As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Legend of Zelda] This thread got turned into a pink bunny, find the new one.

• BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    So apparently the Twilight Princess DLC is available now? Anybody near the eShop that can check this out?

http://zelda.com/hyrule-warriors/dlc/
    Out of curiosity, do you have a source for the release date? I wasn't aware of anything official aside from "sometime in November".

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Billmaan wrote: »
    So apparently the Twilight Princess DLC is available now? Anybody near the eShop that can check this out?

Out of curiosity, do you have a source for the release date? I wasn't aware of anything official aside from "sometime in November".

It says "Available Now" on the official site.

I thought it was funny.

• BigWillieStylesBigWillieStyles Expert flipper of tables Inside my mind...Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Uncle PK wrote: »
    My favorite part in any zelda game is in Link's Awakening, when Link takes the chain chomp for a walk! I liked it so much I made a silly painting about it
    I found the forced trading quest a little annoying in that game. And some of the paths to get to the dungeons were nonsensical. The path to the temple with the easiest boss in Zelda history was particularly annoying.

BigWillieStyles on
    3DS Friend Code: 1006 - 0121 - 6969
    PM me with yours if you add me
  • Uncle PKUncle PK Registered User regular
    My favorite part in any zelda game is in Link's Awakening, when Link takes the chain chomp for a walk! I liked it so much I made a silly painting about it
    I found the forced trading quest a little annoying in that game. And some of the paths to get to the dungeons was nonsensical. The path to the temple with the easiest boss in Zelda history was particularly annoying.

I think you're probably right about those observations, but for me I didn't have any real expectations for the game; I picked it up on a whim from the 3ds store to pass time at one of my old jobs.

I just thought the novelty of walking a chain chomp three times the size of your body was a riot. He even helps you dig for seashells!

• BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Seeing that dlc page just reminded me there's still 3 new playable characters that will be revealed.

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I kinda want the Twilight Princess character to be King Bulblin.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • BigWillieStylesBigWillieStyles Expert flipper of tables Inside my mind...Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I think you're probably right about those observations, but for me I didn't have any real expectations for the game; I picked it up on a whim from the 3ds store to pass time at one of my old jobs.

I just thought the novelty of walking a chain chomp three times the size of your body was a riot. He even helps you dig for seashells!
    I did the same. Still better than the Oracle games though.

There's this one mini-boss in one of the Oracle games that has three duplicates and you have to hit him to win, obviously. Unfortunately, there's two torches you have to get alight with a limited resource (and not an unlimited one like a fire rod or lantern.) Now, the idiot coders of that game made it so even if you hit the real guy, you won't hurt him unless both torches are lit. After realizing that, I went "fuck this game."

BigWillieStyles on
  • BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular

I thought it was funny.

Ah -- I see it now. If you have Javascript blocked, it just says "Available Nov. 2014". So...maybe it'll show up sometime today?

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular

I thought it was funny.

Ah -- I see it now. If you have Javascript blocked, it just says "Available Nov. 2014". So...maybe it'll show up sometime today?

It's apparently said "Available Now" since the first of November. Most likely it's just a coding thing where it automatically changes once the release month comes up.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Hmm, so I wonder. It says "two new costumes" - but the one that's currently out gave "two new costumes" plus an extra new costume for everyone that you unlock on the Master Quest board. I'll be curious to see if there are actually more than two.

Also, as the "Twilight Princess pack" - if the new weapon is not the god damn top, I will be kind of mad :P Unless it's something cool like non-imp Midna or something :P

P.S. - Still calling Skull Kid & Tingle as the new characters in the Majora's Mask pack :)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Well, the costumes you get through Adventure mode are basically just palette swaps. Cia's and Lana's costume is actually a new model.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Hmm, so I wonder. It says "two new costumes" - but the one that's currently out gave "two new costumes" plus an extra new costume for everyone that you unlock on the Master Quest board. I'll be curious to see if there are actually more than two.

Also, as the "Twilight Princess pack" - if the new weapon is not the god damn top, I will be kind of mad :P Unless it's something cool like non-imp Midna or something :P

P.S. - Still calling Skull Kid & Tingle as the new characters in the Majora's Mask pack :)

I really hope its not a weapon for Link.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Polaritie wrote: »

I really hope its not a weapon for Link.

Man no kidding. I said before, but they could totally give the Top to Midna. Have her ride around on the top of it :)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    It must be hard to have to wait. :razz:

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    It must be hard to have to wait. :razz:

Not really. Fantasy Life is great.

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Clearly a veiled hint. A character who wields something hard and weighty.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    Clearly a veiled hint. A character who wields something hard and weighty.

Possibly..discounts that would be hard on your wallet?
    pbWTzFq.png

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I'm finally getting a Wii U. So hype to play Wind Waker HD :D

I've never been a fan of muso but I guess Hyrule Warriors is great too?

Oh brilliant
  • ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I've never wanted to play a Dynasty Warriors game in my life, but I love Hyrule Warriors.

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    I've never wanted to play a Dynasty Warriors game in my life, but I love Hyrule Warriors.

And I still have no desire to play one that isn't Hyrule Warriors.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Adventure mode is really cool, but I wish the game informed me of what I need for A rank either beforehand or at the rating screen. Getting an A rank is not fun when im just guessing on how long i should kill dudes before I end the level. I love that it is the original zelda map though.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    15 min, 1200 kills.

