As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All I want to do is [Dream] Thread

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    So, I was on a small island community in the Antarctic, and a lunatic had started committing horrible crimes. He took a small child, froze him, and turned him into an optical illusion - from one angle all you saw was a normal, albeit frozen kid caught up rather stiffly in some spiky bushes. But if you walked around, the child had actually been dissected and ... peeled, and was mounted on the bushes in carefully constructed segments. A bit like those unravelling Escher heads, but chunkier.

As a small-time crook and occasional prostitute, I was probably ideally placed to go all gumshoe and solve the murder, but I woke up before that could happen.

Well now you have to write a book.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I had a dream this morning in which I came upon a table at which there were sitting three red-headed, very beautiful women

I think they might have been witches, unfortunately I can't remember anything they said to me, but this part of the dream cut away to some Viking who looked like DaMoonRulz kicking a stone with a chain connected to it down a hole in some forgotten place which then filled with snow

It was very cinematic!

The dream then continued (or maybe this was a different, second dream) with a house in the far distance which had very malnourished and dirty-looking dogs pouring out one by one

One of the dogs belonged to a woman who was accompanying it me, it came to her and she fed it green apples which the dog grasped with its forepaws and then continued to pull out the stems with its teeth

I was also carrying a sword which was encased in black styrofoam I had put on there with a giant stapler, I don't even know

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I had a dream about a number of things, involving a great plot and lively characters, but none of it mattered because in the dream I found an affectionate Himalayan cat and spent the rest of dream time petting it as it sprawled over my lap because I haven't gotten to pet a cat in almost a year. When I go to my parents' place for Thanksgiving is the closest opportunity.

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    A few months I posted about a pregnancy dream, where Mr. Muzz left me alone in the hospital while I was in labour, just so he could watch a Rocky marathon that was on Spike TV (A 'mens' themed channel).

So, now, on my final week of pregnancy, Mr. Muzz and I were browsing through the TV schedual for this Saturday (I have a couple of shows I like taped), and lo and behold......there's a Rocky Marathon planned. I'm guessing it's because of the new Creed movie, but still....

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    My dreams are usually really weird and free-associationy but one bit I remember from my dream this morning was at one bit there was some voiceover/narration type thing that went:
    "Usually life is like suddenly having to create a meal out of a 60 pound testicle. But sometimes, it gets catered instead."

I have no idea what it means, but like most stuff in my dreams, at time I dreamed it, it felt like the most profound/funny shit that I woke up just having to share it with someone.
    Good thing there's a thread for me to put it in instead of trying to work that into a conversation here at my job.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    "Usually life is like suddenly having to create a meal out of a 60 pound testicle. But sometimes, it gets catered instead."

This is an amazing turn of phrase.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Ever have those dreams about people that make you feel differently about them when you wake up even though you know it's not rational? Yeah.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    I entered some kind of Bob Ross dreamworld tonight

And I subjugated it with fire and sword

Platy on
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    So I had what was prooooobably a low-grade fever dream last night, wherein @Liiya and @Usagi were trying to convince me to time travel with them because they could totally do it. And Liiya showed me a letter and was like SEE, NAPOLEON WROTE THIS, WE CAN GO HANG WITH NAPOLEON

And then I tried to do it but I couldn't make it work and look guys I'll practice and meet you there, okay

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    So I had what was prooooobably a low-grade fever dream last night, wherein @Liiya and @Usagi were trying to convince me to time travel with them because they could totally do it. And Liiya showed me a letter and was like SEE, NAPOLEON WROTE THIS, WE CAN GO HANG WITH NAPOLEON

And then I tried to do it but I couldn't make it work and look guys I'll practice and meet you there, okay

@Cello that is the best ever, I would definitely encourage you to come with us!

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Would... would Napoleon even be fun to hang out with?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Would... would Napoleon even be fun to hang out with?

Yeah but he tends to take over anything you invite him to

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I once had a fever dream on the sofa when I was like 16. My mom was watching mask of zorro on the TV and I dreamt I was zorro.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    My fever dreams tend to go to some pretty weird places

When I caught pneumonia/had a pretty high fever I had a dream about God giving me a powerpoint lecture on engineering ethics

That one was... ... ... strange

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    My weird dreams tend to come after long bouts with insomnia.

One time I was awake for three days and when I finally fell asleep I had one of those dreams where you keep 'waking up' from a nightmare but woops you are still dreaming.
    The crux of that nightmare was that I guess I really needed to go number 2 and in the dream I kept going in there and having like doom 3 demon shits.

