Options

PS Vita: Get ready, Gust and Nihon Falcom herald Vita 2015

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    Yea, I was trying to freeze the target and then hit it with volt but I just couldn't freeze it. I was hitting it with homing and eggs.
    Hrm. Maybe it's an ability that you unlock further in the game? Not sure what's going on there. What target are you trying to freeze?

I was fighting Jack frost. I've been able to freeze him before but this time nothing worked.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Yea, I was trying to freeze the target and then hit it with volt but I just couldn't freeze it. I was hitting it with homing and eggs.
    Hrm. Maybe it's an ability that you unlock further in the game? Not sure what's going on there. What target are you trying to freeze?

I was fighting Jack frost. I've been able to freeze him before but this time nothing worked.
    Jack Frost is strong versus Ice. He can be Frozen, but it's difficult as hell. You're better off running with Volt spells and get him into Shocking Hell, which you detonate with Stone.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Hey guys, anyone play that Tales of Hearts game on Vita? Was curious what people on this board thought of it.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    Hey guys, anyone play that Tales of Hearts game on Vita? Was curious what people on this board thought of it.

It is amazing. Best tales combat NA. Also has awesome old guy character. More games need awesome old dude character.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I feel like I'm missing something with Soul Sacrifice Delta. I copied over my save from Soul Sacrifice but I'm definitely not where I'm supposed to be in the main story and I can't figure out how I'm supposed to progress to the proper point. I've finished the Sortiara chapter and the only other place I can get quests is from the bazaar and from the Sorcerous Deeds section.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I feel like I'm missing something with Soul Sacrifice Delta. I copied over my save from Soul Sacrifice but I'm definitely not where I'm supposed to be in the main story and I can't figure out how I'm supposed to progress to the proper point. I've finished the Sortiara chapter and the only other place I can get quests is from the bazaar and from the Sorcerous Deeds section.

I want to say there's a point early on where you had to do something from the bazaar to advance things, but...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    All your shit is still there. You have to progress a bit after importing to unlock your stuff again. I want to say that you have to complete all the Avalon, Sanctuarium, and Grim quests before it all comes back. Not sure though.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I believe you have to do a bazaar thing or deeds thing to advance.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular

I was really liking it, then I got distracted. Then I tried to go back and had forgotten what I was doing. So pretty par on course for me playing an rpg.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    MagicalGoatsMagicalGoats Registered User regular
    Code: Realize, Guardian of Rebirth, has received a release date of November 24. 2015

I really, really hope I love this game. Much like Steins;Gate I might not wind up playing this in public, but I really hope to see something new.

Regarding Tales of Hearts R, the combat system is very fun, but not so complex as to be very hard at any given point. The story is very linear, however, and lacking in options, and the "romance" at the heart of the story is non-optional. Several of the characters are quite fun however, and as has been noted before in this thread, Awesome Old Guy. Really what more needs to be said? I would recommend the game absolutely, if you do not have a large backlog already.

There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life, that cannot be improved with pizza.
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96hXamdILZE

I am really down with the art and presentation in this game.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Wow, that (boss fight?) where each of the characters is attacking from a different part of the city looks really cool.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular

It is amazing. Best tales combat NA. Also has awesome old guy character. More games need awesome old dude character.

I guess now I need to decide if I want to get a physical copy from Gamestop before it gets "rare", or if I want to wait for a PSN sale.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Oof... man. Picked up Mortal Kombat from the flash sale. $4.80 may have been too much for it. Game is butt ugly and controls like rancid poo. Audio is terrible as well. Cranked the Vita to max volume and can still barely hear anything outside of the fights. Regretting that purchase...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96hXamdILZE

I am really down with the art and presentation in this game.

What is it?

• Options
    What is it?

Ray Gigant.

The art is VERY pretty, but it is not currently scheduled for a release in US / EU, unless I missed something. I suppose we could hope for a release with English menus and subtitles, ala SAO:HF (Oh god please Lost Song, please be better) But our odds really are not TOO too horrible, except with Fate games. What a cold, cruel world we live in.

