As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV:ARR] Old thread from last year....

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2014
    Not all of us have pale cats. Mine is pretty brown.

XRCS4Q.jpg

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Tea wrote: »
    People rolling ninja be like:

http://youtu.be/YQTn1QxCZ2s

What am I watching and how can I watch more of it.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    SMTLYR3.jpg

Level 45 Warrior get. Almost at my 4th 50. Got 4/5 relic armor pieces and the SV axe on my second try after a heroic hour long struggle to drag some scatterbrained newbies through their first taste of the Vigil and it's hit like a truck Aevis pats.

Screenshots like this make me sad the FF14 screenshots in PNG format come with a watermark and that Imgur hosts all images as far as I can tell as JPGs regardless, which degrades image quality. I have these and more screenshots saved via Printscreen archiving as PNGs and they look good on my computer but when I host them on Imgur some of the quality is lost in translation. If anyone has a not Imageshack solution that hosts PNGs reliably I would appreciate the tip, or let me know if there is an option on Imgur to host PNGs.

488W936.png
  • Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Isn't there an option for what format your screen shots get saved as?

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    Started up a new character today, got to the point in the main story where you have to start doing dungeons to progress. I think that's enough for today.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    IMHO, the Ice Sprites hit harder than the Avers. The off-room with two Avers and two Ice Sprites is the hardest pack if you don't CC anything. Reason for that is you completely lose a defensive CD (Foresight) against them, they have very high accuracy against you so they pretty much always hit and the Avers will occasionally pause to do their lightning thing which cuts off their damage.

I don't have a problem with having two melee packs at the same time, but a melee pack plus Ice Sprites (Hi there body pull Rie!) is when I go into complete CD cycling mode

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Woot! Ixal rank 2!

• Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    Ahem, so uh, to combat Alethia's wanting to drag Butt Toast all around the FC lot and park it right in major thorough-fares I'd like to propose the following glamour. :)
    Toast gets a little crown, and some much needed covering in sensitive areas....
    l6zwwh7j5e3d.jpg
    and
    jt4a75rw66h1.jpg
    Maybe I should start a cyber-petition?

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Isn't there an option for what format your screen shots get saved as?

Yeah he said it gets watermarked. Right at the start. :)

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    @Corehealer‌ Have you tried using IrfanView to snap your screenshots?

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Screenshots like this make me sad the FF14 screenshots in PNG format come with a watermark and that Imgur hosts all images as far as I can tell as JPGs regardless, which degrades image quality. I have these and more screenshots saved via Printscreen archiving as PNGs and they look good on my computer but when I host them on Imgur some of the quality is lost in translation. If anyone has a not Imageshack solution that hosts PNGs reliably I would appreciate the tip, or let me know if there is an option on Imgur to host PNGs.
    Imgur will keep it as a PNG if it's 1MB or smaller. Anything larger than 1MB gets compressed/converted to JPEG.
    At least that's how it was last time I tried uploading a PNG, don't know if it's changed since then.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Imgur will keep it as a PNG if it's 1MB or smaller. Anything larger than 1MB gets compressed/converted to JPEG.
    At least that's how it was last time I tried uploading a PNG, don't know if it's changed since then.

This answers part of my question. Thanks.

Mainly I want to know if any image hosting services host PNGs. My screen shots are all saved as PNGs on my computer but end up as JPGs when I host them.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »
    @Corehealer‌ Have you tried using IrfanView to snap your screenshots?

No, I use Printscreen, but I'll take a look at it.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    No one really likes doing that because pngs are much more expensive in ovrrhead and bandwidth. Perhaps google drive?

• Options
    Maybe.

Imgur is comparatively easy so I don't know if it's worth the hassle.

488W936.png
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    If the purpose is to share them, it's not really a great idea to inline 4 meg 1080P png files anyway.

• Options
    Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Accuracy outside of Coil is pretty useless. 100% hit in ST, 4 man dungeons, and HM primal with 386 accuracy. For ex primal you need a bit more to get 400.

You need a good weapon (and high enough accuracy) to be good in coil though, and that's one of the places I want to be. I do ST once a week, am doing fine in my occasional Primal EX fights, but I'm really trying to gear for coil. Sounds like the net benefit of a few points into accuracy in coil outweighs the drawbacks of a few less points in other things outside.

A full set of weathered gear + an unweathered ring will put you over accuracy for turns 1-5, a bit over cap for turns 6-7, and right at cap for turns 8-9. Outside of coil your gear is poorly optimized cause that 130 points in accuracy is doing absolutely nothing. This isn't even factoring the set from ST which has so much accuracy you can stand with the tank and swat the boss in turn 9 with your staff.

Hm. This is good to know. Maybe that's the answer then; pick up a few extra pieces of soldiery / ST items (I'm in no rush since a large portion of the FC isn't doing coil yet) and keep as much killing power on my staff as possible. 33 SS / 31 DET / 11 CRIT could be the way to go. I'll give it more thought, thanks!

Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Download Fraps, save screenshots as .bmp and then edit them and save them as high quality jpegs through IrfanView. Keep filesize low as to not annoy the internet while keeping the jpeg-artefacts to an ignorable level.

