As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth] Afterbirth+ is live!

• xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    Dranyth wrote: »
    Pre-load just started working, 309MB. Aww yeah. Still a shame it doesn't come out at midnight...

Still not working for me, but since it's only 309MB I'm not too stressed. Work is going to feel like an age tomorrow....

steam_sig.png
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Man, at like 90% cheevos on the original. Still have beat blue baby with samson, beat satan with eve, and don't get hit on caves/depths/womb...

Yeah, it'll probably be a while until I actually get around to 100%ing it.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Man, at like 90% cheevos on the original. Still have beat blue baby with samson, beat satan with eve, and don't get hit on caves/depths/womb...

The only achievement I'm missing on Steam is Platinum God, but I don't think I'm ever going to get it. Some of the achievements are buggy anyway. I'm not even sure what I need to do now in order to get that last 1% of an achievement. I've done far more than I ever thought I'd do at this point. Hopefully Rebirth is a much smoother experience, as they've promised.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »

The only achievement I'm missing on Steam is Platinum God, but I don't think I'm ever going to get it. Some of the achievements are buggy anyway. I'm not even sure what I need to do now in order to get that last 1% of an achievement. I've done far more than I ever thought I'd do at this point. Hopefully Rebirth is a much smoother experience, as they've promised.

I think you might need to pick up all the items for Platinum God? Check your collection to see if there's any question marks left. I'd not be surprised if you've not come across fate (only appears in golden chests, and only a 50% chance to be in the golden chest item pool every game--same as [and tied to] Pyro's chance to be in the secret room pool).

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    I'm only missing Dark Boy and it's really really damn hard to get on Wrath. Would've been so much better if I had gotten it on vanilla... ah well!

• RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    Stream is live

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118

I think you might need to pick up all the items for Platinum God? Check your collection to see if there's any question marks left. I'd not be surprised if you've not come across fate (only appears in golden chests, and only a 50% chance to be in the golden chest item pool every game--same as [and tied to] Pyro's chance to be in the secret room pool).

Looks like I am missing four items:

l2nklw6emwfc.jpg

Not a big deal, though. I feel that the amount of stuff I did in that game is enough for me to consider being done with it. Onward to Rebirth! I appreciate that in the most recent blog post, Edmund says it is closer to BoI 2 rather than a remake.

Also, hidden video in that post:
    http://youtu.be/P2MmFEuLHyA

Showing an Xbox logo briefly in the corner.

boi.jpg 141.4K
    Raslin
    edited November 2014
    If you're curious, you're missing these items:
    Forget Me Now, Notched Pickaxe (lol), Toothpicks (also lol), and Dead Dove. Three of them were just consciously avoiding terrible items :P

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    Man, I could have sworn I picked up the notched pickaxe. I suspect I exchanged it back for whatever item I had before, so it probably didn't count in the game.

So, 4 player co-op(on ps4, at least)

That's a thing

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Raslin wrote: »
    So, 4 player co-op(on ps4, at least)

That's a thing

Wow that's pretty crazy, had never expected that.

Must be so many tears flying around.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    A hairy, amicable fellow named CobaltStreak is going to play right from launch AND until he gets Platinum God!

I think he is able to play before us others somehow.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Man, I could have sworn I picked up the notched pickaxe. I suspect I exchanged it back for whatever item I had before, so it probably didn't count in the game.

No that would have counted. The achievements very frequently don't "take" for some reason.

• BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Northernlion is also streaming some Rebirth on twitch right now.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    This game will unlock in approximately 2 hours.

I have so much I should be doing tonight. None of it is getting done.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    NorthernLion has posted his first vid of Rebirth. Soooooo tempted to watch, but I'm trying to hold off, want to go in fresh. Here it is in case people want to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRXY0J2V0f8

steam_sig.png
    Magic Pink
  • ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    As much as I want to watch everything related to the game, I also really don't want to spoil myself so I'll likely be avoiding this thread.

