Options

It wasn't that you died, it was the WAY that you died

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Einhander wrote: »
    The only game that really just gave me that "Ouch, damn that hurts" feeling was the ending of Fallout and that wasn't even a death.

It was the most fucked up thing that could have happened to your character, though. That kind of
    abandonment from the very people you fought so hard to save
    was probably worse than death.

If I hadn't already
    killed all of the Super-Mutants I would have strolled right in there and told them where Vault 13 was just so they would go and fuck it up. Kick me out? Fuck that noise.
    That is what the ending where you kill him is for.

Couscous on
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Planescape: Torment

Not so much because of deaths you witness, but the one's you find out you had a hand in as the game goes on.
    Nothing like finding out your heroic, paragon of virtue was also a mass murderer in the past. And the times where you did things like kill the architect that made that tomb so the secret would be safe. And how you trapped Vhailor and left him to die in his armor until he became a ghost inhabiting said armor and weaponry. And of course your former lover whose ghost isn't happy to see you after you used her and led her to her doom.

A key difference between these deaths, besides the fact that they occur before the game and you merely find out about your responsibility in them after the fact, and others you tend to see is that these were not because of a sacrifice for some greater cause. They were because your former self was a greedy, evil, rat bastard and the kharmic wheels you've repeatedly thrown a wrench in demand restitution. Whereas most character deaths are tragedies occurring during a greater story, PS:T as a whole can be considered a tragedy in the literary sense as you are forced to deal with events past selves set in motion even though you are no longer the same person.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    supermauerbrossupermauerbros Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Starfox for the SNES. I would go out of my way to show that death to friends who hadn't seen it yet.

supermauerbros on
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Starfox for the SNES. I would go out of my way to show that death to friends who hadn't seen it yet.

elaborate please?

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Lets see. I got two from Chrono Trigger.
    Schala and then later Crono. Crono's death came as a complete and total surprise to me.
    This if off topic, but did you have to revive Crono or could you continue through the game without him?

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Axen wrote: »
    Schala and then later Crono. Crono's death came as a complete and total surprise to me.
    This if off topic, but did you have to revive Crono or could you continue through the game without him?
    Schala didn't die, and Crono can come back. Also, yes you can beat the game without him, it's one of the alternate endings.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Yes, you can complete Chrono Trigger at pretty much any time you meet lavos, except it would be near impossible on anything other than a new game+ run

LewieP on
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

you didn't have to. different endings.

edit: beat'd

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited April 2007
    On SotC:
    Also, now that you mention it....
    When it comes down to it, you're technically the bad guy, since the Colossi were created to seal away the dark force you were working for. It didn't look like any of them were inherently evil, they were just minding their own business like normal animals. And you were the hunter.
    It's open to interpretation, but it's strongly implied that the "evil god" guy is actually good, and the guys who sealed him away aren't so nice. Either way, though, Wander's death was pretty goddamned tragic. And for a moment there, I wasn't sure that the princess was even going to awaken. Man, that would've been harsh.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    galenbladegalenblade Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Not so much because of deaths you witness, but the one's you find out you had a hand in as the game goes on.
    And of course your former lover whose ghost isn't happy to see you after you used her and led her to her doom.

Hold up.
    Deionarra didn't even know that you were the one that killed her. When you meet her, she's a ghost and lamenting on being seperated from your character. The import of that moment was the dawning moment of recognition when you use the sensate crystal and realize that you were the one that callously led her to her death, she didn't realize it, and she still loves you. Then at the end you have the option of telling her or letting her believe that she died helping you without your mechanations. That's why she's still "waiting for you in Death's halls, my love."

At least, that's how I remember it.

God, I do need to replay that game.

galenblade on
    linksig.jpg
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    galenblade wrote: »

And of course your former lover whose ghost isn't happy to see you after you used her and led her to her doom.

Hold up.
    Deionarra didn't even know that you were the one that killed her. When you meet her, she's a ghost and lamenting on being seperated from your character. The import of that moment was the dawning moment of recognition when you use the sensate crystal and realize that you were the one that callously led her to her death, she didn't realize it, and she still loves you. Then at the end you have the option of telling her or letting her believe that she died helping you without your mechanations. That's why she's still "waiting for you in Death's halls, my love."

