As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Time to fight, Guardians! Prepare yourselves for the Queen's Wrath!

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    I'm already itching to get back in VoG to score some more raid armor.

Does the PS4 alpha team have another scheduled excursion yet?

@optimuszed If I am on and you guys ever need a 6th or whatever and its not super late I am definitely up for some more raid action, it was good fun. I just hate to commit on the raid finder we have set up and then not be able to go due to life getting in the way.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Bladedancer rez is cool in PVE, but on the flip side, it's the least valuable super in all of Destiny in PVE. You cannot use it against bosses, and any tough trash just kills you with explosive spam or melee. Bosses, as I've mentioned before, need a revamp that includes allowing melee / shotguns to do something at some point to them, like the Devil Tank's leg / stun mechanic.
    I agree with this and am curious how difficult it becomes for Bungie to balance the PvP skill (assuming my opinion is in a "justified" majority) without making it all but useless for PvE.

Split out "damage resist PVE" and "damage resist PVP" into two values would fix it. That said, you're not right. You need super armor to use a melee distance super ability.

On the assault rifle nerf - I really want them to nerf the aim kick more than anything, especially over distance.
    Well, that's like, just your opinion man.

The point of my curiosity is how coupled the PvE and PvP actually are. Sure that makes sense but in terms of coding effort it could be a quick patch or a pain in the butt undertaking.

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    So... I just got the bounty for invectus again along with bad juju... DAMN YOU RNG.

#firstworldproblems.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    So... I just got the bounty for invectus again along with bad juju... DAMN YOU RNG.

#firstworldproblems.
    No doubt, I have yet to see an exotic bounty heh.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    So I finally got an exotic from pvping this morning, time and patience, just call me gunny.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    qwer12qwer12 PhilippinesRegistered User regular
    Guys, I'd just like to apologize for not responding to fireteam invites. If I do that, it's probably because it's my brother using my account (he actually plays Destiny more than I do, since he's still in school and has a ton of free time). Sorry!

steam_sig.png

PSN: jrrl_absent
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Preacher just bailed on our Raid team for tonight.

Anyone want to attempt Atheon on the Xbox One? We are one person short and trying to do it right now. Message me on Live if you want in.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Anyone on PS4 wanna do the weekly Nigtfall?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options

Me, Me! I will be on in just a couple minutes!

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    Is there matchmaking on the level 26 strike for Xyor or not? It says there is but every time I queue it just starts w/o ever searching. I'm debating trying to solo it at this point. :\

• Options
    Why doesn't anyone respond to my party invites?! blah!

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular

We have six folks who seem to want to do the night fall. Why don't you also take @programjunkie ?

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    squall99x wrote: »

Me, Me! I will be on in just a couple minutes!

What's your PSN? (Derp. Cross refrenced the roster.)

And we need a third! :D

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Is there matchmaking on the level 26 strike for Xyor or not? It says there is but every time I queue it just starts w/o ever searching. I'm debating trying to solo it at this point. :\

No matchmaking for that quest. It was crazy hard, but I've solo'd it as a level 27 sunsinger with legendary weapons.

I used a static fusion rifle for the knights, and a fire machine gun for wizards. My scout rifle has extra stun/flinch/whatever on it, so I was able to stunlock wizards after breaking their shield. If you get to the boss, you will most likely have to cheese all/part of the fight and back out into the entrance hallway. You "only" have to kill Xyor to finish the quest though, so it might be possible to blitz the boss and throw everything at Xyor when he shows up.

Keep in mind that I did it solo just for a challenge. It's going to be much, much easier with more people.

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    Ratsult2 wrote: »

No matchmaking for that quest. It was crazy hard, but I've solo'd it as a level 27 sunsinger with legendary weapons.

I used a static fusion rifle for the knights, and a fire machine gun for wizards. My scout rifle has extra stun/flinch/whatever on it, so I was able to stunlock wizards after breaking their shield. If you get to the boss, you will most likely have to cheese all/part of the fight and back out into the entrance hallway. You "only" have to kill Xyor to finish the quest though, so it might be possible to blitz the boss and throw everything at Xyor when he shows up.

Keep in mind that I did it solo just for a challenge. It's going to be much, much easier with more people.

Ah, so it's mislabeled on the map...

I have the proper elementals for it but I'm not sure about the time investment of trying to attempt it (level 27 gunslinger hunter)

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    You kind of have to be super ignorant of game development process to think that because some things are on disc/in game that they're complete, held back content. Post release/expansion stuff gets worked on all the time prior to launch because at a certain point the game is finished except for polish and etc and certain teams begin working on other stuff, some of which ends up on disc. You're not being cheated of content or anything like that. It's not something that requires a lot of brain work to piece together but some people just like making really big leaps to whatever the worst conclusion they can come up with, especially if it suits their agenda.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Oh nice, no 200 headshot bounty today.

That shit was retarded, I hope I never fucking see it again.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options

I have the proper elementals for it but I'm not sure about the time investment of trying to attempt it (level 27 gunslinger hunter)

Sorry, I have no idea how long it took me. It might be worth trying to see if you can get through the door unlocking part to see if it's even something you want to attempt. Oh, and make sure to bring ammo packs.

