Options

[The Legend of Zelda] This thread got turned into a pink bunny, find the new one.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Oh my god. Agitha is so bad. I cant do a fucking thing with her.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Wind Waker and LttP are my favorite LoZ, and Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are the only two 3D LoZs I enjoyed. Good exploration and pacing are so crucial. OoC and Skyward Sword felt like an empty desolate slog to the point I'm unwilling to even try Majora's Mask.

Naturally, Link Between Worlds rocked my socks off.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    heenato wrote: »

YX hits like eighteen times and juggles everyone forever.

YYYXX works great for getting you out of trouble

YYYYX is pretty great for clearing out huge armies, but you need the hitstun invulnerability to pull it off.

YYX is awful in all the ways a thing can be awful. Slow, vulnerable, and difficult to hit with.

X is a great escape move, since you can't be hit while it's up.

A is okay, but more of a panic button than anything else.

Her weak-point strike (on non Giants) is AMAZING and clears whole fields of enemies. If you know how to expose weak points and just YXYX she will beat face.

Everything after that is just Leveling Up.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »

YYYYX is pretty great for clearing out huge armies, but you need the hitstun invulnerability to pull it off.

YYX is awful in all the ways a thing can be awful. Slow, vulnerable, and difficult to hit with.

Her weak-point strike (on non Giants) is AMAZING and clears whole fields of enemies. If you know how to expose weak points and just YXYX she will beat face.

Everything after that is just Leveling Up.

You rarely need anything but YX and YYX. YX, dodge, YX breaks weak points to pieces. YYX tears groups apart while keeping them airborne forever (You can dodge out of it right away and it still comes out).

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular

And wings.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Yeah, Agitha's the worst character in the game but you can still make her work.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Maz- wrote: »

I have a much harder time making Zant work than I do Agitha.

• Options
    Yeah, Zant isn't all that great either.

• Options
    I wouldn't really care, but my progress through the master quest map is ENTIRELY blocked by Agitha. Because she is literally the only mission available that will lead me to a harp.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Also...the more I play Ocarina's Master Quest the more I hate it. I just don't think the dungeons flow. They feel obtuse just for the sake of being obtuse. I'm up to the Fire Temple right now...does it get better?

I never liked Ocarina's Master Quest. The puzzles don't feel right, they just feel random. Nintendo gameplay always makes sense in the context of the world, usually, but the Ocarina MQ has this sort of "throw all your items at everything and hope for the right interaction".

My favourite is in the Spirit Temple when you have to hit a switch as an adult to open a door that you can only go through as a child because yeah, that's how time travel works, sure

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular

I have a much harder time making Zant work than I do Agitha.
    Zant is a really good character, but it's all about tied to managing his character specific bar. If you can manage filling the bar up without over filling it, which becomes easy after a level or two of play, you can just spin like a dervish and pop supers. The moves I used the most to fill it were the hop around stomps and pop on top of the totem poll and shoot. You can position those fairly well, get decent range, and do recent damage while waiting to empty the bar.

Didn't play around with skills on him much but you can probably take advantage of a few of the skills to make up for him being a lots of little hits rather than a few big hits character too.

• Options
    I wouldn't call him "really good". Yeah, the totem pole move is decent and emptying the gauge gives you some options, but that's pretty much it. He's also absolutely worthless against giant bosses.

• Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I must be missing something about Zant's bar, because the bar-emptying moves just don't seem that powerful. The spinning move is fun and all, but it doesn't seem to do a lot of damage, and seems particularly worthless against bosses. The projectile move just seems...bad.

With Zant, I usually use one of the stomping combos to fill his bar because why not, and then just spam his YYYYYY combo for the rest of the map. It seems to work fine.

Billmaan on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Zant sucks purely because when you fight him he NEVER exposes his weakness gauge. It's always the worst fight ever because you have to beat him down slowly.

And he kind of sucks to play as too. Though you get used to all of them eventually. Agitha is actually pretty decent but you have to play her really specifically or she sucks. She is super slow but she has some pretty devastating moves.

All of them also benefit more from having really decent weapons and levels. Unfortunately I think Zant and Agitha's weapons can be kind of a pain to unlock.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Zant sucks purely because when you fight him he NEVER exposes his weakness gauge. It's always the worst fight ever because you have to beat him down slowly.

And he kind of sucks to play as too. Though you get used to all of them eventually. Agitha is actually pretty decent but you have to play her really specifically or she sucks. She is super slow but she has some pretty devastating moves.

