Super Smash Bros. - Vote on Tournament Times!

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Are we sure it's for Stage DLC and not Custom stages that other people make?

There's no stage creator in the 3DS version and so far we've heard nothing about it being in the Wii U version.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Are we sure it's for Stage DLC and not Custom stages that other people make?

There's no stage creator in the 3DS version and so far we've heard nothing about it being in the Wii U version.

To be fair, we've heard almost nothing about the Wii U version outside of stages.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Hah, Resetti jinx!

The obsessive Smash sites that track everything people find haven't noted anything of Resetti being in the 3DS version. I'm still holding out hope for the Wii U version, though.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    So Sakurai posts a picture of the day showing a Rayman trophy.

Ubisoft's Facebook posts about the trophy as well, but it's in a different pose in their picture. They also say it's in the Wii U and 3DS versions.

3DS version comes out...no Rayman trophy. No trace of it in the dumped files either (Tharja's is also missing, having been previously seen in the ESRB leak).

Lars wrote: »

Ubisoft's Facebook posts about the trophy as well, but it's in a different pose in their picture. They also say it's in the Wii U and 3DS versions.

3DS version comes out...no Rayman trophy. No trace of it in the dumped files either (Tharja's is also missing, having been previously seen in the ESRB leak).

Could just be a matter of the Ubi flack making a mistake. It happens. Or maybe Sakurai put too much stuff in the game and things had to be trimmed at the relative last minute so the cart wouldn't cost $247 or such.

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Well, I mean...Tharja going into the ESRB and not coming back out has a simple enough explanation.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »

You only get the Rayman trophy after you unlock him as a character :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Well, I mean...Tharja going into the ESRB and not coming back out has a simple enough explanation.

Trophy dlc

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    I just mentioned Tharja for completion sake, since she's the only other (known) missing trophy.

Rayman was officially announced and requires cooperation with a third party but ended up not being in the game.

edited September 2014
    BlueBlue wrote: »

Trophy dlc

You know, that's possible... it makes sense for Nintendo to make the DLC before the Smash team scatters to other projects. I suspect that's what happened with the Mario Kart 8 DLC.

cloudeagle on
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if Rayman ends up being a third party dlc.

I mean Sakurai has pretty openly revealed a fighter while at the same time not actually saying it (Dark Pit).

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Or Rayman is a wiiu only trophy because his game was only on consoles
    Yeesh.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    Yeesh.

Actually Rayman games have been on all kinds of portables. Hell, you can get Origins on the 3DS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rayman

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Yeesh.

61jq9t7XbsL._SX385_.jpg

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    So... i think i've found the best way to play smash 3ds...

http://i.imgur.com/HatPSTj.jpg

2ds + this thing

seriously feels fantastic. and the screen being smaller than the XL is pretty much a non issue for me... '

now i can only change the controls to be more like the N64 layout.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I was referring to Legends specifically since Nintendo published it in japan.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

How does that make sense. "Well his most recent game was only on consoles... but he's been on this specific handheld TWICE already."

• Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular

How does that make sense. "Well his most recent game was only on consoles... but he's been on this specific handheld TWICE already."

Legends was published by Nintendo and exclusive to Wii U in Japan (at the time deals were made it may have been Wii U exclusive everywhere)

Origins was not published by Nintendo and was on everything that could hope to run it

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    I was going to say, "Maybe the trophy is Japan only?". But then I realized the only version of the game we've seen is the Japanese one.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Today: Doodling!

zlCfzSeXgWUhGA07O5
    Pic of the day. PAC-MAN makes an appearance on the PictoChat 2 stage. We've included this as an element from Pac-Pix, which was released in 2005. It was quite revolutionary.

zlCfzSeXgcw9VUO3WQ
    There are a lot of new elements in the PictoChat 2 stage. In this screenshot, it looks like there is depth to the stage…or like there isn't. The illusory nature of the drawing is meant to challenge your perspective.

edzepp on
  • QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    Are we going to do a friend code share like we did for animal crossing? Remember adding tonnes of people when that game came out.

