As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Movies] III: Let's All Go To The Lobby

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Haha, yeah, I remember I thought some dumb shit when I was a teenager

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Man I was a pretty dumb teenager but that shit goes beyond anything I can remember

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I have a friend from college who posted that about how great it was that they were into quantum mechanics and deep philosophy and just

no

no they are into magical bullshit

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Man I was a pretty dumb teenager but that shit goes beyond anything I can remember

It's dumb teenage shit with a No Real World Experience Multiplier

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I love the driver's ed logic

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Did she say she went to school for a year, as in, she went for a year and then stopped
    Come on, Will
    Send your kids to school

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    I love the driver's ed logic

We have all these doctors and nurses and hospitals but it's like, people still die you know?

Why even bother with those things

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Every country in the world has a police force, but there's still all this crime, man

I used to wear clothes but sometimes I'd still get cold, right? So no more clothes

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I couldn't read past the first paragraph.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Did she say she went to school for a year, as in, she went for a year and then stopped
    Come on, Will
    Send your kids to school

Tutors, yo

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »

I used to wear clothes but sometimes I'd still get cold, right? So no more clothes

At last the heart of the matter is revealed

• Options
    Come on, Will
    Send your kids to school

You don't learn anything in school Grey Ghost, come on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I forget, are they scientologists?

I'm assuming they are just based on that first paragraph.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

I believe so, yeah

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Holy lord that interview

• Options
    "We generally don't believe in punishment. From the time Jaden was five or six we would sit him down, and all he has to do is be able to explain why what he did was the right thing for his life."

Oh

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    That is not teenager dumb that is just, fucking stupid crazy

• Options
    Ugh, I want to like everything about Will Smith but those kids...

• Options
    That dude totally knew what he was doing with that question, though.

• Options
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

At last the heart of the matter is revealed

Clothes also restricted my prana energy flow

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    I have a leak in my Prana energy flow

• Options

I bet you're wearing clothes, huh

When will people learn

PSN- AHermano
  • Options

I bet you're wearing clothes, huh

When will people learn

Actually I'm only wearing a pair of Brazilian trunks.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

will and jada are pretty cagey about the scientology thing

they've said they're not, but they gave some sort of large donation to a scientology-related education fund? among other things? or something?

i clearly don't know the specifics but the hollywood secret-not-secret word is that they are (and are also each other's beards of course)

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I'm afraid somebody showed those kids that stupid What The Bleep Do We Know movie

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    a lotta people in here sound jelly that they aren't as smart as the smith kids

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    a lotta people in here sound jelly that they aren't as smart as the smith kids

There's a duality to that thinking. While we're being jealous at the same time we're proud of our lack of knowledge.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Not really, but I am hella jelly that I don't have tons of money and get to do cool shit like star in movies and show up to Kanye's wedding in a Batman costume like it isn't even a thing.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    As a former dumb teen who tried to pretend he was into metaphysics I can't imagine sounding too different if I had been called on my bluff.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i'm kind of loving how attuned to each other willow and jaden are in that interview

i'm also loving this mental image i have of the smith compound existing in the state of eternal ssj ted talk

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    So uh

Willow and Jaden Smith did an interview and

well

read for yourselves:
    I'm curious about your experience of time. Do you feel like life is moving really quickly? Is your music one way to sort of turn it over and reflect on it?

WILLOW: I mean, time for me, I can make it go slow or fast, however I please, and that's how I know it doesn't exist.

JADEN: It's proven that how time moves for you depends on where you are in the universe. It's relative to beings and other places. But on the level of being here on earth, if you are aware in a moment, one second can last a year. And if you are unaware, your whole childhood, your whole life can pass by in six seconds. But it's also such a thing that you can get lost in.

WILLOW: Because living.

JADEN: Right, because you have to live. There's a theoretical physicist inside all of our minds, and you can talk and talk, but it's living.

WILLOW: It's the action of it.

[...]

WILLOW (On her Music): And the feeling of being like, this is a fragment of a holographic reality that a higher consciousness made.

JADEN: Exactly. Because your mind has a duality to it. So when one thought goes into your mind, it's not just one thought, it has to bounce off both hemispheres of the brain. When you're thinking about something happy, you're thinking about something sad. When you think about an apple, you also think about the opposite of an apple. It's a tool for understanding mathematics and things with two separate realities. But for creativity: That comes from a place of oneness. That's not a duality consciousness. And you can't listen to your mind in those times — it'll tell you what you think and also what other people think.

[...]

WILLOW: Breathing is meditation; life is a meditation. You have to breathe in order to live, so breathing is how you get in touch with the sacred space of your heart.

JADEN: When babies are born, their soft spots bump: It has, like, a heartbeat in it. That's because energy is coming through their body, up and down.

WILLOW: Prana energy.

JADEN: It's prana energy because they still breathe through their stomach. They remember. Babies remember.

WILLOW: When they're in the stomach, they're so aware, putting all their bones together, putting all their ligaments together. But they're shocked by this harsh world.

JADEN: By the chemicals and things, and then slowly…

WILLOW: As they grow up, they start losing.

JADEN: You know, they become just like us.

[...]

So is the hardest education the unlearning of things?