I think how you talked to her when you first met her had an effect on her future disposition, and obviously what you learned early on. I'm not sure I ever chose the options that explained her exact ire so I assumed it was because of the other stuff. Either way, it's a big "you fucked up the lives of those around you and at some point you have to pay" moment.

It's been a while, and yeah, I probably need to replay it too.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I like the death animation from the guy in Panic Restaurant for the NES. He spins around with one leg in the air, slows down, falls over backwards, and then twitches.

The twitch is what sells it.

It is not an epic or tragic death, but classic nonetheless.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Suikoden II spoiler (Yay for labeled spoilers!)
    In Suikoden II, your main character becomes deeply involved in a war between two countries. You eventually reach the point where your character is leading the remaining forces of the defending country, which btw is not the nation you're a native of.
    Also with you is your sister. But she hates the bloodshed of the war and fighting against your own childhood friends, and eventually asks you to give up the war and simply run away to lead normal lives. If you choose to keep fighting, in two of the endings she is eventually killed (intentionally taking an arrow meant for your character).
    However, what always struck me about this death is that, unlike Aerith, it is a choice you choose to make. You can agree with her and run away from the war, which results in the defeat and death of those who depended on you, but you and your sister get to lead normal lives. The overall result is the same no matter which route you pick. If you run away, your childhood friend defeats the army you commanded and establishes a new, peaceful nation from the remains of the two nations involved in the war. If you stay, you destroy your friend's army and kill those who followed him, and in one of the endings kill the friend himself, all so you can, you guessed it, establish a new, peaceful nation from the remains of the original two.

Bremen on
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Zelda: OoT
    The soldier you find in the back alley after Ganondorf attacked.

"He's not moving anymore...."

D:

Isorn on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Castlevania: PoR
    So, I fought death on hard mode, and finally beat him. Keep in mind, it's a boss, and on hard mode it takes six hits MINIMUM to die (with the level 1 cap). And Death has those scythes spawning all over the room. It was basically a fight where you had to keep fucking moving or you're toast.

Later in the game I'm in this room that has some rippers in it (the fleamen who throw knives). One hits me, one jumps on me, and I die in all of 4 seconds. Because I took those six hits from little shit enemies.

Edit - Probably not exactly what this thread was meant for, but man that kind of shit bugs me and I need to rant. XD

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    On SotC:
    When it comes down to it, you're technically the bad guy, since the Colossi were created to seal away the dark force you were working for. It didn't look like any of them were inherently evil, they were just minding their own business like normal animals. And you were the hunter.
    It's open to interpretation, but it's strongly implied that the "evil god" guy is actually good, and the guys who sealed him away aren't so nice. Either way, though, Wander's death was pretty goddamned tragic. And for a moment there, I wasn't sure that the princess was even going to awaken. Man, that would've been harsh.
    I didn't really get that vibe. The booming voice kind of gets vindictive and maniacal, and the elders didn't appear as evil to me, just a group willing to make sacrifices to seal away the dark force (which I assume was the reason for the girl's death in the first place.

What would've really made this scene perfect for me is if it turned out that the soldier who stabbed Wander was his father. That alone would've opened up a whole range of emotions with just a single moment.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    galenblade wrote: »

Hold up.

I think how you talked to her when you first met her had an effect on her future disposition, and obviously what you learned early on. I'm not sure I ever chose the options that explained her exact ire so I assumed it was because of the other stuff. Either way, it's a big "you fucked up the lives of those around you and at some point you have to pay" moment.

It's been a while, and yeah, I probably need to replay it too.

When you talk to her at the end, it's pretty clear that she knew you were the one that betrayed her. At least, that's what I remember.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Henroid wrote: »
    So, I fought death on hard mode, and finally beat him. Keep in mind, it's a boss, and on hard mode it takes six hits MINIMUM to die (with the level 1 cap). And Death has those scythes spawning all over the room. It was basically a fight where you had to keep fucking moving or you're toast.

