As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Look Out, Scooby! There are G-G-G-Ghosts in the Halloween Thread!

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    (I don't think you're a sexual predator, I was only noting the physical resemblance)

sig.gif
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    (I don't think you're a sexual predator, I was only noting the physical resemblance)

But there is, you know
    the implication

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    my very lazy costume today is just as a "boat owner" influenced heavily by messrs. reynolds and macdonald

all i want to do is quote that episode but that's just, I mean. that can't happen.

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

But there is, you know
    the implication

That might be my favorite scene ever on Sunny.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    kaceyp wrote: »
    If you really want something to add to a Ghostbusters playlist, there's always this fantastic jam (it really gets going about 30 seconds in). My favorite part:

Ghost ride, ghost ride
    Get out the way let Casper drive
    Ghost ride, go crazy
    Who's that drivin', Patrick Swayze

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLvlGVNInw4

It's impossible for me to enjoy this song because they borrowed that replica car from a member of the Ghostbusters fan community and then proceeded to jump all over it and break shit both on camera and off and then returned it and stuck him with the repair bill. They're assholes.

I have a huge playlist of Ghostbusters remixes and covers but their song doesn't get to be in it.

• Options
    InxInx Registered User regular
    I had considered teaching in Japan a few years back before I got my current job. Was it awesome?

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »

It's impossible for me to enjoy this song because they borrowed that replica car from a member of the Ghostbusters fan community and then proceeded to jump all over it and break shit both on camera and off and then returned it and stuck him with the repair bill. They're assholes.

I have a huge playlist of Ghostbusters remixes and covers but their song doesn't get to be in it.

You and your principles.

No I'm kidding that's pretty shitty.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    This is the first time I've worn a costume since I've been an adult. I have gotten nothing but compliments and my costume was pretty easy and last minute. This is neat.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Dressing in costume as an adult is the best.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Instead of hiding in the dark from trick-or-treaters I'm probably gonna go see a movie tonight

maybe do some spooky kissing

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    All of my office went as battlestar galactica characters although only two of us (myself not included) have seen it. The rest of us are just very pliable.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    BSG off-duty pilot costumes are real easy. Black camo over gray t-shirt, cargo pants, military boots. Only tricky part is the hexagonal dogtags, but they sell those. I got Starbuck's as a bonus when I bought one of the DVD sets.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I don't know what I'm doing tonight. My brother and his wife have us over and we help hand out candy since their neighborhood is PACKED with kids. However they are in the hospital with a baby right now. Also I don;t know what we are doing with my two-year old nephew. He has a Wookie costume.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Did you mean Ewok?

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    BSG off-duty pilot costumes are real easy. Black camo over gray t-shirt, cargo pants, military boots. Only tricky part is the hexagonal dogtags, but they sell those. I got Starbuck's as a bonus when I bought one of the DVD sets.

One of my coworkers made us dog tags!

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    Did you mean Ewok?

No he wanted to be a Wookie. Not Chewbacca either, just a generic Wookie. We asked him and he said, "No. Not Chewbacca, WOOKIE!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    Look at this smug hobbit:
    photo_zpsdc7af56c.jpg

Fooled you! It's not a hobbit, it's just me with wool superglued to my feet.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Inx wrote: »
    I had considered teaching in Japan a few years back before I got my current job. Was it awesome?

It was SUPER awesome!

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Hey so I'm hosting a halloween party tonight for my derby league and I need help with music

I was thinking of just streaming a halloween playlist?

Spotify just started working in Canada a month ago so that could work but I've never used it and I don't really wanna pay a monthly fee. Is it ok with the free version?

Anyone have links to any good halloween playlists?

I think this was mentioned previously.

Ghostbusters
    Ghostbusters
    Ghostbusters
    Ghostbusters
    Ghostbusters
    Ghostbusters
    I Want a New Drug
    Ghostbusters

What

This is goddamn unacceptable

You forgot Cleanin Up the Town

• Options
    AzraithAzraith DON'T Registered User regular
    Welp, it's time again. Halloween falls on the same weekend as Nebraskon here in Omaha, so I have this for tonight, and my Dr. Light setup for tomorrow. Gonna find some blueprints I can print out to carry around on a clipboard for tomorrow.

dDZ7W0k.jpg

kgefLUA.png
    Steam Live: Azraith PSN: AzraithDeMitri
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    AzraithAzraith DON'T Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Azraith wrote: »
    Gonna find some blueprints I can print out to carry around on a clipboard for tomorrow.

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2010/146/6/c/Megaman___Blueprint_by_just_a_CreEp.png

You are the best banana. Thankyou thankyou!

kgefLUA.png
    Steam Live: Azraith PSN: AzraithDeMitri
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    My wife had to work tonight, so I'm just playing games or watching dvds and giving out candy if anyone stops by (first Halloween at our new place, so we have no idea how many people to expect, but I'm hoping to have lots of leftover candy for us to eat).

Just finished the Buffy episode "Fear, Itself" which is one of my favorites (Season 4 Halloween Haunted House episode). I'm going to grab dinner and then possible watch some Tales from the Crypt or a Psych Halloween episode.

Did X-Files ever do a specifically Halloween episode? I was having trouble remembering one offhand.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I remember there being one where we were seeing the case from both skully and mulder's perspective. it was more funny and less scary though.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    skully probably isn't right but it feels right

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Nothing says Trick or Treat like snow

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    warning, incredibly spooky image
    10730875_10152897915928254_5434453959570781288_n.jpg?oh=02f4c96cafaa0b4301f885db2f8da5e1&oe=54A9FB37&__gda__=1420753250_b518e27cb7ec9f31ed1d0a11a154deaa

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    I remember there being one where we were seeing the case from both skully and mulder's perspective. it was more funny and less scary though.

The vampire one with Luke Wilson?

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »

That's Bad Blood, but it's a Rashamon episode not a Halloween episode.

It is one of the best episodes of the X-Files ever though

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    We actually had some trick-or-treater's at the house last night!

2 groups of kids, totaling 5 kids all up! And they were even in proper costumes!

Not to bad for a place that's Not America.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I intentionally didn't try to make a date for tonight (probably had about a 50/50 shot in actually getting it) because a friend knew about a couple of parties to go to.
    Said friend has been all quiet since yesterday. Really hope I don't end up sitting at home tonight.

:|

chromdom on
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    A couple girls were trick-or-treating in my neighbourhood as a ghost and Ghostbuster. It was pretty great.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I was driving home and I saw a dude walking on the sidewalk in polka dot print boxers with a cardboard lance and tin foil helmet.

It took me a second to register what was going on, and I wanted to turn around and give him a nod of approval.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    It's snowing here

what terrible weather for halloween.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    So I finally did that thing I was gonna do.

It's a bit slapdash, so I apologize in advance for the video quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvKnr7vTF60

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    it better not fuckin rain tonight.... he said, from draught-stricken california. but, dammit, tonight's gonna be crazy enough without guests slip-slidin' all over!

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    20141028_173304_zpsg1gvf8i4.jpg

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Look at those two players! It was so damn cold tonight but we got through it though they quit a few houses before we were technically done.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Tonight is a real bummer.

Don't even got anyone to watch movies with.

a car got hit by a train near my house according to the news.