As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Steam] obscures your vision, but the Aliens are still there.

• Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    sigh, almost 200 games. and nothing I want to play. . .
    My problem is that I have far too many games I do want to play and not enough time to play them. (or I am too tired to really play any)

Isorn on
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular

#Steamworldproblems

...of course all this Vanguard talk is making me want to get back to my ME3 run. Which I put down after realising I'd accidentally set the difficulty to Insanity. I thought it was harder than I remembered.

But finally into the second half of Wasteland 2...

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    I played some police quest from GoG. Streamed it, but didn't get far... night night time.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    with all the old games coming to Steam lately I hope the Police Quest games come. I only ever played PQ1 on amiga but I remember loving it

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I would love to go back and replay the Sierra/Lucasarts games from back then but I just can't justify rebuying them. The gog sales are usually pretty good on them though - sometime I'll have to bite.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    rikdaly wrote: »
    with all the old games coming to Steam lately I hope the Police Quest games come. I only ever played PQ1 on amiga but I remember loving it

GoG

• Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular

GoG

yeah, I know but I'm terrible and always forget to play any games I have on GOG. I bought Syndicate years ago and have probably played ten minutes of it

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I just download them and add them as non-Steam shortcuts. I only own a few Gog games though - some freebies and Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 and Theme Hospital.

• Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    So, Sleepy Dongs Definitive Edition

Is it worth it if I already had all the DLC for the base game, is there much improvement because to be honest, the screens look the same

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Anyone know if there is a way to mod in the unkillable death scorpion from the pirate version of SS3 to the proper version?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    When you've missed 1.3k steam thread posts, you know you've been away a long time at least a few days. Have I missed anything radical?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular

GoG

yeah, I know but I'm terrible and always forget to play any games I have on GOG. I bought Syndicate years ago and have probably played ten minutes of it

Yeah I have about 20 games on GOG and the only ones I have played are ones that I have on Steam or Space Quest 4 which I could copy to my tablet to play on the bus.
    Speaking of GOG, I've always wondered, if I have have Blackguards on Steam, could I but the DLC on GOG? Don't worry, I already have the DLC on Steam. I'm just wondering how it would work. I guess it would probably depend on the game.

Also, REPOST! Ends today at 3PM EST. Got some good entries: 1 scary story, 1 horrifying anecdote, 1 hilarious video and 1 amazing factoid.

How about a contest!

PM me the damndest thing you can think of. Seriously, whatever that means to you.
    I will choose the awesomest entry (could be funny or scary or totally offensive or whatever) and the winner gets a free copy of Damned

I'll close the contest around 3PM EST Friday. Let's get some Damn entries!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GFwyNr4o4sM

Damned: A Randomized Online Horror Game

What is Damned?
    Damned is a randomized online horror game for up to 5 players (4 survivors and 1 monster). You’ll be able to play as one of four people trapped in different haunted places (hotels, hospitals, etc).

As a survivor your main objective will be finding your way out, as well as helping your friends get out too. You’ll often find yourself on the edge, hearing and seeing ghostly things, trying to find keys and items to help in your escape. And sometimes you’ll find yourself running desperately from a monster, who’s there only to find and kill you and your friends.

You’ll also be able to play as the monster. The game will feature different monsters, each one unique in its gameplay and hunting style.

What kind of horror game is Damned?

Damned explores the sense of being defenseless against a powerful supernatural force. The survivors can’t directly affect the monster in any way. When it’s there to get you, your only chance is to run and hide.

This perception of being defenseless is very strong, primal and terrifying, it builds up anxiety and makes you really scared, fearing any unexplained noise or movement.

This is how Damned creates horror in a multiplayer game session, and we believe it to be super effective! (tested and approved!)

Why is Damned a randomized game?

Every stage in Damned is randomized:

Almost all the objects in a stage may or may not appear;

The item system is fully random too, randomizing which item will appear in the game, and where it'll be;

The way to win a match as a survivor is also randomized;

Even the stage may trigger random events to scare the survivors inside.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    TeeMan wrote: »
    When you've missed 1.3k steam thread posts, you know you've been away a long time at least a few days. Have I missed anything radical?

We all got space bikes

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Mount Your Friends is on sale and it has cutting edge Jiggle Physics. Also some people bought Disney Princess games.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

Monsters. Everywhere.

