As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2014: Until next season....

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    it's not real until you find them on social media and conscript their friends and loved ones into terrorizing your target
    Whoa, targeting civilians is against the North Pole Conventions.

Do you want gift escalation?

Let's play Global Thermogiftlear G&T Secret Santa

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Imperfect wrote: »
    I couldn't do Kindle. I don't read enough books as it is, and I feel like having a device for book reading would just end up being a huge waste of money. Right now I only ever read on the train, and even then that's only when my phone battery is dying and I can't listen to podcasts.

I don't have an actual Kindle, just the app on my phone. Dragging around a Kindle would be like dragging around a book - another whole thing to keep track of.

I love my kindle. I take it to work for breaks and to the gym on bike nights. Much more portable than a physical book especially when I'm reading something thick like a Stephen King novel.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    it's not real until you find them on social media and conscript their friends and loved ones into terrorizing your target
    Whoa, targeting civilians is against the North Pole Conventions.

Do you want gift escalation?

Let's play Global Thermonuclear G&T Secret Santa

The only way to win is not to play? No, that doesn't make sense. Doesn't make any sense at all. The only way to win is to get everyone to play.

Nukes! Nukes for everyone! The American Dream! :p

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    They're apparently bringing back Crispy M and Ms.

Do with this info what you will.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular

OH GOD WAIT WHAT

please don't be mistaken

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular

OH GOD WAIT WHAT

please don't be mistaken
    On amazon like Coke did with Surge.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I forgot about surge! It's gonna be a can't stop won't stop Christmas (for your hearts)

• Options
    I dunno. It's got that Yellow 5. I'm pretty sure that kills sperm

steam_sig.png

• Options
    HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    shadowane wrote: »
    Hypatia wrote: »
    Just a quick note for people signing up, I'm copying the data from your posts, so if you were super clever and linked your SteamID or Amazon wishlist and then renamed the link in the forum like this "I'm a link!" then I've tried to catch this but you might want to send me the actual text of the link (e.g., http://amazon.com/wishlist/whatever) just to be sure your Santee gets it (rather than a hint of "I have an Amazon wishlist" with no link or address).
    Do you want us to send you another PM or just make a post about it?

If you could send a PM that would be great, since despite trying to be thorough about keeping up, there's a chance I'll miss it if it's in the thread.

• Options
    HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    You guys are motivating me to make another attempt at dieting, I'm going to start tracking again on MyFitnessPal! :)

Hypatia on
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular

It won't be till January 2015 though.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Lost wrote: »
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    So I'm curious about this whole thing. This is my first full year at PA. The price doesn't seem to much, but I have no idea how you would figure out what someone wants? I'm just curious how all this works. I did read the first post, and skipped to this page.

You hide outside their window and watch them for at least a week.

Then you move into the closet and watch them sleep.

Or you just e-stalk them, either way works.

When stalking a Secret Santee, you make sure to stalk them until you know when they are sleeping, you know when they are awake. And then when you know if they have been bad or good... you are ready.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    A little late to the party, but if my santa could get me some motivation to relose to weight I regained, then that would be just dandy.

• Options
    Schide wrote: »
    A little late to the party, but if my santa could get me some motivation to relose to weight I regained, then that would be just dandy.

Do it for Robert Evans. Do it for Marchie Archie.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »

I never even knew these were a thing.

Tell me they're bringing back taco pizza rolls or 3D doritos and then we'll talk.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    anoffday wrote: »
    YoungFrey wrote: »

I never even knew these were a thing.

Tell me they're bringing back taco pizza rolls or 3D doritos and then we'll talk.

The worst part was them reusing the color scheme for Pretzel M and Ms. My heart has broken several dozen times over the past decade.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    3D doritos

Did we just become best friends?!

YUP!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Schide wrote: »

Do it for Robert Evans. Do it for Marchie Archie.

I have no idea why he would care how much I weigh.

• Options
    3D doritos

Did we just become best friends?!

YUP!

I still think about 3d doritos

• Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    Aaaaannnnd SIGNED UP.

Hope I can give something really neat this year! Gotta make up for missing last.

• Options
    That's just more air in the bag, you rubes.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    That's just more air in the bag, you rubes.

They tasted more real! The flavor extended to our dimension! Or do you hate science?

• Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    Elin wrote: »
    The fallback I tell my Santa every year is that I would love love love to get stuff they're psyched about, too. It's a great way to find out new awesome stuff without having to risk buying it myself!

Do you want books, because that's the way you get books (from me).

PS - I send out a lot of books.

I love books. I'm more of a Kindle reader these days though - less to carry around, always available.

Kindle and Audible here. I'm actually listening to a book right now, Lock In by John Scalzi. I'm downloading The Way of Kings and The Lies of Lock Lamora. I tend to have a book playing while I game, walk, and surf Reddit. Mmmm continuous books.

I thought The Lies of Lock Lamora was pretty great.
    @Nackmatholn I've found that the bunnies love randomly hopping by while I'm reading books and trying to eat them a bit, which I thought was hilarious, but may be an effective way to remove any non-digital books you may have still.

Yeah, the elder bun actually ate the first 6 books in a Kim Harrison's Dead Witch Walking series that I was borrowing from a friend when my roommate let the bunny out, and left the room. At the time, the room was not bunny proofed.

