As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

god freaking ЛAMN I love me some [Fashion]

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Suit get.

Dark charcoal with a slightly lighter grey pin. My tailor is meh on the cut and it isn't my best suit, but it's a versatile team player.

...now to procure the desired pocket square.

Where'd you buy it? I am in the market for a new suit myself.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    I need new mascara. Favorite brands, drugstore and high end, go!

Waterproof Great Lash!! Though I've been using Volum Express One by One and/or Mega Plush as well and I love them both (the brushes are fantastic)

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I use NYC Sky Rise mascara. It is really cheap, about £2?? And it is surprisingly good!

My eyelashes are the same colour as my hair, so if I don't wear mascara I look VERY different because they're so blonde they look invisible. This makes them a massive pain the colour in, because you can't get away with missing a few! My lashes are quite long but that makes them look longer, and it does not run under your eyes compared to more expensive brands I've used so thats why I'm very impressed with NYC.

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    I need new mascara. Favorite brands, drugstore and high end, go!

I've been using the waterproof version of the new(ish?) Voluminous Butterfly mascara from L'Oreal for a couple of months now. At first I thought the brush was a bit gimmicky, but I actually really like it. It definitely gives you a little extra oomph on the outside edges of your eyes.

And I have a trial size of the Urban Decay Perversion that I really like so far. It adds volume but not clumps. It doesn't even seem to smudge a whole lot, considering it's not waterproof and I have oily lids.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Also I learned the hard way that if you buy really cheap clothes (coughcoughPRIMARK) they may seem like a glorious bargain for the first few washes, but they will turn and go really bobbly and funny and not good funny.

Buy nice quality that is more expensive that will last for years.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    i will soon need to buy some new work shoes. Some sort of preferably grey shoe. I work in a hospital warehouse and walk all day, so I am leaning towards something like my current pair of Merrells, maybe these.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    Jars is not an anime girl??

at least not until I can cross into the virtual world

• Options
    BombClancyBombClancy Sugar Lady Registered User regular
    Every year I make myself a new fashion related resolution or goal.

2014: Buy shoes, accessories and jewelry in each color, ROY B BIV.

So far I have only completed parts of red and green. Oops.

what do you call a pile of kittens? A meoooowntain!
    itweet
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I buyed a suit.

10660278_10152635021368279_4502523885063215962_n.jpg?oh=9d08dce9f2507cb424dbfa85e95748dd&oe=5463B325&__gda__=1415433818_0efa1f6a504e6dcab2016035bc123258

Oscar De La Renta (sp?) Jacket $6.38 mwahaha
    Random pants from Macy's

I'll need help on an undershirt. I'll try to take a picture of the suit with the tie I'm planning on. The jacket is at the drycleaners since it came from a thrift store. This was me trying on the pants.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I use Clinique's Lash Power, which I really like because it's super subtle and doesn't even really show up as wearing mascara.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I think I mentioned them before, but I want to sing the praises of Macson, a spanish men's fashion store that ships all over the EU and the US that has some really, really, really nice clothes for relatively reasonable prices. These pictures are from last year's fall collection, the 2014 one should kick in around the end of the month; in the meantime a lot of the items from the summer collection are on sale

http://www.macsonshop.es/

602313_479982992042018_1302979479_n.jpg
    409348_479982685375382_835379335_n.jpg
    18113_479983248708659_1630888996_n.jpg
    59596_479981982042119_481334246_n.jpg

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Hmmm are there any good sites to read up on fashion for both sexes?

Edit: The giant bomb thread is gone for now so I thought I might as well branch out for a bit

Peas on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    @Brogey I am late to the party but you look awesome

that knot is pretty great, too, Blake's shown me a bunch before; was it hard to learn?

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Thank you so much, everyone, for all your kind words! <3

@Vivixenne‌ It was pretty easy, I'm wearing my 2nd attempt at tying it. Then again, tying ties always takes me at least 2 tries...

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    @Usagi‌ and I were having a conversation earlier.

If I were to die I would want my skull engraved with awesome designs and sent to @Kochikens‌ for keeping and cherishing.

No, you don't have a choice here, Kochi

• Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    I had a swank date with my lady-love tonight, for which we budgeted half our evening getting made up and doing our hair and trying on outfits. It was super fun and romantic, but the only picture of what we were wearing is from the end of the night when she was nearly dead on her feet, so I am worried about posting our swag. :/

I really need a haircut. I am getting a lot of mileage out of simple braided up-dos, but I need a way to wear it that looks good down.

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    Don't mind me. Just in nothing but my hot pink American Apparel briefs, hanging out in the fashion thread.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Take it outside you pervert.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    No wait don't do that

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    This is the police: We are very disappointed in your advice to this young man. Very, very, very disappointed.

