(no subject)

RedDeliciousRedDelicious Registered User regular
edited April 2018 in Help / Advice Forum
(no message)

RedDelicious on

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    If you're in the US, google wallet (dude you can attach money right to your email!)

There's also paypal.

Maybe even square if you're willing to take the 3% hit per transaction and they can use credit cards.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • RedDeliciousRedDelicious Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    (no message)

RedDelicious on
  • SpiritfireSpiritfire Brookfield, WIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    From a fee perspective, there is no fee as long as the sender either sends from funds out of bank account or from the respective Google Wallet or PayPal Account balance. The fees show up when the sender uses a credit card. Both charge 2.9% of the transaction amount, but PayPal adds 30 cents on top of that fee.

Also noticed that the fee applies to credit and debit cards for PayPal, but only for credit cards through Google Wallet.

Google Wallet (https://support.google.com/wallet/answer/3122600?hl=en)
    Fees
    It's free to send money directly from your bank account, using your Google Wallet Balance, or using a debit card. There's a fee of 2.9% per transaction (minimum $0.30) to send money using a credit card.
    Receiving money, and transferring it to your bank account, is always free regardless of the funding source the sender chooses.

Limits
    For sending money and for money transferred in and out of your Wallet Balance, there's a limit of $10,000 USD per single transaction and a total limit of $50,000 USD per 5 day period.
    There's also a $500 limit per 30 days to add money to your Wallet Balance with a credit/debit card.
    These limits may be subject to change at any time.

PayPal (https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees)
    When paid from PayPal balance or bank account
    Free when sending money inside the US

When paid from Debit/Credit card
    2.9% plus $0.30 per transaction (the sender decides who pays this fee)

Outside the US
    0.5% to 2% fee when fully funded with your bank account or PayPal balance or 3.4% to 3.9% if paying with a credit or debit card

Spiritfire on
    BouwsTRedDeliciousbowen
  • rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    if they send it as gift though paypal does not hit you with a fee

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    I've sent money to my parents a few times with Wallet and it's been super easy.
    Of course they need a Google account.

Echo wrote: »
    Something working on the first try is a source of great suspicion.