Also of note, I couldn't get through The Lies of Lock Lamora. I tried! I just hit a wall.

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    The fallback I tell my Santa every year is that I would love love love to get stuff they're psyched about, too. It's a great way to find out new awesome stuff without having to risk buying it myself!

I love books. I'm more of a Kindle reader these days though - less to carry around, always available.

Kindle and Audible here. I'm actually listening to a book right now, Lock In by John Scalzi. I'm downloading The Way of Kings and The Lies of Lock Lamora. I tend to have a book playing while I game, walk, and surf Reddit. Mmmm continuous books.

@Nackmatholn I've found that the bunnies love randomly hopping by while I'm reading books and trying to eat them a bit, which I thought was hilarious, but may be an effective way to remove any non-digital books you may have still.

Yeah, the elder bun actually ate the first 6 books in a Kim Harrison's Dead Witch Walking series that I was borrowing from a friend when my roommate let the bunny out, and left the room. At the time, the room was not bunny proofed.

Also of note, I couldn't get through The Lies of Lock Lamora. I tried! I just hit a wall.

I wasn't able to read The Lies of Lock Lamora either BUT I picked up the Audible edition for $4 and I have a history of being able to listen to books I've had trouble reading. I've heard good things about the narrator and I've been taking a lot of long walks.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular

I wasn't able to read The Lies of Lock Lamora either BUT I picked up the Audible edition for $4 and I have a history of being able to listen to books I've had trouble reading. I've heard good things about the narrator and I've been taking a lot of long walks.

I may have to check it out on Audible. I've been listening to the Dresden Files books. James Marsters is a flipping awesome narrator. I'm waiting for a nother "3 for 2 credits" offer, but I'm about to hit my credit cap. I may grab Lock Lamora on Audible. I really want to like it.

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular

I may have to check it out on Audible. I've been listening to the Dresden Files books. James Marsters is a flipping awesome narrator. I'm waiting for a nother "3 for 2 credits" offer, but I'm about to hit my credit cap. I may grab Lock Lamora on Audible. I really want to like it.

I own most of of the books narrated by Wil Wheaton. John Lee narrating Kraken (by China Mieville) is amazing. The BBC Radio Play for Neverwhere (Neil Gaimen) is also on Audible now and it's awesome. Fred Berman reading Divine Misfortune (by A Lee Martinez) is one of my favorite books. Also Helen and Troy's Epic Road Quest read by Kristine Hvam (written by A Lee Martinez) is excellent.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Oh jeez I didn't mention books in my PM!

I love books! I tried out a friend's kindle a while back but there's just something about a physical book that keeps me from getting one.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Oh jeez I didn't mention books in my PM!

I love books! I tried out a friend's kindle a while back but there's just something about a physical book that keeps me from getting one.

I said that too. I insisted that there was nothing quite like reading a real book.

But now, I much prefer to fall asleep and have a kindle hit me in the face than have a 800 page book hit me in the face.

Plus, the kindle keeps my place if I fall asleep while reading!

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I just want what I want every year.

True Love.

• Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »

True Love.

Me too pal. Especially now after a crushing breakup.

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    xenard wrote: »

True Love.

Your Santa should get you a bros night out. Or in. I'd go in, with a marathon session of Smash Bros on the 64. Those are always good times, and distracting.

• Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    Icemopper wrote: »

True Love.

Your Santa should get you a bros night out. Or in. I'd go in, with a marathon session of Smash Bros on the 64. Those are always good times, and distracting.

A marathon of Smash Bros would be awesome! Brightside is that no boyfriend equals more money to spend on my Santee.

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I may have spent a chunk of yesterday buying candy on amazon. Prepare for the a-pocky-lypse.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular

True Love.

Can I join in? I just found out that my breakup a couple months back of a five year relationship may have been following at lest a year of cheating...

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    I recently moved to Austin Texas, so my Santa could use that to get me an appropriate gift like an air conditioner, or a firearm, or a football. Please don't get me a football.

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    I recently moved to Austin Texas, so my Santa could use that to get me an appropriate gift like an air conditioner, or a firearm, or a football. Please don't get me a football.

I shall get you a football air conditioner gun. One end is a gun and the other blows a cooling breeze. Now the problem being that since it's shaped like a football, I don't know which end is which.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular

Ok. I'll just need the names and addresses of all your friends who live nearby. And all the ones who live far away.

Is there room to bury anything in your backyard?

• Options

True Love.

Can I join in? I just found out that my breakup a couple months back of a five year relationship may have been following at lest a year of cheating...

Oof, not cool. Smash bros sounds like the perfect medicine. Or Mario Kart 64.

Basically any classic game on the 64 is what I prescribe for heartache.

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    ok, so Mrs. Alure talked me into doing this. Went like this:
    There they were. Driving down 99 north on the way home from being out. The sky is blue, the farmers market is just closing up for the day.

DyasAlure: So, they are doing a secret Santa thing on the forum I read.

MrsAlure: You should do it.

Yeah, she twisted my arm real hard there.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the call to arms @see317‌ !

I don't know if I can sign up this year guys.