As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2014: Until next season....

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    What kind of monster drinks from a Lannister cup?

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Rami wrote: »

An imp?

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    Lannisters rule, Starks drool.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I didn't realize so many love game of thrones. I guess I should watch/read that sometime.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    I didn't realize so many love game of thrones. I guess I should watch/read that sometime.

Yes. Yes, you should.

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Damn it, why did I read an article about people stealing dropped off deliveries?

Now I'm paranoid.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Santa struck again with more ominous messages! That I forgot to post last night!

EJf9ykK.png

Is that a terrifying santa head back there in the middle? With a giant open mouth riding the ground with it's beard, a single glowing eye in its hat?

Also this
    h5o6Xap.png
    Doctor who stuff! Score!

http://dwssg.averyniceplace.de/wiki/

It appears to be a cool story telling/dice rolling/choose your own adventure game thing. This will keep me entertained on lunch breaks for a whiiiiile.

Thanks santa! And that picture is still haunting me.

• Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    Giftget.gif

I had a package arrive today!

I sent Tetra to investigate.

ll159dZ.jpg

Tetra says: "I have no idea if this package is safe or not."

LRH3RRF.jpg

Inside was Claymore and Attack on Titan: No Regrets.

ZdBSVxl.jpg

I watched Claymore several years ago but I didn't own it on DVD. I read the regular Attack on Titan series but I hadn't had a chance to read any of the side stories yet.

Thanks @DoctorArch!

Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Santa struck again with more ominous messages! That I forgot to post last night!

EJf9ykK.png

Is that a terrifying santa head back there in the middle? With a giant open mouth riding the ground with it's beard, a single glowing eye in its hat?

Also this
    h5o6Xap.png
    Doctor who stuff! Score!

http://dwssg.averyniceplace.de/wiki/

It appears to be a cool story telling/dice rolling/choose your own adventure game thing. This will keep me entertained on lunch breaks for a whiiiiile.

Thanks santa! And that picture is still haunting me.

And now I want to play with that.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    Giftget.gif

So, I got home and had a package to open. Spoiler for big.
    So first called dog over to investigate. This was bad idea, but I tell you why later.
    Dog%20investigates.jpg?psid=1

She likes opening presents. Dad, open it faster, I want in.
    Cutting%20it%20open.jpg?psid=1

What is this? more wrapping to deal with?
    %283%29%20What%20have%20we%20here.jpg?psid=1

So, you called me over here, where is my present? This isn't fair dad, you were using me for cute pictures.
    %284%29%20Where%20is%20mine.jpg?psid=1

Maybe I can distract her while I grab the loot.
    %285%29%20Trying%20to%20distract%20dog.jpg?psid=1

You don't fool me. This one is mine. I claim it. Ha, I have my feet on it and you can't take it.
    %286%29%20This%20present%20is%20mine.jpg?psid=1
    She did start pawing at the one to. She really wanted it open. That and the bottle shaped one. Food?

Ha, your distracted by your card. Now is my chance. Note the front left paw, it is about to go up and paw at present. she knows how to open them. Guess this is downside of letting her open her own birthday presents.
    %287%29%20Outside%20Card.jpg?psid=1

Yeah, calling her over backfired. Quick, distract with a cookie.
    %289%29%20Distract%20with%20cookie.jpg?psid=1

I got the loot, what is this? Don't open??
    %288%29%20Wait.jpg?psid=1
    Well, I can follow directions. I did say I would wait to open, but my santa knows I got them all.

And who was that masked woman? (I saw woman based on name on return address. Sorry if I got that wrong.)
    %2810%29%20card.jpg?psid=1

cool pin! Pft, humble? We in the steam thread no that if you paid full price for a gift, you over paid!
    Thanks at @xenard‌

It is I the masked woman! The cute pup has won me over and so you may rip open your presents now.

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    xenard wrote: »

It is I the masked woman! The cute pup has won me over and so you may rip open your presents now.

Wait, now you want me to open them? I guess I can if that is what you want. You are Santa after all. . . I'm sure I know the threads answer if I ask them. :P

And this doctor who game posted above. I love your Santa too, I'm now going to waste away many an hour while sitting in a kiosk wondering what to do at work.

