As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Terra Series dead for now, [Fantasian] looking like an actual game though

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    What's energy good for besides rolling on dudes? If I can roll a dude weekly, i'll run out of needs pretty fast I'd assume. Then again, I'm a slave to PAD's REM, so who am I to talk.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    The metal zone is currently open for about the next hour. 10 stamina per go. After 3 runs, my characters earned 3-5 levels each.

• Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    I think I'll stop rerolling for now. I picked up Yukken, which seems to get special mention as a good, if boring, SS, and Kana, an A status-healer. I was hoping for one of the SS mages, but at some point I want to just play the game.

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    I just pulled Kana for my third roll. She seems like she'll be one of those situational characters because she cures or causes paralysis.

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    My third roll is Olber, which just looks to be a SS strong spear unit.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I got Zerro the Dark mage. He's pretty absurd compared to the regular guys. Can't tell if he hits three squares or nine.
    Is there anything else to spend energy on besides rolling the REM?

Also what's with the skill boost I seem to randomly get?

Ramps up to 25%, which gets added to all your skill proc rates.

Getting a duplicate character adds xp and 5%, and if a card reaches 25% they no longer have a chance of dropping in the energy gacha.

I guess what I was asking is what causes the skill boost? I gather that killing more than one enemy at once gives exp boost. Is exp shared evenly amongst all memebers or is killing blow worth extra?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    I think you get the boost the more times you trigger the skills

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    My fourth roll is Kem the spearman, looks like a boring but tanky dude that bunkers down and self heals.

That makes my team Grave, Kuscah, Daiana, Jigglypuff, 4th chapter sword dude (with bonus from rolling him again), and Kem.

I'll see how far this takes me while I wait to see if any new characters get added thanks to the download starter.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I got Zerro the Dark mage. He's pretty absurd compared to the regular guys. Can't tell if he hits three squares or nine.
    Is there anything else to spend energy on besides rolling the REM?

Also what's with the skill boost I seem to randomly get?

Ramps up to 25%, which gets added to all your skill proc rates.

Getting a duplicate character adds xp and 5%, and if a card reaches 25% they no longer have a chance of dropping in the energy gacha.

I heard the non-energy gacha is restricted to units you already unlocked. Does this include B+ units? I.e., can I use the non-energy gacha to skill level my energy units so I can avoid seeing them in the energy gacha?

As an aside, that is a brilliant way to restrict whaling. You try and whale and you'll just level up what you already have after a point.

• Options
    From what I understand the pact of fellowship draws from all the enemies you've cleared so far in the chapters and the characters are from the pact of truth only. So use whatever C tier niche mobs you need until you clear chapters / use the daily energy to roll the dice again.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    BaskeBaske Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Wish they released this on other devices besides iOS and Android =(. I know they have a 2million download marker to release it on a "console" but even then I expect that would be like at least a year before it actually comes out.

Baske on
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    this is...surprisingly fun and addictive.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Baske wrote: »
    Wish they released this on other devices besides iOS and Android =(. I know they have a 2million download marker to release it on a "console" but even then I expect that would be like at least a year before it actually comes out.

I'm wondering if they'll port the mechanics as is to 3DS, or if they'll make it a true SRPG in the port. Hm.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Currently running with Metupí and Ma'curi, an S rank Archer with Megabow, and a B rank Spearman with Megaspear and a really bizarre bio involving being attacked by a starving marten as a baby lizard thing.

Tempted to keep them, but I miss the frost mage already.

I'll check out the characters on the wiki when I'm not limited to 4G on my phone.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Are Bahl and Grace mutually exclusive?

• Options
    I've had Grace drop from a truth envelope before when I had Bahl already.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I know I said I wouldn't re-roll, but I went ahead and did, and now I'm in the trap. I can't NOT reroll without an SS, or at least a GOOD S rank. So far, the game has given me crap when it reveals a gold letter, but most of the time it's two whites and the A's are nice, but I'm setting a goal here and sticking to it.

I've started with Bahl and gotten Bahl out of my 2 free pulls. I've also had Grace and Bahl pulls when I started with the other, so they're not mutually exclusive, and it's possible to get another Kuscah, too.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Gotta catch 'em all confirmed.

• Options
    KiTA wrote: »
    Baske wrote: »

I'm wondering if they'll port the mechanics as is to 3DS, or if they'll make it a true SRPG in the port. Hm.

I could easily see them expanding the size of the board and then possibly including untraversable terrain. For the overworld I can easily see them creating something like FFT or TO, or they can go the pokemon route like P&D did.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Easily portable to the PS4 and Vita, too, with their touch controls. Higher development costs, sure, but doable.

• Options
    Once the game introduced spike traps, it really clicked for me just how crazy this combat could get.

