The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth] Afterbirth+ is live!

1717273747577»

• chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king Registered User regular
    Quick heads up for anyone still playing, particularly if you're still going for unlocks.

If you're working on getting to Mega Satan, don't pick up the Filigree Feather trinket from the latest Booster Pack. It changes the Key Piece drops from the Angel Statues into items from the Angel Room pool. i don't know if they're any random item, or if they go through a set cycle (the reason i wonder is, i got teleported into the Angel Room from a Self Sacrifice room, The Body was there as an item. When i beat the Angel Statue, it dropped The Soul; and when i went back to the SSR and beat the next Angel, i picked up The Mind...not impossible, but unusual).

Of course, if you're not going for Megs, but have gotten stuck with Angel Rooms, or picked up Duality, it's a pretty damn good trinket, 'cause you'll always at least get something from the Angel Room.

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades This is the water, and this is the well Drink full, and descendRegistered User regular
    I have thought for a long time now that Angel Rooms and the Dark Room could use a balancing rework. They just aren't as worth it as Devil Rooms/The Chest.

The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within.
    Magic Pink
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I've yet to get the + DLC; how hard is it to add bosses? It's all I'd want to add, but I'd go for it if its possible (without lots of work arounds and jankiness). They wouldn't even be hard ones, just some variety for the Basement.

• heenatoheenato Registered User regular
    actually, that makes me wonder. Did they ever update the mod tools to be not absolute trash?

M A G I K A Z A M
    X-com saves the children streams will be announced at twitter
  • TofystedethTofystedeth veni, veneri, vamoosi Registered User regular
    I'm working on getting my last like, 5 achievements. I need rerun, i think something regarding doing a bunch of dailies. Not sure if it requires actually completing the daily or simply attempting it. I think I've completed about 5 in a row right now.

In the funny stories about me being stupid file, i ended a decent run by forgetting how void worked. I'd gotten in the habit of hoovering up stuff, and voided a Plan C, for some dumb reason forgetting that it was an active item, not a passive.

steam_sig.png
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades This is the water, and this is the well Drink full, and descendRegistered User regular
    Plan C is a bad item

The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within.
    Yeah, the only real use it has is if you're trying to hit unlocks on hard bosses, but delirium at least and maybe a couple others have a long enough death animation that it'll kill you before you credit.

And most other bosses if you can get to them, you can probably kill them.

steam_sig.png
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Plan C is a bad item

fight me

also what is plan c

Magic Pink wrote: »
    Plan C is a bad item

fight me

also what is plan c

It's a 1 time use item that kills everything in the room, then kills you 3 seconds later.

steam_sig.png
  • chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king Registered User regular
    If you Plan C with 9Lives (or any non-Laz Rags rez item), will you get the kill credit? Or will you need to refight the boss, since you respawn outside the room?

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
    Depends on the circumstances
    Isaac Wiki wrote:
    Plan C does not kill both phases of bosses like Hush, Ultra Greed, and Mega Satan, and is most useful when used during the last phase of these multi-phase bosses. After killing bosses, however, you will not be able to reach the chest or next floor in time. The kill still counts as a victory for Completion Marks, but the run will still end without extra lives.

While using this will technically kill Delirium, his death animation takes longer than 3 seconds, meaning you will die first and it will not count as a Delirium kill. Having extra lives that re-spawn your character outside the room will not help either; you must fight Delirium again.
    However, if playing as Lazarus or if Lazarus' Rags Lazarus' Rags is obtained, using Plan C against Delirium will net a very easy kill.

steam_sig.png
    If anybody wants an easy daily.
    Today's
    No treasure rooms, but you start with Brimstone, Holy Mantle, Spoon Bender, Rubber Cement, and Tammy's Head.
    If you turn down the floor 2 devil deal, you can get a grail in the angel room for flight. Pretty easy to steamroll.

steam_sig.png
    edited September 1
    Well, i finally did it.
    I got 1000000%.
    I beat the Binding of Isaac.
    It took like 2 hours of breaking the shit out of greed mode pull the last 4 pedestal items i needed (all but 1 being angel room items, with the last being tonsil). I wasn't paying attention and fucked up on one of the floors and accidentally teleported myself to the error room, in the process losing both my Blank Card + 2 diamonds infinite money setup and my swallowed penny (for slower infinite money as keeper). But at that point all I needed was Tonsil and that floor had a trinket slot and i was capped on coins with a steam sale so I could buy 33 at a time. It took like 3 full 99-0 buys until I got one. At that point it was just damaging myself with bombs (and scraping up enough pennies by various means to heal myself) until the follower appeared.

Then I went and tried to kill greed and the game locked up when it tried to play his death animation while he was taking like 100k damage per second.

edit: I just now realized it probably wasn't locked, it was probably just his statue taking damage and the ridiculous shot animations not clearing because they always had something to hit and pierce then track back on to.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    SteevLjoshofalltradeschris: waffle king