As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Legend of Zelda] This thread got turned into a pink bunny, find the new one.

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »

Who wants to bet the odds of this coming stateside?

32 of them will be available, exclusively at the Nintendo World Store.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    You do get the impression they are leveraging the better graphics to enhance the creep factor. I wholeheartedly approve.

• RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Yeah. You better bring that Special Edition to the USA, Nintendo.

At best they'll give us extra Majora's Mask soundtrack CDs that have been collecting dust in a warehouse somewhere. That's all we deserve.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    eiROLzZ.png?1

mSPgOsM.jpg

's byoutiful

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Why the focus on the Mask of Dog Tracks?

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Most neutral mask-like mask to show everyone "oh, this is a game about masks."

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular

At best they'll give us extra Majora's Mask soundtrack CDs that have been collecting dust in a warehouse somewhere. That's all we deserve.

Didn't they do that for Club Nintendo platinum rewards last year?

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I never played MM because the time limit sounded asinine for a Zelda game and the opposite of fun. Will probably give it a whirl on 3DS, though.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    I never played MM because the time limit sounded asinine for a Zelda game and the opposite of fun. Will probably give it a whirl on 3DS, though.

It's not really not as bad as it seems. You soon get access to a song that slows down time, which gives you plenty of time to explore before you have to turn the clocks back to day 1.

I need to try for the perfect run in this version of the game.

Enlong wrote: »
    I need to try for the perfect run in this version of the game.

As in, solve everyone's problems during one loop? Isn't that impossible?

Well, the bomb bag theft and the Anju/Kafei quest are mutually exclusive, but otherwise, you can apparently pull it off.

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure a 9-day 100% run has been done (including the intro 3 days), though I can't find it at the moment.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure a 9-day 100% run has been done (including the intro 3 days), though I can't find it at the moment.

That sounds so freaking hard thinking back. I don't know man haha. I'm sure someone can do it but count me out.

• RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »

Didn't they do that for Club Nintendo platinum rewards last year?

Why yes, as a matter of fact they did.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Not surprising but looks like the Zelda Amiibo unlocks a weapon too

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/05/zelda-amiibo-unlocks-hyrule-warriors-weapon/

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Not surprising but looks like the Zelda Amiibo unlocks a weapon too

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/05/zelda-amiibo-unlocks-hyrule-warriors-weapon/

I guess Ganondorf and Sheik will do the same once they're out.

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    Hopefully Amiibo's are just one way to get the content, otherwise this will get very expensive very quickly and sit in stark contrast to how awesome they were being about pricing season passes and such.

Lars wrote: »
    Hopefully Amiibo's are just one way to get the content, otherwise this will get very expensive very quickly and sit in stark contrast to how awesome they were being about pricing season passes and such.

I don't think I mind it at this point because thus far for buying a Link Amiibo, you get the figure, an AI partner in Smash Bros, a costume for Mario Kart 8, a weapon in Hyrule Warriors, and a skin for your aircraft in a new Ace Combat announced for 3DS.

And since scanning every Amiibo gets you something in Hyrule Warriors, even small things like materials and rupees, that gives hope that every Amiibo will get you something in future games as well. Like, scan Link in Yoshi's Wooly World and get a knit Link cap for Yoshi, or something. Get a Link suit for your Splatoon squid person.

If I can buy one Amiibo and suddenly have 10 little bonuses in games I already own, plus expect more bonuses in future games, that's a pretty cool prospect. They just need to keep it up, keep adding that value.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    So the Nintendo UK store has Majora's Mask listed as a February 15th release date

qjtn1z7sbww7.jpg

http://m.store.nintendo.co.uk/games-3ds/the-legend-of-zelda-majora-s-mask-3d-special-edition/11037906.html

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    So the Nintendo UK store has Majora's Mask listed as a February 15th release date

qjtn1z7sbww7.jpg

http://m.store.nintendo.co.uk/games-3ds/the-legend-of-zelda-majora-s-mask-3d-special-edition/11037906.html

So I'm guessing 60€ for the special edition? Seems fair.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    If they made a special edition that literally came with a Majora's Mask replica they could probably charge $TEXAS

$texas? Man, I'd even go so far as to pay $Alaska.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    $texas? Man, I'd even go so far as to pay $Alaska.

Pretty sure $Alaska is dirt cheap and way undervalued.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Texas is large
    Alaska is larger
    Therefore, $alaska is larger than $texas.

Texas is large
    Alaska is larger

But nobody lives in Alaska.

Except Sarah Palin.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    History joke.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Texas is large
    Alaska is larger

$russia

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »

I don't think I mind it at this point because thus far for buying a Link Amiibo, you get the figure, an AI partner in Smash Bros, a costume for Mario Kart 8, a weapon in Hyrule Warriors, and a skin for your aircraft in a new Ace Combat announced for 3DS.

