As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Daily Show, Nightly Show, Last Week Tonight, & Full Frontal] Noah makin' it rain!

• Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Aiserou wrote: »
    I think the intro bit is weird because the audience doesn't react at all, and we're used to the show starting with applause. It doesn't kick in until after the music.

That too. The timing seems a bit off. Like the camera hangs on Trevor for too long without him saying anything. Larry starts in right away and has immediate energy to what he's saying. Trevor seems too mellow.

Bolthorn on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    what the fuck why would Cher have a problem with John Oliver.

did he make a skiing joke or something?

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Here's her tweet:

Someone more enterprising than me could look up the episode he did around that time and figure out what he said.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Here's her tweet:

Someone more enterprising than me could look up the episode he did around that time and figure out what he said.

Apparently it was in response to a comment he made on the show.
    Social Media: That thing Cher almost knows how to use

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    He's not rat-faced

He's bird-faced

Kadoken on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Here's her tweet:

The rat faced bastard is from https://youtu.be/MTZobo9VbS4?t=175 I think

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I honestly check Cher's twitter every few months just to see if it's still a waking nightmare.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    It's like he never left.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    While the show isn't in the title yet, we're finally getting clips showing off what Samantha Bee's new show, Full Frontal will look like:

https://youtu.be/GOF6i9KRVTU
    https://youtu.be/SoV37597ARE
    https://youtu.be/FSmwzj8X3F8

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    when the hell is that rat faced bastard coming back to work? I need to hear some news digest in a British accent.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    when the hell is that rat faced bastard coming back to work? I need to hear some news digest in a British accent.

Is it not this coming Sunday?

• Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    Next Sunday, 2/14

4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    New correspondents starting to find their voices.

Ronny Chieng had his first segment that I enjoyed, and Roy Wood Jr. has been continually improving.

I wish they'd use Aasif Mandvi more, though. He's still supposed to be one, I thought.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

Ronny Chieng had his chest segment that I enjoyed, and Roy Wood Jr. has been continually improving.

I wish they'd use Aasif Mandvi more, though. He's still supposed to be one, I thought.
    I wonder if Desi Lydig is still a correspondent? I never really felt she caught on. She did look pretty far along in pregnancy though, so she may be out for maternity.

PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • Options
    Drakeon wrote: »

Ronny Chieng had his chest segment that I enjoyed, and Roy Wood Jr. has been continually improving.

I wonder if Desi Lydig is still a correspondent? I never really felt she caught on. She did look pretty far along in pregnancy though, so she may be out for maternity.

She still shows up every week or two.

• Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular

Ronny Chieng had his first segment that I enjoyed, and Roy Wood Jr. has been continually improving.

Aasif was already getting less segments. He had a starring role in The Brink, which got cancelled. He seems to have more work outside the show than most of the other correspondents generally do.

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Aasif always had more side gigs than most of the other correspondents. Or at least more that I knew about.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    So what you guys are saying is, the Daily Show is his side gig.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    I'm not crazy when I think I saw Donald Rumsfeld on Colberts show hawking an app right?

• Options
    Seal wrote: »
    I'm not crazy when I think I saw Donald Rumsfeld on Colberts show hawking an app right?

Nope. Kotaku had a review.

• Options
    So, Full Frontal debuted, and Bee, in a manner most unCanadian, is not pulling punches:
    https://youtu.be/iET5OPnlyGw
    You don’t get to regulate what other people wear to work. I wouldn’t try to regulate your finger-painted tie or skeevy facial hair. And if I get distracted wondering if that yellow stain around your mouth is whiskers or just the lingering impression of a glory hole, that’s my problem, not yours.

Ouch.

(Also, can we have the show added to the title? She's just as much a Daily Show alum as Oliver and Whitmore.)

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    i will have to watch that clip

i found Samantha's Bee's segments on the Daily Show to be 90% unwatchable and unfunny, but maybe a different format will be better

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I had the same opinion of her on TDS and imo the different format is worse.

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Sam Bee was always at her best when she was righteously angry about something that she deeply cared about. If they let her just do that, it'll be a great show.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    So, Full Frontal debuted, and Bee, in a manner most unCanadian, is not pulling punches:
    Actually, if you ever look up how Canadians interact with their elected officials, not hesitating to brutally honest and tell them exactly what you're thinking is super Canadian. :P

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Actually, if you ever look up how Canadians interact with their elected officials, not hesitating to brutally honest and tell them exactly what you're thinking is super Canadian. :P

See also:Rick Mercer, This hour has 22 minutes, Royal Canadian Air Farce

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    On Trevor's suggestion, I searched Republican pussy (with safesearch off).

To my shock, it actually turned up the relevant story, and there wasn't a single NSFW pic in the image search.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    On Trevor's suggestion, I searched Republican pussy (with safesearch off).

To my shock, it actually turned up the relevant story, and there wasn't a single NSFW pic in the image search.

i found binders full of women

• Options
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Speaking of Sam Bee, was she completely pre-empted last night by basketball?

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I was surprised to find myself watching Sam Bee's Full Frontal on Adult Swim the other night. Is that going to be a regular thing?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Vyolynce wrote: »

No, her show is weekly.

• Options
    I was surprised to find myself watching Sam Bee's Full Frontal on Adult Swim the other night. Is that going to be a regular thing?

TBS and [as] share some shows. Not sure if this was something they did just for the premiere or not, but it actually ended up getting higher ratings on Adult Swim.

• Options
    Vyolynce wrote: »

No, her show is weekly.

Interesting.

• Options
    DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    Is there anywhere to watch Sam Bee's show online? Or would it basically have to be through youtube?

PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular

TBS and [as] share some shows. Not sure if this was something they did just for the premiere or not, but it actually ended up getting higher ratings on Adult Swim.

Well Adult Swim has a larger audience in general because the only thing to watch on TBS is the slow and painful death of American Dad.

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »

Well Adult Swim has a larger audience in general because the only thing to watch on TBS is the slow and painful death of American Dad.

TBS has always struggled more with an identity, especially as "comedy rerun network" loses its luster in the age of streaming. "Dumping ground for failed broadcast shows" isn't the worst direction they could have picked, as you get a few big hits like Conan to buoy up the array of misses.

In the case of the Full Frontal premier, i think part of it is that Daily Show and Adult Swim have major target audience overlap, while TBS's core audience, outside of maybe Conan, skews much older.