Options

[The Legend of Zelda] This thread got turned into a pink bunny, find the new one.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Alright! Zant's mission done! The original 13 characters' weapons are all mine, and the first seal on the Master Sword's skill is done!

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Game just trolled me. 1 ruppee for Samus, 1 rupee for pikachu. Link gave a solid gauntlet at least.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Sooo I am just now getting back to Hyrule Warriors, it appears if I buy Amiibo, I can unlock random stuff every 24 hours with scanning them, or is it just a one time only thing?

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    Sooo I am just now getting back to Hyrule Warriors, it appears if I buy Amiibo, I can unlock random stuff every 24 hours with scanning them, or is it just a one time only thing?
    Every 24 hours, including Link (the first time gets you the Spinner).

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    Neat. I am about to head out to WalMart and pick one or two up.

• Options
    Holy crap, the Deku Spear is freaking awesome. It's so crazy.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular

Weak attack while parachuting swoops.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular

It's a pretty good weapon, except for the slingshot combo.

Also, like with most of Lana's attacks, remember to dodge-cancel out of her overly long animations.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Finally got back from Thanksgiving trip and downloaded the new Hyrule Warriors stuff. Link running around in the postman's outfit isn't helping Cia.

• Options
    2 player question. Do both players have to stay in the damage requirements for Ranks? Is it combined or can both take X damage individually and be fine?

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    2 player question. Do both players have to stay in the damage requirements for Ranks? Is it combined or can both take X damage individually and be fine?

Combined damage. :/

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

One of very few downsides to coop. The other that comes to mind is capping everything.too fast, to where you can't get 1200 kills.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    So, I was a big fan of link to the past, links awakening, and link between worlds, and I've been playing Hyrule warriors heavily, but on playing it I'm suddenly aware that I have never really played any 3d Zelda. I have a 3ds and a Wiiu, so I have access to pretty much all of them, where is a good place to start?

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    So, I was a big fan of link to the past, links awakening, and link between worlds, and I've been playing Hyrule warriors heavily, but on playing it I'm suddenly aware that I have never really played any 3d Zelda. I have a 3ds and a Wiiu, so I have access to pretty much all of them, where is a good place to start?

Best to start with the king. Ocarina is on the Wii Virtual Console. Though I've heard Ocarina 3D is amazing.

Then play Majora's Mask. (Wii Virtual Console)

Then play Wind Waker HD (WiiU game)

Then play Twilight Princess (Wii game)

Then Skyward Sword. (Wii Game)

They are all fantastically, amazingly great games.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Ocarina is the usual jumping-off point. And it's very ALTTP-ish in terms of quest structure. After that, I'd go in roughly chronological order (Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princes, etc.)

• Options
    Definitely play OoT 3D, and I guess wait for MM 3D as well.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    For the more classic Zelda experience, I would actually recommend Twilight Princess if you only had to pick one for transitioning from 2D to 3D Zeldas with what's available today (provided you can deal with early-Wii motion controls...or can play the Gamecube version where you can use a regular controller).

It's aged better than Ocarina of Time, and it plays much better (both in combat and in traversing around on Epona and such). It also covers basically all the same visual areas as OoT (Forest Temple, Water Temple, Death Mountain, etc.) with a few new ones of it's own for extra variety (Abandoned Mansion, Flying City). The minigames aren't as frustrating or difficult as OoT's either.

It's also makes better use of a lot of the items (though usually only in the dungeon you get them, but a lot of Zeldas fall into that trap) and I think it has the most dungeons and bosses of any 3D title.

It also follows LttP's structure pretty well (Collect one set of things > something bad happens > collect another set of things > go challenge the guy behind it all).

The main flaw is you are railroaded pretty hard until around the third dungeon or so, and don't really get much opportunity to explore until then. All the 3D Zeldas are pretty bad about letting you explore right from the beginning, but TP is probably the worst about it (I haven't played Skyward Sword so can't speak about it).

Then if you enjoyed it you can see if you want to go back and play OoT and see how even though it's a little more primitive and dated, it laid the groundwork for the 3D Zeldas.

Majora's Mask is my favorite of the 3D Zeldas, but I'd never recommend it as someone's first 3D Zelda due to how different it is (and while not required, it's better to have played OoT before it, plus it's mechanically and graphically the same as OoT so can be a little clunky in places for new players).