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Giftget_zps23212311.gif
    shadowane wrote: »
    I would have warned my santee that a gift was coming but it shipped last night and is arriving today. Crazy Amazon.

So the doorbell just rang leaving my wife and I a little confused due to the current hour, only to find a parcel at our door.
    It's Secret Santa time hooray!
    IMG_7999_zps843c9bf2.jpg
    IMG_8000_zpse95c5b46.jpg

The comics series looks really good, I will definitely read it over the holidays. And thank you very much for the PPG, I've been a long time fan of Craig McCracken, Genndy Tartakovsky and friends.

Sorry for the lack of cat or toddler in the pictures but they were both asleep.

I had to reverse stalk you @shadowane as I only had your real name on the receipt.

Darn I just realized that my santee will have no indication of what the gift he got today is for or from whom, oops.

Handkor on
  • Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    @xenard your card has earned its place on the tree. As all Christmas cards do during this season.

WP_20141211_10_28_25_Pro.jpg?psid=1

Aw I'm on the tree! Thank You!

Wait, now you want me to open them? I guess I can if that is what you want. You are Santa after all. . . I'm sure I know the threads answer if I ask them. :P

And this doctor who game posted above. I love your Santa too, I'm now going to waste away many an hour while sitting in a kiosk wondering what to do at work.

Yeah I thought I could wait for you to open them but I can't. I'm too excited!

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options

Ah ha! I thought that might be the case. Hum... Well my dog sure wanted them open. I don't think I will be able to till later though. I'm at work again, and not sure what is happening when I get off.

• Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    A little birdie has told me that I will be getting 2 parcels from mystery Santa code-name "CaptainPilot"

The fist package arrived today! Should I wait until the second arrives and post all together, or share now?

Let's have a vote!

Snap for now, Crackle for later, Pop for general confusion. I will check when I get a breather from work (about 3am EST D: )

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    My Santee got his presents and said that he'll be posting them soon. Can't wait!

I also got a tracking number from my Santa, and the package is arriving tomorrow.

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    UPS turned my packages over to the post office so... hopefully they'll be delivered tomorrow. UPS why?!

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    On the ninth day of not Christmas my true love gave to me, some more games and a bundle for free. :whistle:

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

One more day on this and the Humble Bundle #3 doesn't even have a single entry.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    A little birdie has told me that I will be getting 2 parcels from mystery Santa code-name "CaptainPilot"

The fist package arrived today! Should I wait until the second arrives and post all together, or share now?

Let's have a vote!

Snap for now, Crackle for later, Pop for general confusion. I will check when I get a breather from work (about 3am EST D: )

General confusion it is! "nvUc3JB.png"

I blame not me.

(I'll do a full post once the other parcel arrives, no worries Santa!)

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    On the ninth day of not Christmas my true love gave to me, some more games and a bundle for free. :whistle:

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

One more day on this and the Humble Bundle #3 doesn't even have a single entry.

To be fair, to enter we need to be part of an invite-only group, so it takes a bit of effort to start putting your name into the hat.

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Giftget.gif

So, I got home and had a package to open. Spoiler for big.
    So first called dog over to investigate. This was bad idea, but I tell you why later.
    Dog%20investigates.jpg?psid=1

She likes opening presents. Dad, open it faster, I want in.
    Cutting%20it%20open.jpg?psid=1

What is this? more wrapping to deal with?
    %283%29%20What%20have%20we%20here.jpg?psid=1

So, you called me over here, where is my present? This isn't fair dad, you were using me for cute pictures.
    %284%29%20Where%20is%20mine.jpg?psid=1

Maybe I can distract her while I grab the loot.
    %285%29%20Trying%20to%20distract%20dog.jpg?psid=1

You don't fool me. This one is mine. I claim it. Ha, I have my feet on it and you can't take it.
    %286%29%20This%20present%20is%20mine.jpg?psid=1
    She did start pawing at the one to. She really wanted it open. That and the bottle shaped one. Food?

