As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Time to eat, Guardians! Free Gjallarhorn in every Kids Meal!

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Vagabond wrote: »
    I can Hard Mode this weekend. Since Obi responded, I'm assuming this is XB1?

Xbone, yes!

We have four for hard mode so far. What time should we shoot for?

Tonight would be best!

I can be ready in ~2 hours.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Weekly update out.

Key blah blah:
    -Iron banner ranks won't reset, but will one day I the future.
    -Reforging is in...for one weapon. Timur's Lash. Costs motes of light. It said all IB weapons but I didn't know of any others.
    -Iron Banner is now basically 20+ and gear will matter more.
    -Queen's Bounty is out of rotation for a while because it sucked, only they said it in a nicer way of course.
    -Iron Banner bounties have been toned down on completion requirements, xp and points towards IB increased.
    -Tempered is a buff for those with little time. It'll increase as the week goes on for rank and marks.
    -Losing will convert into a medallion that will then pop for comparable rep and marks when you finally win.

Pretty much no PvE information. Blizzard would be jealous of how many times bungie has used the word "soon" since release.

Crayon on
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I havent gotten any raid gear on my warlock, my 27 hunter joins a ragtag band of VoG dudes and gets boots as soon as templar is down :?

They kinda cheesed the Templar and threw grenades at him until he fell over the edge, so I got that chest you get for not letting him teleport.

• Options
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I havent gotten any raid gear on my warlock, my 27 hunter joins a ragtag band of VoG dudes and gets boots as soon as templar is down :?

They kinda cheesed the Templar and threw grenades at him until he fell over the edge, so I got that chest you get for not letting him teleport.

That's the only way we managed to beat the Templar (and Atheon >_>) during the single Hard Mode I've run previously.

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Vagabond wrote: »
    Sirialis wrote: »

That's the only way we managed to beat the Templar (and Atheon >_>) during the single Hard Mode I've run previously.

Yeah, the girl who was leader did it on a 25 titan, but picked up her 30 warlock with full raid gear for Atheon, we didnt finish though, got stuck on the middle conflux part.

Also fuck Hunter double jump in VoG, Glide is sooo much better.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »
    Weekly update out.

Key blah blah:
    -Reforging is in...for one weapon. Timur's Lash. Costs motes of light. It said all IB weapons but I didn't know of any others.
    -Queen's Bounty is out of rotation for a while because it sucked, only they said it in a nicer way of course.
    -Iron Banner bounties have been toned down on completion requirements, xp and points towards IB increased.
    -Tempered is a buff for those with little time. It'll increase as the week goes on for rank and marks.
    -Losing will convert into a medallion that will then pop for comparable rep and marks when you finally win.

Pretty much no PvE information. Blizzard would be jealous of how many times bungie has used the word "soon" since release.

I for some reason predict people complaining that there's nobody under 20 in the list...

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Madpoet wrote: »
    TIL: Icebreaker doesn't just refill its own ammo.

This was pretty obvious in retrospect, but it's been game changing for me. Doing the nightfall with arc damage active? Use the arc sniper until I'm out of ammo, then switch to Icebreaker to refill. Need fusion rifle kills for Pocket Infinity and nothing drops special ammo? No worries, I can just pause 30 seconds and get another 3-4 clips. Best Xur purchase evar.

I hate the fact that I was 1 (1!) strange coin short that week. Ah well, Suros came round again quickly enough so hopefully Icebreaker will too.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Madpoet wrote: »
    TIL: Icebreaker doesn't just refill its own ammo.

This was pretty obvious in retrospect, but it's been game changing for me. Doing the nightfall with arc damage active? Use the arc sniper until I'm out of ammo, then switch to Icebreaker to refill. Need fusion rifle kills for Pocket Infinity and nothing drops special ammo? No worries, I can just pause 30 seconds and get another 3-4 clips. Best Xur purchase evar.

I hate the fact that I was 1 (1!) strange coin short that week. Ah well, Suros came round again quickly enough so hopefully Icebreaker will too.

I actually started a new character and plowed through the story missions just to get the guaranteed coin on venus because I was also 1 short that week.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    DarkythDarkyth WARegistered User regular
    Hunter VoG loot: shards x19 and Chatterwhite...

Steam: Darkith | PSN: Darkyth | Destiny | NNID: Darkith | XBL: Darkyth
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    I've got @Darkewolfe‌ in on VoG hard.

We should be able to do this tonight.

@ObiFett‌ @Fondor_Yards‌ @Vagabond‌ report for duty!

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Darkyth wrote: »
    Hunter VoG loot: shards x19 and Chatterwhite...

So a normal run through then.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Oh the joys of a triple kill from one of my Titan sparkler grenades.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    I've got @Darkewolfe‌ in on VoG hard.

We should be able to do this tonight.

@ObiFett‌ @Fondor_Yards‌ @Vagabond‌ report for duty!

I have our sixth, so we'll be good to go in an hour or two.

• Options
    AerlevsediAerlevsedi Washington, the StateRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Team....whatever we're called needs two more for hard mode...

buckaroo's team is going at the same time....because theyre cruel

anyway, we've got four, looking for two....anyone?

edit: for xbone!

Aerlevsedi on
    Bungie.net: Aerlevsedi
    xbox (one) live: brautigan219
    psn (four) : brautigan19
  • Options
    An hour is good for me, any later may not be able to finish depending on how long it takes.

