Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[GUST] Games. Shallie Plus out now, Firis coming 3/7, Blue Reflection pending

17810121318

Posts

  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    It definitely looks blurrier than the PS4 version, I can tell for that right off the bat, though it doesn't look terrible. I think going forward I'm going to have to start getting the PS4 versions of Gust's games though - it's just plain going to be the better version.

    PSN: Donnicton - Switch FC: SW-6944-1374-2020 - Wii/3DS FC: 1633-4230-5354 - Steam: Donnicton - BNet: Donnicton#11763
  • TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's noticably blurrier but I wonder if it's jsut because you've got a lower res being blown up to 1080p. That reminds me, is there a YouTube app on the Vita? Could always use that to check what it'll look like on the Vita's screen.

    Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
    Lovely
  • QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    That map is VERY Meruru-esque. Any talk on if land development is coming back, because that's one of the parts of Meruru I really miss.

    Granted, that also tends to make the world map smaller, but that's not exactly a bad thing. That's how Meruru took care of the issue with beginning areas being useless later in the game.
    Takel wrote: »
    Yeah, it's noticably blurrier but I wonder if it's jsut because you've got a lower res being blown up to 1080p. That reminds me, is there a YouTube app on the Vita? Could always use that to check what it'll look like on the Vita's screen.

    There WAS, and then it was never updated when Youtube changed its code. So now it's essentially useless.

    Quiotu on
    wbee62u815wj.png
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    It's actually missing details in the Vita version, like the shelf and notes on the wall in that first comparison shot. It looks like it will be a PS4 game for me too.

  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Holy cow the first Ar Tonelico game is expensive.

  • QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    Holy cow the first Ar Tonelico game is expensive.

    That must've changed, I remember getting the first two for about $19 a while ago. But that's the problem with rarity, it just keeps getting worse. Part of me really hopes that someday NISA will let Gust make them available somewhere else.

    On the other hand, the rarity also means that pirating a ROM isn't that out of the question. It's one of the rare times where I would recommend it, if what you're after is simply too unavailable to get by conventional means.

    wbee62u815wj.png
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I have some irl friends that are big into JRPGs, I'll see if they have a copy lying around that I can borrow.

  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    It looks like they do indeed have it. They have the second one too.

    Anything I should know before I jump into the game? Is it ok to go in without using a guide or anything?

  • InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
    Not really. Both games are fairly straight forward. There is one bug in the second game that causes a boss fight to lock up if the boss uses a specific skill, but you shouldn't run into that if you play it normally(it tends to manifest more if you keep going back to defeat the boss, as the fight is repeatable, with the boss becoming harder each time).

  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    It looks like they do indeed have it. They have the second one too.

    Anything I should know before I jump into the game? Is it ok to go in without using a guide or anything?

    Both games have a third romance option that shows up much later in the game, so you don't have to get too attached if you don't particularly like the first two you're stuck with.

    i.e. Ar Tonelico 2 - third girl best girl.

    PSN: Donnicton - Switch FC: SW-6944-1374-2020 - Wii/3DS FC: 1633-4230-5354 - Steam: Donnicton - BNet: Donnicton#11763
    QuiotuKamar
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    For the first game, I assume:
    Lady Aurellia, the girl with the church that saves you from the airship, and Misha?

  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    For the first game, I assume:
    Lady Aurellia, the girl with the church that saves you from the airship, and Misha?

    Those are the first two, yes. You've already also seen the third one by this point in the game, so you can probably guess who as well.

    PSN: Donnicton - Switch FC: SW-6944-1374-2020 - Wii/3DS FC: 1633-4230-5354 - Steam: Donnicton - BNet: Donnicton#11763
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    LD50 wrote: »
    For the first game, I assume:
    Lady Aurellia, the girl with the church that saves you from the airship, and Misha?

    Those are the first two, yes. You've already also seen the third one by this point in the game, so you can probably guess who as well.

    So one of my guesses is wrong?

