Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[STO] Star Trek Online: Mirror of No More Spiders

1495051525355»

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Okay, this is ridiculous.

I'm on the Delta Quadrant mission "Revelations" and I just met up with one of the most a-fucking-nnoying things I've ever had to fight- a Voth Bastion Cruiser. I go in, pop off a full complement of torps, fire all phasers- and then the damned thing just goes all trollface on me and becomes immune to damage and suddenly my shields are down and its torps and beams are tearing me a new one.

Just how the fuck am I supposed to deal with this damned thing?

steam_sig.png
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    It's only super-shielded on one side. Circle around to the other, or wait for it to switch facings.

steam_sig.png
    Steam, Warframe: Megajoule
    BasilHevach
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Don't waste an alpha strike on a Voth ship - wait for them to pop their shield and then use it during the cooldown on the vulnerable side. Their cruisers become invincible on a 90 degree arc matching a shield facing, battleships and dreadnoughts get a 180 degree version that blocks half of each adjacent facing, which is more annoying since its the only mechanic in the game to split a facing like that. The thing to remember is that they'll always use the shield if you hit them hard, so you waste most of your opening volley. They're slower to use it if you come in defensively, but once they do they can't use it again for a minute and can't move it to a new angle.

Commander ZoomBasil
    Went back to tackle Mr. Voth again. He popped his super shield- flew past him and shoved some torps up his exhaust.

Met the Vaad-whatevers, and if one of their cruisers can do that to me than oh shit just how outclassed am I in a plain Galaxy-class?

Defeated the episode, though. Going to need to drop some EC on better weapons and consoles and the like. I'm still using the Hargh'peng launcher I got way back in the beginning (does good damage and the DOT is nice).

steam_sig.png
    Basil
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    Does Aux still improve your crowd control abilities?

I remember back in the day having a rolling set of rank I / II / III Sensor Scrambles with like a 40 second duration with 125/100 aux power. Numbers don't seem to change on the bar with aux power anymore, tho.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    Finished the Iconian war missions, finally.

There's a certain NPC I really, really wish I could take out back and beat the stupid out of.

steam_sig.png
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    That was quite the finale, eh? There's actually one more Iconian mission and it's one of the best the game has had in a long time.

The campaign goes a bit meandering after the big Iconian showdown, but it is working towards something (the last few spider related thread titles reference that). Some great characters and a wild ride of switcheroos as every time you think you've won.

• Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    edited June 22
    The Discovery Enterprise and K7 were released yesterday, and the power creep is real. 5/3 weapons, 9 base turn, 2 hangars, and a 12th console slot (universal!) just for fun. The beam weapons unlocked with the ships will probably end up being best-in-slot, and the new hangar pets are pretty nuts, too.

The official forums are, as expected and perhaps understandably, annoyed that Cryptic's gone fully p2w-lootbox on this one.

edit: the blue beams and bolts are entirely from me/my pets
    OldVxgO.jpg

Fartacus_the_Mighty on
    Basil