As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fresh (1994) starring Samuel L. [chat]

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Unless you are literally indistinguishable from a bear.

Then it might be time for personal grooming.

no that does not describe me

thankfully

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    ell is interesting and i'm actually writing about it for work stuff

for one, they took a little less than half a million from venture capitalists, which means they plan to sell down the line

they also have some odd clauses in their privacy policy that they won't share your data with another company unless they partner with them

i can't think of any businesses with long term viability that doesn't have partners

tl dr ello is going to fail but i have invite codes if you want

So, my baby brother posted about ello on FB the other day, I have no idea what it is...please inform.
    I'm interested in trying ello but I hear they want you to pay for privacy.
    Nobody knows.

There are no privacy features in the software yet, though they will be added soon and are on the top of the list of coming features.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    (is my first time playing dat song, doing it by sight)

((but also everyone knows dat song so is fine))

(((the bit at 2:13 is crayzee fun to play)))

Oh brilliant
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    ello will be gone within weeks. There isn't any desire for facebook replacement. People aren't using facebook less because they want a replacement, they're using it less because they're sick of the entire fucking medium.

There is zero necessity for ello. It will survive in SF, Seattle and NY for a short amount of time and then everyone will forget about it because who gives a fuck

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Ello is clearly some kind of scam.

Though I'm not sure if it's the users or potential buyers who are going to be scammed.

Probably both.

It's not a scam so much as the manifesto and the reality of the site are a little maligned.

• a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Holy shit you can finally CTRL+V to paste into the Command Prompt in Win10.

Day 1 purchase.

a5ehren on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    If your man looks like a child if he shaves his chest and pits, perhaps it's not everyone else who's got the pedo taste.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    ello will be gone within weeks. There isn't any desire for facebook replacement. People aren't using facebook less because they want a replacement, they're using it less because they're sick of the entire fucking medium.

There is zero necessity for ello. It will survive in SF, Seattle and NY for a short amount of time and then everyone will forget about it because who gives a fuck

I would disagree that there isn't a desire for a FB replacement. The amount of buzz ello is generating is significant, all things considered.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    Holy shit you can finally CRTL+V to paste into the Command Prompt in Win10.

Day 1 purchase.

About fucking time. I assume in return all of the various widgets in the control panel will be completely renamed, organized and have new icons.

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Seven eight nine so MS has to go with ten as a result of seven's violence.

• ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    We have a big 54" touch screen for tradeshows. The first thing everyone does is open MS Paint.

is it a tv style one or is it one of the pixelsense table machines microsoft used to call surface?

because I always thought those were really cool and had potential for some interesting business/gaming applications

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Leitner wrote: »
    If your man looks like a child if he shaves his chest and pits, perhaps it's not everyone else who's got the pedo taste.

*looks at anime av*

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

Facebook has been pretty egregiously bad over the past few months.

There is a noticeable exodus of fringe groups (LGBT, artists, etc) who are heading to ello at a rate of nearly a million a day.

It may end up more successful than google plus if they can figure out how to make money.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Or perhaps both people are adults so no one is a pedo in this scenario just consenting adults who like a different appearance.

Maybe.

Can't be sure.

Just a thought.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    We have a big 54" touch screen for tradeshows. The first thing everyone does is open MS Paint.

is it a tv style one or is it one of the pixelsense table machines microsoft used to call surface?

because I always thought those were really cool and had potential for some interesting business/gaming applications

TV ones.

• Belasco32Belasco32 Registered User regular

Maybe, I have an active hate for FB because of privacy stuff and the inability to shield my kids from bullshit on there, yet our church and both of our sons' schools expect us to use FB to get pertinent information. It's also hard to leave FB because of the people I'm connected to on there with no other way of being connected to them because of their circumstances (you can get on FB from a homeless shelter, but you may not be able to keep your friends' contact information reliably).

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    Steve Aoki's attorney has issued a Cease & Desist to the satire site wundergroundmusic.com for not-selling this tshirt which does not actually exist.

ask-me-about-my-shit-dj-AOKI.jpg

http://wundergroundmusic.com/real-news-steve-aoki-to-sue-wunderground-issues-cease-desist/

dem abs

that is my goal

:winky:

see this is all i want

for all the ladies to be all :winky: as i walk by

is that so much to ask?

I want this too. Stupid young pretty college kids all around me.

you are young!

and pretty!

That's sweet of you to say to an old crone like me.

