As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SE++ Minecraft: We're Still Here!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    omg new caves and mountains that look good instead of poopy? I'll come back for that

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    They are making the world 64 blocks deeper as well

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    fffffuck yes

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    when's this version/has it come out yet
    1.17 and sometime later this year huh? ok

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    loaded up the snapshot version with the changes and generated a cute little archipelago with a picturesque village on it, dunno if that's new generation or not but it looked nice

aasao3a1udqq.png

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    the mountains don't seem radically different from old extreme hills, maybe a little bit more sheer cliffs showing up, and less making rivers disappear along biome borders because of the extreme height change averaging out the whole river bed above sea level, and more having river border biomes carving out underhangs. So, nice, but not the bigger and more mountain-shaped biomes I was hoping for. Still good changes.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I dont think have touched the mountains yet

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    oh really? ok then hopes raised again
    it's interesting they decided to append the extra 64 layers of depth as negative depth rather than recalibrating the existing altitude numbers up by 64

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I was also flying around in the snapshot... they haven't really added much to the caves yet either. Things like lava or ore don't generate below 0 yet, and they haven't implemented lush caves or stalactites yet.

• Options
    So they completely redid underground gen again

Larger caves are rarer, and there is a new harder stone that shows up at -1 and under

Now all minerals spawn at different rates at different heights. Irons best range is like 42-15

Emerald gets more common the closer you are to world height

diamond gets more common the deeper you go

etc etc

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    They are making the world 64 blocks deeper as well

<insert your mom joke here>

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    So they completely redid underground gen again

Larger caves are rarer, and there is a new harder stone that shows up at -1 and under

Now all minerals spawn at different rates at different heights. Irons best range is like 42-15

Emerald gets more common the closer you are to world height

diamond gets more common the deeper you go

etc etc

They also updated all the ore textures so they are different. I already saw a bunch of color blind folks raving about it.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Nice, seems like another solid update!

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    For some reason I hate the new iron ore texture in particular... I don't know why.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    There is something classic about the old ore textures and the new iron one does the indistinct blob that modded ores use I dislike too. I can't disagree with their decision to make all the ores have different textures for accessibility and of all the ores to keep the classic it's Diamonds.

Been a real long time since ravines were added, and this whole time I wanted them to just add more features like that. Different sort of voids to shape underground spaces. Also adding a layer of rock around underground structures like strongholds so said ravines don't completely destroy them all the time.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    does this update have any of the new world generation algorithm stuff or just adding the new blocks and objects and such? like the new biome styles and caves and such

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    does this update have any of the new world generation algorithm stuff or just adding the new blocks and objects and such? like the new biome styles and caves and such

No worldgen, just blocks. So I don't know if you can even get the blocks outside of creative.

The worldgen stuff is supposedly coming this winter, so I'm holding off till then

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I flew around in creative a bit and I thiiiink I might have seen some new blocks underground through holes in the chunks but not sure

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    So paper has updated to 1.17, would anyone be interested in a new map in the meantime? It looks like there's some new ores and items that can spawn in the world.

I assume another new map would definitely be in order for 1.18 though with the actual new worldgen stuff. Or perhaps keeping the 1.17 map intentionally small and expanding later.

• Options
    I'm going to wait for the actual new worldgen before doing anything, personally

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I'm going to wait for the actual new worldgen before doing anything, personally

They released a datapack that has it. Wireless redstone and the warden are really the only things completely out

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    what's a datapack? that like a snapshot version?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Datapack are essentially vanilla mods. You just plug them in and they work. Only the server needs to run them

They do all kinds of weird shit. I have one that adds a hookshot

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    how'd they get the new worldgen? is it a mod from the actual devs with the in-dev version of the worldgen?
    also where do I get it, I wanna try it out

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Its made by the actual Devs. They called it the Caves and Cliffs Preview. There are a few other out there that also tweak it a bit to be closer to the snapshots

Edit:
    https://youtu.be/1gbrBBzzWis

Im currently playing a CTM map that is using them to add custom gems spells and replacing healing with a Estus Flask

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Actually looking at it the sensors are in, they just dont spawn naturally

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    hmm first thing I notice with the new generation is flooded cave systems, they seem common under water features

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Yeah, we can include the Mojang datapack that adds in the worldgen stuff.

• Options
    What kind of world would we want? I'd love a spawn that is a whole bunch of small/medium islands that we could bridge and boat between.

• Options
    JBCJBC Registered User regular
    Hello everyone! I was sent this way from the Help forum. Been lurking for 15 years or so, but never had a good reason to post until now.

During the pandemic I worked very hard to create a Minecraft W10 adventure map for my kiddos called "Haunted Castle", built to emulate the feeling of old fashioned 8-16 bit adventure games. They played for about 10 minutes and moved on; this was a very typical "Dad" experience. ;) That's ok, I'm happy they have their own passions! But it would be nice for someone else to enjoy the map given how much work it took.

However, before I release it on a map site I would really appreciate a few generous beta testers to give it a run and let me know if any major changes need to made. I find it very hard to test my own designs objectively since I know all the secrets. It's complete and playable. It uses the base game assets and focuses on exploration, with an open world where you travel the countryside and the castle to defeat a great evil and save the world.

If any generous souls are willing to help I would greatly appreciate it. I hope you will be pleasantly surprised. Please let me know, and thank you!

• Options
    New map is up

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Heck yea! Gonna poke around when i get home. Whats the spawn theme this time around?

• Options
    So far its been me an genna living in a massive cavern underground

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Is the server up?

• Options
    Yeah im on it right now

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Weird, I had to re-add it and then it worked just fine. Then I got ganked by zombie kids.

• Options
    Just a heads up, the server has been updated to 1.17.1.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Map reset seems like a good time for me to ask for a server invite.

Been long enough that I forget how you join servers, though. I need someone to give me the address, then I input the address into the "add server" in the multiplayer menu, and that sends you a request to be whitelisted, right?

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    Map reset seems like a good time for me to ask for a server invite.

Been long enough that I forget how you join servers, though. I need someone to give me the address, then I input the address into the "add server" in the multiplayer menu, and that sends you a request to be whitelisted, right?

No, you ask in here to be whitelisted and provide your in-game name

JtgVX0H.png