As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Steam] obscures your vision, but the Aliens are still there.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Just had a fun bug in Colonial Marines where it literally wouldn't let me quit the game. I'd exit, it would relaunch.

Over and over.

Damn you Isolation, you see what you drive me to put up with! Be cheaper or free or something!
    You're stuck in an ACM Groundhog Day until you can boost its Metacritic score.

• Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    @Sumanai Thanks!

1cYCD2h.jpg

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Haven't you heard? They're going to alter game rating by including time played as a metric.

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Haha, I meant "an awesome little game", my brain likes to eat the words sometimes.

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Oh, hey, Sid Meier's Covert Action got added to Steam. I remember that being fun.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Oh, hey, Sid Meier's Covert Action got added to Steam. I remember that being fun.

Courtesy of Night Dive. Those magnificent bastards have done it again! <3

EDIT: Also Pirates! Gold Plus, and Colonization. If you like your old Sid games, you're largely set!

Jazz on
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    REPOST! Only one entry do far with a fascinating tidbit about snails. Let's get some more entries!
    I just got an email from Isthereanydeal.com letting me know that Damned is $4.00 with voucher code VBHGBM-JS2VN9-0J5OFM.
    This seems like a thing people should get for Friday Night Gaming or other things.

In fact, how about a contest!

PM me the damndest thing you can think of. Seriously, whatever that means to you.
    I will choose the awesomest entry (could be funny or scary or totally offensive or whatever) and the winner gets a free copy of Damned

I'll close the contest around 3PM EST Friday. Let's get some Damn entries!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GFwyNr4o4sM

Damned: A Randomized Online Horror Game

What is Damned?
    Damned is a randomized online horror game for up to 5 players (4 survivors and 1 monster). You’ll be able to play as one of four people trapped in different haunted places (hotels, hospitals, etc).

As a survivor your main objective will be finding your way out, as well as helping your friends get out too. You’ll often find yourself on the edge, hearing and seeing ghostly things, trying to find keys and items to help in your escape. And sometimes you’ll find yourself running desperately from a monster, who’s there only to find and kill you and your friends.

You’ll also be able to play as the monster. The game will feature different monsters, each one unique in its gameplay and hunting style.

What kind of horror game is Damned?

Damned explores the sense of being defenseless against a powerful supernatural force. The survivors can’t directly affect the monster in any way. When it’s there to get you, your only chance is to run and hide.

This perception of being defenseless is very strong, primal and terrifying, it builds up anxiety and makes you really scared, fearing any unexplained noise or movement.

This is how Damned creates horror in a multiplayer game session, and we believe it to be super effective! (tested and approved!)

Why is Damned a randomized game?

Every stage in Damned is randomized:

Almost all the objects in a stage may or may not appear;

The item system is fully random too, randomizing which item will appear in the game, and where it'll be;

The way to win a match as a survivor is also randomized;

Even the stage may trigger random events to scare the survivors inside.

fine, you twisted my arm. I wrote you a story. I wasn't sure how long you wanted. @Ed Gruberman

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    So I played a bit of Indie Team, the game viciously hoisted upon me by @Viking that aussie bastard.

Its pretty amusing so far. I'm 2 worlds in, the first world is very introductory but you can definitely see what it can start to pick up. Its a game about "playing coop by yourself" and the way that manifests is through multiple playing characters. The first alternate character you unlock is Commander Video from the Bit Trip series. As commander video is a "runner" character he can only run, slide, and jump and cannot stop moving. If he hits a powerup he turns around and runs the other direction. You can slide under specific things which can warp the level around, like sliding under low hanging rocks to hit switches, which changes the level. Once CV hits a specific icon (Of the cat, the 'default' character that has summoned in helpers to complete the game) you control the cat and can move through the world, seeing a ghost version of how you played Commander Video. If you follow behind him you can have your version of CV open up paths for the cat, letting you explore more and more of the level to get to the exit. You have a fast forward ability to make sure that your cat doesn't waste more time because it may have taken you a bit to understand what you were supposed to do with CV.