EVERYWHERE.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    TreadLifeTreadLife CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    BigDes wrote: »

Is it worth it if I already had all the DLC for the base game, is there much improvement because to be honest, the screens look the same

I'm going to say no, and so does most of the know-it-alls on its Steam community discussion threads. But, wait just long enough, and it will probably get bundled or stupid cheap enough to own for shits and giggles anyway. Consider who published it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »

#Steamworldproblems

...of course all this Vanguard talk is making me want to get back to my ME3 run. Which I put down after realising I'd accidentally set the difficulty to Insanity. I thought it was harder than I remembered.

You can change the difficulty on the fly. You just lose the cheevo for a full Insanity run.

Frem wrote: »
    In ME3 multiplayer, charge was basically perfect.
    Annoying as shit when you have a teammate (or, God forbid, teammates plural) spamming it when you're sniping and just as you fire they're all up in something's face. And sometimes getting torn apart by whatever thing it is. and then you've wasted a precious sniper shot and spend half an hour (approximately) reloading your Mantis or Widow...

woot clearing off backlog, impulse bought Costume Quest 2 earlier this week and finished it. It was good, basically more Costume Quest, which I was fine with. finding out the size of FFXIII and knowing I will eventually pick it up, along with XIII-2 and a heavily discounted Lightning Returns, finding myself needing to clear off my HDD which means powering through my backlog >_< right now, powering through Mass Effect 3. Thinking since it's October I will have to find the time to power through Dead Space 2 and 3.....and possibly hate myself and put some time into Amnesia, which was last sighted last year when I noped the hell out of it after about an hour.

Hi5! I'm 20 hours into Mass Effect 3 and loving every minute. A couple points have already demanded a second play through.

It takes all my strength to not gush about it every day.
    For all its many flaws, both the overly-discussed and never-brought-up ones, ME3 is so goddamn awesome.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Gifting, jiggle physics and unspeakable nightmares - sounds about right for Steam thread. Shine on you crazy cats

Some people were interested in seeing some more Dungeon of the Endless heroes that I've transitioned to a physical form. I finished this one about a week ago -

Elise Ness
    oPE4JWK.jpg
    ZNWLfvv.jpg

It continues to be a lot of fun to whittle my time away to, so there'll be more in future :smile:

edit: Bonus confused pooch image
    CRpuvgo.jpg

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    TreadLife wrote: »
    BigDes wrote: »

I'm going to say no, and so does most of the know-it-alls on its Steam community discussion threads. But, wait just long enough, and it will probably get bundled or stupid cheap enough to own for shits and giggles anyway. Consider who published it.

That game looked great on PC when it came out, with the high res textures, but the ads for Definitive Edition don't seem super compelling. Oh, more weather effects. Oh, more people in the streets of Hong Kong to properly emulate the crowdedness of the city. I dunno, Sleepy Dogs HK felt plenty crowded to me.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »

#Steamworldproblems

Play enough Gold and Platinum in the multiplayer and ME3 Insanity will feel like a cakewalk.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

You missed Nobody.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Guess I'll be hanging out at the Newark airport for a while today. Flight delays.
    So how's the new costume quest looking?

• Options
    So I fired up Final Fantasy XIII last night just to take a quick peek (I had about half an hour to kill before weekly RPG game night). I watched a beautiful opening cinematic/credits thing. Thought "Oh, this has potential."

Then it went to the main menu. I wanted to go into the options menu but misclicked and hit new game. Eh, no biggie. I hit ESC to back up a menu level...

Desktop.

I made a grumpy face.

Yep, think I'll wait for a suitable fix for that before proceeding with this game. It's just safer for everyone in my vicinity.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Guess I'll be hanging out at the Newark airport for a while today. Flight delays.

I hear generally more of the same, which is probably best for such a niche title.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »

Generally, so far it's more Costume Quest. The only thing that irks me so far is that there are heal fountains sprinkled around the world instead of just auto-healing your party after each encounter.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    So I fired up Final Fantasy XIII last night just to take a quick peek (I had about half an hour to kill before weekly RPG game night). I watched a beautiful opening cinematic/credits thing. Thought "Oh, this has potential."

Then it went to the main menu. I wanted to go into the options menu but misclicked and hit new game. Eh, no biggie. I hit ESC to back up a menu level...

Desktop.

I made a grumpy face.

Yep, think I'll wait for a suitable fix for that before proceeding with this game. It's just safer for everyone in my vicinity.

That's a bummer. It really is a fun game. I haven't tried the port, but on PS3, I had a good time. It sure isn't what we're familiar with in the Final Fantasy world, but heck, it is fun. The battle system is amazing when it gives you more freedom, but it does spend a while training you to get it right.