  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Oh, you listed three there.
    You're kind of conflating two different names for the first one, I assume you mean Aurica? She's one of them, and Misha's the other. Shurelia is the third one.

    PSN: Donnicton - Switch FC: SW-6944-1374-2020 - Wii/3DS FC: 1633-4230-5354 - Steam: Donnicton - BNet: Donnicton#11763
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Oh, you listed three there.
    You're kind of conflating two different names for the first one, I assume you mean Aurica? She's one of them, and Misha's the other. Shurelia is the third one.

    Yeah, that's what I meant. I just couldn't remember her name. I figured the third one was the third one since:
    She's the other character who has song magic that you fought along side with, albeit for only a bit.

    So I will have to chose between them? Man, that's tough. Does this game have a NG+?

  • TakelTakel Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Oh, you listed three there.
    You're kind of conflating two different names for the first one, I assume you mean Aurica? She's one of them, and Misha's the other. Shurelia is the third one.

    Yeah, that's what I meant. I just couldn't remember her name. I figured the third one was the third one since:
    She's the other character who has song magic that you fought along side with, albeit for only a bit.

    So I will have to chose between them? Man, that's tough. Does this game have a NG+?
    And whoever you didn't choose at the end will be crying themselves to sleep for the rest of their lives.
    No pressure

    Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
    Donnicton
  • QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    LD50 wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Oh, you listed three there.
    You're kind of conflating two different names for the first one, I assume you mean Aurica? She's one of them, and Misha's the other. Shurelia is the third one.

    Yeah, that's what I meant. I just couldn't remember her name. I figured the third one was the third one since:
    She's the other character who has song magic that you fought along side with, albeit for only a bit.

    So I will have to chose between them? Man, that's tough. Does this game have a NG+?

    Not really a + version, just being able to replay and choose the different sides. Basically in the first one, it's pretty unique because your choice happens QUITE early, and you end up in entirely different dungeons for it, and hear entirely different Hymnos songs. None of the other games split the story like AT1 does, which makes it in one way nice, and in another way really tough to see everything.

    Basically for AT1, the cosmosphere doesn't actually make a difference with your chosen girl. Once you make the choice in Phase 2, it blocks off the other ending. To choose Shurelia you HAVE to complete her cosmosphere and then choose her at the end.

    The game is also quite easy, so enjoy the story, not much grinding necessary except in the cosmospheres, if you want all the songs.

    Quiotu on
    wbee62u815wj.png
  • QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    LD50 wrote: »
    It looks like they do indeed have it. They have the second one too.

    Anything I should know before I jump into the game? Is it ok to go in without using a guide or anything?

    Both games have a third romance option that shows up much later in the game, so you don't have to get too attached if you don't particularly like the first two you're stuck with.

    i.e. Ar Tonelico 2 - third girl best girl.

    AT2 is such a contrast for me. I love the story, I love the main character for once, but unlike any of the other games they made the two girls you start with so UTTERLY unlikable. You think progressing the story helps their background out, but it just makes them WORSE, especially when you compare them to third girl.

    Seriously, I had a choice between Laura Bailey and Kate Higgins, and I chose NEITHER. That's not gonna happen too often.

    wbee62u815wj.png
    vagrant_winds
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Oh man, the girls are trying to rename the same items. I don't know what to do!

  • QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    Oh man, the girls are trying to rename the same items. I don't know what to do!

    Get used to it. In AT2, they do more than name them differently, all three girls make every recipe into completely different items, three unique things per recipe.

    wbee62u815wj.png
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Quiotu wrote: »
    LD50 wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Oh, you listed three there.
    You're kind of conflating two different names for the first one, I assume you mean Aurica? She's one of them, and Misha's the other. Shurelia is the third one.

    Yeah, that's what I meant. I just couldn't remember her name. I figured the third one was the third one since:
    She's the other character who has song magic that you fought along side with, albeit for only a bit.

    So I will have to chose between them? Man, that's tough. Does this game have a NG+?

