As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Legend of Zelda] This thread got turned into a pink bunny, find the new one.

13567100

Posts

  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Finally finished Legend Mode. Good grief does this game get repetitive. That second to last mission where I had to defeat Link and Zelda three fucking times? Good God.

    Jumped into Adventure Mode. Couldn't bring myself to play past the very first battle. I'm totally burnt out on this game. I'm starting to think Warriors games just aren't my thing. Run around, mash buttons, repeat. It really bugs me that the maps lack a vertical component. Sure there are a few spots with dropoffs, but they really only act as one way gates on an otherwise two dimensional plane.

    Anyhoo, I'm putting this game away now. Not sure if I'll ever come back to it. I really need a proper Zelda...

    On the one hand, Adventure Mode has a lot of battle features that you won't see in Legend Mode, such as Raid Captains, Siege Captains, Messengers, battle quizzes, and the like. On the other hand, if you didn't manage to maintain interest in Legend Mode to the end, there is absolutely no way you'll reach the point in Adventure Mode where those things actually become important to manage and prioritize. I don't blame you for putting it down.

    All told, I think that feeling is a large part of why Hyrule Warriors reviewed so much lower with critics than with the actual player base. All told, Hyrule Warriors a Zelda-skinned Dynasty Warriors game, and that's been fundamentally the same through years of iterations. Someone in the business of reviewing games comes into Hyrule Warriors already thoroughly burnt out on the game, whereas the Nintendo fanbase (which I like to think I'm somewhat representative of) hasn't played many, if any of the Warriors games and came into it having never exploded a hundred dudes in one attack and emptied keep strength bars for two hours straight.

    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    Speculation at bottom of the Gaf that it could be the subtitle is the dumbest.
    Sort of like "The elder Scrolls: Skyrim" but "The Legend of zelda: Hyrule"

    Wow we get to go to HYRULE you guys! How exciting! HYRULE! AT LONG LAST!
    Maybe in the next game we could go to uh...
    Um.

    Hmm.

    NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Quical wrote: »
    Speculation at bottom of the Gaf that it could be the subtitle is the dumbest.
    Sort of like "The elder Scrolls: Skyrim" but "The Legend of zelda: Hyrule"

    Wow we get to go to HYRULE you guys! How exciting! HYRULE! AT LONG LAST!
    Maybe in the next game we could go to uh...
    Um.

    Hmm.

    Wally World!

    Or White Castle!

    Or The Moon!

    skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Termina? Holodrum? Lorule?

  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Nintendo puts out a game called Hyrule Warriors. Why is anyone surprised they would trademark "Hyrule"?

    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo puts out a game called Hyrule Warriors. Why is anyone surprised they would trademark "Hyrule"?

    Though it's not called Hyrule Warriors in Japan.

    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Kind of surprised they hadn't trademarked it before now.

    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Woo, finally got Zant's rank 3 weapon. Guess I'll work on the Skulltulas next.

    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Well, guess I'm not going to sleep anytime soon.

    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • BigWillieStylesBigWillieStyles Expert flipper of tables Inside my mind...Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    I'd like something that actually takes place after Adventure of Link.
    Honestly, since Twilight Princess is my favorite Zelda, I'd enjoy one after that game. The darker games are in that timeline. Also, this would be a post-Ganondorf's death timeline. Maybe somebody tries to revive him, maybe Vaati gets revived. I don't know. I'd enjoy a 3-D console Vaati. A return of the Minish Cap and Ezlo would be pretty awesome.

    3DS Friend Code: 1006 - 0121 - 6969
    PM me with yours if you add me
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    zlCfzSl60CwWpYBZun

    Agitha's lvl 3 weapon GET! Soooo close to being done w/ all the weapons. Just need Lana's lvl 3 Summon Gate, which I can *almost* get but I always take too much damage in that level (damn thing leaves you open like crazy). I may need to upgrade her a little more or something.

    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Way ahead of you :P

    TBWINiz.jpg

    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Way ahead of you :P

    TBWINiz.jpg

    Yeah Mr I got the game a week earlier :p

    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    I'd like something that actually takes place after Adventure of Link.
    Honestly, since Twilight Princess is my favorite Zelda, I'd enjoy one after that game. The darker games are in that timeline. Also, this would be a post-Ganondorf's death timeline. Maybe somebody tries to revive him, maybe Vaati gets revived. I don't know. I'd enjoy a 3-D console Vaati. A return of the Minish Cap and Ezlo would be pretty awesome.

