As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TECH THREAD] Fridge, Dishwasher, Stove and Washer/Dryer talk ONLY, please

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Phone left front, wallet/keys right front. Never liked having anything in the back pocket, makes sitting weird and also pickpockets.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    phone front left, keys front right, wallet rear right, and also I don't keep a ton of extra useless shit in my wallet so it's pretty slim and don't even notice it when I sit down

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Left front, wallet (machine era brass slim wallet) right pocket cash, keys on belt loop thanks to fancy kickstarter keychain, phone in back right pocket.

I should take a photo of my jeans.

Why is your cash not in your wallet?

Also for me it's phone in front right pocket, pocket knife in front left, keys hanging from belt loop, wallet in back right.
    Fake edit: wait, I no longer carry my keys on one big loop thing, I just keep the one car key in the pocket with my knife and the rest of my keys stay at home.

8DsIOBj.png

It can do cash but I mostly keep cards, insurance card, and ID in it

phSzfcZ.png

Hooks to a belt loop and has a build in bottle opener

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    @LuvTheMonkey‌ @AtomicTofu thanks guys, imagemagick worked like a charm

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Hrm. Looking into it, you have to both turn in your old phone and buy a T-Mobile phone for them to pay your EFT? Anyone had any experience with this? I don't have a problem turning in my S3, but I want to use a Oneplus One, not buy another phone from them.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    LuvTheMonkey‌ AtomicTofu thanks guys, imagemagick worked like a charm

It's a great package. There's language bindings for everything under the sun too (even Ada.....) so integration at that level is possible too.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Left front, wallet (machine era brass slim wallet) right pocket cash, keys on belt loop thanks to fancy kickstarter keychain, phone in back right pocket.

I should take a photo of my jeans.

Why is your cash not in your wallet?

Also for me it's phone in front right pocket, pocket knife in front left, keys hanging from belt loop, wallet in back right.
    Fake edit: wait, I no longer carry my keys on one big loop thing, I just keep the one car key in the pocket with my knife and the rest of my keys stay at home.

8DsIOBj.png

It can do cash but I mostly keep cards, insurance card, and ID in it

phSzfcZ.png

Hooks to a belt loop and has a build in bottle opener

Ahhh, I see. That's a weird wallet, I'm used to leather wallets and such. This has been my wallet for the past several years and I like it a lot.

I like your key thingie though. Things with built in bottle openers are alright by me

JtgVX0H.png
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    phone front left, keys front right, wallet rear right, and also I don't keep a ton of extra useless shit in my wallet so it's pretty slim and don't even notice it when I sit down

Diamond in the back, sunroof top, diggin' the scene with a gangsta lean

• CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Slimfold wallet, USB drive, occasionally chapstick, and keys/fobs in right front. Phone in left front. Nothing in my back pockets.

At work I put my keys in a empty mug on the shelf next to me. I used to put my phone on my desk next to my keyboard, but it was stolen off my desk a little over a year ago (as well as my iPad). So now my phone is always in my pocket at work and I no longer bring any other kind of personal electronics to work anymore.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Cormac wrote: »
    Slimfold wallet, USB drive, occasionally chapstick, and keys/fobs in right front. Phone in left front. Nothing in my back pockets.

At work I put my keys in a empty mug on the shelf next to me. I used to put my phone on my desk next to my keyboard, but it was stolen off my desk a little over a year ago (as well as my iPad). So now my phone is always in my pocket at work and I no longer bring any other kind of personal electronics to work anymore.

Wait what? Your phone got stolen at work?!

• CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Unfortunately yes. A couple of young boys cased the place, knew when we were short staffed at the end of the day, distracted the people working, went into the back/production/office area, stole my phone off my desk, my iPad out of my backpack, and some store property.

After that we made some changes to make sure something like that doesn't happen again. This week another kid/teen/middle school dropout tried to do something similar, but we made sure he never got the chance. Made for a tense afternoon though.

The company did compensate me a few hundred dollars for my losses, but we weren't able to use our insurance policy because they were personal items and not things used to conduct business. It took me a long time to feel normal/safe at work and I pretty much had a nervous breakdown after Verizon's phone insurance denied my claim. I ended up buying a Nexus 7 2013 and a Moto X with the money from work and my birthday. In the end, I suffered no personal financial loss but it took a big emotional toll on me.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Cormac wrote: »
    Unfortunately yes. A couple of young boys cased the place, knew when we were short staffed at the end of the day, distracted the people working, went into the back/production/office area, stole my phone off my desk, my iPad out of my backpack, and some store property.

After that we made some changes to make sure something like that doesn't happen again. This week another kid/teen/middle school dropout tried to do something similar, but we made sure he never got the chance. Made for a tense afternoon though.

The company did compensate me a few hundred dollars for my losses, but we weren't able to use our insurance policy because they were personal items and not things used to conduct business. It took me a long time to feel normal/safe at work and I pretty much had a nervous breakdown after Verizon's phone insurance denied my claim. I ended up buying a Nexus 7 2013 and a Moto X with the money from work and my birthday. In the end, I suffered no personal financial loss but it took a big emotional toll on me.

Shit, that fucking sucks. Hope you're at least somewhat recovered from it. Can't believe the nerve of them to stroll into a business and do that.

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    You'd be surprised. I worked in a toy store, and kids would come in, get us to show them certain toys and talk about them, then their compatriots would rob candy and small things from the impulse section in the front. It's easy to do when a store only staffs one person for hours on end.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    MadEddy wrote: »
    Hrm. Looking into it, you have to both turn in your old phone and buy a T-Mobile phone for them to pay your EFT? Anyone had any experience with this? I don't have a problem turning in my S3, but I want to use a Oneplus One, not buy another phone from them.

