Options

STEAM, a backlog story.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Steam Thread:

How does pre-ordering on steam work

I am considering doing it for Shadow of Mordor

It's still 25% off with a voucher on GMG: http://www.greenmangaming.com/25-selected-titles/

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Steam Thread:

It's still 25% off with a voucher on GMG: http://www.greenmangaming.com/25-selected-titles/

If you order off of GMG, you'll get a steam key on release day.

If you order off of Steam directly, it'll be in your library; you just won't be able to install or play it until it unlocks.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Requiem is brutal you guys. It has taught me 3 things so far

1. Running away is a perfectly valid strategy
    2. Do you really think you should try and fight that? Maybe you should just run away.
    3. Oh god is that a troll?? RUN AWAY

At this point, I can shrug off the melee and ranged attacks of pretty much any humans I come across (I'm in heavy armour with a shield), but magic will fuck me up bad. I kept getting my ass beat by a hagraven at Orphan Rock until I got lucky and bullrushed her before she could hit me. Something I've noticed is that Unrelenting Force doesn't seem to do anything to mages even when they don't seem to have ward up, which is incredibly annoying. Maybe I should rush to the third word.

As for trolls, I haven't come across any frost trolls yet, but I can usually outdamage the regen with the help of a follower. Same thing applies to spriggans, but not spriggan matrons. Matrons heal so quickly, I had to flee after getting the Eldergleam cutting for Whiterun.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Steam Thread:

If you order off of GMG, you'll get a steam key on release day.

If you order off of Steam directly, it'll be in your library; you just won't be able to install or play it until it unlocks.

Sometimes if you're lucky, they'll email you the key for preloading. But most of the time you're stuck until release day, yeah. I just think of it as part of the cost of getting the game for 25% off.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Requiem is brutal you guys. It has taught me 3 things so far

1. Running away is a perfectly valid strategy
    2. Do you really think you should try and fight that? Maybe you should just run away.
    3. Oh god is that a troll?? RUN AWAY

At this point, I can shrug off the melee and ranged attacks of pretty much any humans I come across (I'm in heavy armour with a shield), but magic will fuck me up bad. I kept getting my ass beat by a hagraven at Orphan Rock until I got lucky and bullrushed her before she could hit me. Something I've noticed is that Unrelenting Force doesn't seem to do anything to mages even when they don't seem to have ward up, which is incredibly annoying. Maybe I should rush to the third word.

As for trolls, I haven't come across any frost trolls yet, but I can usually outdamage the regen with the help of a follower. Same thing applies to spriggans, but not spriggan matrons. Matrons heal so quickly, I had to flee after getting the Eldergleam cutting for Whiterun.

I've only just turned level 2 and don't even have any armour yet so about the only things I can reliably take on are goats.

Just got to Markarth though so think I'm gonna buy me a dog and maybe that will help. 5000 for a proper follower is way out of my budget atm.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Sale on Warner Brothers games is kicking off today and lasting through the weekend. Big titles on sale include the Batman Arkham series, Scribblenauts, Lego games and the F.E.A.R. trilogy.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I can't stop playing Marvel Heroes. I have other games to play, dammit!

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    The best Final Fantasy ever is coming to Steam.

Maybe someday, but for now here's Final Fantasy XIII:
    FINAL FANTASY XIII SERIES
    ANNOUNCED FOR WINDOWS PC

LONDON (18th September, 2014) – Square Enix Ltd., publishers of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in Europe and PAL territories, today announces the FINAL FANTASY® XIII trilogy of games is headed to Windows PC, with the first in the series, FINAL FANTASY XIII, due for release on 9th October 2014.

The game will be available to download via the Square Enix online store and the Steam PC digital service (amongst others), priced at £10.99/€12.99. The game is available to pre-order now via the Square Enix Store and Steam, with those pre-ordering receiving 10% off. It is also confirmed that the FINAL FANTASY XIII trilogy will offer a set of Steam Trading Cards for players to collect and exchange.

On its original console release in 2010, FINAL FANTASY XIII marked the dawning of a new era for the celebrated series, bringing the game to multiple hi-definition consoles simultaneously for the first time in its history. The original game and subsequent adventures in the FINAL FANTASY XIII trilogy will soon be available for PC gamers to play for the very first time, with all games in the series due for release by Spring 2015.

FINAL FANTASY XIII expands on the rich traditions of the series, with producer Yoshinori Kitase, director Motomu Toriyama, character designer Tetsuya Nomura and art director Isamu Kamikokuryo combining their creativity to deliver a beautifully epic FINAL FANTASY universe. Additionally, Masashi Hamauzu presents a sweeping soundtrack while movie director Takeshi Nozue and his team of artists adorn the game with seamless cinematic sequences.

The FINAL FANTASY XIII trilogy began in March 2010 with the release of the original FINAL FANTASY XIII and continued with its sequel, FINAL FANTASY XIII-2, released in February 2012. The most recent release in the FINAL FANTASY XIII series, LIGHTNING RETURNS™: FINAL FANTASY XIII, launched on 14th February 2014 to critical acclaim. The series has been widely successful, shipping over 11 million units worldwide.