    An interesting thing about setting a game immediately after Adventures of Link is that there would be two different Princess Zeldas. The one Link rescued in the original LoZ, and the one that was cursed to sleep for centuries that he woke up at the end of AoL.

    There's a lot of interesting plot stuff you could do with that. Especially if you give them both major roles and different personalities.

  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    There, all done.
    zlCfzSmHYLYavlpX6F

    Amazing what a difference rank 3 fire armor makes. Holy crap.

    Now to just beat like 2 or 3 more screens that I never got around to doing, and I'll be done with Adventure Mode... well, except for getting gold on a couple others.

    But then it's on to finishing up the DLC Master Quest :P At least I unlocked all the costumes there (though weirdly Volga doesn't get a costume.. I dunno why)

    P.S. - if you ever want to farm Argorok Embers for practically every god damn thing on Lana's badge page, go to the Adventure Mode screen with the waterfall (one below where you get the White Sword in LoZ). Two Argoroks and a Manhandla - they go down pretty quick. Very nice. Except when they drop weapons, because screw you game. Last level of Legend Mode also works but it's like a full level vs. I was beating that screen in about 2:30 mins with a level 65ish Lana :P Though I swear I got an extra ember from the Legend map that I never picked up, so maybe you get some guaranteed ones? Who knows :P

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    There, all done.
    zlCfzSmHYLYavlpX6F

    Amazing what a difference rank 3 fire armor makes. Holy crap.

    Now to just beat like 2 or 3 more screens that I never got around to doing, and I'll be done with Adventure Mode... well, except for getting gold on a couple others.

    But then it's on to finishing up the DLC Master Quest :P At least I unlocked all the costumes there (though weirdly Volga doesn't get a costume.. I dunno why)

    P.S. - if you ever want to farm Argorok Embers for practically every god damn thing on Lana's badge page, go to the Adventure Mode screen with the waterfall (one below where you get the White Sword in LoZ). Two Argoroks and a Manhandla - they go down pretty quick. Very nice. Except when they drop weapons, because screw you game. Last level of Legend Mode also works but it's like a full level vs. I was beating that screen in about 2:30 mins with a level 65ish Lana :P Though I swear I got an extra ember from the Legend map that I never picked up, so maybe you get some guaranteed ones? Who knows :P

    It shouldn't have made a difference, though. The rank 3 weapon missions don't have a recommended element, so the defense badges don't have any effect there.

    Also, Volga does get a costume. It's nothing special though, it's just a slighty more orange version of his regular one.


    Also also, the game is a success! Let's hope we get a sequel.

    http://nintendoeverything.com/hyrule-warriors-meets-sales-expectations-in-japan-above-expectations-overseas/
    Koei Tecmo seems to be pleased with the performance of Hyrule Warriors. During the company’s latest financial earnings Q&A, Koei Tecmo couldn’t say if the game surpassed the 500,000 target since Nintendo handled publishing in the west. However, Hyrule Warriors’ Japanese sales are in line with what was expected, and overseas sales are above expectations. There are hopes for even higher sales outside of Japan with more shipments in the second half of the fiscal year.

    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Maz- wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    There, all done.
    zlCfzSmHYLYavlpX6F

    Amazing what a difference rank 3 fire armor makes. Holy crap.

    Now to just beat like 2 or 3 more screens that I never got around to doing, and I'll be done with Adventure Mode... well, except for getting gold on a couple others.

    But then it's on to finishing up the DLC Master Quest :P At least I unlocked all the costumes there (though weirdly Volga doesn't get a costume.. I dunno why)

    P.S. - if you ever want to farm Argorok Embers for practically every god damn thing on Lana's badge page, go to the Adventure Mode screen with the waterfall (one below where you get the White Sword in LoZ). Two Argoroks and a Manhandla - they go down pretty quick. Very nice. Except when they drop weapons, because screw you game. Last level of Legend Mode also works but it's like a full level vs. I was beating that screen in about 2:30 mins with a level 65ish Lana :P Though I swear I got an extra ember from the Legend map that I never picked up, so maybe you get some guaranteed ones? Who knows :P

    It shouldn't have made a difference, though. The rank 3 weapon missions don't have a recommended element, so the defense badges don't have any effect there.

