As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sweet, sour, saucy, secret [Indulgences]

1939495969799»

• TamTam Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I got irritated at people today and came home and shredded up the rotisserie chicken my parents bought yesterday and tossed in some olive oil and onions and garlic and cilantro and chilis and lime juice and now I'm not mad no more, no sir

cause I am a fat shit who ate the entire thing
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Tam on
    XaquinKwoaruUsagiErin The RedDesert LeviathanDarth WaiterWiseManTobesVeldrinBeastehSlacker71sarukun
  • McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    I need to vent to someone and you're it, Thread.

I just defended Southern Baptists for not being as closed minded as one might assume, but its not the Mormon side of my family that spends holiday time making fun of the Southern Baptist side.

Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of things wrong with Mormonism, but the ones I'm related to aren't spending Christmas dinner make fun of other religions.

• El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    McFlynn wrote: »

I just defended Southern Baptists for not being as closed minded as one might assume, but its not the Mormon side of my family that spends holiday time making fun of the Southern Baptist side.

Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of things wrong with Mormonism, but the ones I'm related to aren't spending Christmas dinner make fun of other religions.

So much of the horribleness of human history has been caused by people who can't just believe whatever they believe, and have to ridicule and/or convert people who believe differently.

Just... Congratulations on being the one who is obviously right. Leave the people who are obviously wrong to their own devices and let them do whatever they want to do.

(note: This is directed at everyone, including atheists).

McFlynn
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    McFlynn wrote: »

Remind them of the time that Jesus made catty remarks about another sect of Judaism during a meal with the Apostles.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

El SkidMcFlynnXaquinDarth WaiterSlacker71
    On a lighter note, I just ate a handful of Cool Ranch Doritos (eff your nacho cheese) and toast with apricot preserves for lunch.

Its my main job as husband to clean out the pantry one lunch at a time.

Xaquin
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    It's got a lot of heart. People have mixed feelings on the end seasons, but the first few are damned solid. Give it a look!

I don't think most shows have any need to reach 9 or more seasons.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

Erin The Red
  • Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Tonight was the first time I've eaten fast food in probably two months.

It was a Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger from Jack in the Crack Box.

Excuse me while I pass out.

Metzger Meister
    My first job was at Jack in the Box
    Sourdough jack is good stuff
    The bacon ultimate cheeseburger is the reason we will burn in the lake of fire

Darth WaiterStiltsSlacker71
    Oh and the bacon cheddar potato wedges
    They don't make those anymore
    But they were delicious in that way that gives you self loathing and heart palpitations afterward

Basically potato wedges (thick cut chips if you're British) fried, crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese sauce, and a heaping helping of sour cream

Darth WaiterBillyIdle
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    At my work's Christmas meal on Saturday, five people had to cancel at the last minute. The restaurant said, "Well, they cancelled too late so you'll still be charged because the meals are already being prepared." As a result, there were five extra meals between twelve of us.

I had two starters and half an extra steak, plus a bottle of red wine. I regret nothing.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDarth WaiterErin The RedZyrelaxV1mKamiroAnialosSlacker71Angelinasarukun
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Tonight was the first time I've eaten fast food in probably two months.

It was a Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger from Jack in the Crack Box.

Excuse me while I pass out.

I super enjoy the jalapeno poppers from jack in the box but they destroy my insides.
    I eat them every time, forgetting what they do to me. A few hours later I remember. Oh, how I remember.

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    The bacon ultimate cheeseburger is usually my go to at Jack in the Box. With two tacos on the side. Because I have no respect for my body.

• SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    If you aren't treating tacos like a side dish, you're doing Jack in the Box wrong.

For the first time in months I got the bane of my existence. Half-off, end of the day apple fritters from the convenience store next to my work. Paired perfectly with shitty office coffee.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I am dipping peanut butter cookies into my coffee. My coffee has Coffee Mate italian sweet cream in it.

Truly this is the height of decadence.

Also, there's like two fuckin pounds of these cookies and they taste just like nutter butters but we only paid like 1.08 for them. FOR TWO POUNDS OF COOKIES. WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I think I'm gonna go to the Artful Dodger today and have me summa that steak and kidney pie.

Or maybe get freak on some other scrumptious somethin', I unno. Alls I know is, I been real good, stickin' to my food budget, and it's time to blow all those savings on some good times and beer.

chromdom
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    The Dairy Queen here is having a half off everything sale on Saturday.

Guess who's deep freeze is gonna be filled with DQ cakes and Buster Bars on Saturday

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    The McRib has made it to the UK, for the first time in my memory (could be because I don't pay attention).

All I need now is a particularly bad/good morning at work to justify McD's for lunch.

• HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    The McRib has made it to the UK, for the first time in my memory (could be because I don't pay attention).