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Polaritie wrote: »
    15 min, 1200 kills.

Yeah this, pretty much always. And like...just don't get hurt much. I've heard 4 hearts but I'd swear I've taken more than that and still got A.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    For most missions the limit is 4000 damage. A quarter of one heart is 50 damage, so 4000 damage is 10 hearts. On the upper part of the map, the Death Mountain area, the limit is 10000 damage.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Yeah, Hyrule Warriors is up there for me. It's definitely my second-favorite combo-based action game with the chain chomp as a weapon released on the Wii U this year.

• OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »

I like the basics of the gameplay, but I can't imagine playing a version that has less polish. I'll definitely be paying more attention to the series than I was before, so that's something.

• ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »

I like the basics of the gameplay, but I can't imagine playing a version that has less polish. I'll definitely be paying more attention to the series than I was before, so that's something.
    Which is funny because Hyrule Warriors feels significantly less polished than Ken's Rage 1 and Gundam Warriors 2. Ken's Rage in particular felt like they nailed not only the setting with the visuals but the slight differences in the pacing of fighting compared to the other warriors games I'd played at that point, and even compared to Hyrule Warriors now, felt more fitting for that setting than what we got in Gundam and Zelda.

I'm really hoping they make a Hyrule Warriors 2 though. Gundam Warriors 1 was great, but like Hyrule Warriors, it just showed how well the concept worked. The slight changes, the new characters, the better itemization, etc. from Gundam Warriors 1 to 2 made a world of difference that the amount of polish they could add to a Hyrule Warriors 2 would likely end up my favorite version of a warriors game.

Of course, setting matters a lot which is why people even gave Hyrule Warriors a shot. I do nothing but see people rave about the main series with the latest release and the warriors orochi side series but the three kingdoms setting does nothing for me so I'd never play it. Just wait for another side series with a setting I want to invest some time in like I did with Gundam and Fist of the North Star.

• maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Hyrule Warriors is goddamn addicting and I can't entirely figure out why.

The mechanics are so simple and yet it's so much fun.

Has anyone broken down what's in the DLC yet? I see there's two packs on the eShop but I'm wondering what the difference is between the two of them.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular

Has anyone broken down what's in the DLC yet? I see there's two packs on the eShop but I'm wondering what the difference is between the two of them.

You know you can click on them to get a description right? But here's a breakdown of upcoming things too http://www.zelda.com/hyrule-warriors/dlc/

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Ohhhh, the "Hero of Hyrule Pack" is literally a bundle of all four DLC packs, including those not released yet.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
    So I just discovered for the first time last night you can actually see what the conditions are to make a Skulltula appear. Apparently it's under Warrior Info, which is weird. My fault because I saw the menu there, but never bothered to look because I thought it just said if there were Skulltulas in a level or not.

• KupiKupi Registered User regular
    So I just discovered for the first time last night you can actually see what the conditions are to make a Skulltula appear. Apparently it's under Warrior Info, which is weird. My fault because I saw the menu there, but never bothered to look because I thought it just said if there were Skulltulas in a level or not.

If it's any consolation, I played through half of Bayonetta with the stock pistols, because I had no idea how to equip any of these other weapons I was apparently getting and didn't know how to find. (It's a tab on the pause menu.)

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited November 2014

In fairness a lot of them are like 'Do ??? without letting ??? be defeated'. Which is not massively helpful most of the time, although you can sometimes work it out from the context of the level.

For Adventure mode it's always 'defeat 1000 enemies' for the first one and 'defeat 1200 enemies, without taking more than 4 hearts of damage and complete the first mission of the map' for the second one on each tile.

Halos Nach Tariff on

Beat 'em up games like it release stress. That's why.

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    People are guessing that the Twilight Princess pack for Hyrule Warriors will be shown off at the Nintendo Direct in a little over an hour.

Any last minute predictions for the new character or weapon?

I've seen a lot of people predicting that Midna's True Form will be either the new character, or she will be a "weapon" for regular Midna and the new character will be someone else.

Of course, just because it's called the Twilight Princess Pack doesn't mean everything in it is exclusively from Twilight Princess (look at the Legend of Zelda pack for Mario Kart: only one character is a Zelda character and there is F-Zero content in that pack as well), so that makes it a little hard to guess. Plus Agitha got in, so that makes it a little hard to narrow down who is likely.

There's also supposed to be two new costumes. Considering the last pack only advertised two costumes but added a bunch, it seems they are only counting new models and not the palette swaps. I'm not sure what new models they might do (Hero's Shade for Link?), though I guess it is possible that it's simply the TP preorder costumes for Link/Zelda that some people already have.

My guess is Wolf Link

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    What in the world could Wolf Link contribute that Midna isn't already contributing, besides fewer wolves?

• BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Maybe one of the dudes from the resistance in Twilight Princess? Ashei, that dude who gave you the lantern, that book dude...eh they're kind of boring.

Enlong wrote: »
    What in the world could Wolf Link contribute that Midna isn't already contributing, besides fewer wolves?

It adds nothing, but it would probably be the easiest character to add.

Actually, I change my answer.

It's totally gonna be Thelma.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    skeldare wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »

It's totally gonna be Thelma's cat.