As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[American Dad!] - Now Available (in some counties) on Disney+'s Star

• AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I think the show still holds up, my only criticism is they seem to have fallen back on the Everyone Hates Meg style of storytelling with Hayley.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I liked the newest episode, the Snot gay joke was spot-on perfect with a solid A and B plot.

I think Hayley isn't Meg yet simply because Meg doesn't do anything to deserve it, but Hayley is always on RBF no-fun mode.

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I don't like how Hayley is a one note character. Every one else can play mulitiple roles, ever Roger! But Hayley is always anti fun.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I don't like how Hayley is a one note character. Every one else can play mulitiple roles, ever Roger! But Hayley is always anti fun.

Not always.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VshH4cLRr9U

Mostly

• GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    I had a...strange reaction to this commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCOsOopzmxQ

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    What I'd like to see is a little character growth. Something that maybe adds a second note to them.

Won't happen, though.

Imagine how much worse Hayley would be if they'd really stuck to the hippie child of an ultra conservative father concept. The first season is hard to watch these days.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    What happened to Terry? I admit I've only been half watching for a while, but when did he leave?

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    What happened to Terry? I admit I've only been half watching for a while, but when did he leave?

Mike Barker left when they moved the show to TBS.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Oh my God I'm so sad now.

But it being 311 he went to go follow is such a damn good joke that's how you write a character out (ha!)

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    God this season has been abysmal.

As long as one character doesn't give herpes to a baby through 'blood brother' contact, it will be a great season.

• Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    As long as one character doesn't give herpes to a baby through 'blood brother' contact, it will be a great season.

I forget, was that Family Guy?

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Oh its gone well past that.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    Mr Khan wrote: »

I forget, was that Family Guy?

Yeah. When that episode airs I find anything else to do.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    This season hasn't been memorable. Which makes me really sad.

steam_sig.png
  • Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    That's my issue too. Most of the new stuff is resoundingly meh. Not terrible, because the show has a good enough flow that it's hard to make it actively bad as long as they stick to the formula, but definitely stale.

It's still cleverly written and enjoyable.

That's more than can be said of Family Guy or Simpsons.

'I can't look, did he get me?' Commercial

...and the Dish signal went black... So, yeah. Thanks, Obama!

I liked it, good 200th episode with a callback to all the Rogers because of course its Roger's fault.

Saw it in the Adult Swim re-broadcast.

What I like most is that the post-apocalypse episode is right before they take a week off for basketball.

I loved the 200. Ricky Spanish.....

How could you forget Clip Clop?

I loved this episode, anything with Steve trying to get laid is great.

"Oh my god I had a tracheotomy"
    "Actually, my master said I needed a new sex hole"

Jesus!

I'm actually a bit sad that Steve had to sacrifice actually being cool and happy just to save Snot.

I'll be damned a not awful episode of American Dad.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    I'll be damned a not awful episode of American Dad.

So like most of them?

steam_sig.png
    Not this season.

Every one has their own opinions.

Most of this Season has been pretty Meh imo.

• HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    It hasn't been amazing every episode this season...but "awful"? C'mon...

camo_sig2.png
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Was anyone else thinking of that Duckman episode?

• EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    I'm still catching up with this season.I can see why people might not be into it in general, but at minimum, the 200 was a classic.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
    Last night's wasn't bad either!

It wasn't. I figured it was 50/50 from the start that he'd either keep hitting her with new personas over and over again, or yeah, just straight up stealing her identity.

Well I enjoyed it!

• DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    yeah I sort of zoned out on the last episode.

• EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop with the other lady being an imposter herself, or maybe a hyper-advanced persona that Roger forgot about. Surprised they played it straight.

Now that I'm caught up, though, I thought the Unincludeds was excellent as well, so maybe they're on an upswing.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
    edited May 2016
    Good episode, the Dylithium crystals and Francine's complete refusal to accept that part of the fantasy was great.

And the subtle use of the kid making a wooshing sound as he flies across the screen in his cardboard ship, which sets up when they're in full fantasy mode and a ship flies through the sky making the same sound.

AlphaRomero on
    I admit I didn't pay much attention to this week's episode. I'll rewatch it next week on AS.

Honestly, after the Floor Spaghetti joke, I just tuned it out. Neither of the stories really seemed interesting enough.

Last night's episode brought to you by RationalWiki!

And I still didn't pay attention to the LARP episode. So, yeah.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    American dad now has a "Season 10 coming May 17" on Netflix, are we going to finally get the post Fox seasons?

Woo

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508