• Options

Maybe someday, but for now here's Final Fantasy XIII:

Oh, so no FFIX yet. Maybe if they ever port it to mobile.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Was hoping for IX also, actually. Though I enjoyed XIII.

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    wow no matter how much I mod new vegas I just can't turn it into a game I want to play

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    So what do y'all think about Gods Will Be Watching

I've played it a few times now. I'm pretty sure there's a good game in there, I'm just not sure that I can be fucked to find it.

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Waiting til it goes on sale for a couple of quid, I didn't have much success with the original online version. I mean, I never had to kill the dog, there's at least that.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    it seems kind of ridiculously hard? I have watched a few people play it and no one seems to be able to get past the first part.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular

Final Fantasy VIII has been on steam for a while already.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    wow no matter how much I mod new vegas I just can't turn it into a game I want to play

Wait what,

Crazy Lady

there is only one way to play New Vegas

Get the underground hideout mod and live in total service of THE WALL

BLESSED ARE HER MANY HOOKS AND THE BOUNTIES YOU PRESS UPON THEM.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    mod cheat the best revolver, only use that or a knife

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Chance's knife, to be more specific.

• Options
    Chance's knife, to be more specific.

Chances knife will devour people.

But its a pain in the ass to keep in repair until you get Jury Rigging perk.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    So what do y'all think about Gods Will Be Watching

I've played it a few times now. I'm pretty sure there's a good game in there, I'm just not sure that I can be fucked to find it.

They added an 'easy' mode for people to see the story. That would be the way I play. Default just seems brutally hard, which, when you add it to the grim subject matter, sounds like a chore to play.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Anyone here wanted to try the Just Cause games? Cause the bundle for both and the DLC for the second game's available right now for $3.79.

• Options
    New weekly Humble Bundle

Deadly Premonition worth $6?

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Deadly Premonition is the only one of those that I want, so it's probably cheaper somewhere else

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I can't make it past the first section in Gods Will Be Watching, and if I do, I have no idea how the hell I'm gonna make it past the second.

Maybe I should play it on Easy.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Gods Will Be Watching is interesting. I enjoy that so long as you don't hit a fail screen to just keeps rolling. and at a certain point there is no failure screen anymore.

However it takes too long to get from the fail screen to playing again, and that's annoying when the game is trying to do the dark souls learn by failure model.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Artreus wrote: »
    I can't make it past the first section in Gods Will Be Watching, and if I do, I have no idea how the hell I'm gonna make it past the second.

Maybe I should play it on Easy.

Kill a couple hostages to make it easier to juggle things.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    New weekly Humble Bundle

Deadly Premonition worth $6?

I really like Deadly Premonition a lot and I think six bucks is a reasonable price for it if you're going to play it

because it is definitely a weird, ugly baby and it is not for everyone

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Skyrim Requiem tip btw. Poisons. All the poisons.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I'm liking so far how Shovel Knight has clear gameplay references to older 8-bit games but without painfully winking and nodding about it to your face.

"Hey, hey, hey, do you get the reference I'm going for? Do ya!? I can spell it out if you want......it's Mega Man! Isn't that just clever!!!?"

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I don't think I'm gonna get that there Requiem. I wanna be strong guy. Probably gonna lose some time hunting down and installing some mods at some point though.

Hope I actually play it this time. I have 80 hours in Skyrim. 60 of those came from the first week I owned it. Mostly just installed it again to see how it would look on my fancy new computer thing

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Meanwhile, I have 744 hours in Skyrim and I'm pretty sure I could walk blindfolded through Bleak Falls Barrow.

Requiem is a nice change of pace.

• Options
    Buttcleft wrote: »

Wait what,

Crazy Lady

I want a bethesda game with a total replacement HR Giger world mod.

• Options

Wait what,

Crazy Lady

256px-Dark_Seed_Cover.jpg

• Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular

Wait what,

Crazy Lady

that would be fantastic

someone get the person who made the tropical Skyrim mod

f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Has anyone here actually played Our Darker Purpose? I looked at it a while ago and thought it seemed pretty interesting, and very much like the Binding of Isaac in gameplay, but I haven't really heard anybody mention it, and wonder if it tried to emulate Isaac and fell flat or something.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

Wait what,

Crazy Lady

But that game is poopy garbage!

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »

Wait what,

Crazy Lady

But that game is poopy garbage!

SHUT UP AND MAKE ME GIGERIM

SKYGER

EITHE ONE.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    http://steamdb.info/calculator/?player=76561197975652620&currency=uk
    Games owned 284
    Games not played 141 (50%)
    Games not in store 5
    Hours on record 579.9h (2.1h last two weeks)

Oh geez. I never realised I'd let it pile up this much. Backlogged to the mooooooon. D:

• Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    I've never streamed on Twitch before, but I figured I'd give it a go tonight. Gonna maybe stay up and stream Wasteland 2 when the real release drops in about three hours.

In the meantime, I'm gonna play some Civ 5: Brave New World. Anyone interested in checking out my stream to see if it's working?

is the link if you wanna jump in! I'm gonna wait a few minutes and see if anyone hops in before I set up the Civ 5 game.

This discussion has been closed.