The second helped you unlock is a blob guy from an Indie Game i've never played, but he can turn himself into platforms and you can use those as himself to get to higher places and when you play as the cat you can use the platforms you've created earlier to get across as well.

So far its pretty fun, and while simple at first I can definitely start seeing some more insidious tricks coming out. If you like platformers it seems pretty decent, theres a lot of indie characters, each with their own game specific abilities (The sweeper from Dustforce can glide along walls and stuff clearing leaves, I bet the braid guy has time control, etc.) and it is pretty amusing watching your own past characters clear the way for yourself.

If this game interests you, let me know. I have a lot of coupons for it. D:

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I got up to a bloody nightmare level I remembered in MotN (3/9 first time through) and figured out a few ways to, basically, be a cheap motherfucking ninja, sweeped out of there with 9/9.

Such a well designed little gem of a game.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    I'm torn between Assassin's Creed 3 and the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3: Full Burst (Wow, they had space for that on the box?). I played some AC3 when it was first released and enjoyed it. I got up to the point where you first get your ship. How far through the game is that? If its halfway or further, I'll probably just skip it since while I liked it, it wasn't like OMG AMAZING for me at that point.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    I popped in to see if I had any contest submissions when I see a mysterious code, courtesy of @Yoshua which he promises is not Bad Rats.

I tentatively type the code in, fully expecting to be bitten by Rats, but I am irradiated with joy to see that I have received Wasteland 2! Incredible! And just as I'm about to come and make this post, I get the telltale computer lock up. A few seconds later, I get a popup telling me that @Sumanai has sent me Enslaved! I've heard awesome things about it so now I have 2 more games that I'm REALLY excited to play!

Thank you both of you. I'm looking forward to exploring the wasteland. Hopefully I don't get enslaved!
    Ugh. That's what bad. I'm struggling here.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    yesterday.jpg

I don't even know. What just happened? Why? :razz:

And what's this about chins?

Thanks @Antoshka ... now don't you have a @Spoit to be targeting or something?

<3<3<3

Remember kids: ESC is bad!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    Thanks @Sumanai for the giveaway prizes of "The Book of Unwritten Tales" and "Orbital Gear" !
    feeling warm and fuzzy.

• Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    I have a bunch of coupons, let me know if you want any of them!

25% off Pixel Piracy x 2
    66% off Dieselstormers
    90% off Deponia
    10% off Stronghold Crusader 2
    50% off Bedlam
    90% off Electronic Super Joy: Groove City
    20% off Team Indie
    50% off Endless Space EMperor Edition

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    If we have to defend sleeping in your underpants, then this isn't a country I want to live in anymore.

Also, in terms of being in your undies and having that be germane to Alien, they're on a spaceship and they're a crew. Nobody has anything no one else hasn't seen already. From what I've read on Alien, it's heavily implied they're all banging each other anyway.

Okay, I've never once picked up on that on any viewing of the movie... am I just being thick?

It might have been a Director's Cut thing. I was reading about the stuff regarding Brett and Dallas' final fate, and the article was saying how someone asks Ripley if she's banging Ash.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular

EDIT: Also Pirates! Gold Plus, and Colonization. If you like your old Sid games, you're largely set!

Then where the hell is my NOLF and NOLF2?
    Ceno wrote: »
    Just had a fun bug in Colonial Marines where it literally wouldn't let me quit the game. I'd exit, it would relaunch.

Over and over.

Damn you Isolation, you see what you drive me to put up with! Be cheaper or free or something!