• Options

When I caught pneumonia/had a pretty high fever I had a dream about God giving me a powerpoint lecture on engineering ethics

If there's anyone qualified to deliver that presentation...

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    My dreams have been weird lately. Lots of driving and shooting and such.

All I recall is zombies, the doctor,and having a wrist laser that I would slam to ground to doe an AoE because its regular fire mode was to slow.
    I think we were saving somebody.

Its odd because all I watched yesterday was the twlight zone

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Kaplar wrote: »
    Ever have those dreams about people that make you feel differently about them when you wake up even though you know it's not rational? Yeah.

I have several of these about people who were really bad for me to be around and I cut them out of my life
    But in the dream they come around and make amends and we start the healing process and it's all very emotional

And I'll wake up thinking "you know, they weren't so bad, maybe I should try to- hey wait a minute"

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I had a dream last night about working in a old fashioned department store during Christmas and having a disagreement with the management about the presentation of the decorations in the main entrance.

I interpret this as anxiety about trying to find a job next year while dealing with some school transition stuff and potentially working retail.

488W936.png
  • Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Had a dream that I was at some convention run by Geico. The presentation consisted of a pug running on a treadmill and the speech was delivered by darth vader wearing a ghost busters costume.

• Options
    by darth vader wearing a ghost busters costume.

Sorry to inform you, but I don't cosplay.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular

Yet

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »

Yet

LARPing is just a sequence of DNA that just needs a good kick from a friend to get activated, is all. Or a bit of inspiration in a dream, in this case.

488W936.png
  • Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Hello dream thread.
    Last night I had a dream that I was wiriting a gonzo style article about a trip to North Korea I spent with a female gonzo journalist that I have a semi-celebrity crush on. It was really weird, because we were in the back of a normal sedan, and I was looking at the cars that were in the streets, and one of them had a Fallout look to it, and was called the AirStar. It wasn't a scary dream, just strange. I was also narrating the whole thing, in a noir kinda way.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    BillyIdle wrote: »
    Hello dream thread.
    Last night I had a dream that I was wiriting a gonzo style article about a trip to North Korea I spent with a female gonzo journalist that I have a semi-celebrity crush on. It was really weird, because we were in the back of a normal sedan, and I was looking at the cars that were in the streets, and one of them had a Fallout look to it, and was called the AirStar. It wasn't a scary dream, just strange. I was also narrating the whole thing, in a noir kinda way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Aerostar

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular

I don't know, the more I learn about physics, the more the whole enterprise feels like the cheapest bidder got the contract.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options

I don't know, the more I learn about physics, the more the whole enterprise feels like the cheapest bidder got the contract.

Oh, I'm not so sure, of course you can imagine a universe in which there is only one force for example but there are signs we might already be living in one

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    BillyIdle wrote: »
    Hello dream thread.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Aerostar

It looked more like the Nucleon! I knew Ford was getting into my subconscious.

BillyIdle on
    PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    The only dreams I remember any more are nightmares, specifically the recurring nightmares I've had since I was a little kid.

• Options

Here's the deal about physics. It's all just people inside the box trying to explain how the box works. God probably looks at advanced doctorate-level physics papers for a laugh before bed.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

I have several of these about people who were really bad for me to be around and I cut them out of my life
    But in the dream they come around and make amends and we start the healing process and it's all very emotional

And I'll wake up thinking "you know, they weren't so bad, maybe I should try to- hey wait a minute"

So this happened

• Options

So this happened

Wait, like you actually reconnected with someone you shouldn't have?

• Options
    Oh, no, just had the dream that I did
    Though I have actually done it in the past, and if I'm honest, likely will do so again one day, so you're not far off by assuming that

• Options
    Maybe I should text her
    Should I text her?
    Y'all gimme a minute to text her

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    This thread suddenly has several old songs going through my head.

Like Dream Lover, or All I Have to do is Dream

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

Pssh. Dream on.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

Pssh. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1SE88RrflY

fix'd

• Options
    This morning I dreamt that I was the sheriff of a "wild west" version of my hometown. First a drunk I was trying to lock up kept somehow sneaking out of the jail cell when I turned my back, so I made a deal with him that I'd let him leave at night, so long as he promised to come back to his cell during the day and tell me all the news from the criminal underworld. Then a beautiful rich widower came by the office because she was worried someone had broken into her home. I'm 90% certain that was just a pretext to get me alone with her, but I'll never know now because that's around the time I woke up.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular

I do.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Fuck off, dreams.

Last night's was that I was several hours late for work and that I had done that a bunch of times recently and I went to clock in, but my name wasn't in the system anymore.

3basnids3lf9.jpg