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    On last page's vanguard discussion, I still remember the visceral joy I felt when facing a particular asari in the early parts of the shadow broker me2 DLC. You think you can teleport away from me? Think again!

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular

Desktop.

I made a grumpy face.

you cant change keybindings?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    mts wrote: »

Desktop.

I made a grumpy face.

Given that you can't change the resolution, I'm gonna guess at "no".

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    I would love to go back and replay the Sierra/Lucasarts games from back then but I just can't justify rebuying them. The gog sales are usually pretty good on them though - sometime I'll have to bite.

You may want to try my solution, which is to still have my original copies. Or my original copies of their first disc compliations. Or both.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I have fully succumbed to the sickness and gave in. Called n sick to work saying I can't make it tonight and tomorrow night. One they're good at, is making you feel like guilty for it lol. Someone who helped me feel better was @corsini. He gifted me a code for Supreme Commander Gold Edition! Then I was sick again. But I was still happy! YAY! <3

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

Desktop.

I made a grumpy face.

yea but resolution seems a bit bigger than press key do this.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular

Desktop.

I made a grumpy face.

AutoHotKey came to mind as a dirty hack/fix to workaround this so I done a quick search and reddit shows this possible workaround

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/2isgo2/final_fantasy_xiii_1080p_and_60fps_fix/cl56mbl

Yeah it's dirty and really shouldn't be needed but a solution for anyone that really wants to play I guess.

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Options
    Big Classy wrote: »
    I have fully succumbed to the sickness and gave in. Called n sick to work saying I can't make it tonight and tomorrow night. One they're good at, is making you feel like guilty for it lol. Someone who helped me feel better was corsini. He gifted me a code for Supreme Commander Gold Edition! Then I was sick again. But I was still happy! YAY! <3

Okay, people, you read the guy! @Big Classy needs more games because gifts make him feel better in his time of need.

go go go!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Icemopper wrote: »

Desktop.

I made a grumpy face.

That's a bummer. It really is a fun game. I haven't tried the port, but on PS3, I had a good time. It sure isn't what we're familiar with in the Final Fantasy world, but heck, it is fun. The battle system is amazing when it gives you more freedom, but it does spend a while training you to get it right.

I also tried it last night, both without and then with Durante's pre-alpha resolution fix. It's a very very pretty game, but I'm gonna give Durante a couple weeks or whatever to fix some more stuff. I'm guessing the Esc button's gonna be there somewhere down the line, and right now there's some weird focus issues, menu transparency, and other issues that he's noted, which need to be addressed. I'm looking forward to being able to play this new game I got...

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    I have fully succumbed to the sickness and gave in. Called n sick to work saying I can't make it tonight and tomorrow night. One they're good at, is making you feel like guilty for it lol. Someone who helped me feel better was corsini. He gifted me a code for Supreme Commander Gold Edition! Then I was sick again. But I was still happy! YAY! <3

Okay, people, you read the guy! @Big Classy needs more games because gifts make him feel better in his time of need.

go go go!

Twisted minds think alike. :smile:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    I found this old AMA post on reddit. It's the lead writer for Borderlands 2 posing as Mister Torgue.

And here's a recent AMA for Handsome Jack.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    v3KmvW7.png

IT'S TIME FOR A PIXIE CONTEST!

The Prize:
    alienisolation.jpg
    Apparently comes with some DLC and TF2 goodies too, but I can't confirm that bit.

There seem to be a few people that want this:
    alienisolationwant.jpg

So what do you have to do?

Sorry, no Steamgifts giveaway. No simple "click a button" thing. I know, I know, that makes me a heartless terrible person. But we all knew that anyway.

Nope, you have to put a teensy bit of effort in.

Write me an ode. Or steal one. Or something.

I want an ode to cupcakes.

Okay, it doesn't actually have to be an ode. It can be a free verse poem. A haiku. A limerick. Even a simple prose paragraph. Heck, I'll even take an art. Just give me something fun that involves cupcakes in some fashion. How hard can that be?

Winner to be picked on Friday evening sometime (US Eastern), unless there's a complete lack of interest in which case I don't know. You all suck. And I'll figure something else out. :P

Go!

Last call on this! Get your entry in!

Someone tonight is getting ALL THE NOPES EVER. Will it be you?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Jazz wrote: »

Desktop.

I made a grumpy face.

yea but resolution seems a bit bigger than press key do this.

Oh, I totally agree. But you and I aren't lazily porting a four-year-old game to another platform with zero consideration for that platform besides "they all have massive hard drives, right?"

• Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    Five more hours to hop in and win some original LoG!

signature.png

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
This discussion has been closed.