Later in the game I'm in this room that has some rippers in it (the fleamen who throw knives). One hits me, one jumps on me, and I die in all of 4 seconds. Because I took those six hits from little shit enemies.

Edit - Probably not exactly what this thread was meant for, but man that kind of shit bugs me and I need to rant. XD

Don't you mean maximum?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Drez wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »

Don't you mean maximum?

Er, yes. I tell ya, getting half your health taken in a single swipe is nowhere near as scary as being swarmed by things that take it off in bits quickly.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I got another one.

New Super Mario Bros (huh!?)
    I was pretty surprised how after you beat Bowser in the first area, mimicking the very first battle in SMB1, he falls into the lava, but then burns up until he's nothing but a skeleton. Granted, Jr uses some dark magic to bring him back to life, but I was still surprised that Nintendo would actually allow a comical and beloved "villain" to die. I always thought Mario was strong enough that he could beat Bowser without any intent of killing him.

This also made me recall the death of the salamander-ish boss in Super Metroid. This creature is impervious to your attacks, so you have to keep shooting at it until it falls in lava. The creature then proceeds to flail and moan as its skin is burned off. After you take a few steps away, the skeletal remains jump back up to freak you out, but then dies immediately after.

It was an awesome touch, but it was surprisingly brutal as far as Nintendo games go.

• Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Soul Reaver 2
    Janos Audron. I mean... damn.
    Not only did you unwittingly lead the Sarafan right to his doorstep, but then you find out that it was actually your own former self that ripped his heart out.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited April 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    On SotC:
    I didn't really get that vibe. The booming voice kind of gets vindictive and maniacal, and the elders didn't appear as evil to me, just a group willing to make sacrifices to seal away the dark force (which I assume was the reason for the girl's death in the first place.

What would've really made this scene perfect for me is if it turned out that the soldier who stabbed Wander was his father. That alone would've opened up a whole range of emotions with just a single moment.
    It's a game that's very much open to interpretation, so no opinion on it is necessarily wrong. To me, though, it didn't seem as if either group was really evil. I saw it as two religions (or gods) competing - Dormin on the one side, and the hidden god of Lord Emon's people on the other side. Dormin lost the battle for the hearts and minds of people, and the men locked him within the holy land, and bound his soul to the 16 colossi. To make sure that nobody was led astray by his false teachings, they made the region forbidden.

Wander objected to the sacrifices that were required by the new god (of whom we never see evidence for his existence), and took Mono away to see if Dormin could resurrect her. Dormin offered to revive her, but warned that the price would be steep; Wander didn't care. (Speaking of heart-wrenching moments, after you've played through the game once, the part in the beginning where Wander says he doesn't care about the price he'll pay is devestating.)

At any rate, I think the ending of the game strongly hints that Dormin was, at the least, not evil. If he was, I don't think the scene of Mono walking up the stairs to the Garden with the reborn Wander would've been quite so filled with hope. I mean, being trapped in an evil land with a dark god probably wouldn't appear quite so cheery. :)

Also, speaking of tragic deaths:
    Consider Wander's death from his viewpoint, and it's a lot more fucked up. He thinks his horse is dead, he has no way of knowing if Mono will be revived, and his body has just been savagely soul-fucked by an elder god. That's gotta suck.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
    Ah calculated murder. At the end of the game, you find the warden Hox in his office, tear his guards apart, and then cooly shake him down for the flight codes to leave the planet. But how does Riddick kill the warden? not by snapping his neck or tossing him out the window - no, Riddick creates maximum confusion by dressing up Hox in his clothes and tapes a gun to his hand and straps him to a chair. The guards mistake Hox for Riddick and open fire. While the goons are saying, "Oh shit! We killed our boss!" Riddick has bought himself more time to escape.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    And how has no one mentioned the ending to StarCraft?! You can't kill a planet-devouring crab in a more spectacular fashion.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
    Ah calculated murder. At the end of the game, you find the warden Hox in his office, tear his guards apart, and then cooly shake him down for the flight codes to leave the planet. But how does Riddick kill the warden? not by snapping his neck or tossing him out the window - no, Riddick creates maximum confusion by dressing up Hox in his clothes and tapes a gun to his hand and straps him to a chair. The guards mistake Hox for Riddick and open fire. While the goons are saying, "Oh shit! We killed our boss!" Riddick has bought himself more time to escape.
    That game was fucking excellent. I think I'm going to play it again.