That bug has been around for a while...I doubt they have anyone still working on fixing the game to remove a bug like that.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    ReverseCreationsReverseCreations Registered User regular
    woot clearing off backlog, impulse bought Costume Quest 2 earlier this week and finished it. It was good, basically more Costume Quest, which I was fine with. finding out the size of FFXIII and knowing I will eventually pick it up, along with XIII-2 and a heavily discounted Lightning Returns, finding myself needing to clear off my HDD which means powering through my backlog >_< right now, powering through Mass Effect 3. Thinking since it's October I will have to find the time to power through Dead Space 2 and 3.....and possibly hate myself and put some time into Amnesia, which was last sighted last year when I noped the hell out of it after about an hour.

1C54320038BDF735D2D088D168D6275F7F2FBE3C
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Oh good, Durante's digging into the FFXIII PC port. If anybody can make it less horrid, it's him.

Uh, not that I care about FFXIII or anything.

...b-baka.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I missed out on Half-Life and HL2 at the time because of not having a gaming PC. I've gone back and played through some of each but couldn't finish either. They've really not aged well, in my opinion. I don't see a lot of value in going back to play them now if you missed them initially, except out of reverence for the ground they broke.

I'm late here, but please don't listen to this man.
    No offense minor incident.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    A Steam thread paradox!

aOzuinB.jpg

Thanks, @Sumanai‌! This has gotten surprisingly glowing review around here and I'm looking forward to seeing what all the hubbub is about. Thank you for a giveaway so classy that a loser wins too. :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    .So mention of Sid Meier's and I looked. I found railroad tycoon. I always wanted that one, and almost wishlisted it. The new railroads I have played, and didn't like. It was beatable scenarios. Boring. Than I saw they had train fever which said it had procedurally generated maps. Sounds more like what I have always wanted, sim city train. Wishlisted, and than redid my whole wishlist.

Ah Sid, you are getting me to waste time in many ways still. I'm not going to look at that beyond earth in my backlog.

And why, all the assassins creed games for 5 bucks? I guess that means they will hit that again in the future when I have money? Not like I have time to play them anyway.

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    woot clearing off backlog, impulse bought Costume Quest 2 earlier this week and finished it. It was good, basically more Costume Quest, which I was fine with. finding out the size of FFXIII and knowing I will eventually pick it up, along with XIII-2 and a heavily discounted Lightning Returns, finding myself needing to clear off my HDD which means powering through my backlog >_< right now, powering through Mass Effect 3. Thinking since it's October I will have to find the time to power through Dead Space 2 and 3.....and possibly hate myself and put some time into Amnesia, which was last sighted last year when I noped the hell out of it after about an hour.

Hi5! I'm 20 hours into Mass Effect 3 and loving every minute. A couple points have already demanded a second play through.

It takes all my strength to not gush about it every day.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    redsolstice.jpg

FFS! You kick somebody out of a chat room and they turn around and do this. Geez.

:razz:

Thanks @Basil!

<3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I admit to being a little envious of this Borderlands 1 Dream Team that's been cooping lately:

vFLIwHg.jpg

But then @CorriganX, bless his soul, started streaming. You can watch right now!

Happy hunting, CorriganX, @Berylline‌, @SmokeStacks‌ and @Mercutio87!

EDIT: And Corrigan just pulled a purple from a skag pile. Oh how I miss the BL1 drop rate...

EDIT: And they just wandered into Spiderant Hell, @curly haired boy‌. :)

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    Whenever I played coop in the first game, I suddenly lost the ability to aim entirely and was usually useless. I have no idea why.
    The second game I was fine though, and singleplayer had no issues. It was really weird.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Whenever I played coop in the first game, I suddenly lost the ability to aim entirely and was usually useless. I have no idea why.
    The second game I was fine though, and singleplayer had no issues. It was really weird.
    I would chalk that up to gamespy. That's dead now though.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Borderlands 1 has really shit connection, especially now with steam integration. It really wasn't designed with it mind, and runs very poorly connecting. :( I cant wait for us to get to 2, @Berylline hasnt played any of these, so we're 4 manning through them for her.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I'm still making my way through my replay of ME2. I'm sure I'd be done by now, but I'm playing a vanguard again. Vanguard, if you don't know, has a "defensive" ability called Charge. Charge fully charges the PC's shields while flashing across the battlefield in an instant to knock an enemy over and slow down time for a few seconds. Again, this is a defensive ability to get a player out of trouble when shields have been depleted.

