As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Gotham] Gotham's brain is a bag full of cats

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    ...welp, this show really is running out of ideas, so they did the biggie.
    Bruce will pretty much be Batman now.

Edit: Wait, this was posted above. Ah well, my point still stands.

I guess there's only so long you can do "Bruce Wayne before he becomes Batman" before you either have to have him be Batman or cancel the show.

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular

I thought Bruce was 10 years old in this show? Did he get hit by the same super-cleavage-growth thing that made it ok for people to lust after 12-year-old Poison Ivy?

sig.gif
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Richy wrote: »

I thought Bruce was 10 years old in this show? Did he get hit by the same super-cleavage-growth thing that made it ok for people to lust after 12-year-old Poison Ivy?

He is 14 or 15 now.

Also Ivy turned out to be pretty good. I think that the backlash against the announcement caused them to rework the character as more of a comedy goofball instead of a seductress.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Ivy still seduces people, but it's usually bracketed by her being a box of hammers.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Get your DVR's ready, season 4 starts tonite.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Go full Year One already.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm down with this season from the word go.

I'm sure it's gonna be dumb, and it took forever and a day to get here, but I am liking where this is going.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

I'm sure it's gonna be dumb, and it took forever and a day to get here, but I am liking where this is going.

Plans must have changed, I remember a few years back the show runner said they were only going to do this in the final episode or something - unless this is the last season?

• Options
    It very well could be the last season. They are absolutely setting up Brucie and his gallery for the long-term at this point.

Or at least it seems like they are. Who knows, Fish could come back next week and take over the city and establish a police state with Harvey or something.

sig.gif
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

Plans must have changed, I remember a few years back the show runner said they were only going to do this in the final episode or something - unless this is the last season?

Pfft. "Plans." Remember when they made a big deal about playing up multiple candidates for The Joker?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options

Pfft. "Plans." Remember when they made a big deal about playing up multiple candidates for The Joker?

Ha ha ha Yeah.

• Options
    I got bored, so I went back to p1 of the thread, and re-watched the trailer for the series.

https://youtu.be/0d1zpt6k5OI

I think they're finally delivering on the promise of that trailer, and it only took what, four seasons?

sig.gif
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I’m catching up on Gotham (into the 7th episode of Season 3).

I love how extremely realistic the series is.
    Actually I love how ridiculous it is. For reals.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Also is it just me or does Gotham have a disproportionate number of exceptionally attractive actors and actresses? I mean, hiring attractive people is obviously just part of the TV biz but it’s a little crazy here.

• Options
    I’m up to ep 14 in S3 and loving it

• Options
    Drez wrote: »
    Also is it just me or does Gotham have a disproportionate number of exceptionally attractive actors and actresses? I mean, hiring attractive people is obviously just part of the TV biz but it’s a little crazy here.

I'd be curious as to what shows you're comparing it too.
    I mean, sure, it's got a lot of attractive actors, but it's got some less attractive (or TV Ugly) characters as well.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    So I'm three episodes into season 3 of Gotham and I think that some sort of Stockholm Syndrome is setting in because It's been...pretty entertaining so far.

I mean, the show is still not good, but this season has been leagues more entertaining than the previous season. The show seems to be really leaning into just how ridiculous it is. Penguin is still the best, Butch and Nigma have been great. The actor they have for Mad Hatter has been really good so far. Bullock is also still as awesome as always.

Gordon is still a moron that is no better of a person than the criminals he catches and in no way can ever become the commissioner you know and love from the comics.

Also, I might be crazy, but Barbara has been all kinds of entertaining this season. They are just going full on crazy with her and I'm kind of loving it.

I need help guys! :(

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options

They do, but they haven't got to CW level attractive casts yet.

• Options
    Current Episode
    Welcome back Barbara. Kind of. The deadpan delivery is spot on for someone that has been electrocuted out of crazy, so like Penguin,
    I too wish to know who is behind her. I also kept wondering if we'd also get Suprise Butch out of it, but alas no.

Also, I am immensely disinterested in the adventures of Midnighter Batman Jr. I liked him on the path to being Batman, but he really doesn't need the proto-Batsuit already.

sig.gif
  • Options

And the stupid secrets just because route.

"Harvey! Why didn't you tell me that in the future I'm killed by Penguin and the only reason you want to marry me is because you want to change the future?!?!"

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I’m finally up to Gotham season 4.

I love how absurdly stupid Ivy is. She is goddamned hilarious.

Drez on
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »

And the stupid secrets just because route.

"Harvey! Why didn't you tell me that in the future I'm killed by Penguin and the only reason you want to marry me is because you want to change the future?!?!"

No DC show is immune to Flashpoint.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    So I've binged Gotham to get up to speed.

