Options

STEAM, a backlog story.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    FFVI is the only one I really played and liked, and I have no patience for JRPG grindfests - did FFXIII change that? I think XII was the one that was wildly different, right?

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2014
    Well compared to Final Fantasy 1, 13 is not grindy. But then neither is FF4+ compared to FF1. It's all pretty relative and subjective.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Of course food stops growing in winter. Of course shaving make you feel more civilized. Don't Starve is pretty great, you guys.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    Well compared to Final Fantasy 1, 13 is not grindy. But then neither is FF4+ compared to FF1. It's all pretty relative and subjective.
    Hm. Random battles, y/n?

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Hm. Random battles, y/n?

No random battles, you're generally on a narrow pathway where you can see the enemy encounters, but there isn't really enough room to avoid them anyway.

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Here's the deal. FF13 is a great game. However if you go into it expecting your traditional Final Fantasy, you will be sorely disappointed. Once I stopped trying to play the game I thought it should be, and played the game it was, I enjoyed it a lot more.

• Options
    Syphyre wrote: »
    Here's the deal. FF13 is a great game. However if you go into it expecting your traditional Final Fantasy, you will be sorely disappointed. Once I stopped trying to play the game I thought it should be, and played the game it was, I enjoyed it a lot more.
    See, that sounds interesting to me! I might give it a try

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Once you get a full party and the progression system opens up the combat of FF13 is a lot of fun.

Getting to that point does take a while though, and it's understandable if someone gives up before then or doesn't want to attempt it at all.

Aistan on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Is the steam network down for anyone else? It's not letting me log in.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Is the steam network down for anyone else? It's not letting me log in.

Same thing for me.. logged out of Marvel Heroes and Steam was completely disconnected and won't log back on.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    according to expert site issteamdown.com pretty much all of steam is down.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Requiem is brutal you guys. It has taught me 3 things so far

1. Running away is a perfectly valid strategy
    2. Do you really think you should try and fight that? Maybe you should just run away.
    3. Oh god is that a troll?? RUN AWAY

This is how I used to play Chess

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Seems to be back up, for the moment.

• Options
    Civilization V complete edition 75% off at Greenman atm

• Options
    Apparently Steams issues atm might be to an actual Ddos thing by DOSyouUP, and they are doing it because ISIS, and that's when nothing made sense and I stopped looking up info

• Options
    what

• Options
    also while steam is up, but I can't connect to the Dark Souls 2 network, so I guess I'll just load up Bioshock or something for now.

• Options
    I can't even get steam to open still :( How will I buy games and not play them! ( already own all this week's bundles)

• Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    Okay, time to give Wasteland 2 a shot! Gonna fire up the stream now!

Jump in the chat and let me name a character after you!

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Heh, playing Steamworld dig. and found this in a side tunnel

1024x576.resizedimage

WiseManTobes on
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    Early impressions of Wasteland 2 are promising. Looking forward to playing a lot more tomorrow night!

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Guy sent hired thugs after me just outside Markarth. By the time they were dead so were a city guard, a miner and her dog, and the guy who owns the stables. Such death and carnage. And for what? I check the contract. It calls me a thief and is from a guy called Hreinn. I don't even know who that is, and I'm not playing a thief. I check my inventory and the solitary stolen item within is a chicken egg. I must have accidentally picked it up some time. And now because of that there was a slaughter.

A minute later a courier brings me gold I inherited from the stables guy because apparently running an errand for him one time made me his best friend. Who got him killed. By picking up an egg.

Skyrim.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Guy sent hired thugs after me just outside Markarth. By the time they were dead so were a city guard, a miner and her dog, and the guy who owns the stables. Such death and carnage. And for what? I check the contract. It calls me a thief and is from a guy called Hreinn. I don't even know who that is, and I'm not playing a thief. I check my inventory and the solitary stolen item within is a chicken egg. I must have accidentally picked it up some time. And now because of that there was a slaughter.

A minute later a courier brings me gold I inherited from the stables guy because apparently running an errand for him one time made me his best friend. Who got him killed. By picking up an egg.

Skyrim.

Hreinn

I R n hen

It's code.

• Options
    l2AHUiK.png

I don't even

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    ... Is actually Geth, preparing you for when the only posts allowed are terrible anime comics.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options

Skyrim.

That weird moment when you think you're in the job thread and wondering wtf does Brovid do!

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    There is nobody called Brovid here

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Yeah, we do know a Bristol though.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    It's still Brovid for me! ( guessing it's changed for others ?)

• Options
    *shakes fist* Damn you @Hermano! Damn yoooou!

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »

Please make a manba for us, Goatman-san

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    god i'm gonna end up buying ff13 i just know it

i never even beat

i got to the part where the game actually opens up and that's where i stopped

but i can't resist the siren song of that goofy ass game

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    tumblr_inline_mraavfMzJo1qz4rgp.jpg

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    What's the Dentist doing there?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    Checking that everyone is practicing good dental hygiene obviously.

He might also have a bank for you to rob.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Shabooty wrote: »
    god i'm gonna end up buying ff13 i just know it

i never even beat

i got to the part where the game actually opens up and that's where i stopped

but i can't resist the siren song of that goofy ass game

Just wait for the inevitable sale, Shabooty. You can do it.

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    I keep making skyrim unplayable. It hangs on new game and crashes to desktop when I continue. verifying the game cache doesn't help to restore it. This is the third time completely reinstalling skyrim.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I caved and bought the new borderlands. I am weak

• Options
    I keep making skyrim unplayable. It hangs on new game and crashes to desktop when I continue. verifying the game cache doesn't help to restore it. This is the third time completely reinstalling skyrim.

What mods have you installed? And what programs do you use to manage your mods?

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular

What mods have you installed? And what programs do you use to manage your mods?

I'm using the Nexus mod manager.

Right now I'm down to the script extender and skyui and it doesn't seem to want to start again.

This discussion has been closed.