• Options

Dang. Going to have to coach the wife in that case.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    My enjoyment of the 3D LoZs is limited to Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. I found Ocarina of Time frustrating, and I found Skyward Sword both boring and frustrating. I enjoy the 2D Zeldas far more. LttP, Spirit Tracks* and LBW all rocked my socks off.

* The Tower dungeon sequences sucked really bad and I spent the entire time playing them glued to FAQs and Youtube. The standard dungeons rocked.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular

All you have to coach her in is to pick Sheik every time, and press attack -> finisher, finisher, every time there is not a water swirl around her.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    If you like 2d zeldas, be sure to go back and play the gameboy advance and color ones if you haven't. They are all good, and Link's Awakening is my favorite zelda game over even LTTP.

Thanks for the suggestions, I think I'll try out Ocarina on 3ds first and see from there.

• Options

All you have to coach her in is to pick Sheik every time, and press attack -> finisher, finisher, every time there is not a water swirl around her.

My Link is at 110 with a ton of 420 weapons. Pretty sure she can handle him. She played as Impa with the fire nag..staff and kicked much ass on her own a few times.

We'll see shortly. Really just wanting help with Skulltula missions on hard mode.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    If you like 2d zeldas, be sure to go back and play the gameboy advance and color ones if you haven't. They are all good, and Link's Awakening is my favorite zelda game over even LTTP.

Thanks for the suggestions, I think I'll try out Ocarina on 3ds first and see from there.

I played a little bit of Awakening in my youth, so I'm definitely considering the Oracles games now.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Symphony of the Goddesses is back: http://zelda-symphony.com/schedule

• Options
    Maz- wrote: »

Annnnd no Salt Lake City visit.
    Boo.

• Options
    Nearest one for me is three hours away, I might just make that trip.

• Options
    physi_marcphysi_marc Positron Tracker In a nutshellRegistered User regular
    Sweet! I missed it when it came to Ottawa last time. It's not coming back here, but Montréal's just two hours away. Totally going this time!

Also, I picked up Hyrule Warriors yesterday. It's my first Dynasty Warriors game and I'm really enjoying it so far. Plowing through waves of enemies like a badass feels great!

Switch Friend Code: 3102-5341-0358
    Nintendo Network ID: PhysiMarc
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I'm not touching any of those places.

• Options
    Cantido wrote: »

I played a little bit of Awakening in my youth, so I'm definitely considering the Oracles games now.

The oracles are definitely more of the same expansion pack style games for Link's Awakening fans, don't expect to be blown away but it's a nice template to copy from.

If you played Awakening on game boy I'd probably check out the color version of that first, it really adds a lot to the experience.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited December 2014

Nothing any fewer than six hours away for me. :\

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Cantido wrote: »

The oracles are definitely more of the same expansion pack style games for Link's Awakening fans, don't expect to be blown away but it's a nice template to copy from.

If you played Awakening on game boy I'd probably check out the color version of that first, it really adds a lot to the experience.

I don't feel like they are, in terms of reusing some assets sure, but the feel of the games is totally different. They are quite mazelike and annoying with frustrating dungeons and boss fights. Definitely a Zelda low point for me.

Awakening is one of the best Zelda games though.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Oh I agree, don't remember it being much worse than LTTP on difficulty but they'd be last on my list of 2d zeldas. Still think they are worth playing, though.

I meant more of the same in terms of it seemed like they had a bunch of semi-used assets from making LA and decided to put together some side games.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I still haven't beaten Oracle of Seasons :(. It just didn't grab me the same way as Ages did.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    I still haven't beaten Oracle of Seasons :(. It just didn't grab me the same way as Ages did.

Man that game has one of the most frustrating final bosses ever.

• Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014

I'd say start with the very original, it's a pretty good game in its own right and you can get an appreciation for the roots of the series.
    Is that all they're doing for the U.S.? I really want to hear the new Link Between Worlds and Majora's Mask arrangements, but that's no where near Seattle.

Ov3rcharge on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »

How so? I don't remember having any major problems with it.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular

I'll be going to the one in London if I can get tickets, the page says "Buy now" but sales seem to be starting on the 5th of december.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options

The one in ATL was phenomenal when I went. May have to go again.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular

Nowhere near me.

Hopefully they'll add more later. Loved this when I saw it last year.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Peewi wrote: »
    Vyolynce wrote: »

How so? I don't remember having any major problems with it.

Something about having to jump and slash on moving platforms left a horrible impression.