The costume people sure don't like bras these days. That's at least two female characters with blouses cut down to their belly buttons, and nary a strap to be seen.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I really dig the guy that plays Hatter. Really legitimately enjoying him.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Current episode
    ...thereee's "Harley". Except she's trying to be Riddler's sidekick. And now also dead. Whoops!

-Sofia Falcone hates shirts. I get it, but I thought Gotham would be cold enough to need one. I guess not.

-Because of course Barbara is banging Ra's. Or whatever that is. Great. Awesome.

-Zsasz might be the secret best character on Gotham.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Current episode
    ...thereee's "Harley". Except she's trying to be Riddler's sidekick. And now also dead. Whoops!

-Sofia Falcone hates shirts. I get it, but I thought Gotham would be cold enough to need one. I guess not.

-Because of course Barbara is banging Ra's. Or whatever that is. Great. Awesome.

-Zsasz might be the secret best character on Gotham.
    Zsasz started off awesome and just got progressively more awesome as time went on. He’s full on amazing by the end of season 3 and all of season 4.

• Options
    Poison Ivy is going through another recast.
    “In the continuing evolution of Poison Ivy's origin story, Ivy Pepper has been transformed once again taking another step toward becoming the Ivy we know from the comics. Dangerous. A live wire of crazy energy. She'll set her sights on Gotham, intent on making the city her own green paradise.”
    "Without saying specifically which ones, I would say it's fair to say that her powers are going to increase and gain in their canonical way. We're not going to go full green, but we are going to transform Ivy in a way that we think the audience won't expect, but that is pushing her along her development to becoming the Ivy that everyone knows from the comic book."

• Options
    RIP Dumb as a Bag of Hammers Ivy.

• Options
    Yeah, rip.

sig.gif
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Frankly the dumb as a bag of hammers schitck helped make the whole little girl suddenly a woman thing less creepy. She was powerful enough to defend herself and stupid enough she simply did not get the whole romance thing which could have gone creepy directions. She was rarely hit on because once people realized how dense she was she was more annoying to them than sexy.

• Options
  • Options
    kaid wrote: »
    Frankly the dumb as a bag of hammers schitck helped make the whole little girl suddenly a woman thing less creepy. She was powerful enough to defend herself and stupid enough she simply did not get the whole romance thing which could have gone creepy directions. She was rarely hit on because once people realized how dense she was she was more annoying to them than sexy.
    Honestly I was surprised to realize that Bag Of Hammers Ivy is actually my favorite Ivy since B:TAS Ivy and Harley teamed up (not that I read the comics; Bombshells Ivy is supposed to be good).

Maggie Geha actually has the right look; I wonder what the real reason for the change is.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    This show is so drawn out.

• Options
    Krathoon wrote: »
    This show is so drawn out.

You don't start with 12-year-old Bruce Wayne and not play the long game.

• Options
    This show kind of forgot that Bruce was doing the porto-batman thing in record time, huh?

At any rate, the Gotham folks are going to do their thing to Metropolis in another prequel series. Apparently the pitch is "kinda like X-Files, only with Lois Lane and Lex Luthor." Wheee!

• Options
    In case you're wondering, Gotham just did a twist on the "who is kid Joker" in the silliest way possible.
    It turns out the Joker isn't that red-headed kid we've seen the last few seasons -- it's his twin brother! That we haven't met until now!

(The article doesn't mention that Jerome doesn't wear the traditional Joker colors, but his twin does, but in different proportions under an orange sport coat.)

Keep on Gothaming, Gotham.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    In case you're wondering, Gotham just did a twist on the "who is kid Joker" in the silliest way possible.
    It turns out the Joker isn't that red-headed kid we've seen the last few seasons -- it's his twin brother! That we haven't met until now!

(The article doesn't mention that Jerome doesn't wear the traditional Joker colors, but his twin does, but in different proportions under an orange sport coat.)

Keep on Gothaming, Gotham.

...Or did they?
    Just saying, Jerome's been dead before. Heck, at this point I'm pretty sure at least half the recurring cast has been dead at least once.
    Death doesn't seem to stick in Gotham. And I'm pretty sure Jerome landed on a car, which in TV terms (at least for Gotham) that may as well be a giant stack of feather pillows topped with whipped cream as far as landing spots go.

Of course, I'm still not ruling out another Proto Joker showing up before the show is done and Wayne puts on the cape.

see317 on
  • Options
  • Options
    So Gotham can use literally every single Batman villain ever up to and including Kite Man* but they can't do Joker?

Ah, WB and your self-defeating fiefdoms. Never change.

*Gotham totally needs to do Kite Man.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    WB: “Gotham, you get one final season to wrap things up.”

Gotham: “Great! We can end it with Bruce finally becoming Batman.”

WB: “Oh, that’s right. You can’t use Batman.”