    Also, Volga does get a costume. It's nothing special though, it's just a slighty more orange version of his regular one.


    Also also, the game is a success! Let's hope we get a sequel.

    http://nintendoeverything.com/hyrule-warriors-meets-sales-expectations-in-japan-above-expectations-overseas/
    Koei Tecmo seems to be pleased with the performance of Hyrule Warriors. During the company’s latest financial earnings Q&A, Koei Tecmo couldn’t say if the game surpassed the 500,000 target since Nintendo handled publishing in the west. However, Hyrule Warriors’ Japanese sales are in line with what was expected, and overseas sales are above expectations. There are hopes for even higher sales outside of Japan with more shipments in the second half of the fiscal year.

    Yeah, I'm pretty sure the translations or whatever on those badges are full of shit. I went from taking like 3-4 hearts of damage to *maybe* 1 heart of damage. There was a clear difference. I think the badges actually protect you against monsters that are weak to that element. So in the case of this mission, since the Gate was fire, it was technically a "fire recommended" mission, even though it didn't say that.

    Maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed to definitely make a huge difference.

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    There, all done.
    zlCfzSmHYLYavlpX6F

    Amazing what a difference rank 3 fire armor makes. Holy crap.

    Now to just beat like 2 or 3 more screens that I never got around to doing, and I'll be done with Adventure Mode... well, except for getting gold on a couple others.

    But then it's on to finishing up the DLC Master Quest :P At least I unlocked all the costumes there (though weirdly Volga doesn't get a costume.. I dunno why)

    P.S. - if you ever want to farm Argorok Embers for practically every god damn thing on Lana's badge page, go to the Adventure Mode screen with the waterfall (one below where you get the White Sword in LoZ). Two Argoroks and a Manhandla - they go down pretty quick. Very nice. Except when they drop weapons, because screw you game. Last level of Legend Mode also works but it's like a full level vs. I was beating that screen in about 2:30 mins with a level 65ish Lana :P Though I swear I got an extra ember from the Legend map that I never picked up, so maybe you get some guaranteed ones? Who knows :P

    It shouldn't have made a difference, though. The rank 3 weapon missions don't have a recommended element, so the defense badges don't have any effect there.

    Also, Volga does get a costume. It's nothing special though, it's just a slighty more orange version of his regular one.


    Also also, the game is a success! Let's hope we get a sequel.

    http://nintendoeverything.com/hyrule-warriors-meets-sales-expectations-in-japan-above-expectations-overseas/
    Koei Tecmo seems to be pleased with the performance of Hyrule Warriors. During the company’s latest financial earnings Q&A, Koei Tecmo couldn’t say if the game surpassed the 500,000 target since Nintendo handled publishing in the west. However, Hyrule Warriors’ Japanese sales are in line with what was expected, and overseas sales are above expectations. There are hopes for even higher sales outside of Japan with more shipments in the second half of the fiscal year.

    Yeah, I'm pretty sure the translations or whatever on those badges are full of shit. I went from taking like 3-4 hearts of damage to *maybe* 1 heart of damage. There was a clear difference. I think the badges actually protect you against monsters that are weak to that element. So in the case of this mission, since the Gate was fire, it was technically a "fire recommended" mission, even though it didn't say that.

    Maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed to definitely make a huge difference.

    Really? Huh, that's good to know.

    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    There
    zlCfzSmSfEwqKSnTI0

    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Finished A Link Between Worlds. A good game, certainly, but I wouldn't put it in my top 5. I feel it's just behind Phantom Hourglass and just ahead of Twilight Princess, which is sort of an absurd comparison but there ya go.

    Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    X4YJZmb.jpg


    Darunia died on the way back to his home planet.

    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    X4YJZmb.jpg


    Darunia died on the way back to his home planet.

    Forgetting to bring a parachute was a mistake.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    skeldare wrote: »
    I'd like something that actually takes place after Adventure of Link.
    Honestly, since Twilight Princess is my favorite Zelda, I'd enjoy one after that game. The darker games are in that timeline. Also, this would be a post-Ganondorf's death timeline. Maybe somebody tries to revive him, maybe Vaati gets revived. I don't know. I'd enjoy a 3-D console Vaati. A return of the Minish Cap and Ezlo would be pretty awesome.