Personally a big part of the fun of these games is discovery all the new amazing stuff myself.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
    I really want to be watching streamers, and playing in an hour. Stupid medical appointment that I asked for, damn you past raslin.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I'm super hyped to get home and play this.

steam_sig.png
    Nope, still encrypted.

GAAAAABE!

Yeah, something is screwy on Steam. Apparently right at 10am PST there was a moment when it was able to be unencrypted because somehow NorthernLion updated past the pre-release version he had. But then it immediately reverted to pre-load status for everyone else. Tyrone from Nicalis apparently just tweeted to 'hold on', so they're getting something worked out...

• Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    This release snuck up on me! I hope my job stuff comes through soon, I've abstained from playing BoI in anticipation of Rebirth, but now I can't justify getting it! Soon, though. Still excited.

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
    Geth
    As of a couple of minutes ago, restarting Steam allowed it to complete the unlock, so Rebirth is finally out!

WE ARE LIVE PEOPLE WE HAVE TRAINED FOR THIS THIS IS NOT A DRILL GO GO GO

steam_sig.png
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Work day end fasterrrrr!

Steam: Spawnbroker
    LOL this combo
    Proptosis (HUGE tears that quickly get smaller at short range) + The Mark + Inner Eye (Tri-shot) and that is after getting 20/20 (double-shot) + Two Range-up pills. I am tearing up everything.

I just had my first playthrough. I took a screenshot a little over halfway through that session:
    2B2D2F7ADA02B2F1D9596C21F612F1D0212C2410

I did amazingly well. Beat Mom on my first try and got14 achievements. I guess that code in the screenshot is the seed for my playthrough. I didn't notice a place to input those codes, but I am sure there is a way.

I don't remember the name of the first item I got, but it was a combination of a speed down, an HP up, and let me destroy rocks by walking on top of them. That was one hell of a first power up.

I didn't notice a place to input those codes, but I am sure there is a way.

If you hit tab on the character select screen you can enter codes.

Made it to Mom on my second run, but she got me unfortunately. I'm a bit rusty since it's been a while, but I'm loving it so far. Only complaint I have so far is the map is a bit tricky to read. Might just be my eyes.

steam_sig.png
    Press tab on the character select screen to enter a seed.

My first run was hilariously overpowered with some fun new items, always nice to see that. Is any else getting some weird movement bugs where your keystrokes don't register/you keep moving in a direction after letting the key go? It didn't interfere too much, but was still annoying.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    Alright, two games in so far. Beat mom on the second try with azaeal, also managed to become guppy.

Thinking I'm gonna try cain next.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    PSN's updated, and the Vita version's up. Assuming the PS4 version is as well.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    Sometimes after first Mom a blown-up wall appears. I might've missed it the first couple times, but you can go through and pick one of four items, free! Sweet!

And Mom down on the 3rd try. God, I'm not sure how I'm going to keep track of what all the different items do, I had enough trouble with the first game.

steam_sig.png
    I do appreciate that the item text when you grab something seems to be vastly more useful than the first game's.

persona4celestia.jpg
    xiears wrote: »
    And Mom down on the 3rd try. God, I'm not sure how I'm going to keep track of what all the different items do, I had enough trouble with the first game.

I really wish they would have implemented a proper in-game guide this time.

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Bluuh, I want to play this but steam or my computer or my general ineptitude won't let me; everytime I boot up the game it just crashes after the 'preparing to launch' screen with a message that Data Execution Prevention has shut it down for safety reasons, no matter how many work arounds I try.

Laaame. I don't suppose anyone has encountered similar difficulties before?

edited November 2014
    Oh my god, just found Soy Milk. (Damage way down, but tears WAY up.)

While I had Triple Shot.

So I didn't really lose any damage per shot, but it's like a tear machine gun.

EDIT: What it looked like.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    Restart steam, and verify integrity of game cache? Usually fixes weird launching issues like that if it isn't purely the games fault.

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Damn it, this came out today? I forgot to preorder it and save the $5.00. I don't know why I didn't do it right away.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650