As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 10/17/2014 - What did you ever do?

UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
Death of Wolverine #4 The last sacrifice
After finding out the man who turned him into Weapon X, is trying to recreate him (though needed his healing factor to have the metal bond to his test subjects without killing them), he stops the adamantium injection, but gets covered in the liquid metal in the process.

Q5Q6Bx5.jpg

n1ht49o.jpg

FeCnMrU.jpg

Miles Morales #6 Miles vs the Goblin round 2
3twGhhn.jpg

28SqJF2.jpg

DfYkNwy.jpg

Bonus heart warming page!
RXyCsCz.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Oh noes the ultimate regenerator has been encased in carbonite made from the same stuff as his bones in a universe with people and robots that can phase through or alter matter clearly he is forever lost. ;p

• Options
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Oh noes the ultimate regenerator has been encased in carbonite made from the same stuff as his bones in a universe with people and robots that can phase through or alter matter clearly he is forever lost. ;p
    except he dont have that healing factor hoss. (but yes easy enough to back off in a couple of years)

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Guys its worse than that. The bald guy was shot in the head years ago. He was dead.

So the death of wolverines final villian had come back from the dead because comics. The irony. Ohhhhhhhh so rich.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Clearly, there will never again be any more Wolverine stories. Those back issues will be worth millions!

dr-evil-large.jpg?1357447805

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I find this cynicism kinda tiring to be honest

congratulations, you've figured out how stories in a serialized medium work, you insightful free thinkers you

I don't care that he will eventually come back, they told a good story about him dying, they'll hopefully tell some good stories about the rest of the universe reacting to his death, and eventually, probably in a few years time as Soule has said that there are currently 0 plans to do so any time soon, they'll tell what will probably be a good story about him coming back. That's more than good enough for me.

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Of course, this also feeds into the 'Marvel killing off/canceling books of characters they don't have movie rights to' conspiracy.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    I find this cynicism kinda tiring to be honest

congratulations, you've figured out how stories in a serialized medium work, you insightful free thinkers you

I don't care that he will eventually come back, they told a good story about him dying, they'll hopefully tell some good stories about the rest of the universe reacting to his death, and eventually, probably in a few years time as Soule has said that there are currently 0 plans to do so any time soon, they'll tell what will probably be a good story about him coming back. That's more than good enough for me.

I think like you said it comes down to telling good stories; bringing back Bucky allowed for years of great story to be told by Brubaker, same with killing off Cap (although Reborn wasn't as good an end cap to it as everything that preceded). I recently read the "Death of Wolverine" miniseries and besides the art wasn't very impressed, and the previews for the follow up series looks kind of 'meh' to me. The whole build up, in fact the entire latest run of "Wolverine" was incredibly sub-par although that's the fault of Cornell and not Soule. The best recent Wolverine series was Savage (besides the Jimenez arc which was a stinker) and that had no tie-in. I think the difference is Brubaker had everything planned out years in advance, with Wolverine it sounds like they really don't have any plans and just seems like an editorial edict
    Of course, this also feeds into the 'Marvel killing off/canceling books of characters they don't have movie rights to' conspiracy.

Also, Wolverine will always equal money for Marvel regardless of film/tv rights:

92report6.jpg

Zavian on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    We all know he'll be back - I want to speculate as to how.
    He lost his healing factor to a Microverse virus, right? I bet he got pulled into the Microverse at the last second to be cured. Someone's gonna cut that adamantium off him later on and it'll be hollow and empty inside - dun dun dun!

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    He lost his healing factor to a Microverse virus, right? I bet he got pulled into the Microverse at the last second to be cured. Someone's gonna cut that adamantium off him later on and it'll be hollow and empty inside - dun dun dun!
    I'll put my money down on "Secret clone left over in a secret Weapon X bunker that was secretly triggered to activate when Wolverine actually truly dies for real (secret)".
    That leads to a cliffhanger showing a warehouse full of wolverine clone tubes suddenly coming online and threatening to drown the local town in short, hairy Canadians with bad attitudes and bone claws.

• Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    And then we'd finally have an explanation for why he's everywhere.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    I'll put my money down on "Secret clone left over in a secret Weapon X bunker that was secretly triggered to activate when Wolverine actually truly dies for real (secret)".
    That leads to a cliffhanger showing a warehouse full of wolverine clone tubes suddenly coming online and threatening to drown the local town in short, hairy Canadians with bad attitudes and bone claws.

"Wolverinescape."

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    nah, they'll replace him with Governor James Howlett during Secret Wars, and it'll be so popular they'll forget about the original

• Options
    Nah, WolverTooth is going to be the best obv

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2014

Those conspiracies piss me off, given Wolverine's death is being followed up with books like Spider-Man and the X-Men, where Marvel doesn't have the film rights to either Spider-Man or the X-men, and Wolverines, a book about a group comprised of Mystique, Sabertooth, Daken, X-23, and Lady Deathstrike, among others, and I don't think Marvel has ANY of those rights. Wolverines is weekly to boot.

We also have, for the first time ever, on-goings for Cyclops, Storm and Magneto. Nightcrawler is back, and they have Chris Clairemont writing an X-book, on top of one of their highest selling authors, Bendis, writing TWO X-books. Marvel's only all-female team book is also an X-book.

Quite frankly, Marvel is doing an APPALLING job at destroying the X-franchise. I except better from a Disney subsidiary, quite frankly.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Everyone is Logan.