As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    My first Unstable Portal gave me a 5 mana Grom Hellscream
    (tragically i was offered basically no lategame when drafting this deck so i'm 0-2)

What?

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    (tragically i was offered basically no lategame when drafting this deck so i'm 0-2)

What?

Unstable Portal is a Mage card, he got the Grom randomly but didn't draft it.

• 815165815165 Registered User regular
    drafted the world's worst arena deck, only played against mages

went 1-3

got a gadgetzan in the pack though for extra dust

i think i was offered wisp about seven or eight times in that draft and considered taking nearly all of them as they weren't much worse than the bullshit alternatives

• BobbyrrrrBobbyrrrr Registered User regular
    :/ It's nice when you get offered rubbish like that as well as no drivers for card draw.

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I have a Golden Flare - so I can disenchant for 400 dust and then re-enchant a basic for 100 with having 300 left over for whatever the fuck I want. Huzzah!

Edit - Nevermind, 800 dust is what I got! That's two new epics!

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    So is arena free all day today or do you just get the one ticket?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    So is arena free all day today or do you just get the one ticket?

One ticket.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Of my 4 arena matches so far, 3 have been priests...I'm also playing priest. This is frustrating haha.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • CalescentCalescent Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    "All Goblins vs Gnomes cards can be found easily in My Collection using the search function, and all Goblins vs Gnomes cards have a “gear” watermark in the card text box."

according to the patch notes

but I can't see them

You can see them if you click on "show soulbound cards" on the crafting screen.

Steam: Calidaria
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Oooohhhh!! Something new!

When Rag fires now, he screams "DIE!"

Kewl.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Lux782Lux782 Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    So I drafted a Shaman for arena with my free ticket. Oh My God.

(I was given the chance to get hungry crab (x2!) which given my draw I was so tempted to take because combo)

3juln68rbxkc.png

I am very excited.

Lux782 on
  • RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Roz wrote: »

What?

Unstable Portal is a Mage card, he got the Grom randomly but didn't draft it.

oh cool, i thought it was neutral.

• chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    Just got a golden auctioneer. Put me over the 4000 dust mark, so should be able to fill out what I don't get from packs after pouring all my gold into the arena.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    So, there's only four cards that generate spare parts? Clockwork Gnome, Tinkertown Technician, Mechanical Yeti and Toshley? Unless you're a drood, the only class with a spare part generating class card? I thought there were more =/

• FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    Choice between Cenarius, Malorne, and Mekgineer Thermaplug.
    sehdNyM.jpg

Quality decision making.

• SoralinSoralin Registered User regular
    I just had a hilarious game, where it turns out my piloted shredder was piloted by Lorewalker Cho, when we both had quite a few spells in our hands.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Well, if nothing else, the free Arena ticket was a great reminder to me of why I don't play Arena.

If they add a standardized pool or something, maybe I'll give it a go in the future, but right now it's just dumb and there's no balance to it so why even bother.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Calescent wrote: »
    "All Goblins vs Gnomes cards can be found easily in My Collection using the search function, and all Goblins vs Gnomes cards have a “gear” watermark in the card text box."

according to the patch notes

but I can't see them

You can see them if you click on "show soulbound cards" on the crafting screen.

thank you VERY much

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    I drafted a single Bomb Lobber and he's doing so much work you guys

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    okay I forgot about lil exorcist. love the name love the card. very happy.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    okay I forgot about lil exorcist. love the name love the card. very happy.

Yeah adding a few cards that interact with other minions having Deathrattle was a cool idea, since they're so rampant in the current meta.

Although to be honest, Bomb Lobber being a 3/3 for 5 when all is said and done typically means it's getting killed pretty easily.

• KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    I forgot how vastly different arena is from constructed. Thought I'd waltz in and win with my OP P2W skills like I do in constructed. Promptly go 0-3 with hunter. Pulled Illidan, golden Auchenai and an Auctioneer from the pack I got, though. I'm fine with that.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Lux782Lux782 Registered User regular
    So Neptulon is a blast to play. In top deck scenarios which apparently are happening often for me right now, he wins games. Pulled 2 war leaders and 2 raiders, suddenly my board is filled with dudes with +2/+4.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    floating watcher is really good in arena

liEt3nH.png
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Data points: 1st Unstable Portal => King Krush

Killed an opponent's Piloted Shredder => Nat Pagle

Remains to be seen how good a 6-mana King Krush is.

EDIT: 6-mana King Krush is doing work. Three consecutive hits.

Delduwath on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    D9tqA5J.jpg

pictured: lethal

liEt3nH.png
    That Watcher minion is apeshit. He gets out of control SO FAST

Oh hey look @Roz is playing, let's spectate him

6eZlZgE.jpg

• SoralinSoralin Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Although to be honest, Bomb Lobber being a 3/3 for 5 when all is said and done typically means it's getting killed pretty easily.
    Yeah, but compare it to Argent Commander, which is basically 6 mana for a 4/2 that does 4 damage to an enemy. Bomb lobber is 5 mana for a 3/3 that does 4 damage to a random minion. It's basically similar stats, similar ability, for 1 less mana. At the cost of not being able to aim it, or hit the hero with it. But it can hit stealth, or bypass taunt.

• ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Had middling success in arena tonight. Honestly expected it to be a bit easier with all the free suckers wandering in, but it's been staunch.

I had one kooky ass draft where I basically had to take Dark Wispers. Let me tell you, casting the buff on a Druid of the Claw to create a 9/11 bear emergency did some serious work in multiple games.

Also had a single-digit topdecking slugfest against a hunter where I had to play it in 5 1/1 Wisp mode, and by god those little bastards managed to win for me.

Scosglen on
    Part two of the mech(gineer) saga.
    Igwu4RR.jpg

The piloted shredder into doomsayer dream.

edited December 2014
    Data points:
    2nd Unstable Portal => 0-cost Goldshire Footman
    3rd Unstable Portal => 0-cost Harvest Golem
    EDIT: 4th Unstable Portal => 5-cost Foe Reaper 4000

Delduwath on
    Scosglen wrote: »
    I had one kooky ass draft where I basically had to take Dark Wispers. Let me tell you, casting the buff on a Druid of the Claw to create a 9/11 bear emergency did some serious work in multiple games.

str-110910-bear.jpg

Rius wrote: »
    I drafted a single Bomb Lobber and he's doing so much work you guys

It's pretty easy to set up and really strong.

Some other initial impressions from a single run sitting at 6-2:

Jeeves is maybe really good. Just drawing two cards is not difficult at all and that usage makes it reasonable. A key difference between this and stuff like coldlight oracle is that it's not actually symmetrical draw even if you let the opponent use the effect. You always get to use the new cards first since it's an end of turn effect for each player. The way the pacing works out and how easy it is to set up the effect seem to make it pretty reasonable.

Also he won a seven minion brawl he is a hero.

Mech synergy is probably good enough to the point that I would blind pick a lot of them early. There are enough mechs that you will probably get some, and a lot of them are strong enough to likely be the best choice even disregarding the mech tag (mech yeti, spider, harvest golem, piloted shredder).

Madder Bomber

Spectating with the bottom of the game window protruding out behind my browser is not very good because I panic every time I see cards with green borders.

Also you should just be able to spectate an arena run instead of having to rejoin every game.

Next expansion better have Maddest Bomber, or riot.

Mmmm, Unstable Portal Nozdormu, coined out on turn 5.

Let's just say that that game was quick.

Delduwath wrote: »
    Mmmm, Unstable Portal Nozdormu, coined out on turn 5.

Let's just say that that game was quick.

Literally, because each turn takes 15 seconds at most!

:D

This discussion has been closed.