As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Taking [Chat] to the [Chat]less Until Death: Judge Minty

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Like for reals, I had a breakdown once at my old job on the phone with my mom because I made a really simple mistake that inconvenienced a customer once. I told her I felt so stupid and actually had a fear they paid my teachers to pass me through high school and college because I thought I was that stupid.

my self esteem issues got me like...

mim I want to make sure you believe me so I'm gonna come at this from a weird angle

you're really really dumb

but you passed school and will excel in this job no problem

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Like for reals, I had a breakdown once at my old job on the phone with my mom because I made a really simple mistake that inconvenienced a customer once. I told her I felt so stupid and actually had a fear they paid my teachers to pass me through high school and college because I thought I was that stupid.

Make me some eggs, bacon and coffee.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Ugh, company meeting in 5 more minutes

I just wanna go home :(

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »

man what's with the beheadings

it doesn't seem like an especially effective way of killing people to fetishize

It's effective in the sense that the victim is dead. Human beings can be surprisingly resilient when it comes to being stabbed or shot. The downside is that it's really hard to do cleanly.

I haven't watched the IS beheading videos so I am not sure, but I thought they mainly basically cut the guys throat first because actually properly beheading someone is really hard without the proper tools.

Like a katana made from the finest Japanese steel

Or any other countries mediocre steel.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Job requirements: must be able to even

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    You guys, opinions

does this job seem doable and i'm just freaking out thinking it'll be too hard for no reason or should I begin to prepare to get fired:
    Job Title: General Office Worker (GOW)

Job Purpose: The GOW supports CIS Adjudications functions by providing clerical and administrative support in the processing of N-400 (Application for Naturalization) and I-485 (Application to Register as a Permanent Resident or Adjust Status).

Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Day to day functions):

General Office Workers provide support for the processing of other forms and applications used in the adjudication process.
    GOWs perform all clerical tasks related to preparing for and conducting Naturalization ceremonies, including the preparation and distribution of Naturalization certificates and the retrieval of documentation from applicants.
    GOWs contact applicants to schedule dates and times of interviews and naturalization ceremonies.
    They file copies of naturalization certificates and notices in the appropriate alien file.

Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
    Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested

Minimum Experience, Education and Licensure:
    High School Diploma or equivalent
    U.S. Citizenship
    Should have at least one year’s work experience preferably in an administrative or customer service field. The GOW must be computer literate, be able to enter data at a reasonable rate, express or exchange ideas by the spoken word, and sit or stand for long periods of time. Must qualify for a USCIS security clearance.
    Computer skills required: Computer literate, data entry skills required

Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
    Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and relate well to others
    Ability to show initiative and commitment to the company’s goals
    Ability to readily adapt to changing requirements
    Strong commitment to performing and producing at the highest level of quality at all times
    Ability to manage individual workflow effectively and improve processes when necessary
    Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers both in written and verbal
    communications
    Positive attitude focused on customer satisfaction

Physical Requirements:
    While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; use fingers and hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The GOW must also be able to conduct repetitive body movements, push, reach, stoop and/ or bend and lift up to 45 pounds repetitively at times.
    Work Environment:
    This position is performed in a traditional office environment.

apply now

this is actually the job I start on the 6th. I was just hoping it seemed easy and would be a good first foray into office work.

Oh. In that case, show up for work slightly early, in pressed clean clothes, and dont be retarded.
    You will excel.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

mim I want to make sure you believe me so I'm gonna come at this from a weird angle

*dies*

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    speaking of beheadings

here's the tools of the trade of the skarpretter/mestermann, a profession that has died out in Norway

kildebilde_DSC_0006.JPG

a knife ain't gonna cut it

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Does anyone know a crock pot Indian recipe. Pleasse @ me

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    My excitement that season 4 of Korra is only one week away!!

http://i.imgur.com/BxSW3es.gif

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    mim that shit is full of buzz words

you can look at a white wolf character sheet and not start sobbing openly. You can handle an office job

• Options
    zepherin wrote: »

Make me some eggs, bacon and coffee.

I've only ever made instant coffee.

the rest I can do

• Options
    You guys, opinions

does this job seem doable and i'm just freaking out thinking it'll be too hard for no reason or should I begin to prepare to get fired:

Job Purpose: The GOW supports CIS Adjudications functions by providing clerical and administrative support in the processing of N-400 (Application for Naturalization) and I-485 (Application to Register as a Permanent Resident or Adjust Status).

General Office Workers provide support for the processing of other forms and applications used in the adjudication process.
    GOWs perform all clerical tasks related to preparing for and conducting Naturalization ceremonies, including the preparation and distribution of Naturalization certificates and the retrieval of documentation from applicants.
    GOWs contact applicants to schedule dates and times of interviews and naturalization ceremonies.
    They file copies of naturalization certificates and notices in the appropriate alien file.

