As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The normal [Webcomics] thread. Sorry.

19495969798100»

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Veretas wrote: »
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Veretas wrote: »
    Chico did you get the flu

I don't have the flu but I am the illest.

I heard you got some pretty sick rhymes too

you should get those checked.

I am frequently checking myself lest I wreck myself.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    tumblr_neljxkmTWc1r1oskao1_1280.png

Edgar just sits there and I hate him for it. Son of a bitch, that guy…

Gunshow. Ending soon. Has had its fair shake of dicks and other assorted nasties within its archives.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    i dunno

edgar seems alright

hi edgar hi

how are you

• Options
    AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    tumblr_ndk3qqUiUc1tcss7no1_500.png

tumblr_ne7cxemU6t1tcss7no1_500.png

tumblr_nea3iuv9eH1tcss7no1_r1_500.png

Ellie of the Stars by Shoona is about determination

:bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    The MAOH discussion from yesterday actually reminded me of something that bothers me about Bravely Default. (To be clear, this isn't even annoying or a pet peeve, so when I say "bother" I mean "it bothers me very slightly".)

In BD, your characters are all at least 17 years old (I think the youngest is 16 or 17, but the others are all 19-21). For most people, you've stopped growing by then, you've reached your adult height. Yet every time the player characters are shown with any other adult character, the adults are all at least a head taller.

Now, maybe they're all kind of short, but I doubt it? At a minimum, you meet one of the character's (minor spoilers?)
    parents, you'd figure she'd at least be as tall as her mom

It's a style thing. The game is made in homage to the 2D era Final Fantasy games, where the scale of sprites vary wildly. It's pretty close to a 3D representation of what those old games would look like while keeping the same scales/feeling of the art.

Only downfall is they never double in size after some midpoint part of the story

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Didn't they age up the Bravely Default characters for the localization or something?

This discussion has been closed.