As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Doom comes to [chat]

• Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

at least he was forced to resign. people like this have no business being in charge of anything. they literally think you are either lazy or addicted or both if you need public assistance. they literally think there is no one who just falls on a hard time.

because *they* have never fallen on a hard time.

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

good to know there is at least something an American politician can say to get fired

but god did he have to push the crazy boat out into the middle of the crazy lake

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    that guy wasn't in an elected position. He was a former senator. His resignation from the party means little.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

/shrug

Not really a surprise. That's been a dog whistle on conservative talk radio when it came to "wellfare brood mares" for a long time. Hell, I'm pretty sure I've actually heard someone say that out loud before on one of those radio shows.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i was talking with an anesthesiologist resident at a friend's engagement party

special k sounds amusing

poo
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    THIS IS THE HANDSOMEST [chat] THREAD IN HISTORY

capital job, @simonwolf

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    ChelleYeah wrote: »

It's not necessarily because of this

it's because the idea of such a thing fundamentally counters their worldview that working hard means getting ahead

people go to extreme and cruel lengths to ignore that fact that the world can be unfair and unjust

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014

at least he was forced to resign. people like this have no business being in charge of anything. they literally think you are either lazy or addicted or both if you need public assistance. they literally think there is no one who just falls on a hard time.

""The notion that government would force sterilization upon anyone is counter to everything I believe about individual liberty and contrary to the founding principles of a free nation," said GOP attorney general candidate Mark Brnovich's in a statement on Sunday. "Comments that demean the plight of the poor, including women in the dual role of mother and economic provider, are not conservative; they're cruel. And I reject them.""

well spoken actually.

ChelleYeah on

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    THIS IS THE HANDSOMEST [chat] THREAD IN HISTORY

capital job, simonwolf

b-baka...

i-it's not like I like you or anything...

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Apple Passbook's QR scanner is miles better than any free app on the Apple Store.
    It's a shame they won't allow you to use for general QR code usage (It will refuse to open anything that isn't a shortcut to a Passport app)

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Eddy wrote: »

it's because the idea of such a thing fundamentally counters their worldview that working hard means getting ahead

people go to extreme and cruel lengths to ignore that fact that the world can be unfair and unjust

The most amusing part is that the suggestions he's making to Medicaid will actually make the program more expensive. No big government (unless it disproportionately affect minorities and poor people)!

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

There is an amazing amount of overlap between people who claim to support family values and people who think that having children should only be for certain people.

This was my takeaway.

Make abortion illegal, but sterilize the poors.

And this guy has been a leader in AZ politics for decades.

smmfh

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited September 2014

Party of individual freedom and small government!

Quid on
  • Options

Or worse, like Adam Corrolla and Craig T. Nelson, have used assistance programs and want to shut them down anyway.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    The "fast return" switch label on the TARDIS console appears to be written in felt-tip pen.

It's a special joy to read about the low-budget world of TV leaking into the finished product by mistake.

@Bogart there's a bit during that awesome scene in the 50th Anniversary where the 3 Doctors are explaining the plan to the War Council, one shot with Smith where you can see his script lying on the console. Think it's the "you would have hope!" bit.

And once you've seen it, ya can't help but stare at it every time. :p

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    i was talking with an anesthesiologist resident at a friend's engagement party

special k sounds amusing

Having given it to many patients over the years, I can tell you that nothing about it looks fun.

But hey, neither does heroin, and that's popular, right?

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Casual wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    jtiF1h3.jpg

what i dont get is

the guy on the left is wearing the silly platform shoes and is still tiny

the guy on the right is clearly just a tall guy wearing normal shoes

counter productive advertising?

No, they are saying the guy on the right is the same person as the guy on the left.

They just darkened his hair, spiked it, changed his posture, tailored the suit better and had him put his chin up, on top of those silly shoes.

It reminds me of the episode where Bart tried to become taller for the radioactive man movie.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options

There is an amazing amount of overlap between people who claim to support family values and people who think that having children should only be for certain people.

This was my takeaway.

smmfh

the funny thing is that after that he even tried to deny that he was actually the one saying it! "it was a quote that he failed to attribute to the author" total bullshit. if you want to take a seat on the crazy wagon might as well own it son!

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    BxnlYhdIAAAK8iI.jpg

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Complaining about women on welfare having children has been a pretty standard far right talking point for a long time. There is the opposing far right talking point about how we are doomed because the population isn't breeding fast enough and will be taken over by immigrants, but that can be squared if you assume they are assuming that the women on welfare are the wrong kind of native citizen.