    Not really a + version, just being able to replay and choose the different sides. Basically in the first one, it's pretty unique because your choice happens QUITE early, and you end up in entirely different dungeons for it, and hear entirely different Hymnos songs. None of the other games split the story like AT1 does, which makes it in one way nice, and in another way really tough to see everything.

    Basically for AT1, the cosmosphere doesn't actually make a difference with your chosen girl. Once you make the choice in Phase 2, it blocks off the other ending. To choose Shurelia you HAVE to complete her cosmosphere and then choose her at the end.

    The game is also quite easy, so enjoy the story, not much grinding necessary except in the cosmospheres, if you want all the songs.

    Does it make more sense to just keep multiple saves? Like, save before major decisions and then once I clear a path reload from a previous point?

  • QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    Quiotu wrote: »
    LD50 wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Oh, you listed three there.
    You're kind of conflating two different names for the first one, I assume you mean Aurica? She's one of them, and Misha's the other. Shurelia is the third one.

    Yeah, that's what I meant. I just couldn't remember her name. I figured the third one was the third one since:
    She's the other character who has song magic that you fought along side with, albeit for only a bit.

    So I will have to chose between them? Man, that's tough. Does this game have a NG+?

    Not really a + version, just being able to replay and choose the different sides. Basically in the first one, it's pretty unique because your choice happens QUITE early, and you end up in entirely different dungeons for it, and hear entirely different Hymnos songs. None of the other games split the story like AT1 does, which makes it in one way nice, and in another way really tough to see everything.

    Basically for AT1, the cosmosphere doesn't actually make a difference with your chosen girl. Once you make the choice in Phase 2, it blocks off the other ending. To choose Shurelia you HAVE to complete her cosmosphere and then choose her at the end.

    The game is also quite easy, so enjoy the story, not much grinding necessary except in the cosmospheres, if you want all the songs.

    Does it make more sense to just keep multiple saves? Like, save before major decisions and then once I clear a path reload from a previous point?

    You could. To be sure you want a save at the beginning of Phase 2 then, and also towards the end of it at key moments. There are normal and true endings for the two girls, one ending for the third, and a bad ending that should be easy to spot if you're paying attention.

    wbee62u815wj.png
  • IanatorIanator Delightfully mediocre! Registered User regular
    Depending on what you think of the game's opening, you may also want to save before the final battle of Phase 1. For all the complaints I've had about the game so far, hearing Aurica's EXEC_PURGER/. may have propelled me through Phase 2 and its unique Hyms.

    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Steam
    Blizzard: Ianator#1479 / 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 / FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I think I might go after Misha though, since she's voiced by the lady that does Nanako's voice in P4 which makes her super adorbs. Aurica might be too shy/anti-social for my tastes.

  • QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    LD50 wrote: »
    I think I might go after Misha though, since she's voiced by the lady that does Nanako's voice in P4 which makes her super adorbs. Aurica might be too shy/anti-social for my tastes.

    I'm just gonna get this out of the way. Misha has two forms eventually, and if you choose the original, you are a horrible person.

    Just getting that off my chest. ;)
    Ianator wrote: »
    Depending on what you think of the game's opening, you may also want to save before the final battle of Phase 1. For all the complaints I've had about the game so far, hearing Aurica's EXEC_PURGER/. may have propelled me through Phase 2 and its unique Hyms.

    I respect your opinion, but Chronicle Key is where it's at.

    Quiotu on
    wbee62u815wj.png
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Oh man, Don Leon.

  • QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    For those of you waiting for a sale to try out some of Gust's games, you're in luck.

    The NA PSN has the latest of Gust's games on sale for $20 each. Ar NoSurge, Ar NoSurge Plus, Atelier Rorona Plus, Atelier Ayesha Plus, and Atelier Shallie are all $20 for a digital copy.

    wbee62u815wj.png
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Ok, I'm rapidly approaching the point where I think I'm going to have to choose between my two ladies. I really don't want to have to choose. Can't I just have both? I'm pretty sure I'm going to choose Misha though.

  • hydrohydro Registered User new member
    Quiotu wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    LD50 wrote: »
    It looks like they do indeed have it. They have the second one too.