Actually, Zant's weak point is unique. You have to do things to his finishers. Like, hit the totem pole. Hit the small spinning head. This messes it up and makes him vulnerable.

• Options
    Or block. He reveals it after you block through quite a few of his combos.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    I wouldn't call him "really good". Yeah, the totem pole move is decent and emptying the gauge gives you some options, but that's pretty much it. He's also absolutely worthless against giant bosses.
    He's not Volga, Master Sword Link, or Naginata Impa good, but I'd rate him pretty high.

Never had an issue A ranking with him once he was finally leveled close to the other characters I spent more time with.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I'm really struggling with the "kill 700 in 10 minutes" quests. Gohma is just relentless and the minions seems really sparse. I'm sort of blocked on both sides by them and they just arent as fun as the other missions. Anyone have any tips for the one in the lost woods? Or should I just come back with a level 50 character or whatever.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Ignore any bosses and go after the goons. There should be enough, since they spawn more every couple hundred kills.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Another thing, any reason to not pick Master Sword Link over Regular Sword Link?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    A really nice set of skills on a 5* magic sword.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Are you screaming nonsenseical gibberish?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Another thing, any reason to not pick Master Sword Link over Regular Sword Link?

Until you have all the weapons and have unlocked the Master Sword skill, a Magical Sword with a couple stars is much better. Not to mention that you can have a ton of skill slots the Magical Sword to make things easier or more rewarding. The little bit of extra range on the Master Sword doesn't overcome the benefit of +EXP, +Rupee, +Material, etc.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    What are the best skills to use? So far I've just been loading up on EXP, Slots, Materials, Rupees, and Stars. Most of the VS skills I've seen have been too situational to replace one of those five.

Also, is there any way to transfer multiple skills from weapon to weapon or is it always one to one?

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    What are the best skills to use? So far I've just been loading up on EXP, Slots, Materials, Rupees, and Stars. Most of the VS skills I've seen have been too situational to replace one of those five.

Also, is there any way to transfer multiple skills from weapon to weapon or is it always one to one?

Well, EXP stops being good once you're 99, which Link hit last night. Rupees will probably be good until everyone is 99. +Materials will be necessary until everybody is upgraded.

So it's sort of, use all the + abilities until you max out, and then start putting together something with all the VS abilities. That's my plan anyway.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Depends on how much damage you're getting from the regular level 3 sword like others said. Once you get a level 3 sword with 3 or more stars it can be worth it based on the skills available. The Master Sword eventually gets 500 attack power making it the best weapon in the game purely damage wise, but the bonuses the MS provides over other weapons with double spins and beam attacks give Link a ton of ranged damage as well. Volga and Naginata Impa are the only things that come close to or meet how efficient Link's MS is at that point.
    LINK'S MASTER SWORD (HW03E)

NOTE: The Master Sword's moveset is identical to the Hylian Sword, except that
    it is enhanced in some ways, and further enhanced in other ways if Link
    is at full health. Only the changes will be discussed here.

SA: Has additional range and damage for both the uncharged and the charged
    version. Does not appear to be dependant on health.
    C2: During the upwards slash, three shockwaves are sent along the ground
    in a narrow \|/ pattern. If you press the Strong Attack move
    immediately after dodging, the shockwaves will travel in a wider
    pattern. Must have full health to get this bonus.
    C3: Link sends three wide horizontal waves in a \|/ pattern along with the
    smaller horizontal spinning projectile. Must have full health to get
    this bonus.
    C4: Additional range and damage. Does not appear to be dependant on health.
    C5: Additional damage on the shield slam. Does not appear to be dependant
    on health.
    R9: As Link's sword his the ground, three shockwaves are sent along the ground
    in a \|/ pattern. Must have full health to get this bonus.
    Air Follow-Up: The three aerial slashes each send a horizontal wave down and
    in front of Link. Must have full health to get this bonus.
    Spin Follow-Up: Deals more damage indicated by a flash of light. Does not
    appear to be dependant on health.

Summary: Strong Attack and C4 have additional range and damage regardless of
    health, and C5 and Spin Follow-Up have additional damage regardless of
    health. C2, C3, and R9 fire triple ground shockwaves if you're at full
    health, and Air Follow-Up slashes fire waves towards the ground if you're
    at full health. The C2 executed as a Dodge Follow-Up fires wider waves than
    his regular C2.

One skill at a time, every time.

Skills depend on the character.