And since scanning every Amiibo gets you something in Hyrule Warriors, even small things like materials and rupees, that gives hope that every Amiibo will get you something in future games as well. Like, scan Link in Yoshi's Wooly World and get a knit Link cap for Yoshi, or something. Get a Link suit for your Splatoon squid person.

If I can buy one Amiibo and suddenly have 10 little bonuses in games I already own, plus expect more bonuses in future games, that's a pretty cool prospect. They just need to keep it up, keep adding that value.

All of those other functions are cosmetic, and also things that don't really interest me. I'm not terribly interested in collecting Amiibos in the first place, but if I did get one I'd want to be able to pick one that I actually like because it actually has a decent pose without a bunch of terrible-looking clear plastic tubes holding it up.

Tying weapons to them (ie. entire gameplay styles), especially tying them to specific Amiibos, is exactly the type of thing I was afraid of when Amiibos were announced. Hopefully they are smart enough to offer those things via an alternate method.

I don't mind the uses in Smash Bros, or the Mii costumes in Mario Kart, and I was never going to play Ace Combat so I don't have an opinion on that. Using the Amiibos to get extra materials in this game was also fine. Linking them to actual unique gameplay content is not (if this turns out to be the only way to get it).

Let's say that Ganondorf and Sheik really do have weapons as well. Last I checked, Amiibos cost $13 each, so that's $52 if you want all the gameplay content in Hyrule Warriors, nearly the cost of a full priced game, and well over double the cost of the season pass. If you don't care about the currently announced functions in other games, that it a very hefty price for that gameplay content, and you get stuck with four different happy meal toys that you didn't want in the first place.

However, I remain optimistic that the weapons will simply be early unlocks for Amiibo users and available later for everyone else on the eShop or something. If not, then I'm going to be very disappointed in Nintendo.

Apparently the Zelda amiibo thing was a mistranslation. When you scan a Zelda amiibo, you get one weapon for her - as in, a rapier or a baton, not an entirely new one. The same thing happens with the Link amiibo, but with him, you also unlock the spinner. If you use any of the other amiibo, you get a random weapon, material or rupee.

Maz- wrote: »
    Apparently the Zelda amiibo thing was a mistranslation. When you scan a Zelda amiibo, you get one weapon for her - as in, a rapier or a baton, not an entirely new one. The same thing happens with the Link amiibo, but with him, you also unlock the spinner. If you use any of the other amiibo, you get a random weapon, material or rupee.

Aww that sucks. Why no weapon love for other characters?

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Wished you could sell your weapons at the smithy whenever you wanted. Instead waiting for the list to overflow at the results screen.

• Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular

If I can play devil's advocate here, I'm really not a fan of the lighting in the 3DS trailer, I know it's because dark doesn't really mesh with 3D but the darkness in Majora's Mask is a really big part of the atmosphere. I mean hell look at how bright the room where you meet the Happy Mask Man is compared to the N64 version.

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    They did something very similar in OoT3D

It was particularly noticeable in the last battle with Ganon; you could see him very clearly in the 3D version, which kind of hurt the battle a little bit

dN0T6ur.png
  • BigWillieStylesBigWillieStyles Expert flipper of tables Inside my mind...Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Why the focus on the Mask of Dog Tracks?
    Because it served the same purpose in OoT?

BigWillieStyles on
    3DS Friend Code: 1006 - 0121 - 6969
    PM me with yours if you add me

qjtn1z7sbww7.jpg

Damn, looks like they updated the page. Now it says June 30th.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA

qjtn1z7sbww7.jpg

Damn, looks like they updated the page. Now it says June 30th.

Neither of those dates are in spring though :P So probably a placeholder as well.

• BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    The 3d effect gets more ghosting when the scenery is dark.

I hope MM has the exact same 3D effect as OoT though. It was really deep and awesome and you can always tweak the slider to make it less deep if you need to.

Loved when he held items over his head and they spun around in front of the 3DS screen, like you could touch them.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Yes! I've been looking forward to this inevitable moment for quite some time. Probably my second favourite game of all time.

I do feel a little sad looking at the collector's edition. There was a time I'd leap at that, but older, wiser (duller?) I now can't justify the extra cost for a poster that will never end up on a wall and a badge that while awesome, will probably go in a box on a shelf and be forgotten about.

At least the musical chest with Link between Worlds was something my kids could play with!

I never even got myself that plush Tingle. It's just the kind of thing you need to receive as a present rather than buying yourself I think and my family never got the hint. Maybe if secret santa is reading...

MhCw7nZ.gif