As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    Ah, so that's why Blizz nerfed flare, so we can see more games like that.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Also, from my wife's game the other night:

ti41yabadehu.png

I hope she played something small and then rammed it into the mages face. :P

I'd play the owl first to trigger the mirror image, then either shield slam or brawl to trigger the counter spell (prob. brawl really).
    Then I'd pass. He'd have an owl left and if he drops a minion you can play cleave to clear the owl (and cause it to be duplicated) and then execute on the other minion he drops if it's threatning enough.

That removes 3 secrets fairly painlessly.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Jesus, I just misplayed horribly and lost an arena game down to 2-1 because of it. Shaman mirror, opponent got off a Deathwing and two swings to my face with it. He ended that turn with Deathwing, a taunt totem and a freshly topdecked Sludge Belcher. I had 6 HP.

I drew Youthful Brewmaster and got super excited because I had a 4/2 Black Knight on the board. Without thinking, I recalled him and used him to destroy the Belcher. Unfortunately, I didn't attack with him first to kill the taunt totem, and consequently the rest of my board didn't have enough punch to kill off the little ooze, the stoneclaw and Deathwing. If I'd attacked with him first, I'd have had enough damage in bits and pieces on the board, plus a 9/9 Frostwolf Warlord, to kill DW.

And then when I realized my mistake I fucked up again and didn't click the totem button when I still had 2 non-taunt totems on the board.

I need to play slower ><

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    I think one of the main keys to good play is not to do anything until you have plotted out the entire move in your head. sure people hate you for taking your time when you obviously are just stalling but patience pays off.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Jesus, I just misplayed horribly and lost an arena game down to 2-1 because of it. Shaman mirror, opponent got off a Deathwing and two swings to my face with it. He ended that turn with Deathwing, a taunt totem and a freshly topdecked Sludge Belcher. I had 6 HP.

I drew Youthful Brewmaster and got super excited because I had a 4/2 Black Knight on the board. Without thinking, I recalled him and used him to destroy the Belcher. Unfortunately, I didn't attack with him first to kill the taunt totem, and consequently the rest of my board didn't have enough punch to kill off the little ooze, the stoneclaw and Deathwing. If I'd attacked with him first, I'd have had enough damage in bits and pieces on the board, plus a 9/9 Frostwolf Warlord, to kill DW.

And then when I realized my mistake I fucked up again and didn't click the totem button when I still had 2 non-taunt totems on the board.

I need to play slower ><

You need to post slower too. I mean, 2 swings with Deathwing? :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    He did! Over two turns, anyway; I was at 30 HP when he played it. That deck didn't have a single Hex and I still had enough time to build a board and (if I'd played properly) stabilize =/

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    I think one of the main keys to good play is not to do anything until you have plotted out the entire move in your head. sure people hate you for taking your time when you obviously are just stalling but patience pays off.

This is good advice, with one little wrinkle that I would add. If you have a complicated turn, but there's absolutely one thing yo're going to do that turn, if it's the first thing you have to do, just go ahead and do it.

That way you can focus on plotting out the rest of the turn afterwards and save the mental space of thinking about that step and possibly forgetting it.

Obviously, be careful if doing this thing has impacts later on in the decision chain and would be reevaluated as a result.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    yeah things like draw first are good rules and usually allow you to see other options

but plan as much as you can, certainly.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Also i think the really good players have this organization in the brain to consider what happens if you swap order of play. sure you know the concecrate will bring the 3/5 down to 3/3 so you can kill it with your 3/1, but maybe i should hit it with the 3/1 first, then do that other thing then hit the concecrate.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Man the paladin cards feel lackluster in this expac. It's my favorite class, but I'm getting a bit tired of its best card being Truesilver.

Druid is looking pretty hot though. Seems like ramp is getting a lot more love.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Playing lots of Miracle decks before the nerf happens.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    LibrarianLibrarian The face of liberal fascism Registered User regular
    Man the paladin cards feel lackluster in this expac. It's my favorite class, but I'm getting a bit tired of its best card being Truesilver.

I also love playing Paladin and it is the only class where I got all the cards, but it sure is a pain to construct a good deck. And paladin has been the weakest class statistically speaking for a long time now.
    I hope that a Paladin Mech deck might work, the new 2/2 Divine Shield for 2 mana minion finally gives us a solid 2 drop you can actually play on turn and Gazlowe sounds like a good card to use in a deck like that, with all the Paladin 1 mana spells finally finding some use, along with the spare parts you get.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular

The basic curve got a bit better, but Paladin doesn't really have access to a burst finisher in the way you need to make a midrange deck work.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/721-goblins-vs-gnomes-invades-the-arena-2-0-0-7234

So they're pre-adding all the GvG cards to arena Soon (tm). I'm really pleased to hear this after having three really bad arena runs in the last 24 hours ><

• Options
    But I guess you can't earn the new cards yet with arena runs.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »

The basic curve got a bit better, but Paladin doesn't really have access to a burst finisher in the way you need to make a midrange deck work.