• Options
    Delzhand wrote: »
    If the purpose is to share them, it's not really a great idea to inline 4 meg 1080P png files anyway.

Yeah.

:(

488W936.png
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular

Huh, I did not know that. I thought it was the screenshot function messing up whenever I look at my uploaded pics. But now that I know IMGUR does that I might as well upload somewhere else for those fancy HQ screenshots.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Can Ixal quests be repeated even after I hit the max rank and complete the storyline? Because it's a nice source of DOH EXP, and I'd ideally like to be able to keep using it whenever my DOH classes need a quick boost.

• Options
    Riokenn wrote: »

Huh, I did not know that. I thought it was the screenshot function messing up whenever I look at my uploaded pics. But now that I know IMGUR does that I might as well upload somewhere else for those fancy HQ screenshots.

If you find a good place, let me know.

I think Imgur does that just because of the sheer volume of images they handle every day. They can't really handle a ton of HQ images of any format and so just reduce everything to a JPG.

488W936.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »

Yeah, I tend to have problems viewing this thread on mobile when people get crazy with screenshots.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Oh and to add to the earlier cat persons all being pale and white skinned, it should be fairly evident that a lot of cat people are like that, but the best ones are brown and, more importantly, blue. And those are the ones that stand out the most and don't just fall into the trap of being too much like your regular run of the mill Hyur but with cat ears, especially in a sea of cat people.

488W936.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, I'm of the mindset that people should always be putting full screenshots in spoiler tags, maybe with a nifty title above the tag so we know whether or not to expand it on mobile devices.

edit - or leaving their screenshots outside the tags for 1-2 days, then putting it in spoilers afterward to keep things clean

Chubby Bunny on

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Oh and to add to the earlier cat persons all being pale and white skinned, it should be fairly evident that a lot of cat people are like that, but the best ones are brown and, more importantly, blue. And those are the ones that stand out the most and don't just fall into the trap of being too much like your regular run of the mill Hyur but with cat ears, especially in a sea of cat people.

Such wisdom and impartiality.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Can Ixal quests be repeated even after I hit the max rank and complete the storyline? Because it's a nice source of DOH EXP, and I'd ideally like to be able to keep using it whenever my DOH classes need a quick boost.

I believe so yes.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I added FFXIV to Steam as a non-Steam game and take all my screenshots there.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Renzo wrote: »

Such wisdom and impartiality.

I aim to please.

Nyan.

488W936.png
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm of the mindset that people should always be putting full screenshots in spoiler tags, maybe with a nifty title above the tag so we know whether or not to expand it on mobile devices.

That's an excellent suggestion....

:: fixes old posts ::

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular

They still load behind the spoilers, for what it is worth.

• Options
    When I post a lot of screenshots at once, I put it in spoilers. When the content of a screenshot or screenshots is spoilery of story stuff, I put it in spoilers.

If it's one or two and they are modest in size I don't spoiler them. And the screenshot thread is the place for when I absolutely have to post all the screenshots out of spoilers.

488W936.png
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    ForceVoid wrote: »

Yeah, but the page won't jump around as much when they load. If you go to the 20th post on a page, and the first post has a ton of full width images not in spoilers, what you're reading is going to be pushed down (possibly out of viewport) when the images do load.

Also, the stuff about blonde haired pale skinned nyans was (it sounded to me) mainly about Tonberry specifically.

• Options
    ForceVoid wrote: »

Yeah, it's not a data thing for me on wifi (or even on LTE really), it's that when they do load, they push whatever I'm trying to read down. The images make the thread MUCH longer and harder to read if that length is constantly changing.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I heard we were talking about how awesome blue is.

• Options
    Yes, I am told that is a thing.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Okay, so my ilvl is now 50. I am stuck on my relic weapon at the chimera fight, since it requires ilvl 54. I have the quest to attune to the crystal for HM Garuda but I haven't done that yet, so I don't know if I can actually do the fight.

So for the moment, I'm thinking I'm stuck with leveling up my GC rank (yay GC hunting logs) and maybe leveling other classes for cross-skills.

Or am I missing something else that I could be doing to improve my MNK?

(I also did my first Duty Roulette last night. The gil reward is very nice- I think I've found out how I'm going to pay for the fruits from the FC now. :D )

• Options
    Yukira wrote: »
    I heard we were talking about how awesome blue is.

Blue is best.

488W936.png
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    @ringswraith‌ make sure to check the market board for ilvl 70 gear too. It's nice filler gear for collecting myth and seals for the i90 gear.

• Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Also @ringswraith‌: this is in the OP if I'm not mistaken, and even if it isn't you want to check it out as the breakdown is nice. Look in major cities for level 50 quests. I think I remember one is in Ul'dah's marketplace, one in Vesper Bay, and more abouts. They are breadcrumb quests to unlock dungeons. Getting clears on those will help you unlock High Level Roulette, Expert Roulette, and in the process you might be able to pick up ilvl 70-80 gear and some myth to buy upgrades. Lots of different things you could be doing all at once to help get that ilvl up.

Edit: figured I should clarify the ilvl 70-80 gear comes in the higher tier dungeons. don't want to set up false expectations.

Papagander on
    “There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
This discussion has been closed.