*cough*

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Nothing wrong with liking shaved pits either. Sometimes you wanna nuzzle someone without getting a faceful of hair.

Day 1 purchase.

Wait, you still couldn't do that in windows?

I've been cmd-v pasting into terminal for years now.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I fucking hate facebook so much that I'd be willing to give ello a shot. All I want is to talk to people, read status updates, and share photos. If it does those things without friction, I am in.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

I would disagree that there isn't a desire for a FB replacement. The amount of buzz ello is generating is significant, all things considered.

Right - plenty of people want the utility of Facebook (easy to find new acquaintances, schedule events, share pics) but dislike the egregious privacy invasion and commodification.

• ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

There is a noticeable exodus of fringe groups (LGBT, artists, etc) who are heading to ello at a rate of nearly a million a day.

It may end up more successful than google plus if they can figure out how to make money.

I wanted google plus to be neat but they made crap decisions

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    There was a Windows 9? Everyone was getting used to 8.1.

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod

Day 1 purchase.

is the system variable interface still conveniently located at Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings > Environment Variables > Hey Each Field Is Like 20 Characters Long And The Window Is Not Resizeable Fuck This Shit

Wqdwp8l.png
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

Or perhaps both people are adults so no one is a pedo in this scenario just consenting adults who like a different appearance.

Maybe.

Can't be sure.

Just a thought.
    If you like people who look prepubescent, that raises questions about what you think of people who are actually prepubescent.

The situation is pretty much this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQcNYb3DydA

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Unless you are literally indistinguishable from a bear.

Then it might be time for personal grooming.

Oh, I see how it is!

(Alright, I'm not actually that bad. I'm fair-haired for one, which downplays the hair severity >_> )

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    i'm starting up a club called "Our Parents Wouldn't Let Us Play Barbie"
    Founders TTODewback and "Blameless Cleric"‌ .
    Applications are now open.

Please circle on the form which brands of doll you spitefully played with at other people's houses

-MyScene
    -Bratz
    -Polly Pocket
    -Etc.

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Oh sweet the Korra game is coming out on PC.

I guess I'm holding off on getting Wasteland 2 for a bit longer than, need that cash for Korra.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    not sure about the waxed chest though

do women really like that?

Like most things, that depends on the lady.

Some ladies do not like body hair.

Some ladies do.

Same way dudes have preferences on that kind of stuff.

Ladies.....are like men?

They have thoughts?

Preferences?

Are they people?

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I'll take an Ello invite, if anyone has one.

anyone who wants to give ello a shot can pm me their email address

it's invite only and i have launch codes

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I watched this Nintendo 64 retrospective last night. It hit me right in my old feels. I did spend time in the library reading Ocarina of Time previews online. I did play 4-player Goldeneye.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/09/29/game-scoop-317-happy-birthday-n64

emnmnme on
    TTODewback wrote: »
    i'm starting up a club called "Our Parents Wouldn't Let Us Play Barbie"
    Founders TTODewback and "Blameless Cleric"‌ .
    Applications are now open.

Please circle on the form which brands of doll you spitefully played with at other people's houses

-MyScene
    -Bratz
    -Polly Pocket
    -Etc.

Polly Pocket was great

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod

lol faint praise indeed

Wqdwp8l.png

Day 1 purchase.

You have to right click on the border and select paste. Or you could write a script to capture and handle it.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

Day 1 purchase.

You couldn't. cmd.exe was a heap of shit. Windows has a lot of features that power users touch every day that feel like they're straight out of 1994. Just look at the environment variable management panel.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I am not a fan of body hair, but some people are. No point in shaving or not shaving if it is just to impress.

• iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular

Day 1 purchase.

The Windows command-prompt is (IMO) inexcusably out of date. Which is why they gave us Powershell... but then they went "well why don't we host powershell in the same cmdhost as cmd.exe, that way we'll stick everyone with the fuckmuppetry that they already have to deal with but they'll have cool new commands!"

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    I like guys without hair.

I also like guys with body hair. It's not that big of a deal.

On the body hair topic.

My underarms have been pretty much reclaimed by nature at this point. I would like to state for the record that this is the most comfortable I have been moving my arms basically ever.

Underarm hair is the best.

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Nothing wrong with liking shaved pits either. Sometimes you wanna nuzzle someone without getting a faceful of hair.

plus i wouldn't say people who lose the body hair are trying to make themselves look like children

some guys are gender queer and enjoy having a feminine appearance

some girls just like the feel of no hair

it's personal preference

This discussion has been closed.