I've had pretty good luck with undertaker-deathadin decks with tirion as a finisher. You need to draw divine favor vs control and consecration/tsc vs zoo but you usually do. Only problem is priest as zombie chow slows you down and tirion is almost unplayable due to MC

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I'm so excited for spectator mode

I expect to be watching friends play plenty

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    And now I'm 0-1 into a new Paladin draft I literally did 30 minutes before the announcement. Gee, it's like I had 550 gold a couple of days ago ><

• Options
    So I can't find any info on if the changes are in the EU version yet, but if they patched the Auctioneer and Flare and Soulfire(those are in the patchnotes) the new cards will be up now in arena? The free arena game does not show up. But also not mentioned in the blue post.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Hey @MNC Dover are we still doing BAD DAYS?

3thQ6bS.jpg?1
    WOWEE LOOK AT THAT BOARD. It is a proven fact that if you are playing Hunter, Animal Companion will always give Huffer. ALWAYS.

Unfortunately for me, the Priest used Holy Nova and cleared everything, oh noooo.

But unfortunately for him, I'm playing Hunter, so that means I win 100% of the time.

kPFoAd8.jpg?1
    This Priest had a VERY Bad Day.

Bonus: That Secret was Explosive Trap the entire time. I psyched him out into thinking it was Freezing Trap, so he never got to attack with the Blademaster.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    fedaykin666fedaykin666 Registered User regular
    Dibby and his warlock friends are the reason my control priest is too frightened to leave the inn without holy smite, pyro, senjin and sludge belcher.

• Options
    We will never stop doing "having a bad day" pic posts.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    November FifthNovember Fifth Registered User regular
    GvG is out for Arena play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    So the botters miss out on 3 free arena runs then? I like that!
    And what's this about spectator mode? I want to stalk @MNC_Dover

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    Alright I've looked through all the GvG info and... can you say Antonidas + Finicky Cloakfield?! I'll be replacing all my 1 mana activators (mirror images, arcane missiles) and 2 drops with mechs and running Toshley in the 6 slot.

Of course everyone and their grandmother is going to be playing around with spare parts at first so it might be fun to craft this bad boy right away just to annoy people.

• Options
    KambingKambing Registered User regular
    edited December 2014

Oh goddamnit. I was hoping that the rollover would be tomorrow. I have an arena with a mediocre draft waiting at home that is not going to stand up to the new shenanigans. >_<

Kambing on
    @TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    Kambing wrote: »

Oh goddamnit. I was hoping that the rollover would be tomorrow. I have an arena with a mediocre draft waiting at home that is not going to stand up to the new shenanigans. >_<

Seriously? Do you just still get classic card packs? Or do you get new packs and just can't use them in constructed yet?

• Options
    Bloodycow wrote: »
    So the botters miss out on 3 free arena runs then? I like that!
    And what's this about spectator mode? I want to stalk @MNC_Dover

:o

I'm worried about my amazing draft getting railroaded by new card stuff. I hope not....

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    So excited! Hope I don't burn through this 2000 gold too fast, but it will probably be gone by tomorrow.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Dibby and his warlock friends are the reason my control priest is too frightened to leave the inn without holy smite, pyro, senjin and sludge belcher.

To be fair, I normally play slow control decks like Shaman or Ramp Druid. But lately it seems those decks don't do too hot on Ladder.

So I'm playing Hunter/Zoolock just for some fast wins in the meantime. I figure it's a good idea to learn these sorts of decks anyway so I can figure out their strengths and weaknesses.

Also because I like making Priests have a bad day, but yknow whatevs no big deal.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Hahahaha, oh god. I just drafted a warrior deck. First thing, it's really hard to get a cohesive deck with all the new cards. Mech here, deathrattle there. As a warrior it was really hard to get even a weapon.

Second, explosive sheep+charge=explosive shot++

Also I loooove that secret stealing card.

• Options
    ShadowofVTShadowofVT Robot Overlord Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I'll definitely be logging in to get the free run, but it seems like you get more value out of it by waiting to use it until the expansion is live so you can get a GvG pack as a reward.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Ogres go through taunt as advertised

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular

Seriously? Do you just still get classic card packs? Or do you get new packs and just can't use them in constructed yet?

Someone win 12 quick.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Sucks you don't get a new pack. Guess I'll have to wait to use up all this gold. What a tease. :(

• Options
    djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I had fun seeing the new cards in action though. That mage guy who bombs enemies for 4 damage if you have a mech is an arena beast!

djFindus on
  • Options
    Mage is even more OP now. Now instead of just 2 guaranteed flamestrikes to worry about, there are also 2 flamecannons that wreck your early game chances.

• Options
    Well, that was super satisfying. Drafted a Priest deck and got a bunch of new cards. Then this shit happened =)

jq27QiP.jpg

Yeah, I coined to spare part stealth my Cultist so he couldn't get a good trade. Sucks to be him!

8jPYqtd.jpg

What's that? I can trade now and get an 8/8? Don't mind if I do!

SVPKhZN.jpg

Heh, you played a secret. That's cute.

S0Qhrdf.jpg

Mine now!

Suffice to say, I love the new set already and I can't wait to build a deck with ALL THE SPARE PARTS.

• Options
    SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    A gem from reddit:

XhH83wm.png

• Options
    BobbyrrrrBobbyrrrr Registered User regular
    hahahahaha that last one is nice.

This discussion has been closed.