As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twin Peaks Revival Thread

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    A Phillip Jeffries appearance

I so want this to be true - that like with Catherine Coulson, Lynch was able to film something of Bowie and he's kept it close to the vest. Hell, even just a brief Skype conversation like with Warren Frost/Dr. Hayward would be acceptable if it meant seeing Bowie in the role one last time.

I strongly suspect we'll get...something. I don't know how to quantify that something, but I feel like if we can get Frank Silva hiding in mirrors and blobs, David Bowie will make an appearance in some form.

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I am so, so sad that Miguel Ferrer will never know how much we all love Albert this season.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    *Look at Matthew Lilliard missing top half of head*

"...He's dead."

Oh, Agent Cole...

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Season 3 episode 7 might as well be titled -
    "Okay Fine, Everything Everywhere Happens, Happy Now?"

Absalon on
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    A lot to unpack... wheres mah cooper>?

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
    I seriously didn't expect the meeting with the Mitchum Brothers was going to happen this week.

edited July 2017
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    A lot to unpack... wheres mah cooper>?

Man, who cares about the return of Cooper when this week saw the much anticipated, long awaited return of
    Gersten Hayward! Donna's youngest sister, who appeared in one early season 2 episode playing piano, and then preceded to disappear completely until tonight's episode.

Now there's a deep cut for you.

Captain Tragedy on
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Oh Shelley :(

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I can't help but feel like Lynch is just fucking with us now.

But man was there a lot to like about this episode.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    I'm still digging this immensely, and I think its existence and reception is absolutely as crucial to creative television as the original series was, but, sweet baby jesus, Dougie has outstayed his fucking welcome.

edited July 2017
    I'm still digging this immensely, and I think its existence and reception is absolutely as crucial to creative television as the original series was, but, sweet baby jesus, Dougie has outstayed his fucking welcome.

Outstayed his...welcome..

Neco on
    edited July 2017
    I've accepted the increasing likelihood that the return of real Coop may be the show's end goal, rather than something that happens along the way.

I have mixed feelings about Dougie Coop at times, but I enjoyed this episode with him.

Captain Tragedy on
    I've accepted Dougie. He's essentially The Fool. We kept waiting for his wandering ways to lead to some kind of ruin of his gilded fugue state that would then somehow send him back to himself, but, what would be the point of that?

At the same time, I can't help but gain an increasing sense of dread for the future of Dougie, considering how the pendulum continues to swing ever-further in his favor.

• GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Alright, so, after 4 episodes there's one thing thing I'm left with - I'm really looking forward to seeing a gruesome, gruesome death for Wally.

Outstayed his...welcome..

Welcome.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Mei HikariMei Hikari Registered User regular
    I just hate that we've had scenes with every single Horne family member except Audrey at this point. :(

• AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I haven't seen the full episode but I hope Becky gets fucking knocked off, what a complete dick.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Episode 8 has broken me

• Thorn413Thorn413 Registered User regular
    I loved Bobby's scene with the angry driver, it managed to be both horrific and hilarious.

At first I hated the Dougie stuff but I think I've come around on it now. I'm constantly on the look out for signs that Coop is still in there somewhere, but I've made peace with the fact that we're not going to be getting much Coop.

I really hope Bobby's okay.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular

Fucking...

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Ep 10:
    It has been noticed that the letter Chad intercepts is from a Miriam Hodges, whereas Richard's trailer victim is credited as Miriam Sullivan. Minor goof or did Chad get the wrong letter?

Ep 11:
    Miriam surviving kinds of makes that a moot point then. Idiot Dick Horne trying to make a gas explosion in a now very well ventilated trailer.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    Ep 10:
    It has been noticed that the letter Chad intercepts is from a Miriam Hodges, whereas Richard's trailer victim is credited as Miriam Sullivan. Minor goof or did Chad get the wrong letter?

Ep 11:
    Miriam surviving kinds of makes that a moot point then. Idiot Dick Horne trying to make a gas explosion in a now very well ventilated trailer.

I enjoy the idea that
    Lynch played us by setting up a media cliche and then have it be fooled by reality.

• mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Ok oddly tangent thing.

With game of thrones being back and providing direct narrative; I enjoy twin peaks even more.
    There were a few lynch moments that I felt dragged and were frustrating. But now... im just happy its there for me. Im not sure im explaining it. I liked dougie way more. I was more patient with the episodes....

Anyone else feel similar?

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
    Some concerning out of character behavior.

Episode 11 spoiler
    Albert's carrying a gun.

edited July 2017
    Road Block wrote: »

Episode 11 spoiler
    Albert's carrying a gun.

He looked Mr C in his eyes. Albert was visibly rocked by it.

Wouldn't you do that too after?

mojojoeo on
  • BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    Ok oddly tangent thing.

With game of thrones being back and providing direct narrative; I enjoy twin peaks even more.
    There were a few lynch moments that I felt dragged and were frustrating. But now... im just happy its there for me. Im not sure im explaining it. I liked dougie way more. I was more patient with the episodes....