Ganondorf wants Darkness+ on every weapon he has. Everything Ganondorf does except for normal attacks is slow as hell meaning timing is important when A ranking so you can't just let things fly without making sure you won't take a ton of damage in later levels. With Darkness+ Ganondorf side steps that and becomes one of the best characters in the game since you couple his best in game attack power per level (instead of alternating 4 and 5 or 5 and 6 like other characters Ganondorf gets 6 attack power every level) with the Darkness+ skill (lets the darkness element apply to multiple targets rather than one). Get Darkness+ on your weapon, charge his bar like normal until it's full and glowing purple, then just mash out normal attack strings. You'll notice how you're getting the darkness indicator on the entire swarm you're hitting rather than only getting it when 1v1' ing a single enemy. It's a substantial damage allowing him to A rank pretty easily.

You can usually pair the element of the weapon with the same element+ skill to get a similar boost like the Ganondorf example. Darunia has a few moves that make Fire+ very useful, Ruto gets even more ridiculously good with Water+ once you can time her attacks, Zelda gets great use from the bonus air juggle damage from Lightning+ with her baton. Then you get things like Lightning+ with Link's gauntlets that don't matter as much since he doesn't juggle as well nor as often as Zelda's baton does.

While you're leveling up the skills you listed are all useful just like the element+ skills. The other skills get far more situational and aren't worth worrying too much about until you're putting together an empty or relatively empty five star level 3 weapon. By then you know what your favorite moves are and what the better moves are per weapon moveset to use the specific move boosting skills, i.e. combo move 3 (weak, weak, strong) skill. Likewise for then knowing what enemy characters you struggle with to use the damage boost against specific character skills, ie. more damage against only Ganondorf.

Column on
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    The new weapon in the Twilight Princess pack has been confirmed to be for Zelda, but no word as to what it is (people are guessing Dominion Rod to incorporate in Phantom Armor stuff like Smash did).

Also the Link Cosplay costume has been confirmed to be...
    ...The Postman (presumably the TP version since it's the TP pack).

No word on what the second costume is.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    The new weapon in the Twilight Princess pack has been confirmed to be for Zelda, but no word as to what it is (people are guessing Dominion Rod to incorporate in Phantom Armor stuff like Smash did).

Also the Link Cosplay costume has been confirmed to be...
    ...The Postman (presumably the TP version since it's the TP pack).

No word on what the second costume is.

Hmm.

Acceptable

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    The level 3 Dominion Rod will allow you to use it outside of the Twilight Princess adventure map.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Ok having this many adventure maps is already ridiculous. And there are more coming?

I can't imagine that they would take more dev time to create than it does to play them!

I guess it can't be said that there isn't enough stuff to do in this game. Geez.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    According to Neogaf the v1.4.0 amiibo update will raise the level cap, add new potion, and add more achievement medals among other things.

Also I almost thought that Ilia costume was another costume for Link instead of Zelda.

BronzeKoopa on
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Holy cow, I unlocked so much DLC all at once.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    The Majora's Mask DLC is also supposed to have an Adventure Map of it's own.

Looking at the Twilight Princess map, it doesn't look like it has any recolor costumes like the Master Quest map had (which probably means Twili Midna doesn't get an alt) and there are only six weapon icons which is a bit less too.

I'd imagine the six weapons are:

*Twilight Mirror Rank 2 and 3 (for Twili Midna)
    *Dominion Rod Rank 2 and 3 (for Zelda)
    *8-Bit Keys (for Ganondorf, shown in a screenshot)
    *8-Bit Ring (for regular Midna, I've heard people saying this can already show up in the game on the MQ map if you get a Network Link with Midna as the opponent)

Edit: Apparently that MQ Network Link thing can also get an enemy Agitha with an 8-Bit Parasol and an enemy Wizzro with an 8-Bit Ring (apparently Midna has the red one and he has the blue one?), so perhaps the Dominion Rod will just be unlocked fully like Epona and these other two 8-bits will take the other two spots?

Lars on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    8-bit Ring might be for Wizzro.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Uncursed Midna looks awesome.

• Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    B2gWg01.jpg

Aaaaargh! I see that thing! That freaky chicken woman thing!

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    These cute little fellas?
    (Edit: now spoilered to hide the horror.)
    vx3n09ap8sku.png

No really they are horrifying, and I refuse the fan theory of Ooccas and City in the Sky dungeon being evolved loftwings and the ruins of Skyloft.

BronzeKoopa on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    See I was going to post that exact thing but then I thought, damn, that is just really NSFW and I'll get super infracted.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky