Options

[The Legend of Zelda] This thread got turned into a pink bunny, find the new one.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I like that she totally can force it to work without meter.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Anyone else wondering just which sword they'll use next for badges if they give Link another weapon in the next DLC?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Anyone else wondering just which sword they'll use next for badges if they give Link another weapon in the next DLC?

What do we have so far?

I'm thinking Gilded maybe?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    So far, his badges include Kokiri Sword, Wooden Sword, Great Fairy's Sword, Giant's Knife, Razor Sword, and Gilded Sword.

• Options
    I guess... hmm...

There's White and Magical from the first, Noble from Oracle games, Master of course. Uh... Biggorons... uh...

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Tons listed here.

My first thought was the L2 a.k.a. Ultimate a.k.a. Seashell Sword from Link's Awakening.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    So I scanned my Amiibos today and had a good laugh when I got the infamous 1 rupee from Peach. I also got another spinner, from Mario oddly enough. I was like "whaaaaat? another one?!" but decided to check the stats anyway. Holy moly it's a five star six slot Triforce spinner! My Peach amiibo got cheap but my Mario amiibo knows how to treat a lady.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    There's always stuff like the Picori/Four Sword, as well.

...I just imagined the Four Sword as a weapon type for Link in this game. That would just be the most amazing thing.

Enlong on
  • Options
    There's always stuff like the Picori/Four Sword, as well.

...I just imagined the Four Sword as a weapon type for Link in this game. That would just be the most amazing thing.

Four link hurricane death spin.

• Options
    Cia has a simulacrum of Four Sword.

• Options
    PLA wrote: »
    Cia has a simulacrum of Four Sword.

Yeah, but it'd be cool to see a full moveset using it.

Ooh, and what if each divided Link had a different weapon? One with the Rod, one with Gauntlets, and so on.

• Options
    Aw yeah, getting more level 3 weapons. I can't wait to unlock the purple 25,000 skills.

• Options
    Anyone have a good strategy or reccomended level for the mission for Darunia's level 3 hammer? So much happens so fast in that mission that I wind up overwhelmed, and I take way too long trying to take out Zelda or Ganondorf.

• Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Anyone have a good strategy or reccomended level for the mission for Darunia's level 3 hammer? So much happens so fast in that mission that I wind up overwhelmed, and I take way too long trying to take out Zelda or Ganondorf.
    I posted about that forever ago, let me see if I can find my post. It had a few pointers about what finally worked for me after googling some tips for the mission.
    Column wrote:
    And finally got it. And have no idea what caused it to be different that time.

Apparently if you get all four keeps early enough like half the mobilns don't spawn or something because, other than taking forever to kill link like normal since Darunia does shit for damage to him, that was actually very easy and I did nothing different that time I didn't do the other times.

Immediately run down south, grab the keep directly below me, then the other keep, then back up to the keep you need to use the fairy on, then the final one in the middle, trigger the enemies are weaker now since you hold all four keeps, retook the keep next to the base we lost, killed three or four moblins in the base, then went and killed link after getting 1200 kills securing the base. i completely ignored the siege guys who sabotage the base and they just sort of went away after getting all four keeps, something they hadn't done before.

Bombs can help here a little. They don't seem to do anymore damage to the moblins than anything else despite bombs being the moblin weakness, but they do pop them high in the air to juggle them.

Column on
  • Options
    Banging my head against a wall. Plain need more damage-output to clear this time. Pretty fast to level, but not so interesting. Could do fun stuff and come back later, but too stubborn.

Does a Link-amiibo also keep handing out spinners with random stats, or what?

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Banging my head against a wall. Plain need more damage-output to clear this time. Pretty fast to level, but not so interesting. Could do fun stuff and come back later, but too stubborn.

Does a Link-amiibo also keep handing out spinners with random stats, or what?
    Give me a few minutes and I'll find out. Girlfriend heard me bitching about the spinner being locked behind the Link Amiibo and bought me an early stocking stuffer to shut me up. Unlocked the top last night so we'll see what he does today.

And apparently it hasn't been 24 hours yet. Game says "You can receive only one present per ambit per day." Looks like Link will do something in a few hours for me.

Column on
  • Options
    He becomes a random item-giver, like the others, though you still get a "HEEYAH!" when using him.

Today, he gave me a Magical Rod.

• Options
    Good enough.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Got Lana's level 3 Book, Spear, and level 2 Gate.

You know, I'd nearly written Agitha off, bu she's kind of good against non Bosses. She can defense-cheese almost as well as Sheik or Great Fairy Link, with all the invincibility frames granted by the butterfly.

Do the various Strength skills aid the entire combo, on Lana's gate? Like, will Strength V power up the entire dragon-riding segment of an Argorok combo?

Enlong on
  • Options
    He becomes a random item-giver, like the others, though you still get a "HEEYAH!" when using him.

Today, he gave me a Magical Rod.

IIRC Link and Zelda always give a weapon of 3 stars or better for themselves.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    I am loving the new potions. Not only did they help me get Fi's level 3 weapon and Cia's level 2 summoning gate but they're also a great use for the bronze level ingredients after you get most of the low level badges.