Azio on
  • Options
    Zephyr_FateZephyr_Fate Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Shadow Hearts 1.
    After Yuri's hard work battling and overcoming his personal demons with Alice's help, she dies on the train as the Four Masks take her soul.

Such a fucking sad ending to the best game ever.

On the ASOIAF note, yeah, my favorite fantasy series ever. The deaths in those books are never going to be equalled by any videogame character death. Never.

Zephyr_Fate on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Oh I got another one this time from BG2.
    Jon Irenicus. His death might not fit with what the OP wanted, but there has been no character in any game I have ever played whose death I wanted more than Jon Irenicus. By the end of the game I was burning with hatred for him. It was crazy.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    mausmalonemausmalone Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Kor wrote: »

I don't think I was ever more impacted by a game, than when the baby metroid in Super Metroid dies.

Screw Final Fantasies, or whatever other JRPG you wanna throw out there. That little baby metroid deserves my tears.

On a side note, at what point does it become okay to openly talk about spoilers?

Perhaps it's safe to say that once you pass the decade mark, it's safe to talk openly.

mausmalone on
    266.jpg
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    emnmnme wrote: »
    And how has no one mentioned the ending to StarCraft?! You can't kill a planet-devouring crab in a more spectacular fashion.

Ah yes, Starcraft
    Blizzard does an excellent job constructing its characters and plots so I always feel a wrenching in my heart when a main character either nobly sacrifices his or herself or becomes the new emobodiment of evil. Tassadar's death was particularily brutal for me. He disobeyed his own superiors and was shunned by his people all to save his homeworld even going so far as to sacrifice himself to rid the zerg from aiur forever. It was also especially heart-wrenching when you learn in the next game that his sacrifice was pretty much in vain as the zerg overran aiur, spread to dark aiur (forgot the planet name), and acquired a new overmind in the form of Kerrigan.

Blizzard games have really depressing endings.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    mausmalone wrote: »
    Kor wrote: »

I don't think I was ever more impacted by a game, than when the baby metroid in Super Metroid dies.

Screw Final Fantasies, or whatever other JRPG you wanna throw out there. That little baby metroid deserves my tears.

On a side note, at what point does it become okay to openly talk about spoilers?

Perhaps it's safe to say that once you pass the decade mark, it's safe to talk openly.

Only when the thread title has SPOILERS in it.

Plus; I'm glad I never have any intention of playing Chrono Trigger, or I would be cutting myself by this point.

Lewisham on
  • Options
    UndefinedMonkeyUndefinedMonkey Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Silent Hill 1:
    When Lisa figures out that she's dead and starts bleeding and deteriorating into one of those mindless zombie nurses. Harry runs out of the room and locks the door behind him, and then just sits there listening to her bang on the door and sob. And you know she's going to be all horrible and monstery in a couple minutes, but in the meantime she just wants someone to be with her and tell her things are ok. I actually turned the game off after that... it was just so emotionally draining.

Also, MGS1:
    Most of the boss deaths (with the notable exception of the hated Liquid Snake) just left a bad taste in my mouth. Sniper Wolf's whole scene, where you literally have to dig out your side-arm and finish her off while she coughs and sputters, turned me off to the game for a long time. Which, I suppose, was the whole point, given the ending.

UndefinedMonkey on
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    At random, I'll say Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos.
    Robert. Left an impact, and goes out with a bang.