Ha, your distracted by your card. Now is my chance. Note the front left paw, it is about to go up and paw at present. she knows how to open them. Guess this is downside of letting her open her own birthday presents.
    %287%29%20Outside%20Card.jpg?psid=1

Yeah, calling her over backfired. Quick, distract with a cookie.
    %289%29%20Distract%20with%20cookie.jpg?psid=1

I got the loot, what is this? Don't open??
    %288%29%20Wait.jpg?psid=1
    Well, I can follow directions. I did say I would wait to open, but my santa knows I got them all.

And who was that masked woman? (I saw woman based on name on return address. Sorry if I got that wrong.)
    %2810%29%20card.jpg?psid=1

cool pin! Pft, humble? We in the steam thread no that if you paid full price for a gift, you over paid!
    Thanks at @xenard‌

Dachshunds RULE!

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Giftget.gif

I know it's not polite to swear at Christmastime but holy shit, you guys.
    First thing's first, we place the gift under the tree:

0tQ4RcM.jpg

Second we read the message Santa has provided and confirm our suspicions that @Imperfect is indeed Santa:

83EqRxw.jpg
    Imperfect wrote: »
    You know, other people have shipped things by Amazon. I bet there's tons of Amazon Secret Santa gifts showing up all over the place right now.
    J'accuse!

Third we are utterly floored by what we find behind the wrapping paper. @Imperfect you are unconscionably generous!

Iz3sGkL.jpg

It's crazy banana pants is what this is.

Fourth we begin to teach Jack about Christmas with a right proper classic:

LDTMXEK.jpg

Fifth we go and fix our Amazon wishlist privacy settings... and then go out and buy some candy, of course!

Thank you very much, @Imperfect. This is just crazy nice. Crazy banana pants nice. Merry Christmas!

To think I could have suspected @shadowane (who I'm sure also gave a very nice gift)!

Now to wait for Santee's gift to properly gestate.

Glad you like it! I'm an avid ebook fan myself, so I couldn't resist aiding in another's addiction.

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Handkor wrote: »
    Giftget_zps23212311.gif
    shadowane wrote: »
    I would have warned my santee that a gift was coming but it shipped last night and is arriving today. Crazy Amazon.

So the doorbell just rang leaving my wife and I a little confused due to the current hour, only to find a parcel at our door.
    It's Secret Santa time hooray!
    IMG_7999_zps843c9bf2.jpg
    IMG_8000_zpse95c5b46.jpg

The comics series looks really good, I will definitely read it over the holidays. And thank you very much for the PPG, I've been a long time fan of Craig McCracken, Genndy Tartakovsky and friends.

Sorry for the lack of cat or toddler in the pictures but they were both asleep.

I had to reverse stalk you @shadowane as I only had your real name on the receipt.

Darn I just realized that my santee will have no indication of what the gift he got today is for or from whom, oops.
    Awesome, I'm glad it all arrived! Sorry I resorted to just Amazon but just to ship a small box to Canada would have been $20 and I wanted to spend that on you instead. I considered getting the first book of Fables, but decided Planetary was a better choice as it's only 4 issues + a side issue if you want to get it. Hope you enjoy everything!

edit: Also great job on the reverse stalking. I didn't actually do that on purpose, I just forgot to sign my forum name. Glad I was easy to find!

shadowane on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »

A Lannister always brews his best.

• Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    A Lannister always pays his bar tab.

• Options
    I'm surprised that set didn't come with a shot glass

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Giftget.gif

I know it's not polite to swear at Christmastime but holy shit, you guys.
    First thing's first, we place the gift under the tree:

0tQ4RcM.jpg

Second we read the message Santa has provided and confirm our suspicions that @Imperfect is indeed Santa:

83EqRxw.jpg
    You know, other people have shipped things by Amazon. I bet there's tons of Amazon Secret Santa gifts showing up all over the place right now.
    J'accuse!

Third we are utterly floored by what we find behind the wrapping paper. @Imperfect you are unconscionably generous!

Iz3sGkL.jpg

It's crazy banana pants is what this is.