There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life, that cannot be improved with pizza.
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    It's not even out in JP yet. Give it time. Experience are doing really well. Just a question of when and who.

A new Vita update came out today. Maybe it fixed the bug we think we saw?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    A new Vita update came out today. Maybe it fixed the bug we think we saw?

Update's actually been out for a few days. I got it the other night and my Vita's not frozen up on me in Standby since, so hopefully it did fix that.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    I've been dormant on the Vita side of things since Demon Gaze. What's worth buying now?

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Oreshika and Brandish.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    It seems I can't cause any kind of hell status with any element.

• Options
    Holding on to hope for Ray Gigant. It seems like a nice pseudo-break from the 1st person dungeon crawling style they have done, even if they do it very well. (Still holding onto hope for Experience to bring over Stranger of Sword City, Operation Babel, and the Labyrinth Cross Blood game too, but even if they don't, I am very happy with everything already there so far)

Does anyone know if Deception IV Nightmare Princess is supposed to be receiving a physical release? I know when it is supposed to be released, but if it is going to be digital only, I'm going to need to hunt down a physical copy of the original at some point, just for "the shelf".

• Options
    For Vita, it's Digital-Only. PS4 gets a Disc release.

• Options
    Finally got a fire hell on a slime and then hit it with ice. It felt good.

• Options
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »

It's for PS3 too, isn't it?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »

It's for PS3 too, isn't it?

Yeah. It's Digital-Only on PS3 as well. I just brought up the PS4 release since it's the only Physical one and the Vita release because it's thread relevant. =P

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    freedom wars has waaaaaay too much boring story fluff with too much running from map to map in between playing the goddamn game

like, a fucking stealth section? fuck off, freedom wars, let me do the thing you advertised at the start of the game where i hit robots with swords

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    freedom wars just didn't have enough weapons :(

subvariants don't count

• Options
    DusT_HounDDusT_HounD Registered User regular
    I'd like to hope that Ray Gigant and Operation Babel will get released over here in Euroland - i've preordered the LE of Operation Abyss, not having played any of the Generation Xth games before, and am pretty excited about it!

On a slightly different note, has anyone played SMT: Persona for PSP (the remake of the first one) on their Vita? If so, does it look ok? Not expecting miracles, obviously - i'm just wondering if it's worth playing. I'm currently going through Persona 3 Portable, and while i like it mostly, i don't like the fact that a) the daytime scenes are like a visual novel, and have no animated cutscenes, and b) the vast majority of the combat takes place in a pretty samey tower location. Some floors are superficially different, but are basically just reskins.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    You do know the Vita is region free, right?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    I'm assuming he wants it in English.

sig.gif
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

I was just about to come in and ask that! So I can buy a Japanese game and it will work just fine?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    kime wrote: »

I was just about to come in and ask that! So I can buy a Japanese game and it will work just fine?

Yes, you can buy all the things as long as it doesn't have some stupid digital component to it - which won't work unless you register a PSN account from that region and tie it to a memory card. (You can't have multiple regions on one memory card at the same time)

Donnicton on
  • Options
    DusT_HounDDusT_HounD Registered User regular
    @vagrant_winds, @Lovely

It's true, guys - to my shame i haven't taken any time to learn Japanese, but i'd definitely import physical copies from the States if it does release in the West!

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    A stupid digital component such as downloading the game.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    A few Vita games have been released as a boxed product in Asia with English text that was a PSN download only in America.

Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment, New Little King's Story, and Oreshika all had this treatment. So you can buy those games and play them on your Vita in English (or "English" in the case of SAO) and you're just fine unless you want to buy DLC. DLC is region-locked, so to speak.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I'm actually interested in this for the Japanese versions, so not having English is totally OK :)

Is there a large premium for buyin physical copies and getting them shipped to the US? I only have one memory card, so my understanding is that I'd need to buy another for digital games...

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    what are we even talking about

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    So Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls is on pre-order now. I kind of want to get the limited edition pre-order.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Ordered the Ar nosurge plus LE because I need it.

Considering Neptunia U still. I've bought all the others at this point so I'm already feeling a kind of, "why not." Urge

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.