• Options
    Today I was reminded that it doesn't matter what you're wearing, your baggiest t-shirt jeans and hiking boots, some guys will still feel the urge to yell at you in public.

• Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    I really really want to shave and look moderately attractive again but i feel like if i dont do something with this beard for halloween it's just a waste

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Why not do both?

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    @Usagi‌ and I were having a conversation earlier.

If I were to die I would want my skull engraved with awesome designs and sent to @Kochikens‌ for keeping and cherishing.

No, you don't have a choice here, Kochi

I mean
    I'm okay with it

but I just don't want to get haunted, which is my main reason for not wanting any human skulls. Also I don't want your ghost watching me constantly. However I would deffo be happy to have it carved/carve it. Then stick an LED color changing lightbulb in it.

• Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    pimento wrote: »
    Why not do both?

well i'd like it to be as long as possible by halloween just in case
    but... i actually havent figured out a good bearded costume yet. Until a month ago i'd just intended to be dayman for the rest of my life

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    I've been letting my hair grow out since January (minus a couple of trips to the salon to get it thinned on the sides, no mad scientist look for me!) and the length is starting to pay off finally, I'm moving out of the awkward stage. I think I'll post a couple of pictures later today. Still not near as long as I want it to get, but we're moving in the right direction.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    Hmmm are there any good sites to read up on fashion for both sexes?

Edit: The giant bomb thread is gone for now so I thought I might as well branch out for a bit

If you have a vague idea of what you're looking for, Pinterest actually has some amazing inspiration. It being Pinterest, sometimes the results are a little skewed towards the hipster, but most of the time I end up just wanting to own half the things I see in my feed.

Lookbook is also pretty neat. It's a social media site where you post outfits and people will share or vote the best ones. If you're just trying to see some recent trendy things everyone agrees looks amazing, it's an excellent resource.

I'm not sure about any specific blogs though!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i need to own a navy suit
    i don't like buying suits though it is an ordeal

especially with my wee babby shoulders

poo
  • Options
    see, I'd buy more awesome clothes, but I don't really have anywhere to go lol

• Options
    Today I was reminded that it doesn't matter what you're wearing, your baggiest t-shirt jeans and hiking boots, some guys will still feel the urge to yell at you in public.

Update: this really made me anxious and upset me earlier but now I am angry, I should be able to walk about without being harassed!

Feminism.

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I wish the heel in this was at least a half inch shorter, preferably an inch or more; 4" is just too high for me, especially given that I'm already tall. I love the design though, need to find a good set of long zippered boots like dis (even if they're flat).
    354687-01-2_589x860.jpg

And these I just wish I had money for rn
    353518-13-2_589x860.jpg

Nullzone on
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular

Update: this really made me anxious and upset me earlier but now I am angry, I should be able to walk about without being harassed!

Feminism.

Relevant:

The Daily Show had a great segment on this about a guy talking about clapping at attractive women that walk by.

• Options
    USA viewing only!

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Oh noooo

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Nullzone wrote: »
    I wish the heel in this was at least a half inch shorter, preferably an inch or more; 4" is just too high for me, especially given that I'm already tall. I love the design though, need to find a good set of long zippered boots like dis (even if they're flat).
    354687-01-2_589x860.jpg

And these I just wish I had money for rn
    353518-13-2_589x860.jpg

@Nullzone link the second pair pleeeeasse

• Options
    ohhhhhh, I just learned I don't need a prescription for the steel plate embedded in my shoes to allow me to walk.

the Dr. just happened to write it on a prescription so I wouldn't forget.

so I can buy shoes again!

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    ohhhhhh, I just learned I don't need a prescription for the steel plate embedded in my shoes to allow me to walk.

Did....did you walk into a pharmacy and attempt to have it filled?

Because I would have loved to have seen the face on the pharmacy tech's face.

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Suit get.

Dark charcoal with a slightly lighter grey pin. My tailor is meh on the cut and it isn't my best suit, but it's a versatile team player.

...now to procure the desired pocket square.

Where'd you buy it? I am in the market for a new suit myself.

Macy's.

Caught the end of the Labor Day sale.

• Options
    Xaquin wrote: »

Did....did you walk into a pharmacy and attempt to have it filled?

Because I would have loved to have seen the face on the pharmacy tech's face.

nah, there's a custom shoe repair place about 20 miles away that my Podiatrist sends people to when they need custom shoe stuff done (in addition to the orthopedics he supplies).

I needed a steel plate added to my left shoe so my big toe won't bend when I walk.

He wrote it on a prescription pad so I wouldn't forget, but I just assumed it was something you needed a prescription for.

But since I've discovered my assumption was incorrect, I can now buy whatever shoes I want, transfer the custom inserts, and have the steel plate added!

still a lot of work and a lot of money, but it's nice to know I don't need to see the doctor every time I want new shoes.

This discussion has been closed.