Fourth we begin to teach Jack about Christmas with a right proper classic:

LDTMXEK.jpg

Fifth we go and fix our Amazon wishlist privacy settings... and then go out and buy some candy, of course!

Thank you very much, @Imperfect. This is just crazy nice. Crazy banana pants nice. Merry Christmas!

To think I could have suspected @shadowane (who I'm sure also gave a very nice gift)!

Now to wait for Santee's gift to properly gestate.

Glad you like it! I'm an avid ebook fan myself, so I couldn't resist aiding in another's addiction.

What a fantastic gift! Nothing brings me more pleasure than bringing several books with me wherever I want in my tiny Kindle. I've had mine for over 3 years(?) and it still works exactly like day 1.

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Packages received, opening photodocumented. Will post gift get when more awake.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Ok, so I opened them and this is what I got:

WP_20141212_08_56_29_Pro.jpg?psid=1

I also got a easy vhs to dvd connector so I could record all my Dr. Who. I was so happy, but than the software wouldn't install. I went to Best buy where xenard said she bought it, but they refused to help without a receipt. They didn't seem to understand Gift, and Secret Santa. :( I felt like I was treated like a criminal. What do you mean it doesn't work. It has to work. Such an awesome gift and ruined by customer service.

Funny thing, I returned a more expensive item to that store, and bought something back with no hassle. Internet has a lot of people say the exact same thing I got. Thanks again Xenard though.

• Options
    Ok, so I opened them and this is what I got:

WP_20141212_08_56_29_Pro.jpg?psid=1

I also got a easy vhs to dvd connector so I could record all my Dr. Who. I was so happy, but than the software wouldn't install. I went to Best buy where xenard said she bought it, but they refused to help without a receipt. They didn't seem to understand Gift, and Secret Santa. :( I felt like I was treated like a criminal. What do you mean it doesn't work. It has to work. Such an awesome gift and ruined by customer service.

Funny thing, I returned a more expensive item to that store, and bought something back with no hassle. Internet has a lot of people say the exact same thing I got. Thanks again Xenard though.

What kind of monster opens their presents early?

• Options
    One that was told to?

• Options
    You need to tell us what that note says. More deets! MORE DEETS!

• Options
    Ok, so pitchforks down. Best Buy not high on my list right now. I can't install Roxio "Fancy" software, but I installed the drivers, and used OBS and RECORDED DR. WHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    @xenard your card has earned its place on the tree. As all Christmas cards do during this season.

WP_20141211_10_28_25_Pro.jpg?psid=1

Aw I'm on the tree! Thank You!

You need to tell us what that note says. More deets! MORE DEETS!

? ^^ Do you mean that when my Santa told me she wanted me to open them after I said I would wait?

• Options
    No, I mean the big yellow note on the side of the bottle. Also, what is in that bottle? SO MANY QUESTIONS!

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Bottle is Capital City Original Mumbo Sauce.
    A sticky concoction that tastes like a blend of ketchup, hot sauce, and sweet-and-sour-sauce.

It's apparently common in DC for wings and asian food.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    No, I mean the big yellow note on the side of the bottle. Also, what is in that bottle? SO MANY QUESTIONS!
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    A sticky concoction that tastes like a blend of ketchup, hot sauce, and sweet-and-sour-sauce.

"This sauce is basically a staple here in DC"

Sorry, I'm just to excited that I'm

RECORDING DR. WHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I say that yet?

I have a lot of tapes to convert. Mrs. Alure's computer is happily chugging away. Than I need to author my DVD's, I have a program for that. And Yeah!!!!

• Options

"This sauce is basically a staple here in DC"

Sorry, I'm just to excited that I'm

RECORDING DR. WHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I say that yet?

I have a lot of tapes to convert. Mrs. Alure's computer is happily chugging away. Than I need to author my DVD's, I have a program for that. And Yeah!!!!

All the classic episodes?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    All the classic episodes?

Not ALL, but a few.
    Dr%20Who%20Thumb.jpg?psid=1

wish I had more.

• Options
    Nice. I need to go back and catch up on some of the old episodes once I catch up on this season. I started watching them a while back but never continued.

4dm3dwuxq302.png