• Options
    Raynaga wrote: »
    I'm halfway through 27 with pretty decent gear and would love to see VoG, but it seems like we have two main groups running it Xbone side and they are pretty set. Is Destinylfg.net about my only option?
    ObiFett wrote: »
    As someone whose never gonna get to raid just let me say I find it really annoying that by all accounts the raid is way more fun than the boring ass strikes and is the only way to get the best gear. It's like Bungie is saying if you can't raid you might as well go fuck yourself.

Why are you never gonna get to Raid?

If you want to Raid, I'm gonna make it my personal mission to find you a group.
    I've been trying to get a group together to attempt it, even filled out that raid doc from earlier, but so far I've found like 2 people on Xbone who are interested and can play when I can, ie late night/ early morning. As it is Tommatt and Raynaga are about the only PA people I even see let alone play with.

I'll send you a message with what days I will be closing (and can therefor play late) so we can keep trying. We're both about capped out for progression without going into VoG, and its shameful we haven't been able to see it.

@‌Raynaga You were totally on and invited when we were looking for a 6th tonight. What was up with that?

• Options

Sorry, I have no idea how long it took me. It might be worth trying to see if you can get through the door unlocking part to see if it's even something you want to attempt. Oh, and make sure to bring ammo packs.

I always carry ammo packs! :P

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    sorry @ObiFett‌ had just started an alt and i don't think my lvl 5 Hunter would've been very good to anyone, especially not in the Vault. :pensive:

and on that note, are Hunters a bit on the fragile side? or is just because i'm lvl 5 doing a mission on the lvl 7 hard difficulty? got my ass thoroughly kicked by the Hive while trying to start the array on Old Russia. :( certainly wont be replacing my Titan as my main any time soon, i know that much.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »

Really? That was easy for me. Then again 40-60% of my kills are headshots.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »

Really? That was easy for me. Then again 40-60% of my kills are headshots.

yeah, precision kills are incredibly easy in this game. shouldn't take long to hit 200 while taking care of other bounties and the daily.

• Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    Woo! First exotic bounty acquired.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options

Looking at my bungie.net history, it looks like it took close to 1 hour. That is with no resets, but 3 self resurrects. It's hard to tell because the queen's missions don't show up, and I did a bunch right after.

• Options
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    sorry @ObiFett‌ had just started an alt and i don't think my lvl 5 Hunter would've been very good to anyone, especially not in the Vault. :pensive:

and on that note, are Hunters a bit on the fragile side? or is just because i'm lvl 5 doing a mission on the lvl 7 hard difficulty? got my ass thoroughly kicked by the Hive while trying to start the array on Old Russia. :( certainly wont be replacing my Titan as my main any time soon, i know that much.

I mean, you could have switched to your main. ;)

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I would blaze through the Queen's PvE bounties and always have like 80-100 headshots to go, and would have to go farm someplace to complete it.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options

Looking at my bungie.net history, it looks like it took close to 1 hour. That is with no resets, but 3 self resurrects. It's hard to tell because the queen's missions don't show up, and I did a bunch right after.

Bleh. Not that interested in a solo slog like that.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    VoG%20Titaned.png

Team Titan (with a little help from our friends) took down the Vault tonight.

Not pictured is @Khildith‌ who was having some issues with being permenantly blinded.

@Squeeze‌ and @DiannaoChong‌ also were part of earlier stages but were unavailable tonight. We'll get them through it yet.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Both of my VoG wins this week ended with me dying before the screenshots! This last one was because I backed through the portal to avoid an exploding harpy, then managed to come back through to witness the kill before the portal blindness and dot killed me.

Grats to you guys, and I managed to walk away with the Chatterwhite shader, let me know if you need backup next week!

Khildith on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Oh and a great big thank you to @ObiFett‌ for the raid sheet.

Can't believe I forgot that in that post. Thanks Khildith for making this not a double post.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    I swear to god I get Phogoth 90% of the time in these "random" strike playlists. I just got it twice in a row!

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    best ironic gamertag...

we're doing Devil's Lair as a 2 person team on the Wolf playlist... we get to Sepiks Prime...he's at his last 10% of HP and then our third player joins. His/Her name: "jesstoolate"

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Is there a listing for all the strike/heroic modifiers, like juggler, nightfall, etc.?

• Options
    Currently walking slowly through first room of nightfall strike solo. Feel free anyone to come join the pain with me

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    It's pretty funny reading the bungie forums for opinions on hunter in pvp.

Half the threads are "NERF THEM THEY ARE OP" the other half is "WHY ARE HUNTERS SO CRAP IN CRUCIBLE?"

And then an enormous amount of idiocy also happens.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Is there a listing for all the strike/heroic modifiers, like juggler, nightfall, etc.?

http://www.destinypedia.com/Modifiers

• Options
    I just want to say that I think the true boss of this nightfall strike is the captain in the first room. Crazy shields, solar auto shotgun and he runs away.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    This week! Verizon says my internet should be fixed as of now, so I'll be able to join groups for PVP and raids!!!

i hope...

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    So while we were exploring we pressed through some walls in the Cosmodrone and uncovered the potential next vault. I have the last 15 mins up on youtube here and we also managed to snag a ghost that was hidden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adAYsAYEJOo&feature=youtu.be

edit: good stuff starts at 5:40

cardboard delusions on
This discussion has been closed.