flight questions

rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
hey so this may not be the best place for this and if it is not sorry. I am looking to buy plane tickets for a vaca i am taking soon and I figured since a lot of pax people take a plane maybe would be a good place to ask. Is there a sit you use to get the best deal on a plane flight. Also how far in advance do you buy it. Is there a certain site to watch flight prices going up and down. And is there a certain day you try and get you tickets on for the best price

• Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    i usually check on a site like hotwire or whatever to find the best flight, and then go to that actual airline's site to book it. unless southwest flies there, then i usually just book with them.

I think wednesdays are allegedly the best time to buy a flight? i usually try to book 2 months ahead of time at least.

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Kayak has a price tracker, which shows you the general trend of tickets.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
    According to lifehackr, the best time to get plane tickets is 8 weeks out, on a Wednesday, at 1am in the time zone of the carrier's headquarters:

http://lifehacker.com/the-best-time-and-time-of-day-to-book-airline-tickets-1507704370

Everyone knows not to book last minute if it can be helped, but a lot of people don't realize that if you book TOO far in advance you also get a bad deal.

Apparently you also get the best deals booking over the phone.

3DS code: 3007-8077-4055