As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] So much fun you could burst a blood vessel

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I gotta say I really like the championship Shyv splash. If she were a more interesting champion I would gladly pick it up.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Yeah, that is a really cool splash

• Options
    psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    Hey guys, I am totally new to LOL and looking to learn. Read the OP. Anyone want to friend me for some low-level games? I am psyck0MD ingame.

Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    That Kog splash feels like it's for a VU that they forgot to put out. I mean, it looks good and all, but only bears a passing resemblance to Kog's in-game model.

only because it's so dark compared to his model

they might darken it when they do the texture update for the rift i guess

Maybe Kog isn't really from teh void, and in stead is Darkin

• Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    Joe K wrote: »
    Sprout wrote: »
    That Kog splash feels like it's for a VU that they forgot to put out. I mean, it looks good and all, but only bears a passing resemblance to Kog's in-game model.

only because it's so dark compared to his model

they might darken it when they do the texture update for the rift i guess

Maybe Kog isn't really from teh void, and in stead is Darkin

Please don't give them any ideas, it's bad enough as is.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    maybe kog is what happens when a yordle enters the void

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Riot Korea keeping dat hype train rolling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s3NHMFbHFg

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Looks like they changed the way pentakills work, the timer now persists through death and revive.

so i got my first official penta :)

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1565547513/35077417

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    New Tales of Valoran:

zueZSPE.png

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    New Soraka is really fun! But she seems to fall off late...

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »

Is the lisp intentional? Because they really should have had someone else sing it if Loco really has one.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    dextermijitdextermijit Registered User regular
    So how do you guys level soraka now?

I've become a big fan of her since the rework, but I'm not sure about the skill order. I've been Maxing W if my adc gets poked a lot, and E otherwise. Is Q even worth grabbing more than one point into until maxing it last? The damage and utility is nothing compared to E and has the same mana cost.

I've been running coin on her, but have thought about going frost dagger for the mana regen and extra poke.

• Options
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »

Is the lisp intentional? Because they really should have had someone else sing it if Loco really has one.
    I'm not sure how to parse that. I mean, everyone knows that Loco has a lisp and this guy's lisp is almost certainly intentional because of that.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    So did they buff Yi or something recently that I missed?

Because seeing him a ton lately, and he always wrecks house when he's on the enemy team.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    no your elo's just lower

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Seraph showing off the English he learned from the rest of CLG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k-lrMAs1YI

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I still think Evelynn's a displaced Abyssal Exalt.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Kay wrote: »

THE NEVERBORN SHALL END ALL LIFE

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    psyck0 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I am totally new to LOL and looking to learn. Read the OP. Anyone want to friend me for some low-level games? I am psyck0MD ingame.

Add which server you are on ;)

And as for low level games I suggest just spam bot games until you are at least 15 or play with 4 friends cause low levels games are like the most toxic thing ever!

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    New Soraka is really fun! But she seems to fall off late...

Not nearly as much as before

she's no lulu endgame, but her wish and silence are amazing at every stage of the game

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Oh! OH OH!

I was playing a couple of bot games with new players (friends! yay friends!)

AND THERE ARE BOTS ON SUMMONER'S RIFT! XD

Oh my god it's hilarious.

They all ran Heal/Ghost, USUALLY had a two-word noun-noun name (but one had some ridiculous collection of syllables made to look vaguely fantasy/anime ish), and walked into lane with zero items each time.

And then they'd buy a lot of wards. And pots. And then random things. Some stopped putting points into skills as soon as they hit 6, while others continued. They'd just walk into lane and auto stuff.

SOMETIMES they'd said 'mid' or whatever in the pre-game chat, then not say anything at all for the rest of the game. Bizarre!

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Oh! OH OH!

They all ran Heal/Ghost, USUALLY had a two-word noun-noun name (but one had some ridiculous collection of syllables made to look vaguely fantasy/anime ish), and walked into lane with zero items each time.

And then they'd buy a lot of wards. And pots. And then random things. Some stopped putting points into skills as soon as they hit 6, while others continued. They'd just walk into lane and auto stuff.

SOMETIMES they'd said 'mid' or whatever in the pre-game chat, then not say anything at all for the rest of the game. Bizarre!

it begins

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Oh! OH OH!

it begins

Riot has announced a new feature, in order to queue up to ranked games you must complete a captcha and pass a Voight-Kampf test.

• Options
    no your elo's just lower

Or, it's the end of season and people are pulling out their favorite cheese comps.

Kindof like my history is full of Corki and Zombie Karthus. If you're going to PTW, now's the time.

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    no your elo's just lower

Or, it's the end of season and people are pulling out their favorite cheese comps.

Kindof like my history is full of Corki and Zombie Karthus. If you're going to PTW, now's the time.

I'm bronze 1. I think my goal is just to get to silver, but I'm not sure that's possible.

Going to try though! (Damn you wow for getting your hooks back into me.)

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    let us reflect on just how cruel a word 'lisp' is

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    no your elo's just lower

Ffffffuuuuuu

I'm in Silver 4 again. No chance of getting to Gold before season's over now. Boo.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Season end is nov isn't it?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    She's not even vaguely kill-y enough.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Yeah.

With the teams I've been put on and the dumb, no-reason-for-it connection problems I've been having, I think I'm just going to shoot Silver 3 so I can go 8/10 in my placements and get put in Silver4 again next season.

Extreaminatus on
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Apparently this week my father-in-law scored major points with his recalcitrant teenage cancer patient by identifying the game he was playing on his laptop all the time as League. (Of course, he then had to admit that he didn't know much about the game other than the fact that his son and his daughter-in-law are obsessed with it, but still).

I'm 55 LP at Silver 1 right now. I can probably make it to Gold; just have to play reasonably. I'm so annoyed that for my first game yesterday, I got dc'ed for the first 8 levels...

Also re: Soraka, I max her Q first and E last, because Q is spammable and returns health, and also is essentially the same amount of damage (because usually they do not stand in the circle for both charges of E, nor do they end up in the center of Q. As I aim them, anyway). Maybe I should do E?

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    So you can now pay for college by being really good at LoL: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/55703864#h4

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I haven't ran into one of the jungle tunnel vision junglers in a while. Sure I understand farming FF but this Udyr from last night.

"Just don't die til I hit level 18"

He says as he jungles while the enemy team is in our base taking an inhibitor.

To his credit I don't think he had a single death when we lost and he did have the most CS/highest level.

But what the hell. Doesn't help much if you never join a team fight or take a tower.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Playing Taric on one of my alt accounts feels soooo right.

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    SpoonySpoony Registered User regular
    Raslin wrote: »

I don't think that should be a surprise to anybody. Having popular players do a split or a season as a coach seems like a good way to retire them without incurring too much ire from fans.

• Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Oh! OH OH!

it begins

Riot has announced a new feature, in order to queue up to ranked games you must complete a captcha and pass a Voight-Kampf test.

You're Volibear walking through top lane, and all of a sudden you look at the minimap and see Rammus rolling towards you. You flip Rammus over your head. Rammus taunts you, but nothing he does helps him, because you're Volibear. He's trying to beat you, but he can't, not without your help. But you're not helping, why is that?

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    Spoony wrote: »
    Raslin wrote: »

I don't think that should be a surprise to anybody. Having popular players do a split or a season as a coach seems like a good way to retire them without incurring too much ire from fans.

So I guess the question now is will he coach for another team or go do casting work for Riot?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    let us reflect on just how cruel a word 'lisp' is

thith ith a good potht

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.