Couscous on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    guys

Outlander is the best cross-time romantic/sexual tension show

I am all young adult & liberally smutty about this show

HAVE SEX YOU GUYS

omg :<!

Raz wants to see that show.
    I can tell I am in for a time

she wants to see it because I inception'd the idea in her head

I'm staying over in the city tomorrow...mayhaps I can bring it to her :3

if this results in 22 hours of terrible tv, im blame u

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »

/shrug

Not really a surprise. That's been a dog whistle on conservative talk radio when it came to "wellfare brood mares" for a long time. Hell, I'm pretty sure I've actually heard someone say that out loud before on one of those radio shows.

Welfare Brood Mares?
    Y nt Welfare Brood Queens?

• Options
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »

The most amusing part is that the suggestions he's making to Medicaid will actually make the program more expensive. No big government (unless it disproportionately affect minorities and poor people)!

Right?

Let's spend $20,000+ for every woman on Medicaid to have a needless surgery to "help keep costs down."

Or hey, you could support free birth control. What's that? No? Immoral? How 'bout that.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    guys

HAVE SEX YOU GUYS

There have only been like 5 episodes.

So at worst it's like 5 hours.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    everyone should have a giant corgi to hug

i am available in that capacity or in my capacity as an attractive Scot for hugs on demand

Cinders‌

Corgis are nice but an attractive Scot sounds fun too.

• Options
    Complaining about women on welfare having children has been a pretty standard far right talking point for a long time. There is the opposing far right talking point about how we are doomed because the population isn't breeding fast enough and will be taken over by immigrants, but that can be squared if you assume they are assuming that the women on welfare are the wrong kind of native citizen.

Are you insinuating the conservative groups in this country are little more than fronts for organized racism and militant zealotry?

Well, I never!

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Heartfelt Tales of Twitch Chat
    My dad smoked his whole life. One day my mom told him "If u want to see ur children graduate, u have to stop" 3 years later he died of lung cancer. My mom told me "Dont smoke; dont put your family through this" At 24, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a sense of regret, because watching Amaz play Hearthstone gave me cancer anyway.

crievritiem

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    finished ep 3 of true detective

dis just keeps getting better omg

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer in the rear-view mirror. Final season of Angel just now dusted. Both series definitely had their ups and downs, but I think I would gladly keep watching these shows forever if they had just kept going. Even the weakest seasons of each show felt like they had redeeming moments to make up for those shortcomings, and I particularly appreciated the willingness of both shows to really shake up their respective status quo and move in unexpected directions.

Good stuff, glad I finally got around to it. That unlocks my Television Whedonverse Completionist achievement, too.

• Options

This was my takeaway.

smmfh

the funny thing is that after that he even tried to deny that he was actually the one saying it! "it was a quote that he failed to attribute to the author" total bullshit. if you want to take a seat on the crazy wagon might as well own it son!

I'm also not sure why this changes anything. It doesn't matter who said it, you included in your vision to how medicaid would be ran if you had a say in it.

• Options
    Delmain wrote: »
    guys

HAVE SEX YOU GUYS

*removes gun from mouth*

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    paypal.jpg

Oh, you're my friend, Paypal? My trusted compatriot? One for the people?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    uhhh

well i just found out my company is merging with another from google news before they told us anything...

i feel like mergers like that are hmm uhh wtf

what a fucking shit show

they should tell us these things

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    grumpy old party

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    finished ep 3 of true detective

dis just keeps getting better omg

I wish I could show that show to my wife. She'd love the crime and dark supernatural undertones. Cause she freakin' loves stuff like that. Has gone through all 9 seasons of Criminal Minds on Netflix in the past week. But unfortunately, the role of women in True Detective would probably stop her dead from being able to enjoy any of it.

• Options
    Delmain wrote: »
    guys

HAVE SEX YOU GUYS

*removes gun from mouth*

it's only 5 hours right now

this show is going to get 5 seasons because chicks eat this shit up

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    once paypal started demanding that i give them my bank account info i stopped using them

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer in the rear-view mirror. Final season of Angel just now dusted. Both series definitely had their ups and downs, but I think I would gladly keep watching these shows forever if they had just kept going. Even the weakest seasons of each show felt like they had redeeming moments to make up for those shortcomings, and I particularly appreciated the willingness of both shows to really shake up their respective status quo and move in unexpected directions.

Good stuff, glad I finally got around to it. That unlocks my Television Whedonverse Completionist achievement, too.

Except for Connor.

Everything related to him was truly awful.

Beyond that though I love those shows.

This discussion has been closed.