As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Onward, Guardians! Into the Vault of Glass!

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    InkSplat wrote: »
    Its not enforced. I was watching streams yesterday of people soloing the moon with a handcannon.

Okay, I overstated things a bit. Co-op isn't 'enforced,' but it's overbearingly encouraged by Bungie with the structure of these missions. I should want to play co-op because it's more fun that way, yields better loot, allows the group to tackle higher difficulties. But when friends simply are not online or are playing other games, other parts of the story, etc, the missions should not be frustrating for a single player to take on. Borderlands 2 nailed that balance.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying my time with Destiny. But that's my one real gripe so far. Well, that and, could those of us with no interest in Crucible please have some new bounties for PvE?

I've soloed 75% of my missions so far because I like to listen to the dialogue and do things at my own pace. I've had no issues. This is not an easy game, it's not meant to be. Just like Halo, the AI is good, and it will challenge you if you're even or lower level with the content.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    So I was in the middle of fighting The Weezer and I got kicked out of the game world literally mid-bullet burst.

That kind of shit never happened to me in Alpha or Beta.

I have to be honest, I find that very upsetting. Especially since I've done that mission like 5 times already.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Man, fuck the first Venus mission so much. I don't mind waves, but not that fucking many.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    yeah, i've spent most of my time solo and have worked through the moon missions now. i've died a few times sure, but not to the point of it being frustrating or feeling unfair.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    double postitration

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    Man, fuck the first Venus mission so much. I don't mind waves, but not that fucking many.

ooohh, something for me to look forward to tomorrow. :)

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Its not enforced. I was watching streams yesterday of people soloing the moon with a handcannon.

Okay, I overstated things a bit. Co-op isn't 'enforced,' but it's overbearingly encouraged by Bungie with the structure of these missions. I should want to play co-op because it's more fun that way, yields better loot, allows the group to tackle higher difficulties. But when friends simply are not online or are playing other games, other parts of the story, etc, the missions should not be frustrating for a single player to take on. Borderlands 2 nailed that balance.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying my time with Destiny. But that's my one real gripe so far. Well, that and, could those of us with no interest in Crucible please have some new bounties for PvE?

I've soloed 75% of my missions so far because I like to listen to the dialogue and do things at my own pace. I've had no issues. This is not an easy game, it's not meant to be. Just like Halo, the AI is good, and it will challenge you if you're even or lower level with the content.

Yeah. I've been solo all this time with the exception of that abysmal strike that I did (we won, I just scored terribly). That said, if it wasn't for being around other players I wouldn't have even noticed how low performing my gear really was, so I'd say that its fairly forgiving.

Of course I got a new handcannon, but it only has 4 shots... go figure.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Geth is not amused.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    I think the difficulty is up a bit from alpha/beta. I died twice in some of the intro quests, which I didn't do earlier. That said, it just means I need to adjust and be slightly more cautious

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular

I've got one of those with the lucky affix of one shot in the clip does a bunch more damage.

Although now when I miss I wince everytime, just in case that was the superbullet

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    On lunch break. Someone do a quick moon mission with me. :D

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    so I guess once you get any class to level 15, the sub-class for all the other classes are unlocked, as well, even if they aren't 15.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Anyone need to do the Venus strikes? There's two, and they're both level 14 oriented.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Frei wrote: »
    so I guess once you get any class to level 15, the sub-class for all the other classes are unlocked, as well, even if they aren't 15.

So I don't have to suffer through all that golden gun silliness? Fantastic

• Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Can we be in more than one clan? I want to play with PA people but I want to be in my friend's clan, too. PSN profile will be in sig probably by the time you read this.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    Is there a PVP gametype without the superpowers? Victories in Control seem to be entirely reliant on which team has more guys with the AoE stomp ability.

• Options
    Darlan wrote: »
    Is there a PVP gametype without the superpowers? Victories in Control seem to be entirely reliant on which team has more guys with the AoE stomp ability.

Halo.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    So. Tired. Almost 20. Finished the "main story."

• Options
    Crayon wrote: »

Good lord, dude. Does your butt hurt?

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    The Vex are a festival of groin shots. <3

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular

Oh my god, that is amazing!

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options

Well, now I don't feel bad at all for being level 12. Thanks!

• Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    Wow, pulse rifles are actually worthwhile now. Very much so, in fact.

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    When you look at your destination map what's the difference between a completed area with orange and a star vs the star inside a wreath?

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular

Well, now I don't feel bad at all for being level 12. Thanks!

I feel kind of bad only being level 8. >.>

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular

I've actually been either playing while on the treadmill or standing up. Gotta exercise and keep the spine in check!

• Options
    Moridin889 wrote: »

I've got one of those with the lucky affix of one shot in the clip does a bunch more damage.

Although now when I miss I wince everytime, just in case that was the superbullet

The one I have increases reload speed if the last shot is a kill, but I just switched to an autorifle until a better handcannon came along. but my most recent handcannon offers 3 shots. So I might give that other one a try.

• Options

I've actually been either playing while on the treadmill or standing up. Gotta exercise and keep the spine in check!

I've spent a good part of the day on a mat doing yoga during loading screens and breaks. Sitting is the worst.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    Fucking hell, sorry Dusda and Vagrant (hope I got that name right), was having the most fun time yet in this game swinging that sword around but then PSN dropped me. Heading off to the gym now, will be on a bit later. I'm Fathom216 btw.

• Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular

A treadmill setup would actually be pretty cool.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    If anyone wants to add me on the PS3 my IGN is Reaper_Stragint.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Anybody looking to do the Moon Strike on PS4?

PSN: QuipFilter

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014

I have soloed everything single mission except for the strike missions that force a fireteam on me. So two missions, Devil's Lair and the one on the moon that I can't remember the name of.

When can I go to Mars?

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Drez wrote: »
    So I was in the middle of fighting The Weezer and I got kicked out of the game world literally mid-bullet burst.

That kind of shit never happened to me in Alpha or Beta.

I have to be honest, I find that very upsetting. Especially since I've done that mission like 5 times already.

I mean, if this is the only launch day hiccup you have, I think that would be pretty good.

I've been playing all day with nary an issue, so I'm going to go ahead and give Bungie a thumbs up here. This has been a fabulous launch.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I found out what a High Impact 4-round Hand Cannon is good for: PvP.

Oh god the damage.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Woooo!

First cloak!

• Options
    Stragint wrote: »

I have soloed everything single mission except for the strike missions that force a fireteam on me. So two missions, Devil's Lair and the one on the moon that I can't remember the name of.

When can I go to Mars?

No idea, I just started Venus. I've been PvPing and doing various things rather than just plowing through the story.

• Options
    I know I said the Scout Rifle is my Waifu but..... the Hand Cannon is an alluring and seductive mistress and it is seducing me.

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Any level 8 peeps wanna join up and blaze through story and strikes?
    Send me an invite :)

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Jumping online now if any Xbone people wanna fire team up.

This discussion has been closed.