WILLOW: Yes, basically, but the crazy thing is it doesn’t have to be like that.

JADEN: Here’s the deal: School is not authentic because it ends. It’s not true, it’s not real. Our learning will never end. The school that we go to every single morning, we will continue to go to.

WILLOW: Forever, ‘til the day that we’re in our bed.

JADEN: Kids who go to normal school are so teenagery, so angsty.

WILLOW: They never want to do anything, they’re so tired.

JADEN: You never learn anything in school. Think about how many car accidents happen every day. Driver’s ed? What’s up? I still haven’t been to driver’s ed because if everybody I know has been in an accident, I can’t see how driver’s ed is really helping them out.

WILLOW: I went to school for one year. It was the best experience but the worst experience. The best experience because I was, like, “Oh, now I know why kids are so depressed.” But it was the worst experience because I was depressed.

http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/11/17/jaden-and-willow-smith-exclusive-joint-interview/?_r=1

good god

wow
    rich people are insane

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    So uh

Willow and Jaden Smith did an interview and

well

read for yourselves:
    I'm curious about your experience of time. Do you feel like life is moving really quickly? Is your music one way to sort of turn it over and reflect on it?

WILLOW: I mean, time for me, I can make it go slow or fast, however I please, and that's how I know it doesn't exist.

JADEN: It's proven that how time moves for you depends on where you are in the universe. It's relative to beings and other places. But on the level of being here on earth, if you are aware in a moment, one second can last a year. And if you are unaware, your whole childhood, your whole life can pass by in six seconds. But it's also such a thing that you can get lost in.

WILLOW: Because living.

JADEN: Right, because you have to live. There's a theoretical physicist inside all of our minds, and you can talk and talk, but it's living.

WILLOW: It's the action of it.

[...]

WILLOW (On her Music): And the feeling of being like, this is a fragment of a holographic reality that a higher consciousness made.

JADEN: Exactly. Because your mind has a duality to it. So when one thought goes into your mind, it's not just one thought, it has to bounce off both hemispheres of the brain. When you're thinking about something happy, you're thinking about something sad. When you think about an apple, you also think about the opposite of an apple. It's a tool for understanding mathematics and things with two separate realities. But for creativity: That comes from a place of oneness. That's not a duality consciousness. And you can't listen to your mind in those times — it'll tell you what you think and also what other people think.

[...]

WILLOW: Breathing is meditation; life is a meditation. You have to breathe in order to live, so breathing is how you get in touch with the sacred space of your heart.

JADEN: When babies are born, their soft spots bump: It has, like, a heartbeat in it. That's because energy is coming through their body, up and down.

WILLOW: Prana energy.

JADEN: It's prana energy because they still breathe through their stomach. They remember. Babies remember.

WILLOW: When they're in the stomach, they're so aware, putting all their bones together, putting all their ligaments together. But they're shocked by this harsh world.

JADEN: By the chemicals and things, and then slowly…

WILLOW: As they grow up, they start losing.

JADEN: You know, they become just like us.

[...]

So is the hardest education the unlearning of things?

WILLOW: Yes, basically, but the crazy thing is it doesn’t have to be like that.

JADEN: Here’s the deal: School is not authentic because it ends. It’s not true, it’s not real. Our learning will never end. The school that we go to every single morning, we will continue to go to.

WILLOW: Forever, ‘til the day that we’re in our bed.

JADEN: Kids who go to normal school are so teenagery, so angsty.

WILLOW: They never want to do anything, they’re so tired.

JADEN: You never learn anything in school. Think about how many car accidents happen every day. Driver’s ed? What’s up? I still haven’t been to driver’s ed because if everybody I know has been in an accident, I can’t see how driver’s ed is really helping them out.

WILLOW: I went to school for one year. It was the best experience but the worst experience. The best experience because I was, like, “Oh, now I know why kids are so depressed.” But it was the worst experience because I was depressed.

http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/11/17/jaden-and-willow-smith-exclusive-joint-interview/?_r=1

good god

wow
    rich people are insane

Children whose parents indulge their every whim and give no guidance of any kind have some weird ideas yeah

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Stop quoting it!

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    JADEN: Exactly. Because your mind has a duality to it. So when one thought goes into your mind, it's not just one thought, it has to bounce off both hemispheres of the brain. When you're thinking about something happy, you're thinking about something sad. When you think about an apple, you also think about the opposite of an apple.

Holy shitballs.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    nega-apple

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    On the topic of movies

The Hunger Games 3 Mockingjay Part 1 comes out this Friday, and is doing pretty well on Rotten Tomatoes

I'm curious now if they'll actually pull off the rare entire-franchise-is-critically-acclaimed-and-crazy-profitable

Anyways yeah, I loved the first two so I'm pretty eager to see the third. I've somehow avoided seeing a single trailer for it and am just going to keep it that way

• Options
    edited November 2014
    The opposite of an apple is a glass full of bacon grease

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    The apple thing makes sense. To know what something is you must also know what it isn't. The two hemispheres thing is not true,

• Options
    I'm not sure I know what an apple isn't

• Options
    Typing that sentence physically caused me pain.

This discussion has been closed.