All I need now is a particularly bad/good morning at work to justify McD's for lunch.

I tried it, it's rancid

PSN- AHermano
    I wouldn't have said it was rancid - more tasteless pap smothered in too much sauce.

Oh well, I know now.

Hermano
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Tomorrow I am going to try and convince my girlfriend to come eat Haagen daas ice cream fondue.

Even though it's going to be POSITIVELY ARCTIC 10 or so degrees C.

I expect the molten chocolate may have an impact on the ambient temperature.

Why do I keep checking my old band's Facebook page?

Why do I keep doing this?

They have a new lead singer. Last show they played got rave reviews. I'm happy for them.

Fuck.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    My favorite Jack in the Box thing is the Chicken Tater Melt

Croissant with a fried chicken patty, a hashbrown and melted cheese sauce

CYpGAPn.png
    Erin The Red

They have a new lead singer. Last show they played got rave reviews. I'm happy for them.

Fuck.

Being Pete Bested sucks - there could be a tell-all book in your future, though

:bro: nonetheless

SporkAndrewMetzger MeisterSlacker71
  • SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular

It's been here at least twice. I remember last getting them after going out in Blackpool whilst at sixth form (13 years ago), then before then I remember cycling to the nearest McDonalds to try them after them being hyped up on the internet whilst in high school.

Pretty sure both times they were a bizarre mix of sweet and bland.

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
    13 years ago I was all about the Burger King. Also low on independent funds.

edited January 2015

Fuck.

If it's Pete Best levels of shit I'd better get some royalty checks cut, I wrote the lyrics and vocal melodies for most of their goddamn songs.

Hundreds of thousands of dollars would probably go a long way to easing my suffering...

Also my tell all would be so boring oh my god. Whole chapters about how to make instant ramen and rice-a-roni taste better.

Metzger Meister on

Fuck.

If it's Pete Best levels of shit I'd better get some royalty checks cut, I wrote the lyrics and vocal melodies for most of their goddamn songs.

Hundreds of thousands of dollars would probably go a long way to easing my suffering...

Also my tell all would be so boring oh my god. Whole chapters about how to make instant ramen and rice-a-roni taste better.

...Go on...

edited January 2015
    Add cheese, sour cream, and chopped chicken to rice-a-roni, probably either the rice pilaf or one of the chicken flavors. Maybe some diced veggies if you so choose. The other day I did this with some leftover supermarket deli fried chicken, skin and all (minus the bones of course) and it was absolutely delicious.

As for ramen, if you drain the liquid you can make some pretty damn decent buttered noodles, just remember to drain BEFORE adding the seasoning packet or they'll be a bit bland. Again, added protein and some little extra touches like sour cream (hush I like sour cream ok get off my back about it MOM) or vegetables can really liven up your instant noodle experience. If you want soupy noodles, crack an egg up in that sumbitch!

I like to cube spam up, kinda smallish, and fry until crispy and crunchy, then toss that into ramen. Because I have no respect for my body or sodium levels.

In all seriousness though, treat ramen or boxed rice type stuff as the FOUNDATION of a meal or another ingredient, and you can actually do some really great stuff. Same goes for mac and cheese.

Also: hot sauce. Sriracha and Frank's are my two favorites. Good hot sauce makes even shitty bland food edible.

Metzger Meister on
    Rhesus Positive
    My go-to method for improving ramen in university was to slice up some liver, roll the slices in flour, fry them and then add par-boiled ramen to the pan.

Liver was only about 80 pence for two meals' worth in those days, so I was eating a meal that cost less than a pound. Good times, if incredibly salty and nutrition-suspect.

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    there's a ton of food in my fridge

but I want to eat absolutely none of it

it's all stale rice or week old pasta or a mediocre lasgana

I went out to eat last night

how fucked am I if I just ordered some chinese food for lunch

wY6K6Jb.gif
    Just do like Dead Prez, dawg. Then you'll have take out AND money!

I know another way to get paid.

We can get down but you can't be afraid.

Theres a small drive-in burger joint near my home town that does basically the McRib year round, except its bursting forth with orgasmic flavor.

That's the main reason I love the McRib, its vaguely like my favorite fast food from home. It's like a tenth as good, but it still works for me.

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »

I tried it, it's rancid

I wouldn't go that far, but I don't care much for them either.

My Mom loves them, though.

It's one of the few fast food things she gets all up in arms about whenever it comes back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Well rancid was hyperbole yeah, I really didn't enjoy it though, the bbq sauce had an odd taste and the "meat" wasn't pleasant

PSN- AHermano
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

Fuck.

...Go on...

For raman

add chopped napa cabbage, an egg, half an onion, and some shredded carrots.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    The secret to ramen is basically add many things so it doesn't taste like ramen.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    V1mSlacker71Xaquin
This discussion has been closed.