Also the cap for ingredients from 99 to 999 is a huge boon.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Finally. Beat the mission for Darunia's level 3 hammer. That was way more trouble than it should've been.

edit:

Trying to ge Agiha's level 3.

Link you turtling bastard.

Enlong on
  • Options
    I like darknuts and stalmasters, because they weakpoint all the time, and have one of the worst and coolest tells in the game.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    It's really neat that enemies drop two materials / weapons. Does that only happen on the Twilight Princess map or did they retroactively add it to the other ones too?

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    I like darknuts and stalmasters, because they weakpoint all the time, and have one of the worst and coolest tells in the game.

You don't even have to wait for them, a lot of times I can get them to instantly weakpoint by dashing around them.

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Some of the battles on the Twilight Princess map are infuriating, particularly the levels where you can't see enemy placement on the map. And everyone hits like a truck (including random peons) so its damn near impossible to get A rank due to damage taken. Which is also frustrating on those maps where you fight a dark version of someone who splits up into multiples as they reach certain damage thresholds, because the way its programmed it simply removes that character at that point and spawns two more in his place. So you can blast them with an attack that normally sends them flying, but instead two more will instantly spawn standing in place and can easily smack you for your A rank then and there.

Honestly, I'd be fine with the damage increases to make actual survival a thing again, but only if they turned off the rank for damage taken on those maps. Even the rare mook poke from behind does like 4-5 hearts of damage sometimes, its totally unreasonable to do a difficult map where you also need 1200 KOs in 15 minutes for A rank and not get damaged at all.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Quick question: have you got all your defense badges? I know it says "On maps with such-and-such recommended element", but I remember hearing that it's actually about the enemy's elemental weakness regardless of the map's overall recommended element. I ignored the defense badges for a while based on the text, and made the rankings a lot harder for myself than they needed to be as a result.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    Viskod wrote: »
    A random Rupee, singular, would be hilarious.

"Thanks for scanning this Amiibo, here is your random -blue- Rupee."
    Marth got me 1 lousy rupee

Awesome.

That's hilarious.

A blue rupee would be worth five, though.

Sounds like Marth is only good for a green one.

Incidentally, Mario has gotten me a Giant's Knife, a Holy Hylian Shield, and 1 Rupee over the past three days, respectively.
    So I scanned my Amiibos today and had a good laugh when I got the infamous 1 rupee from Peach. I also got another spinner, from Mario oddly enough. I was like "whaaaaat? another one?!" but decided to check the stats anyway. Holy moly it's a five star six slot Triforce spinner! My Peach amiibo got cheap but my Mario amiibo knows how to treat a lady.

Wow, really? I hope mine treats me to that soon-- I don't know when I'll be able to pick up a Link.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Kupi wrote: »
    Quick question: have you got all your defense badges? I know it says "On maps with such-and-such recommended element", but I remember hearing that it's actually about the enemy's elemental weakness regardless of the map's overall recommended element. I ignored the defense badges for a while based on the text, and made the rankings a lot harder for myself than they needed to be as a result.

Devastating maps. Ugh.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

Devastating maps. Ugh.

Baton.

Done.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular

Devastating maps. Ugh.

Bow.

Done.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options

Devastating maps. Ugh.

Baton.

Done.
    No, the one sided master quest ones.

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular

I wish I did. I haven't been ignoring them, but at the same time the materials necessary for them are difficult enough to farm up that the best anybody's got are the first two for each element (and several don't even have that many, particularly if they use giant boss material drops instead). Even so, I've also been hit for waaaaaay more than 4-5 hearts in one hit too - if its coming from something stronger like a charge attack of a boosted officer - so I stand by the statement. I mean, I realize the Twilight DLC upped level caps and all, but the damage getting thrown around is ridiculous at times given that it grades you on it and it still constantly locks you into using specific characters so its not like you can just lean on your highest level guys all the time.

• Options
    Got the level 3 Great Fairy.

That is just such an oddball weapon type. I'm still not fully used to it.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular

Wow, really? I hope mine treats me to that soon-- I don't know when I'll be able to pick up a Link.

Unfortunately, I'd assume that Link still unlocks the Spinner, but after that, it's part of the weapon pool to draw a random one from. I could be wrong, of course.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Link doesn't always unlock a spinner. He unlocked a 320 fire rod for me tonight. Samus gave Volga's helmet last night, and a dominion rod tonight.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    All this fuss over Hyrule Warriors? Is it really that good? I havent played a DW since the 4th. It got old for me.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Zant's level 3 mission is making me hate Ganondorf with a burning passion.

• Options
    Summoning Gate took me a couple of tries to figure out. It's neat.

• Options
    Cantido wrote: »
    All this fuss over Hyrule Warriors? Is it really that good? I havent played a DW since the 4th. It got old for me.
    The series as a whole, main games and side/licensed games, is pretty polished now compared to the older games. Couple that with most people in this thread never playing a warriors game, or at least a recent one, their love for Zelda, how well they used the Zelda license overall, and it's currently the only new Zelda for Wii U (only other Zelda games are virtual console and the HD port of Wind Waker) it all works to make it a very well received game.