Alternatively, Charge is an offensive ability which launches a player into the middle of a group of enemies to unload as much ammunition as possible. Hopefully the player is able to Charge again and repeat the process before dying.

I imagine a future where entire planets are uninhabitable because they are covered with tombstones reading "Here lies Commander Shepard. She died as she lived - with a shotgun in hand and a maniacal grin upon her face."

an_alt on
    Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    While every class plays different in Mass Effect 2/3, Vanguard really is a completely different way of playing than any of the other classes.

Folks here at Penny Arcade forums like to refer to it as Vangod.

ME2_vanguard_gentleman_s_guide.png

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

I always thought the original Colonization was a lot better than the remake

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I know CHARGEguards get a lot of love here, but I've always preferred the subtler approach of 'Singularity --> Shotgun the Floating Piñatas Until they Explode into Showers of Candy.'

The flowchart is also simpler:

Is it on the ground? --Yes--> Singularity
    —————————--No--> SHOTGUN

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Mercutio87Mercutio87 So build that wall and build it strong cause We'll be there before too longRegistered User regular
    I had forgotten about spiderant hell from the last time I played BL. Now I have my answer as to why my old character had hit lvl 33 before even finishing the first batch of New Haven missions.

Also, I think this thread is now in a self sustaining gifting chain reaction. @Sumanai gifted me a game about punching bears because...I don't even remember why. I think because I was logged in, and said something about coupons. Then @Big Classy‌ heard me say in our stream that I didn't have serious sam.

You people are monsters that I like very much.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I know CHARGEguards get a lot of love here, but I've always preferred the subtler approach of 'Singularity --> Shotgun the Floating Piñatas Until they Explode into Showers of Candy.'

The flowchart is also simpler:

Is it on the ground? --Yes--> Singularity
    —————————--No--> SHOTGUN

But charge gets you into optimal shotgun range!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    Haha for a second there I thought someone said that there was a way to play a Vangod not using charge. Haha oh man I should go to bed because I'm seeing things that couldn't possibly be there.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    I have to say that Charge was a lot more reliable in ME3. I've had way, way too many deaths in ME2 by charge not working properly. The target might be too close or partial cover will present an issue sometimes, but not others.

In ME3 the only issue was that the cooldown wasn't quick enough for the situation.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    an_alt wrote: »
    I have to say that Charge was a lot more reliable in ME3. I've had way, way too many deaths in ME2 by charge not working properly. The target might be too close or partial cover will present an issue sometimes, but not others.

In ME3 the only issue was that the cooldown wasn't quick enough for the situation.

In the ME3 campaign, there were a lot of places where the charge power was not reliable at all. The most memorable was there there were two cable cars side by side. You could even jump between them. Just no charging. Lots of deaths because it was really picky about level geometry. I would charge into a dangerous situation, survive until the cooldown, try to charge again at a target that looked totally reasonable, and it would refuse to let me attack with mah face.

In ME3 multiplayer, charge was basically perfect.

• Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Yay

@Sumanai‌ sent me Tropico

Now to brutalise my people and rule them like a medieval king

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Oh man, the TF2 preorder items from Alien Isolation aren't tradable or marketable, so I can't sell them for mad marketplace dollas.

I don't play TF2 so this double sucks because I can't even give them away to someone who does.

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I was just idling Counter-Strike for some items and I come back to find a surprise gift from @Corsini, he sent me The Walking Dead: Season 2! So that friend request a bit earlier was a trap, I should've known. You are awesome, thanks for the great game (and all the feels)! :heartbeat:

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    sigh, almost 200 games. and nothing I want to play. . .

This discussion has been closed.