As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

COULD YOU IMAGINE THE SMT Persona Thread? IT'S GENIUS!

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I am a big fan of that battle UI.

P5 freshest game of 2016.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Someone had to pick up what Splatoon was putting down

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    :snap:

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Phantasy Star 2 is not weird but really kind of that creepy awkward
    Still it would be awesome if they brought PS 2/3/4 to the 3ds
    Farewell free time I knew ye well

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    sweet mercy

the style

it's like magic

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    That trailer did an excellent job of getting me excited for things that I cannot actually identify. Neat trick, that.

"Can't wait to do something inscrutable to that whatever it is!"

Reeeeally could've done without the adolescent cheesecake, but hopefully that nonsense will be brief.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »

I'd rather have Vinny and Austin.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Tea time gal is 100% the requisite French exchange student, yeah?

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Hacker girl's persona is a UFO named Necronomicon.

GotY.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »

On the one hand I think Dan would be hilarious if he were involved, but on the other hand I'm not sure I can handle cringing continuously for 20-25 minutes straight.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »

I'd rather have the whole beast team

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    ph blake wrote: »
    Hacker girl's persona is a UFO named Necronomicon.

GotY.

I guess she's the Fuuka/Rise analogue. Looked like she interrupted an enemy attack to buff the party before the attack connected.

I am all about Spiked Knuckle Girl and DS2 Lucatiel Lady.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    DEC 8 2016

8 years to the date of P4 NA release

atlus pls

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Everything about this game is very aggressive and I love it

I hope you're actually fighting demons instead of just shadows that look like demons and I wonder what the whole wildcard persona switching will be like since you're fighting things that would normally be your persona designs

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Looking at that cast image

Looks like 4 dudes, 4 ladies, and a cat

As it should be

but will the cat turn into a sexy dude or a sexy lady, is the thing

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Also it's great that the navigator perfectly fills the heist movie mission control hacker archetype

also i'm gonna get the train rolling on shipping ann and ryuji.

SCREECH OF THE FARG on
    gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Gal who sits down for tea in the middle of battle is already my favorite

Yeah, my romance social link is looking a lot harder to decide on right now.

French girl is rad.

Punch girl is rad.

And if Persona trends continue, I will almost certainly like the catsuit girl (who is definitely gonna be Lovers arcana).

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Everything about this game is very aggressive and I love it

I hope you're actually fighting demons instead of just shadows that look like demons and I wonder what the whole wildcard persona switching will be like since you're fighting things that would normally be your persona designs

I reallyreally hope it's some sort of system wherein you use fusions to teach your persona new moves but you get to use the main persona/upgraded forms throughout the game. Always sad when you have to abandon the super awesome MC persona in favor of better stats super early.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    As I say that I just read that some of the CE bonus DLC are versions of Orpheus and Izanagi (both in original form and P5 form whatever that means) So it seems like we're still swapping.

Harumph!!!

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Jokers Wild baby

• Options
    I've already resigned myself to paying out the ass for whatever omega collectors edition gets announced for the US.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I'm sure someone's already translated that whole trailer somewhere, but I noticed they called the French style new girl 'bishojo kaitou' and she seems to introduce herself as that like it's her title. Maybe a Sailor Venus situation, where she's had her powers and been doing this on her own for a while before she joins them?

Also I think that was Alice doing her Die For Me attack in there at one point!

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I'm sure someone's already translated that whole trailer somewhere, but I noticed they called the French style new girl 'bishojo kaitou' and she seems to introduce herself as that like it's her title. Maybe a Sailor Venus situation, where she's had her powers and been doing this on her own for a while before she joins them?

Also I think that was Alice doing her Die For Me attack in there at one point!

You have to type it as BISHOUJO KAITO! Sorry but thems the rules.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Megane reminded me a lot of Frau from Robotics;Notes. Best navigator yet, by a country mile.

Love how varied the cast is, way more than I expected.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    PUNCH GIRL PUNCH GIRL

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Every minute this game is not in my life is literal torture. I'm way past figurative at this point.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    gtrmp wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Does she also have a Billy The Kid western look going on?

why do they even need other characters

given her French chevalier look and the general "doomed outlaw" nature of all the other party members Personas we've had named so far, I'd be willing to bet that her Persona is La Maupin

and the armored girl on the Tron lightcycle who gets more play earlier in the trailer is almost certainly Joan of Arc

Isn't Joan of Arc more of a martyred military/saint figure? That doesn't really seem to fit the theme of infamous outlaws to me.
    I guess if the UFO is Necronomicon that means it isn't super strict about the theme though.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    So far I'm liking the ladies in the cast far more than the dudes.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I like blonde skull mask guy

The rest of the dudes aren't grabbing my attention yet

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Yeah the male character designs definitely don't make as much of an impression on me as the female character designs.
    But I can't tell if they:
    - actually made the female designs stand out more than the male ones, or if it's
    - just my personal perception bias, or if
    - it was maybe that way in 3 and 4 too and it just feels like the characters were more equally distinct because of the non-visual characterization they gained later from the actual story and dialogue. I don't FEEL like the female characters stood out more than the male ones in those games before I played them, but memory is awfully unreliable for that sort of ephemeral first impression...

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Kanji is really the only male character in the P4 cast that stands out from a visual perspective

Persona characters are defined by personality first and foremost

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    female characters have more design elements on their person thus the current stand-out

also we've seen basically nothing of the last guy, and the artist dude we know nothing other than "artist dude", i don't think we've even seen his weapon

whereas we've seen PUNCH and SHOOT

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I want the blonde guy's cat-eyes sleep mask.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    lLSXpQO.jpg

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    so when is this game coming out on pc

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    so when is this game coming out on pc

When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves.

This discussion has been closed.