As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[nfl] THIS THREAD IS AS DEAD AS YOUR TEAMS PLAYOFF HOPES!

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Actually, I think Detroit can also win the #1 seed if they win, Arizona wins tonight but loses next week, and Dallas wins next week. That would create a three way tie between the Lions, Cardinals, and Cowboys with the Lions being 10-2 in conference to Dallas' 8-4 and Arizona's 9-3.

EDIT: No, Arizona swept those two.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Carpy wrote: »
    Heir wrote: »
    Packers and Lions are pretty much interchangeable between the 2nd seed and 6th seed. Unless Arizona blows it, then I believe if GB wins next week they'll be the 1 seed right?

I think if Seattle wins out they get the one seed unless they end up tied with Dallas

Dallas needed a two way tie with Seattle, but no three way ties. That can't happen anymore because the Lions won today.

First tiebreaker if there's no round robin between the tied teams is conference record and Dallas' is a pedestrian 7-4. Lions 9-2, Packers 8-3, Cardinals/Seahawks currently 8-2.

I knew Dallas won the head to head tie breaker, didn't realize that it was out of play now. Seeding gets weird these last couple weeks.

Well, ok, technically it's possible. Dallas needs Seattle to win the West, to win next week, and a Packers/Lions tie.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Packers and Lions are pretty much interchangeable between the 2nd seed and 6th seed. Unless Arizona blows it, then I believe if GB wins next week they'll be the 1 seed right?

I think if Seattle wins out they get the one seed unless they end up tied with Dallas

Dallas needed a two way tie with Seattle, but no three way ties. That can't happen anymore because the Lions won today.

First tiebreaker if there's no round robin between the tied teams is conference record and Dallas' is a pedestrian 7-4. Lions 9-2, Packers 8-3, Cardinals/Seahawks currently 8-2.

I knew Dallas won the head to head tie breaker, didn't realize that it was out of play now. Seeding gets weird these last couple weeks.

It is not that bad. You can't account for head to head in a three way tie. In that instance you have to go to something else. And the most logical next step would be conference record.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Sherman stating he didn't care what people thought about the Crabtree incident to Costas just made my night.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Because I dream of the day we get another GB - Sea playoff game in Green Bay with an overtime coin toss and Wilson trying to ironically say "we want the ball and we're gonna score!".

Unless you think the Rams are gonna skyrocket.

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Lynch issues rumors speculation already.

• Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Because I dream of the day we get another GB - Sea playoff game in Green Bay with an overtime coin toss and Wilson trying to ironically say "we want the ball and we're gonna score!".

Unless you think the Rams are gonna skyrocket.

Derp. Nice catch.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Forecast calls for a high of 16 degrees in Green Bay Sunday. If they flex it to night like you'd assume they would: BRRRRRRR

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Forecast calls for a high of 16 degrees in Green Bay Sunday. If they flex it to night like you'd assume they would: BRRRRRRR

I think they can't do that with only a week to go. There has to be at least two or three weeks.

• Options
    Man if true that field will be like concrete.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    He took a full step there after the ball was away, should have been roughing.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular

I think they can't do that with only a week to go. There has to be at least two or three weeks.

I heard the CBS announcers just speculating at when the games were being played/aired next week, so I think they can flex at the end of the season.

Unless I just misunderstood.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LOL. Floyd hooks Maxwell.... gets D PI call.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I would have loved to see Twitter explode if Lindley and Floyd had beaten Sherman. :sigh:

hippofant on
  • Options
    Man, right after Collinsworth points out the penalty disparity...they call holding on us.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Holding penalties on fair catches are the stupidest fucking thing and should be abolished

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Wiiiilllllllsooooooonnnnnn!

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Well, if they won't let him pass, might as well run 50 yards.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Russel Wilson running like that is the equivalent of cutler saying "fuck it, I'm throwing it long"

Except you know, without the int

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    + a chin
    + a Personality

• Options
    Goddamit hauschka.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Uh oh. Steve missed one... the stars may be against us on this one.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    The fuck are you doing bennet?

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    LOL see that monster hold by Fitz. No call of course.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Man, it's going to be so fun watching the Cards win playoff games 16-9

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Seattle's almost had two picks already. If they just stop committing dumb penalties (granted probably a big if) they're looking good. Otherwise...

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Kana wrote: »
    Seattle's almost had two picks already. If they just stop committing dumb penalties (granted probably a big if) they're looking good. Otherwise...

He is throwing knuckle balls out there. The Cards are making him look passable.

• Options
    Speaking of which...

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Um why wasnt that grounding?

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    I love that even as the most-penalized team in the league, the Seahawks still get away with so much blatant horseshit.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »

John Brown was vaguely in the area. You could see him walk on screen after the ball landed.

Also, QB was hit on the throw.

• Options
    hippofant wrote: »

John Brown was vaguely in the area. You could see him walk on screen after the ball landed.

What does the QB being hit having to do with anything? I didnt see brown just saw it. Thanks.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    it took power off the throw so the pass fell short, but it wasn't intentional

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options

Ya, it wasnt obvious immediately on camera but he was totally aiming for a target downfield. He just got hit as he threw. It was fine.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Ive seen that called. But there was a red shirt about 8 yards away in the area. And I was talking about the throw to the flats not the one in the middle.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular

What does the QB being hit having to do with anything? I didnt see brown just saw it. Thanks.

Refs virtually never call grounding when the QB is hit during the throw, because it's impossible to tell how much the hit affects the accuracy of the throw. Sometimes you'll get an in the grasp call, but never grounding.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options

Because confirmation bias and persecution complexes are so unattractive?

• Options
    edited December 2014

Because confirmation bias and persecution complexes are so unattractive?

I was talking about the throw to the flats not the one across his body. Doesnt matter now.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    LOL. These calls are getting crazy.

• Options
    They've got orders to keep the cards in the game awhile longer.