U.S. Citizenship
    Should have at least one year’s work experience preferably in an administrative or customer service field. The GOW must be computer literate, be able to enter data at a reasonable rate, express or exchange ideas by the spoken word, and sit or stand for long periods of time. Must qualify for a USCIS security clearance.

Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and relate well to others
    Strong commitment to performing and producing at the highest level of quality at all times
    Ability to manage individual workflow effectively and improve processes when necessary
    Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers both in written and verbal
    communications

Physical Requirements:
    While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; use fingers and hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The GOW must also be able to conduct repetitive body movements, push, reach, stoop and/ or bend and lift up to 45 pounds repetitively at times.
    Work Environment:

apply now

this is actually the job I start on the 6th. I was just hoping it seemed easy and would be a good first foray into office work.
    Is this a GS position or a contractor position?

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Variable wrote: »

*dies*

on the other hand though

you're not dumb at all

and 99.9% of office work is bullshitting and acting like you know what you're doing, then from time to time when the fates align and something goes right, you jump on it before anyone else and claim credit!

then you build up a store of goodwill with your boss to last you through the long hard mediocre months between random successes

Casual on
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

I really should catch up on season 3. Season 2's end seemed like it was gonna be a full on world shake up.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I really like these brass compass bars you glue to the base to show the front 180 degrees.

Only works with bases from that company though - they're flat-edged rather than tilted like nearly all other companies do them.

MnGM6Nx.jpg

• Options
    You guys, opinions

U.S. Citizenship

communications

Physical Requirements:
    Work Environment:

apply now

This is a company that works for the government. So...contractor?

• Options
    "general office worker" is a thing of beauty and gives me an impression that the bullshit quotient of that workplace will be low

calling a spade a spade and not a synergetic soil management system is a good sign

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    "general office worker" is a thing of beauty and gives me an impression that the bullshit quotient of that workplace will be low

calling a spade a spade and not a synergetic soil management system is a good sign

manual soil translocation device

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    you will be crab fab mim!

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »

manual soil translocation device

digitally automated manual soil translocation human interface

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular

Was expecting this

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    I'm so upset I was THIS CLOSE to finally getting to go to the Puerto Rican day parade and then getting it snatched from me by my bad-weave wearing boss.

• Options
    Casual wrote: »
    you will be crab fab mim!

Aw, I do like crab.

• Options
    Bye9josCMAAFS6F.jpg:large

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »

you can look at a white wolf character sheet and not start sobbing openly. You can handle an office job

Sometimes we do things and I'll think "Loser what the fuck do you have me playing."

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    General Office Worker is the most amazingly generic job title I have ever heard.

It's beautiful.

that is why I am hoping it is easy and I'm just being paranoid thinking I'm too dumb to do this stuff.

i've got impostor syndrome and a fear of being really stupid out the ass

You'll be fine.

For reals.

• Options

Sometimes we do things and I'll think "Loser what the fuck do you have me playing."

A game constructed by autistic neckbeards who really like dice

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I have drank some vodka and am on my way to meet a girl. Wish me luck chatbros.

• Options
    You guys, opinions

U.S. Citizenship

communications

Physical Requirements:
    Work Environment:

apply now

Yes contractor. It's an important distinction. For now don't worry, as long as you don't muck about in govie office politics you will be fine.

• Options
    You guys, opinions

U.S. Citizenship

communications

Physical Requirements:
    Work Environment:

apply now

Yes contractor. It's an important distinction. For now don't worry, as long as you don't muck about in govie office politics you will be fine.

What, you mean like gossip and shit? Am I supposed to worry when I get dragged into that?

• Options
    Tav wrote: »
    I have drank some vodka

you are Irish, yes

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    you buy that product, the first day the cat seems to like the box. The cat never uses it ever again and goes out of your way to flop on your keyboard and mosue

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    When I get my medical insurance, I do plan to begin seeing a therapist.

I mean, believing your parents can actually pay off your professors when you get good grades and only believing that you actually earned your bad grades has to be some fucked up self-esteem shit that needs curing.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I have drank some vodka

you are Irish, yes

Shouldn't it have been whiskey?

• Options
    You guys, opinions

U.S. Citizenship

communications

Physical Requirements:
    Work Environment:

apply now

What, you mean like gossip and shit? Am I supposed to worry when I get dragged into that?

don't be dragged into it. It doesn't matter how righteous and just the cause, if there is a problem, and a contractor is involved, you will be replaced because the government people can't be so easily.

• Options
    I mean my parents are broke. They didn't even have money to send me to school so to believe they had some stashed away to pay for As and Bs would be insane.

I think.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular

All the racist jokes you know, in one long spiel

end with "fuck you right in the pussy"

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Jeg ønsker deg lykke og hell på ferden, og håper alle ting i livet faller din vei og er deg til gagn.

Speaking of, I'm bored, Imma go drink.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I have drank some vodka

you are Irish, yes

Shouldn't it have been whiskey?

Irish will spread their proverbial booze legs for any bottle

This discussion has been closed.