    Anything I should know before I jump into the game? Is it ok to go in without using a guide or anything?

    Both games have a third romance option that shows up much later in the game, so you don't have to get too attached if you don't particularly like the first two you're stuck with.

    i.e. Ar Tonelico 2 - third girl best girl.

    AT2 is such a contrast for me. I love the story, I love the main character for once, but unlike any of the other games they made the two girls you start with so UTTERLY unlikable. You think progressing the story helps their background out, but it just makes them WORSE, especially when you compare them to third girl.

    Seriously, I had a choice between Laura Bailey and Kate Higgins, and I chose NEITHER. That's not gonna happen too often.

    I find it to be the opposite: Jakuri is still the best of the girls, but both Cloche and Luca actually are pretty solid as characters, and their background actually makes them more sympathetic and easier to see why they act the way they do. In fact, I'm thinking you focused so intensely on the first impression they give that you ignored altogether the way they developed as characters.

    And plus, here's some food for thought to anyone out there: all kinds of Song Magic require strong and sincere feelings to manifest their effects, and songs of the scope both Cloche and Luca sang would have been miserable failures if their personalities and behaviors hadn't changed at all from how they were at the start of the game.

    And finally, I have to seriously question the moral standing of those that like Misha but hate Luca, as these two are more similar than what most players realize just from the surface.


    Also, I'm appalled that some people mentioned the bug in AT2 but made zero mention about its localization being a mess or the relocalization project that was made to fix it, which even went to the point of fixing some bugs and even restoring dummied out content.

  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    hydro wrote: »
    Quiotu wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    LD50 wrote: »
    It looks like they do indeed have it. They have the second one too.

    Anything I should know before I jump into the game? Is it ok to go in without using a guide or anything?

    Both games have a third romance option that shows up much later in the game, so you don't have to get too attached if you don't particularly like the first two you're stuck with.

    i.e. Ar Tonelico 2 - third girl best girl.

    AT2 is such a contrast for me. I love the story, I love the main character for once, but unlike any of the other games they made the two girls you start with so UTTERLY unlikable. You think progressing the story helps their background out, but it just makes them WORSE, especially when you compare them to third girl.

    Seriously, I had a choice between Laura Bailey and Kate Higgins, and I chose NEITHER. That's not gonna happen too often.

    I find it to be the opposite: Jakuri is still the best of the girls, but both Cloche and Luca actually are pretty solid as characters, and their background actually makes them more sympathetic and easier to see why they act the way they do. In fact, I'm thinking you focused so intensely on the first impression they give that you ignored altogether the way they developed as characters.

    And plus, here's some food for thought to anyone out there: all kinds of Song Magic require strong and sincere feelings to manifest their effects, and songs of the scope both Cloche and Luca sang would have been miserable failures if their personalities and behaviors hadn't changed at all from how they were at the start of the game.

    And finally, I have to seriously question the moral standing of those that like Misha but hate Luca, as these two are more similar than what most players realize just from the surface.


    Also, I'm appalled that some people mentioned the bug in AT2 but made zero mention about its localization being a mess or the relocalization project that was made to fix it, which even went to the point of fixing some bugs and even restoring dummied out content.

    People mentioned the localization being bad a bit ago. The relocalization project probably wasn't mentioned because emulation and console modding discussion is discourage here.

  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Brings a Magic Infused Gun to a Swordfight. Registered User regular
    I knew of the relocalization project, but last time I looked it wasn't out yet. Looks like they have a second beta patch out now, so hey. Maybe they'll get a final release out sometime.

    AT2 is one of those few PS2 games I'm required to play on an Emulator anyways instead of in my PS3 because of the damn crash bugs in NISA's version.

    // Steam: VWinds // LoL: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // 3DS: 4682-8868-5037 // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • TakelTakel Registered User regular
    hydro wrote: »
    Quiotu wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    LD50 wrote: »
    It looks like they do indeed have it. They have the second one too.

