As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Smash Brothers! DLC CHARACTERS CONFIRMED! MEWTWO SPRING 2015!

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    For real though the Moe concept is fucking gross
    what do you think the moe concept is

Sexualization of innocence for commercial purposes

Yes I know not all Anime is this but at least a significant portion is specifically targeted at that fetish

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I appreciate Smash's commitment to innovative absolute territory including Palutena's asymmetrical variant and Lucina's clothed variant

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    plus that one fish or whatever that shows up in smash run

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Being able to push the stick only halfway in a given direction during a fast paced match is an extremely undervalued skill. I smash when I meant to tilt and dash when I meant to just turn around way too much

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I'm learning how to defend against gimping as Ganondorf, at least for more horizontal recovery

A lot of For Glory players will only try to pursue one time - once they get hit with a Ganoncide they tend to back off

Haven't had opportunity to practice against Marios, though ZSS and Yoshis I can do all right with

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I've been playing this game for 3 weeks now and apparently have never played as Mario, Kirby, Dedede, Falco, ROB, or Mega Man until today

yo kirby and falco are still awesome

that is a relief

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    i'm still not entirely clear on what happened at the end there

i clearly didn't use up a double jump and yet i wasn't able to double jump and by the time i realized what was going on it was too late for the rush coil to get me high enough

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Has anyone else spent too much time getting down the timing of catching the Metal Blade out of mid-air from standing

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    i'm still not entirely clear on what happened at the end there

i clearly didn't use up a double jump and yet i wasn't able to double jump and by the time i realized what was going on it was too late for the rush coil to get me high enough

If I had to guess you were wailing on jump to get out of his 3-hit; it registered between the hits, but not in time to get you out of the way

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    only thing i can think is that maybe i was mashing jump to get out of his jab combo and i technically did a double jump but was immediately caught by another part of the combo

EDIT yup looking closely i can see the little double jump ring appear while i'm getting jabbed

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    EvilCakeEvilCake Richmond VARegistered User regular
    For real though the Moe concept is fucking gross

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsAk-f-p6qc

• Options
    Okay I am having a TON of fun with Falco

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    i loved falco in melee and loved him even more in brawl but i'm kind of worried about him this time
    he doesn't look bad, but it looks like they added a delay to his down air and back air
    and that kind of ruins like 50% of the fun I have with him. i get that his spike was probably a little too good but back airs with a time window make me very sad

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I do appreciate that Rosalinas dress contains the entire Galaxy underneath it.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    It's funny looking at the trophies

And seeing how nintendo made sure that there's nothing but darkness up peach's skirt

Whereas with Amy Rose sega has no qualms about pervs scopin her underwear

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    "Oh nice, two Jigglypuff custom moves. Leaping Rest, nice. And my second one is...Leaping Rest"

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    "Oh nice, two Jigglypuff custom moves. Leaping Rest, nice. And my second one is...Leaping Rest"
    the system to find custom moves suuuuuuuuuuuucks

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options

And seeing how nintendo made sure that there's nothing but darkness up peach's skirt

thanks for verifying, speed racer

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I recently started trying to learn to play lucario real hard the last two days. He's extremely fun and I never would have thought he would be. And somehow I am extremely comfortable with his movement and attack timing.

Plus the situation from that comic is so true and it feels amazing

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    Being able to push the stick only halfway in a given direction during a fast paced match is an extremely undervalued skill. I smash when I meant to tilt and dash when I meant to just turn around way too much

Yeah in brawl I had the c-stick set to do tilts because I never ever had a problem getting smashes to come out but trying to get a tilt out quickly was impossible

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »

thanks for verifying, speed racer
    Speed is an investigative Smash journalist.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Also, please don't zettai ryouki-shame.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Thankfully, I did a Trophy Rush and got two new moves for Jigglypuff, so I feel less cheated now.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

in Melee they modeled everything up Peach and Zelda's skirts.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Man you guys don't even know.

Whats up Rosalina's dress is out of this world

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    I recently started trying to learn to play lucario real hard the last two days. He's extremely fun and I never would have thought he would be. And somehow I am extremely comfortable with his movement and attack timing.

Plus the situation from that comic is so true and it feels amazing
    Matches against Lucario in For Glory are so weird. Everything is going totally fine, and then suddenly super not fine at all, and then I finally get that first KO and usually come back.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    I have had a few mirrors. Lucario vs Lucario ALWAYS goes to the one to get the first KO.

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    I got the Bear Hat!

I'm torn because I'm glad I have it

but at the same time I'm not sure any mii I make will have anything but the bear hat now

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I can't get the hang of Mega Man

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

They don't mention it but I didn't see one Custom move show up in the reward screens from the direct.

The wiiu might have em all from the start.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

They don't mention it but I didn't see one Custom move show up in the reward screens from the direct.

The wiiu might have em all from the start.

Check at 19:16 on the video. There are no fewer than three custom moves in the reward screen.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I can't get the hang of Mega Man

Watching some matches with him on the replay channel taught me a few good tricks, so that's a good place to start.

You can use his Up-b to escape combos like Mario's up tilts or any jab combo.

His back air is fairly strong, so don't be afraid to chase your opponent off the stage and use it as a finishing move. His forward air is easier to hit with but the knockback isn't great.

You should also make extensive use out of his jab and forward tilt. The three shots he fires interrupts players a lot and stops small projectiles. Using his slide attack after shooting usually catches people off guard as well, and shooting does the most knock back if your opponent is right next to you.

:Edit Also when ever you tag someone with a crash bomb most likely they'll either chase you to pass it off, letting you shoot more pellets to stop them, or going for a risky throw. They might shield it, which is when you charge your forward smash to attempt to shield break them or hit them, or they'll try dodging it which doesn't give you many options except for chasing them.

Or they'll reflect it, and god do I hate reflectors.

MetaHybrid on
    3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    B05guzCIYAAOW9C.jpg

• Options
    Wow, Jigglypuff, especially an attack-specced one, is no joke in Smash Run. Her air game eats opponents for lunch. I still want to beat one of those flying skeleton fish, every time I get close I've had to deal with running out of jumps or other enemies distracting me.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    sheik and charizard are becoming my favs

I love ko by bouncing fish

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I love Sheik but I don't really understand her Down+B and don't get much use out of her Side+B

Mario is the strangest character in the game for me

I love love love all of his normals but don't like any of his specials

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    side b is a good zone and can't be reflected, as far as I'm aware

down b is just a great spacing tool that happens to be a baller finisher

• Options
    Oh wait, Sheik's Down B can be a kill move?

I will have to look into that

My big stumbling block for characters is finding their kill moves

I have this problem with Sheik and Zero Suit Samus, also with Duck Hunt Dog but I wouldn't say I'm nearly as good with him as I am with Sheik and ZSS

I most certainly do NOT have that problem with Little Mac, though

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I love Sheik but I don't really understand her Down+B and don't get much use out of her Side+B

Mario is the strangest character in the game for me

I love love love all of his normals but don't like any of his specials

his up b does a lot more knockback on the final hit, can sometimes combo it off dthrow utilt combos

and the cape is never not hilarious

7yh4xczljsym.png
This discussion has been closed.