Make sure you have a good scan of the bill with the ETF on it. And even then keep in mind that it will take about 2 months from the time you submit the bill to the time you receive the card. You may go to collections in that time if you don't pay the bill

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Got my moto x yesterday. It is deliciously fast. It's been 3 years since an upgrade, and I had forgotten what it was like to have a current device. The moto display notifications are just superb.

• MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Decided to cancel my order and not switch carriers right now. T-Mobile just doesn't have good enough coverage in all the places I use my phone.

Stupid incompatible cell phone technologies.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I love my stupid fast internet. 10 minutes to download the Windows 10 technical preview images? Why the fuck not!

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    Keys in left pocket (headphones if I'm using earbuds that day)
    Phone in right pocket
    wallet in back left pocket
    if I'm going out to the bar then epi-pen in left pocket as well

Back right for me

• T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Keys in left pocket (headphones if I'm using earbuds that day)
    Phone in right pocket
    wallet in back left pocket
    if I'm going out to the bar then epi-pen in left pocket as well

Back right for me

I will allow this, I used to be a back-righter

In other news I might get the new Moto X

and use it as my primary device.............................................

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    e1v9hgk1l1t9.jpg
    Jeans back pocket

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Thin wallets are the way and the light. I got a Bellroy and it is so much better than any of my previous leather wallets it's just not funny. Drivers licence, debit card, credit card, a couple of notes, and folded up it is less than a quarter of an inch thick. I barely notice it's there, but if I am going to be driving for a long time (an hour plus), I still take it out and pop it in the center console.

• KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Even if I'm just going five miles away, everything comes out of the back pockets.

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Slim wallets or money/card clips always sound great to me until I remember I live in a country where I actually need a bunch of coins. The lowest bill is €5 and that is like 6 or 7 US dollars so even though I routinely take out the lowest 3 denominations I also routinely carry 10ish coins around.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Looks like my cable company is rolling out new speed plans.

If I upgrade I guess I would get 50mbps instead of 33 for the same monthly price. But I think they want you to sign some kind of new contract thing...

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I need tech advice on computer parts!

Core i7 950, EVGA x58 board with tri SLI, and 8 gigs of ram. Used with shipping, $250. Good deal? I think it is, but am not sure. This will be paired with a Radeon 5770 I have already along with 550w power supply and case. I'll be upgrading from a Core 2 duo with 3gigs of ram and a Nvidia 8800GTS.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    I need tech advice on computer parts!

Core i7 950, EVGA x58 board with tri SLI, and 8 gigs of ram. Used with shipping, $250. Good deal? I think it is, but am not sure. This will be paired with a Radeon 5770 I have already along with 550w power supply and case. I'll be upgrading from a Core 2 duo with 3gigs of ram and a Nvidia 8800GTS.
    This is basically what I have and I have no problem playing anything

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »
    Slim wallets or money/card clips always sound great to me until I remember I live in a country where I actually need a bunch of coins. The lowest bill is €5 and that is like 6 or 7 US dollars so even though I routinely take out the lowest 3 denominations I also routinely carry 10ish coins around.

I use the watch pocket for coins. most denims and chinos have them.

edited October 2014
    I have a big fat leather wallet and I HATE coins to the point where I refuse to carry them around. I make a lot of use out of them in tips and take a penny leave a penny jars.

It's just in my wallet they like to get suck in the fold so that my wallet won't close.

I also keep my wallet in my front pocket because I'm a weirdo and don't like sitting on it.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Wow, I did not realize how much used x58 motherboards go for. That seems like a good deal.

Wow okay this new plan from my cable company is a much better deal

50Mbps 500gig data cap for 80 bucks a month as opposed to the same price for my current 33 and 350 cap.

Also if I pay the activation fee that new customer's would normally pay I get a ipad mini? Are those good tablets?

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Also I just played with a Galaxy Note 4 at Best Buy and holy cow is that a nice phone. I didn't even mind touchwiz that much. Pretty sure that's what I'm going with when I switch carriers in ~two weeks.

Touchwiz gets a bad rap a lot of the time but I never had trouble with it compared to stock android.

Ok, have kind of a techy problem, but I don't know if this is the right place or not. I have forgotten my password to my PS3, and when I go to change it, the email it wants to send me to no longer exists, or if it does, I can't access it. So basically I can't join a clan in Destiny or if I ever upgrade to PS4, I'd have to start all over again. Rather not have to do that.

Krieghund wrote: »
    Ok, have kind of a techy problem, but I don't know if this is the right place or not. I have forgotten my password to my PS3, and when I go to change it, the email it wants to send me to no longer exists, or if it does, I can't access it. So basically I can't join a clan in Destiny or if I ever upgrade to PS4, I'd have to start all over again. Rather not have to do that.

Sony Help Line probably

Also the biggest thing keeping me from switching to the new Moto X is how well all my stuff works together on iOS

I loooooooooove everything I see about that phone right now though, and I could still FaceTime off my iPad. The only real thing that I lose is iMessage, which sucks but is livable.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    but

the blues

• DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Been messing around with the Windows 10 preview for a couple of days and it's pretty good.
    No major issues so far, but I haven't tried to run any games yet.

Diarmuid on
    Langly wrote: »
    but

the blues

I know, and I have international forum peeps that I can talk to because of iMessage that would have to use something else if I changed :(

Krieghund wrote: »

Sony Help Line probably

You are the man. Just got it fixed.

This discussion has been closed.