I'll definitely second Digital Devil Saga 2, but my vote goes to:
    Angel and Gale, mostly because the way Gale dies is just... intense. Cielo had an awesome send-off, too.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Silent Hill 1:
    When Lisa figures out that she's dead and starts bleeding and deteriorating into one of those mindless zombie nurses. Harry runs out of the room and locks the door behind him, and then just sits there listening to her bang on the door and sob. And you know she's going to be all horrible and monstery in a couple minutes, but in the meantime she just wants someone to be with her and tell her things are ok. I actually turned the game off after that... it was just so emotionally draining.

Also, MGS1:
    Most of the boss deaths (with the notable exception of the hated Liquid Snake) just left a bad taste in my mouth. Sniper Wolf's whole scene, where you literally have to dig out your side-arm and finish her off while she coughs and sputters, turned me off to the game for a long time. Which, I suppose, was the whole point, given the ending.

SH1:
    Agreed, but what's even worse is the notion that, even now, she could be wandering the town as a mindless creature. The only thing Harry messed up more than not giving her support was not giving her a merciful death.

MGS1:
    Not that it was heartless, but she sure took her sweet time to die. Cut the death cutscenes by half and I would've felt sorrier. Seems Kojima learned his lesson by MGS3 ("THE FEAAAAAAAAAAAR" (boom)

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Thief 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA7c6-u7kwA

Although I wish the voice acting was a bit better. But that might have been helped if the had the time and money to put in, you know a score.

august on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    At random, I'll say Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos.
    Robert. Left an impact, and goes out with a bang.

You know, to this day I've never seen the ending to Ninja Gaiden II, and I've heard conflicting reports on whether he died or survived. What's worse, there was an anime OVA that focuses on him post-game. So, I dunno.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Interesting... but the ending has nothing to do with him, at all.
    I always just assumed he was a dead man. You know, endless hordes of demons vs one pistol; demons > pistol.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Cave Story (for those who don't know what this is, it is a freeware RPG/shooter game that is very similar to Metroid or Kid Icarus):
    This game's story is just simply amazing. I'm only 3/4 through the game and I'm already disheartened by deaths that could've been prevented but I was unable to do so. such as:

WARNING, play the game before you read, major spoilers
    -Toroko: After being mistaken for Sue and kidnapped, she is fed a red flower and turns beserk. It's this part of the game that you learn a painful revelation, the effects of the red flowers are irreversible and only death can free the user from their tormented existence.
    -King: Even though he was a jerk, the poor guy just wanted to protect his sister. Doing so got him blasted away like he was nothing.
    -Curly: She comes back later, but nothing is more depressing than realizing that she sacrificed herself so that you can live on and defeat the evil doctor.
    -Prof. Booster: He had a small role and wasn't of great importance to the story but his death still stung. He was just thrown out with the trash, barely registering at all on the villains scopes. Why did they have to kill him? Because the villains are just evil enough to do so.

I'm sure there are others but I haven't finished playing it.

If you haven't played this awesome game, go to here and do so.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Interesting... but the ending has nothing to do with him, at all.
    I always just assumed he was a dead man. You know, endless hordes of demons vs one pistol; demons > pistol.

That's as far as I got to (the final boss, 2nd form. Then I just gave up. It was a borrowed game, anyway). As is generally accepted, no body=no death.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Zelda ALttP:
    The flute boy. "I wanna hear my flute one last time, Link... play it for me? ...oh... ...that's nice... *TREE'D* D:

I was 8 years old at the time, and it BROKE MY HEART. I cried all day and then woke up in the middle of the night to cry some more. You can imagine my joy when I finished the game and everything was undone.

FF6:
    Hmm, now that we've saved the world... there's no reason for me to be around anymore. Go away, doggy. *FALL*

And then he's not on the airship at the end, confirming that he's dead. Such a tragic character.

Legacy Of Kain series:
    Janos Audron in SR2, and then Raziel in Defiance. Even though their deaths were nothing but meaningless; it turns out that every event in that series had to happen the way it did in order to lead to the conclusion. Truly an exceptional series, so well-written.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I was amazed that in Skies of Arcadia
    Vyse's dad didn't die.
    Stuff like that is why I like that game so much.

august on