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular

And Rayman isn't even wearing skin on his limbs.

• edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    Quical wrote: »
    Are we going to do a friend code share like we did for animal crossing? Remember adding tonnes of people when that game came out.

We could definitely do that, though it personally wouldn't help me much since my friend list has been full for ages.

edzepp wrote: »
    Today: Doodling!

zlCfzSeXgWUhGA07O5
    Pic of the day. PAC-MAN makes an appearance on the PictoChat 2 stage. We've included this as an element from Pac-Pix, which was released in 2005. It was quite revolutionary.

zlCfzSeXgcw9VUO3WQ
    There are a lot of new elements in the PictoChat 2 stage. In this screenshot, it looks like there is depth to the stage…or like there isn't. The illusory nature of the drawing is meant to challenge your perspective.

Man, these updates would be a lot more interesting if I didn't know all of this shit already :P haha... wish he'd show off more Wii U stuff.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Welcome to the last days of the last Smash Brothers Dojo.

He/Him | "We who believe in freedom cannot rest." - Dr. Johnetta Cole, 7/22/2024
    Athenor wrote: »
    Welcome to the last days of the last Smash Brothers Dojo.

Yeah but there are still things he could show that are new in this case, since the Wii U version isn't out yet. He just... isn't :P I guess he has to spread that stuff out and still avoid spoilers :P

Although, I actually hope he made videos for Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Dog. He might be saving them until after launch (since he has promised no spoilers until it's out everywhere). Speaking of which, didn't he say these videos would be available to view from a menu in-game? Is that Wii U only maybe? I haven't heard of them being in the 3DS version at all.

Yeah, the 3DS version doesn't have any videos, likely to save space.

edited September 2014
    Didn't Sakurai say he'd stop using pics of the day to deliver information?

The guy just can't help himself.

cloudeagle on
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I love the idea of the Pictochat stage but I don't recall it being any fun to actually play on

Kinda the same thing with the Game & Watch stages

6F32U1X.png
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I actually liked Brawl's Pictochat a lot. It had a cool, varied layout without any especially ridiculous hazards. The new one looks awful, though.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    I actually liked Brawl's Pictochat a lot. It had a cool, varied layout without any especially ridiculous hazards. The new one looks awful, though.

I did too. Was kind of surprised they not only brought it back but updated it. I mean, it's a DS application that almost no one used because it required local multiplayer (at which point, turn around and just talk to the person :P). Kind of surprised they didn't re-interpret it as SwapNote.

• McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    I loved pictochat. Drew so many boobs.

• RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

I did too. Was kind of surprised they not only brought it back but updated it. I mean, it's a DS application that almost no one used because it required local multiplayer (at which point, turn around and just talk to the person :P). Kind of surprised they didn't re-interpret it as SwapNote.

I'm still mourning Swapnote. I wish they had better measures than giving it the shaft.

• Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    We could definitely do that, though it personally wouldn't help me much since my friend list has been full for ages.

I'm sure there'll be just so much overlap.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
    RockinX wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »

I'm still mourning Swapnote. I wish they had better measures than giving it the shaft.

:'(

I'm in the same boat. I started to get really into drawing stuff and then bugging my friends to check their 3DS.

A little over a week leeefffffffft.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Man. Only ten days left, guys. Ten days. I'm getting jittery here.

I had hoped that the Dark Souls DLC would help tide me over but it was delayed and the anticipation pains are hitting full force right now.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Well, Hyrule Warriors is out in two.

Mayhaps that will ease the pain?

Grab Gaunlet on PC. I know that is what I am playing until then. That and Spider-Man Unlimited on iOS because Spider-Man.

I hope I find the street pass stuff worth my time while I'm in Orlando the week after release. I'm gonna get so many street passes.

bYf6vNQ.png
This discussion has been closed.