As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twine with less strings attached?

ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
Howdy friends, I just have a quick question about, well, coding, and figured I'd post here.

Anyway, long story short I've been attempting, very desperately, to switch over from my current tech-support focused gig into something more training oriented, and so far have had some luck writing up really easy to understand documentation, and am now ready to take the next step and build something kind of special.

I want to make an interactive help-guide. I made the entire thing in twine, but because the registers we use in the stores I support are from...1923 they're out of date, web-browser wise. So my question is, is there a software like Twine that outputs into an HTML format that will on pretty much anything? iOS web browsers, IE5, etc etc? Ideally I'd want this HTML document to run on a NES if I could.

I don't really have a lot of resources available to me, as most of the response I've gotten has been "tell me when it's finished and works on everything" - which sounds like a blow off, but I do love a challenge.

As far as coding goes I know a bit of QBasic, and can flow chart like a mofo! Suggestions? Free is good!