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    We've got a space for another 29/30 in hard mode on PS4 right now, if you're interested my PSN is GeneiDjinn

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    @Man of the Waves‌ shoot me a message on Live when you guys are starting

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Any late night raiders want to hit up the VoG on the PS4? I need four people.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »

Logging on!

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Will be ready in 20 min. Gotta grab cat food.

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    SousukeSousuke Registered User regular

I'll go on my titan

PSN: Volteage
  • Options
    Have a thought the other day on how to make the high rof ARs and pulse rifles better. Make it so weapons deal an increasing amount of damage the longer you can keep hitting them or for hitting them so many times in a small window of time. To keep it from making the better ARs/other guns too much better either make weapons need a certain RoF in order to get it, or make the bonus take a while to add a serious amount of extra damage on. *IE the first 10-30 add 3% per shot, the next 10 add another 6%, the next 10 another 15%, and so on.* Maybe also lock fusion rifles out of it, like how they don't get head shot bonuses.
    Would also help with the bullet sponge bosses, since your normally keeping a huge train of fire on them. Also make non-sniper more effective.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Anyone want to do something on PS4? Cruicble? Strikes? Anything?

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    I will raid. 27 titan. Magicprime

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Man of the Waves on
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    If anyone wants a Level 28 Titan to do the raid with them on PS4 - let me know.

PSN = FuriousJodo

I'm trying to get those boots!

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    I think you
    Crayon wrote: »
    Weekly update out.

Key blah blah:

You forgot the most important part - iron banner gear will get on to level 30 now. A fact about which I am totally hype. But they will only provide 2 slots per event.

I didn't see the bit about queen's wrath

• Options
    I'm here now. Obi has my GT.

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    So tested it for myself and yes, solar weapons ignite the target when you hit something while Radiance is active on a sunsinger. Thats kinda huge. Im surprised it isnt widely known because this means that as long as you are attacking with a solar gun in between grenades that is a significant spike in dps.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Also, how do I get Dead Orbit rank 1? Their urban camo guns looks neat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvA_7y08LJw

their shaders look neato

• Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Raid down with another pug. Little more unorganized than the last group, but still wrapped it up in a solid 92 minutes.

Grabbed hunter gloves and vision of confluence. Pretty stoked.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    What a crap weekly update.

No mention of Atheon, no mention of when Thorn or JuJu will be buffed. No hints about the next event or DLC.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    CroakerCroaker Registered User regular
    Well I have a warlock now. I guess I have to run that goddamn nightfall again once I get 26.

That update sucks. They're so bad at this.

• Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    So tested it for myself and yes, solar weapons ignite the target when you hit something while Radiance is active on a sunsinger. Thats kinda huge. Im surprised it isnt widely known because this means that as long as you are attacking with a solar gun in between grenades that is a significant spike in dps.

load up a fire sniper, pop super, hit enemy in the chest... profit. Keep doing this and wipe the team without even breaking a sweat. You can do this with fire anything really as long as you get enough damage into the enemy that the dot ticks them down. Now, I haven't confirmed, but from what I have read each application of fire damage onto the target is it's own dot stack. Essentially, if you put 2 grenades into a boss and then shoot 3 times with a solar weapon; some people are saying you get 5 dots rolling on the boss. I haven't been able to test this because I've been dumb and haven't turned on the dot for pve in forever (i like my 2 grenades too much).

253J736.png
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    No Q&A this week. Likely because it was becoming difficult to encounter a letter that WASN'T a Howler. Doesn't Bungie know that NOT answering them just makes them worse?

(Disclaimer: Much of the player feedback is likely unfair and incoherent stuff like "I played for 200 hours, this is a shit game with no replay value, you stole $60 from me, **** you Bungie!" Still, I find it mildly distressing how Bungie strikes like lightning to make things worse (Queen's Bounty rewards) and we're coming on a month with no move to make things better (Thorn, Bad Juju, the Raid). I sincerely hope that on a random day some week soon, the update screen pops up and says "Your Ghost has finetuned some of the rarer items in your inventory, give them a shot now, you'll notice a nice difference" or something.)

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Finished the raid with @Sousuke @MagicPrime @vagrant_winds and two friends who aren't PA. It was a good run, Atheon was a bit tough at first but we eventually trashed him and took all his shards and energy.

Good run everyone.

Stragint on
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    Finished the raid with @Sousuke @MagicPrime @vagrant_winds and two friends who aren't PA. It was a good run, Atheon was a bit tough at first but we eventually trashed him and took all his shards and energy.

Good run everyone.

This was my first run from scratch. I know the mechanics now. So it should go smoother next time.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    I am flipping so many tables right now.

Nothing but currant and hare errors.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    MagicPrime wrote: »

Good run everyone.

This was my first run from scratch. I know the mechanics now. So it should go smoother next time.

You did good. It is always a little bumpy running a raid with new people but those last few attempts were really coming together and then that final one was really smooth.

Stragint on

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Going to bed now after a fun few hours of Crucible with PA. Especially after the recent flood of "I think I'm done with Destiny" posts that hit the thread a week or so ago, it's nice to be able to hop on late at night, toss out 10-15 invites, and get a group together in just under two minutes. <3

The update has some cool and good news and leaves some important stuff out. I think Iron Banner will be more like what people envisioned when it returns. Glad they're putting the Queen event on hold, since it became utterly pointless. Only problem is that I'm not sure that they have any events planned for the immediate future, so everything's kind of status quo for now. Glad to see upgrade/sidegrade possibilities with IB. Still no mention of Osiris or any further balance work.

I imagine that when I wake up in the morning, it will be time for another thread! Rejoice!

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G