The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[MMA]"Who's knocking on my door like the police?"

• ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular

i wonder how much these guys are worried about the new testing

lombards legs look like a bad photoshop

"...and in this time elapsed photo, we can see how quad muscles and tans evolve over time."

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    Siver vs Rosa was a great fight, tons of really action packed ground game and some nice kicks standing up. Worth a watch.

Peter Ebel
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    If you're looking for the gem in the mud in the Sweden prelims, it's Siver vs Rosa. Dang.

Fuck off and die.
  • SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    I know that feeling only too well.

Fuck off and die.
    From last night's Battlegrounds MMA show.

Jeremy Botter (@jeremybotter)
    10/3/14, 10:55 PM
    Chael: “I was always afraid of needles. Or at least ones with ink in them.” Chael Sonnen you are the king.

Marc Raimondi (@marc_raimondi)
    10/3/14, 10:55 PM
    Chael Sonnen is poking fun at his own performance-enhancing drug usage. This is fantastic.

MiddleEasy (@MiddleEasy)
    10/3/14, 10:54 PM
    Chael Sonnen on tattoos: "I was always afraid of needles or at least ones with ink in them."

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    So, uh, Josh Burkman is back in the UFC.

His first fight back will be against #6 ranked Hector Lombard.

wha

Honestly, I'm thinking the UFC wants to Lombard pass a drug test before they give him a fight that matters again.

Fuck off and die.
  • [Tycho?][Tycho?] Registered User regular
    For the Halifax fights later on today, does anybody know how to watch them in Canada? Are they only on Sportsnet, or does FightPass show them as well?

mvaYcgc.jpg
  • [Tycho?][Tycho?] Registered User regular
    Sparvy wrote: »
    youtu.be/QSFRqC2C8MI

Gracie challenge style deal at a 10th planet in Alabama. Amazing submission at the end, never seen that one before.

The gogoplata?

Nick Diaz did one of those on Gomi once, the only time I have seen it in a big fight.

The submission is at ~10min

No gogoplatas have ever been pulled off in the UFC. [/trivia]

mvaYcgc.jpg
    Feeling a very Scandinavian sort of Schadenfreude tonight.

Fuck off and die.
    [Tycho?] wrote: »
    For the Halifax fights later on today, does anybody know how to watch them in Canada? Are they only on Sportsnet, or does FightPass show them as well?

I obviously don't know, but if it's shown on TV, it's usually blacked out on fightpass in that country.

Fuck off and die.
    Gunni's up.

Fuck off and die.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    two cards in one day wait what

steam_sig.png
  • molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    today is a good day if you like first round stoppages. i think we're up to 7 now

battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
  • B:LB:L Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    2cards2furious

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • BuchoBucho One careful pwner Registered User regular
    Welp, we found Gunni's level. He's clearly talented but he has plenty of work to do if he's going to make any noise in the division. Or maybe the problem was he's in the wrong division? I don't know. If he wasn't fast enough to deal with Story he'll have even more trouble at 155.

• TehSpectreTehSpectre @PixelateJake on TwitterRegistered User regular
    Ugh, baseball went over and it's taking forever. Gimme my MMA!

Sloth_Sig.png
    This baseball game is 2 hours and 15 minutes over. Ffffuuuu

Sloth_Sig.png
    3 1/2 hours over now.

They moved the main card to FX.

Sloth_Sig.png
    edited October 2014
    So, uh, Josh Burkman is back in the UFC.

His first fight back will be against #6 ranked Hector Lombard.

wha

"Get to" fight Hector Lombard should probably be "get fed to" Hector Lombard.

Bucho on
  • LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    3 1/2 hours over now.

They moved the main card to FX.

Dammit... this is why I didn't get my Archer reruns...

steam_sig.png
    I'm still bummed Gunni lost, but Rick fought a great fight. Leg kicks to stop the movement, punishing body shots when Gunni engaged the clinch. I'd be fucking thrilled if it happened to someone else. And that commentary was insanely biased. Rick arguably took every round and that one 10-8 round one of the judge gave out wasn't farfetched either.

Fuck off and die.
    I thought the same thing. There should be more judges giving 10-8s to reflect the true dynamic of the fight.

• peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    let's just try and get the judges to at least agree on who wins the fights first :P

• Chessboxing909Chessboxing909 Registered User regular
    Xbox live gamer tag--- Poltergeist909
    I AM BULKY BULKOLISIS.

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

-Pedro Sauer BJJ mad scientist-
    -10th planet BJJ Freakshow Ronin-
    edited October 2014
    ChillyWilly on
    Dan Hardy wants a few more fights and he wants to do it at lightweight.

Talking about coming back next year and how much he hates Diego Sanchez as a fighter.

Fuck off and die.
    The guys over at UFC Fight Pass released some interesting stats about the most searched fighters, fights and complete cards. Dana seems to be correct about McGregor being a needle mover among MMA fans.

http://www.bjpenn.com/fight-pass-stats-revealed-conor-mcgregor-jon-jones-biggest-draws/

Russian MMA tag team match.

Absolutely doesn't end the way you think it will.

Spectrum
    I realize that BJJ is about skill over size. I also realize this is the Absolutes, where they don't care about the weight of the competitors.

But this just seems wrong.

CampySpectrum
    rory getting the winner of hedricks lawler for the title

im really excited

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    rory getting the winner of hedricks lawler for the title

im really excited

from the first time i saw him fight however many years ago, i was certain he'd be fighting for the title someday. really glad to see him getting his shot!

DasUberEdward
    I realize that BJJ is about skill over size. I also realize this is the Absolutes, where they don't care about the weight of the competitors.

But this just seems wrong.

Size doesn't matter and if she had used techniques that had passed through the Helio Gracie filter she would have had that. Also Gabi Garcia's technique is beautiful.

I AM BULKY BULKOLISIS.

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

That girl did not skip dinner.

Fuck off and die.
    DasUberEdward
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    That girl did not skip dinner.

Yeah there's no way she's missed a testosterone injection meal in her life.

I AM BULKY BULKOLISIS.

holm has her first opponent raquel pennington for 181 in dec

dunno anything about raquel but i like holms striking and curious to see if her tdd and ground skills have improved