    Anything I should know before I jump into the game? Is it ok to go in without using a guide or anything?

    Both games have a third romance option that shows up much later in the game, so you don't have to get too attached if you don't particularly like the first two you're stuck with.

    i.e. Ar Tonelico 2 - third girl best girl.

    AT2 is such a contrast for me. I love the story, I love the main character for once, but unlike any of the other games they made the two girls you start with so UTTERLY unlikable. You think progressing the story helps their background out, but it just makes them WORSE, especially when you compare them to third girl.

    Seriously, I had a choice between Laura Bailey and Kate Higgins, and I chose NEITHER. That's not gonna happen too often.

    I find it to be the opposite: Jakuri is still the best of the girls, but both Cloche and Luca actually are pretty solid as characters, and their background actually makes them more sympathetic and easier to see why they act the way they do. In fact, I'm thinking you focused so intensely on the first impression they give that you ignored altogether the way they developed as characters.

    And plus, here's some food for thought to anyone out there: all kinds of Song Magic require strong and sincere feelings to manifest their effects, and songs of the scope both Cloche and Luca sang would have been miserable failures if their personalities and behaviors hadn't changed at all from how they were at the start of the game.

    And finally, I have to seriously question the moral standing of those that like Misha but hate Luca, as these two are more similar than what most players realize just from the surface.


    Also, I'm appalled that some people mentioned the bug in AT2 but made zero mention about its localization being a mess or the relocalization project that was made to fix it, which even went to the point of fixing some bugs and even restoring dummied out content.

    Originally I was a complete Cloche fanboy, but you know what? That section where you lose your first choice for an entire phase and the Infelsphere segment really made me like Luca because I had to go through her cosmosphere to stand a reasonable chance with song magic (I was playing a low level no equipment upgrades run). So yeah, by the time I hit the friendzone wall, I was really bummed out that I couldn't see more.

    Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Will I lose access to Radolph and his equipment when I chose Misha?

  • IanatorIanator Delightfully mediocre! Registered User regular
    For a time. The two paths intertwine and you'll meet up with him again eventually.

    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Steam
    Blizzard: Ianator#1479 / 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 / FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • hydrohydro Registered User new member
    LD50 wrote: »
    Will I lose access to Radolph and his equipment when I chose Misha?

    Though choosing Misha's path permanently locks you out of two dungeons as well as not being as helpful as Aurica's path in understanding the story, since it shows several scenes from important events of Aurica's path with no context and next to no dialogue.

  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I like Misha better though.

  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Brings a Magic Infused Gun to a Swordfight. Registered User regular
    Whatever path you choose you're gonna make a girl sad. :(

    // Steam: VWinds // LoL: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // 3DS: 4682-8868-5037 // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Funbun route is the canon ending... you know it to be true
    ie: Lyner is a totally oblivious dolt but it all somehow works out well

    Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Brings a Magic Infused Gun to a Swordfight. Registered User regular
    Lyner is a stubborn idiot, but sometimes that's a superpower.
    Like pushing himself through a forcefield that he wouldn't let say no to him.

    Ar tonelico II for sure has the best protagonist of the three games if we're not counting Ar nosure.

    // Steam: VWinds // LoL: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // 3DS: 4682-8868-5037 // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • TakelTakel Registered User regular
    But hey, that stubbornness is the reason why Ar tonelico ended the way it did and indirectly
    saved the world. Without him saying that no, Shurelia shouldn't need to sacrifice herself and then following instructions to learn about Mir, Mir/Mule/Jakuri wouldn't have pursued all the stuff she did after she got her ass handed to her and chilled out. Without project Metafalica, the events in AT3 would have been impossible.

    Croix certainly was the best of the three, but his importance really took a huge back seat once the Infelsphere kicked in. From being the driver to being the escort. But hey, I guess that's just shifting the focus on who are the real stars.
    And the real ending is Croix + Jakuri with Cocona as the little sister forming the perfect family. Cloche and Luca can take care of themselves

    Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
    vagrant_winds
Sign In or Register to comment.