• Options
    Another roll, B this time: O'pari the Blitzer. Looks like a strait up fire damage archer with anti-ice defenses.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I think I got him in one of my rolls.

Okay, time to go look at the wiki and see how these characters develop. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing.

Question: With characters like Yukken and Amimari, who have different weapons in each of their jobs, how do you choose which weapons to use on an attack? Or which skills are used?

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Damned country restrictions on apps.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Here are some tips to download past region restrictions.

http://terrabattleforum.com/threads/guide-how-to-start-playing.83/

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    So wait, this is a gacha game, with but actual gameplay attached to it? I'm not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand, the game seems actually really good. On the other hand, gacha...

• Options
    Kay wrote: »
    I think I got him in one of my rolls.

Okay, time to go look at the wiki and see how these characters develop. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing.

Question: With characters like Yukken and Amimari, who have different weapons in each of their jobs, how do you choose which weapons to use on an attack? Or which skills are used?

You'll have to unlock their second and third classes, but maybe it still allows them to use stuff like Megaspear when they're in their Swordsman class? They become equipable once you learn them have the open slots in their other class forms, but not having a multi-weapon char myself, I can't say.

• Options
    I FINALLY got a gold pull after like, 12 rerolls, and got exactly what I wanted. SS-rank Amina - the all-party revival healer. Along with her though came an A-rank status healer called R'zonand, who kind of sucks. On top of being a third healer, his skills are Cure Confuse, Cause Confuse, Cure Sleep and Remedy Status Counter. Hopefully my next pull is something with some power.

• Options
    At the very least give it a download. If this thing reaches 2 million downloads (worldwide) it should get a console port, which if you look at puzzle and dragons Z on the 3DS should show that you can get a solid game out of it post mobile energy gacha.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Hmm, based on this page, you'll basically be able to roll the truth gacha once every 8 days by making sure to log in everyday.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    I went with $20 worth of energy and rolled. Between my starting rolls, all the energy I've gained, and the paid energy, I've rolled Daiana, Eileen, Kem, R'zonand (2x), Korin, Ba'gunar (2x, since you get him once for free), Bahl, and O'pari (2x).

That comes out to 10 total rolls, all of which are A and B tier.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    I started and rolled at least 10 times i think? Stopped at my first SS character, Yukken

Time to actually play the game D:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    So, going into higher metal dungeons with an under leveled team with a metal king and no healer might result in a wipe. The cost to continue is 3 energy, but if you close the app and return it will start you with the same conditions as when you entered that particular floor, apparently saving progress been floors.

Also, gameover happens when dropped down to one unit since you can no longer attack.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    TRexhumeTRexhume Registered User regular
    Man, I keep reading about this game, but it seems its limited to US, Canadia and some parts of Europe. Why treat us Australians like criminals? Our convict history was so many years in the past, we're not all criminals, I promise!

• Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Pulled my third energy roll, and it's my second A-level status healer/mage. Eileen is nice later on (mass levitate, mass regen), but between her and Yana, my main crew is low damage. Yukken is a great SS for her reasons, but big early damage isn't one of them.

I haven't put too much time in the game, I could re-roll a few more times and not feel terrible...

ResIpsaLoquitur on
    League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    You could also just use the tome of fellowship for the damage oriented nameless mooks you come across and form a team of the healer, your other starter, and them. They level up really fast and will hold their own weight for a while. It will be a while until you can start class changing your team anyways, which is when the characters start shining.

You'll be able to roll more as you get energy from chapters and logging in so having a sure SS and other useful card on reserve will pay off later while you are slumming it with the minions now.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    So, just to make sure I understand gameplay here: All I can do, is move one guy a turn, move him through other guys in order to position as many useful pincers or chains as possible, and then hope skills proc.

Seems like certain board positions are incredibly difficult to work with then since you can't get two people into flanking position.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    So, just to make sure I understand gameplay here: All I can do, is move one guy a turn, move him through other guys in order to position as many useful pincers or chains as possible, and then hope skills proc.

Seems like certain board positions are incredibly difficult to work with then since you can't get two people into flanking position.

I've only played through the first few boards but even when things look pretty bad you can usually get a pincer if you plan ahead and execute quickly. And since your team starts pretty close together you can usually arrange to have a pretty good chain even from bad starting spots.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Planning moves that shuffle at least one other character into position for an attack isn't that hard, unless the enemy is waaaay across the board. And shuffling around characters you don't have currently selected is the way you'll get big damage numbers in this; trying to move each character one turn at a time to attack wastes huge amounts of opportunities.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »

You can carry a second fighter quite some distance by looping him with your active guy. You should always at least be able to get flanking if you move quickly.

MhCw7nZ.gif