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. Last week I thought it was just because GoT was the premier and I had already invested some time into the new Twin Peaks. But when this past Sunday rolled around I was much more looking forward to my cup of coffee and Twin Peaks than I was my beer and GoT. And again, this coming Sunday I'll definitely watch both. I am more excited for Twin Peaks though.

Episode 11 spoiler
    Albert's carrying a gun.

He looked Mr C in his eyes. Albert was visibly rocked by it.

Wouldn't you do that too after?

Well...Albert's whole deal is his intense commitment to pacifism. I'm sure he could be dealing with some personal responsibilities now considering that their Man in Columbia was killed after Albert told Mr C how to find him.

Albert's just got a lot on his plate right now:
    Feeling responsible for the death of Man in Columbia from inadvertently helping Mr C.

Suspecting Diane has been compromised in some way also involving Mr C.

Making friends with Constance in spite of all this South Dakota business.

Keeping an eye on Gordon Cole, including holding him back from being bisected in space by a stairful of Woodsmen.

• mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Ok oddly tangent thing.

One makes me feel like I'm watching someone color in a very quality adult coloring book, and the other feels like that time I took mushrooms during a bachelor party and felt like I was on the cusp of understanding something greater about the universe through fractal patterns in the trees and ant migration

• MuddypawsMuddypaws Lactodorum, UKRegistered User regular
    Didn't Dougie Coop complete someone's sentence for the first time rather than just repeating their last word?

Muddypaws wrote: »
    Didn't Dougie Coop complete someone's sentence for the first time rather than just repeating their last word?

I think
    That he said the cherry pie was damn good on his own

I think

No one of the brothers said it at the end of a sentance.

I think

No one of the brothers said it at the end of a sentance.

Yeah. He just enunciated it Dale Cooper style.

Ep 12:
    Audrey!

edited July 2017
    Ep 12:
    Audrey!
    Were we supposed to recognize any of the names or events being brought up in that scene, or was that just a long argument over something we the audience haven't been privy to?

It's funny that everyone was developing sinister theories about why we haven't seen Audrey...nope, she's just been there like every other Twin Peaks character.

Captain Tragedy on
    Ep 12:
    Audrey!
    Were we supposed to recognize any of the names or events being brought up in that scene, or was that just a long argument over something we the audience haven't been privy to?
    I have no idea, I am having such a hard time keeping track of who's who. I was thinking maybe Billy is the owner of the truck Richard ran the kid over with, and the guy who Andy was talking to.

That was a frustrating episode.

edited July 2017

Yeah, much like the old series when it was on the air, this just isn't a good show for a once a week format. I am really looking forward to being able to just marathon through the whole thing and take it in as one complete story rather than splitting it up over the course of three months. As it is, I keep looking at the clock during the more drawn out scenes, especially when Dougie is in them, and just get frustrated about the time because "oh god the episode is already more than half over, just HURRY UP before it ends!"

That isn't to say I don't enjoy what I'm seeing, I really do, I think so far this is really going to hold up over time, assuming the quality stays this high throughout the last six episodes. I just... really wish I could watch more than an hour a week.

Having said all of that, for this latest episode:
    i really liked Sherilyn Flynn's performance. I can't wait to see more Audrey!

Neco on

Yeah, much like the old series when it was on the air, this just isn't a good show for a once a week format. I am really looking forward to being able to just marathon through the whole thing and take it in as one complete story rather than splitting it up over the course of three months. As it is, I keep looking at the clock during the more drawn out scenes, especially when Dougie is in them, and just get frustrated about the time because "oh god the episode is already more than half over, just HURRY UP before it ends!"

That isn't to say I don't enjoy what I'm seeing, I really do, I think so far this is really going to hold up over time, assuming the quality stays this high throughout the last six episodes. I just... really wish I could watch more than an hour a week.

Having said all of that, for this latest episode:
    i really liked Sherilyn Flynn's performance. I can't wait to see more Audrey!

Yeah, I'm going to try marathon-ing my friends through the new season in October, and I expect it will be a better experience, though I'm sure I will have to imbibe in a lot of alcohol to get through 7+ hours of watching people swat flies and shuffle papers.

Ok the repeat of Jacoby's bit was a little much. Buuut, there there might have been a reason for it.
    The scene immediately before with Cole and Albert happened at 11pm. Jaboby's show airs at 7pm. And we can assume that if things were recorded chronologicaly, a day can't have past because Hawk, Truman and Bobby would have been looking for Jack Rabbit's Palace.

This is almost absurd to say, but after this 12th episode, I'm really just, digging this show. Nice as it is to know there's eighteen pieces of this, I'm hitting some kind of viewing stride where I could almost wish this was some kind of endless venture now, like we could count on 50 more episodes of this. That's ridiculous, of course, but right now, having seen part 12, I'm left in a good way to think of things like that.

And I'm fine with the numerous references to the goings and doings of characters we've never met-the larger point is that Twin Peaks always has shit going down, secrets, lies, rumor and mystery. It's like a Ravenloft for stuff like that.

I was really hoping this guy:
    hqvllvgxdp8n.png

Might be this guy:
    kgri8auz5q0k.jpg

But clearly that's not a match in comparison.