    An interesting thing about setting a game immediately after Adventures of Link is that there would be two different Princess Zeldas. The one Link rescued in the original LoZ, and the one that was cursed to sleep for centuries that he woke up at the end of AoL.

    There's a lot of interesting plot stuff you could do with that. Especially if you give them both major roles and different personalities.

    I've wanted a "Zelda III" for years and years now... particularly as I'm tired of most Zelda games taking place in that same dinky Death Mountain area when there are entire continents to explore, yet remain untouched beyond The Adventure of Link.

    And yes, I've considered the multiple Zelda thing, too.

    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    Finished A Link Between Worlds. A good game, certainly, but I wouldn't put it in my top 5. I feel it's just behind Phantom Hourglass and just ahead of Twilight Princess, which is sort of an absurd comparison but there ya go.

    Sorry but you seem to have placed spirit tracks in the wrong place. It should be first?

    NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Illustration number 4 complete! Just 5 Skulltulas to go to complete the final one.

    Unfortunately, among those are the Skulltulas in Zelda's rank 3 baton and Zant's rank 3 scimitars missions. Ugh.

    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Quical wrote: »
    Finished A Link Between Worlds. A good game, certainly, but I wouldn't put it in my top 5. I feel it's just behind Phantom Hourglass and just ahead of Twilight Princess, which is sort of an absurd comparison but there ya go.

    Sorry but you seem to have placed spirit tracks in the wrong place. It should be first?

    Wellllll to be fair, the specific order of the games numbered 8 and up are pretty fuzzy. I haven't played Oracle of Seasons in many years, for example, but I know damn well it was better than Spirit Tracks! I just really didn't like the lack of traditional overworld, and the train bits were so tedious. The dungeon designs might have been good, but that's never what sticks with me in Zelda games.

    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    How do you all pronounce Skulltula?

    Last night a friend of mine pointed out that it was supposed to be analogous to tarantula, so the last part should be pronounced the same way. Kind of blew my mind.

    I've always pronounced it like skull-TULL-uh.

    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I pronounce it "Skull-TOO-luh," but I believe "SKULL-choo-luh" is the correct way.

    Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • ConnConn Registered User regular
    How do you all pronounce Skulltula?

    Last night a friend of mine pointed out that it was supposed to be analogous to tarantula, so the last part should be pronounced the same way. Kind of blew my mind.

    I've always pronounced it like skull-TULL-uh.

    That's how I always pronounced it, too. But then the realization about "tarantula" struck me a while back. The tarantula pronunciation does come off the tongue a bit easier, I find.

    XBL, PSN, and NNID: "ConnConnor" for all three.
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I've always said it like tarantula, but with a skull.

    I've finished off all the adventure mode maps, and now I'm grinding through grabbing the various heart containers and skulltulas I missed. Quite how you're supposed to A-rank the 'kill 1000 enemies in 10 minutes' map with Agitha is beyond me.

  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I've always said it like tarantula, but with a skull.

    This :P

    Edit: BTW, much as I love this game, sometimes I think it actively hates me:
    zlCfzSm6MiYXKBFwAz

    "Durr, let's make hits devastating, then wait to spawn Deku Babas at the entrance until he enters the room!"

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Finally got a chance to play 2 players in Hyrule Warriors. The framerate and graphics hit is noticeable. While I can put up with that the reduced enemies on screen bothers me more. Keeps are sparsely populated and that sucks.

  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Finally got a chance to play 2 players in Hyrule Warriors. The framerate and graphics hit is noticeable. While I can put up with that the reduced enemies on screen bothers me more. Keeps are sparsely populated and that sucks.

    I can deal with that change given the fact that my wife and I can play together makes it all worth it.

    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Honestly the whole game has framerate problems whenever there is a lot of stuff going on anyways. I think they did a decent job of avoiding it in Legend mode, but I run into it ALL the time in Adventure Mode. In particular, I've noticed Sealed Grounds tends to CHUG a lot, though it usually gets better after I've killed some stuff (i.e. taken some keeps or whatever).

    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    So apparently the Twilight Princess DLC is available now? Anybody near the eShop that can check this out?

    http://zelda.com/hyrule-warriors/dlc/

  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    It's not in the shop.

  • Uncle PKUncle PK Registered User regular
    My favorite part in any zelda game is in Link's Awakening, when Link takes the chain chomp for a walk! I liked it so much I made a silly painting about it

    SnvMqL8.jpg?1

Sign In or Register to comment.